Snufkin Weapons Xpansion (A19 - Stable)

arramus

18 minutes ago, magejosh said:

As arramus was saying it requires that item property unlocked by code in the items.xml. It also has to have a pairing code in the progression.xml

that code would look something like this with the perk name swapped out to the right one, the level you want it unlocked at if not 5 changed to that number, and change the toolComputer to the weapon crafting recipe you want unlocked by that level of that perk. 

<append xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkAdvancedEngineering']">
		<effect_group>
			<passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="5" value="1" tags="toolComputer"/>
		</effect_group>
</append>

If you don't have a progression.xml in there, which i don't think there is if memory serves. Then you will need to make one and add that code with your changes. Repeat that code for each different weapon you want to add. 

Hope that is helpful for you.

Thank you for the assistance, but I have tried that as well. It still doesn't connect at all. I'm not sure how to show it as a code format, but I can paste my progression.xml if need be (in my first post I do have my progression.xml posted as a google drive w/o the test I just did). I know in it I don't have anything that connects the railgun to a perk other than the unlocked by code in the items property. So I am just confused as why that one works but like the Newcomen doesn't.

• Like 1

I am open to any suggestions anyone wants to give me. I have tagged the weapon in multiple spots. I have put the tag learnable in the weapon, I have tagged the perk to the weapon, and I have put the perk in the progression.xml. I feel like something should have worked, but still nothing did. If someone wants to give it a shot, it could just be me and something I did that messed up the whole thing. But at the moment, I have no idea why it's not working.

• Like 1

I would like to say @magejosh was correct on how to solve this. I guess I wasn't really understanding what he was saying. It took me all day to really think and figure it out. But thank you all for your help I really appreciate it!

• Like 2

On 6/26/2021 at 2:03 PM, Werei said:

I would like to say @magejosh was correct on how to solve this. I guess I wasn't really understanding what he was saying. It took me all day to really think and figure it out. But thank you all for your help I really appreciate it!

Excellent. There are some strict procedures to follow to make everything fall into place and if one is missing, such as not having the progression tree specifically outlined in items.xml it will return an NRE and require shut down. Others can be more forgiving and just not perform as intended. The only way I figured this out was to emulate the default settings.

• Like 1

That's excellent news. I'm not the best at explaining myself at the best of times, but i'm glad you were able to get it figured out. 

Oh i forgot to mention, while i was adjusting things in my copy of this awesome mod, i changed the weapon tags pointing to perkYeahScience to instead point to perkTurrets as it felt the closest in functionality and it seems to work well. 

Edited by magejosh
Updated Information (see edit history)
  • Like 1

oh, i knew there was one other thing i meant to ask about. was that one random perc_subtract of entitydamage on the PP-19 Bizon intentional or should it have been perc_add like all the others? I flipped it and it hasn't felt too powerful. But that's in Purgatory, where all zombies are stronger and can heal after they've taken a little damage. 

12 hours ago, magejosh said:

oh, i knew there was one other thing i meant to ask about. was that one random perc_subtract of entitydamage on the PP-19 Bizon intentional or should it have been perc_add like all the others? I flipped it and it hasn't felt too powerful. But that's in Purgatory, where all zombies are stronger and can heal after they've taken a little damage. 

As this was one of Snufkin's creations and kept at its default settings, we may well never know...

• Like 1

Here is a small update to the Xpansion weapons to reflect Server Admin feedback relating to the increased mod slots.

https://github.com/arramus/Snufkin-Weapons-Xpansion-A19-2021July13

This updates allows two features:

1. The Vampire Gauntlets and Balrog IX accept the Burning Shaft Mod attachment. The end result looks like the weapons are burning the flames via a flame spray rather than being soaked in a volatile substance. The Burning Shaft performs its regular function against zombies and provides a slight damage increase.

20210713232802_1.thumb.jpg.e825d4db00d64bbec5a26c6182a5c42d.jpg

20210713232346_1.thumb.jpg.f1f4d145799b7d1e56151ae25bda04dc.jpg

2. The second update is a mod called the 'Weapon Durability Mod'. This modification is purely for only weapons and lowers degradation by 50% in comparison to the 25% degradation in 'tools' for the Brace Mod.

20210709230002_1.thumb.jpg.a38473acdf897cfc723082f297cf53f2.jpg

The end result shows the modded version of the Oakraven with identical stats receiving the 50% reduction in damage.

20210709230246_1.thumb.jpg.2822896dbc818fafe4f04f938a914204.jpg

This Weapon Durability Mod can only be found in loot just as with the 'hat' mods.

While it is not compatible with general default tools.

20210713102327_1.thumb.jpg.888971626e014ec62c06af3d2a45c444.jpg

The Brainsaw and Turret Auger will readily accept it.

20210713102443_1.thumb.jpg.08ee7de3062e06ffd6855057a22baf78.jpg

• 5 weeks later...