(A20) Snufkin Weapons Xpansion

arramus

18 minutes ago, magejosh said:

As arramus was saying it requires that item property unlocked by code in the items.xml. It also has to have a pairing code in the progression.xml

that code would look something like this with the perk name swapped out to the right one, the level you want it unlocked at if not 5 changed to that number, and change the toolComputer to the weapon crafting recipe you want unlocked by that level of that perk. 

<append xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkAdvancedEngineering']">
		<effect_group>
			<passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="5" value="1" tags="toolComputer"/>
		</effect_group>
</append>

If you don't have a progression.xml in there, which i don't think there is if memory serves. Then you will need to make one and add that code with your changes. Repeat that code for each different weapon you want to add. 

Hope that is helpful for you.

Thank you for the assistance, but I have tried that as well. It still doesn't connect at all. I'm not sure how to show it as a code format, but I can paste my progression.xml if need be (in my first post I do have my progression.xml posted as a google drive w/o the test I just did). I know in it I don't have anything that connects the railgun to a perk other than the unlocked by code in the items property. So I am just confused as why that one works but like the Newcomen doesn't.

I am open to any suggestions anyone wants to give me. I have tagged the weapon in multiple spots. I have put the tag learnable in the weapon, I have tagged the perk to the weapon, and I have put the perk in the progression.xml. I feel like something should have worked, but still nothing did. If someone wants to give it a shot, it could just be me and something I did that messed up the whole thing. But at the moment, I have no idea why it's not working.

On 6/26/2021 at 2:03 PM, Werei said:

I would like to say @magejosh was correct on how to solve this. I guess I wasn't really understanding what he was saying. It took me all day to really think and figure it out. But thank you all for your help I really appreciate it!

Excellent. There are some strict procedures to follow to make everything fall into place and if one is missing, such as not having the progression tree specifically outlined in items.xml it will return an NRE and require shut down. Others can be more forgiving and just not perform as intended. The only way I figured this out was to emulate the default settings.

That's excellent news. I'm not the best at explaining myself at the best of times, but i'm glad you were able to get it figured out. 

Oh i forgot to mention, while i was adjusting things in my copy of this awesome mod, i changed the weapon tags pointing to perkYeahScience to instead point to perkTurrets as it felt the closest in functionality and it seems to work well. 

Edited by magejosh
Updated Information (see edit history)

oh, i knew there was one other thing i meant to ask about. was that one random perc_subtract of entitydamage on the PP-19 Bizon intentional or should it have been perc_add like all the others? I flipped it and it hasn't felt too powerful. But that's in Purgatory, where all zombies are stronger and can heal after they've taken a little damage. 

12 hours ago, magejosh said:

oh, i knew there was one other thing i meant to ask about. was that one random perc_subtract of entitydamage on the PP-19 Bizon intentional or should it have been perc_add like all the others? I flipped it and it hasn't felt too powerful. But that's in Purgatory, where all zombies are stronger and can heal after they've taken a little damage. 

As this was one of Snufkin's creations and kept at its default settings, we may well never know...

Here is a small update to the Xpansion weapons to reflect Server Admin feedback relating to the increased mod slots.

https://github.com/arramus/Snufkin-Weapons-Xpansion-A19-2021July13

This updates allows two features:

1. The Vampire Gauntlets and Balrog IX accept the Burning Shaft Mod attachment. The end result looks like the weapons are burning the flames via a flame spray rather than being soaked in a volatile substance. The Burning Shaft performs its regular function against zombies and provides a slight damage increase.

20210713232802_1.thumb.jpg.e825d4db00d64bbec5a26c6182a5c42d.jpg

20210713232346_1.thumb.jpg.f1f4d145799b7d1e56151ae25bda04dc.jpg

2. The second update is a mod called the 'Weapon Durability Mod'. This modification is purely for only weapons and lowers degradation by 50% in comparison to the 25% degradation in 'tools' for the Brace Mod.

20210709230002_1.thumb.jpg.a38473acdf897cfc723082f297cf53f2.jpg

The end result shows the modded version of the Oakraven with identical stats receiving the 50% reduction in damage.

20210709230246_1.thumb.jpg.2822896dbc818fafe4f04f938a914204.jpg

This Weapon Durability Mod can only be found in loot just as with the 'hat' mods.

While it is not compatible with general default tools.

20210713102327_1.thumb.jpg.888971626e014ec62c06af3d2a45c444.jpg

The Brainsaw and Turret Auger will readily accept it.

20210713102443_1.thumb.jpg.08ee7de3062e06ffd6855057a22baf78.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

A small update to Thor's Hammer to increase attacks per minute from 20 to 33.

https://github.com/arramus/Snufkin-Weapons-Xpansion-A19-2021October29

A lot of players really like the concept of Thor's Hammer but find it to be 'heavy' and 'sluggish'. A regular baseline 'attacks per minute' for a Sledge Hammer is 30. At 20, Thor's Hammer was good for a Power Strike into a crowd of zombies but limited when picking off zombies a few steps away from each other due to the slower attack cycle. The increase in damage did not appear to be proportional to the slower hit rate and Thor's Hammer lost its appeal after any initial fun with it. Adding AOE candy benefit for the repulsor in a previous update was still not enough to address the limited attacks per minute and this weapon was seen as a novelty.

This update provides a 10% increase in attacks per minute compared to a regular Sledge Hammer (30). This is comparable to other weapons in the Xpansion pack. In tests, a low tier zombie can be taken out with a single regular blow, but when zombie HP increases to the likes of the Lumberjack, it will require multiple regular hits. Thor's Hammer now feels more balanced in comparison to other weapons and this should make it a more viable stand alone weapon for players who prefer melee type game play. As with this class of weapon, stamina will drop quickly with power hits and Thor's Hammer will serve those who put their skill in the required physical and weapon traits for sledging. We hope this update addresses feedback shared over the past year.

On 8/13/2021 at 7:53 PM, AndrewT said:

will this mod interfere with other weapon mods i have in this case I have the harrys calibers mod

Sorry to have missed your post. I wonder if you installed Harry's alongside Snifkin's and can share the results.

1 hour ago, arramus said:

A small update to Thor's Hammer to increase attacks per minute from 20 to 33.

https://github.com/arramus/Snufkin-Weapons-Xpansion-A19-2021October29

A lot of players really like the concept of Thor's Hammer but find it to be 'heavy' and 'sluggish'. A regular baseline 'attacks per minute' for a Sledge Hammer is 30. At 20, Thor's Hammer was good for a Power Strike into a crowd of zombies but limited when picking off zombies a few steps away from each other due to the slower attack cycle. The increase in damage did not appear to be proportional to the slower hit rate and Thor's Hammer lost its appeal after any initial fun with it. Adding AOE candy benefit for the repulsor in a previous update was still not enough to address the limited attacks per minute and this weapon was seen as a novelty.

This update provides a 10% increase in attacks per minute compared to a regular Sledge Hammer (30). This is comparable to other weapons in the Xpansion pack. In tests, a low tier zombie can be taken out with a single regular blow, but when zombie HP increases to the likes of the Lumberjack, it will require multiple regular hits. Thor's Hammer now feels more balanced in comparison to other weapons and this should make it a more viable stand alone weapon for players who prefer melee type game play. As with this class of weapon, stamina will drop quickly with power hits and Thor's Hammer will serve those who put their skill in the required physical and weapon traits for sledging. We hope this update addresses feedback shared over the past year.

Sorry to have missed your post. I wonder if you installed Harry's alongside Snifkin's and can share the results.

got them both and the work

• 3 weeks later...

Here is an update for the Snufkin Weapons Expansion.

https://github.com/arramus/Snufkin-Weapons-Xpansion-A19-2021November14

This update includes a number of changes as follows:

Hazard Spear
A number of players have asked about the possibility of incorporating a Spear that surpasses the Steel Spear and can be more effective for high game stage interactions. The Hazard Spear is an upgrade from the stock Steel Spear with approximately a 10% increase in damage and speed of use along with a -10% drain on stamina. It has also been associated with Flurry of Blows to further enhance speed of use. With only 3 levels of upgrade, this increase did not feel excessive during tests. In addition, the Hazard Spear is able to attach the Repulsor Mod. Thank you to Kaelhazard whose name has been associated with the Hazard Spear for supporting recent tests.

A level 1 Hazard Spear with a Repulsor Mod installed. Not excessive damage but gives the player time.

20211114195340_1.thumb.jpg.65ac2f475959cffa8ea21cfc7bdf450e.jpg

Gamma Gun.

The Gamma Gun was using Yeah Science perk which had been removed and it gained no benefit from any skills beyond general Intellect benefits. It became a very underwhelming weapon and I rarely saw it used. It can be aimed and fires a single shot with range like a rifle and has been given the Dead Eye skill.

arramus Fire and Dre X3
The arramus Fire and Dre X3 were also using Yeah Science and have been switched to Demolitions Expert as it may be the closest in context.

Oakraven X11

The Oakraven X11 was missing an attribute and has been added to Agility to reflect its Gunslinger skill.

Brainsaw
The Brainsaw received deep cuts. It copied the regular chainsaw settings but the melee blade feature warrants some cutting power.

All of the Attributes and Skills for each weapon have been added to the localisation file and will appear in the weapon description. For example:

20211114230755_1.thumb.jpg.14f674716cd10d2b542800c42a644ce0.jpg

And finally, the Polearm can attach the Burning Shaft mod as it had very limited Mod capability and lost its edge in high Game Stage interactions. This will support stealthy play throughs where I've seen the Polearm put to good effect.

The Loot Box Add On has also been updated to reflect the introduction of the Hazard Spear. There is one more slot in the Loot Box Add On for a top end weapon and we shall see what a20 brings us to stimulate ideas.

20211114205827_1.thumb.jpg.98880fbe25cffcd8ba522df676f89e25.jpg

Since the devs suggest the Attribute and Perk system will not be undergoing any updates for a20, that will reduce any transitions required for the Snufkin Weapons Xpansion Mod to move from a19 to a20.

Thank you all for the feedback and support during a19 to help restore Snufkin's a18 masterpiece and expand to where we are now.

Edited by arramus
missing word (see edit history)

Here is a large major update that has been pending for some time.

https://github.com/arramus/Snufkin-Weapons-Xpansion-A19-2021November20

This update adds more comprehensive Progression to all weapons to allow them to be manufactured on the workbench from level 2 - 6.
This Progression format is using the original Snufkin Polearm as the template to maintain an original concept pattern.

Up to now, all weapons could be produced on the workbench. However, the majority of weapons could only be produced to Level 1, with only the Polearm, Cross Bow Mag, Railgun, and Thor Hammer being dependent on Progression up to level 6.

In the case of the Polearm, manufacture could begin from low level in sequence up to Level 6 based on the Javelin skill, while the Railgun, Cross Bow Mag, and Thor Hammer (of the originals) had inter dependence on Deadeye and Electrocutioner with an unlock from Level 5 or general lockdown to level 5 for the Cross Bow Mag. This could bring confusion as it was an eclectic experimental mix.

In addition, all weapons show which skills impact them in their description. However, the first skill, after the attribute is the skill players will need to consider for increasing manufacture level. This will be shown clearly in the locked version of the weapon, but once unlocked may be forgotten. The description will act as a reminder. As there is limited space in the skill text area for some skills, adding more text will simply make it more difficult to read as text size decreases. Adding to the weapon description is an easy location to visit as well.

While weapon level linked to skill is well known, here is an example for the Savery.

Locked through its most primary skill trait, Dead Eye.

20211120104450_1.thumb.jpg.ccc18369c87826dd5364e117ab95407a.jpg

Adding 2 skill to the Dead Eye skill tree.

20211120104500_1.thumb.jpg.f7271a2f78c6f7e99347b81a891050b1.jpg

Crafting a level 3 Savery.

20211120104510_1.thumb.jpg.064cd9255c9f42347b58abca66dcd111.jpg

Fully completing the Dead Eye skill tree.

20211120104522_1.thumb.jpg.0da2de67dd836350320cef7a72a0db52.jpg

The possibility to manufacture a level 6 Savery.

20211120104532_1.thumb.jpg.0347c99387361db3c748eede312dfeab.jpg

We hope this update, brings consistency to all Snufkin Weapons Xpansion models and types.

• arramus changed the title to (A20) Snufkin Weapons Xpansion - Experimental

An experimental version of the Snufkin Weapons Xpansion has been released for testing and feedback.

There were 13 updates as follows:

1. Changed gunShotgunT0Blunderbuss to gunShotgunT1DoubleBarrel in recipes.xml
2. Changed Hero Chest loot to GunSafeSecure loot and Wall Safe / Desk Safe to reflect A20 updates to hardened chest Tier groups.
3. Changed Hyperblaster icon from Blunderbuss to Auto Shotgun.
4. Changed Railgun icon from Marksman Rifle to Sniper Rifle.
5. Changed Meshfile and StickyMeshFile for Black Widow ammo types.
6. Update Gamma Gun attachment to A20 version.
7. Updated Vampire Guantlets spike attachment to match A20 location.
8. Updated Kronos XII sights and AutoTurret attachment to match A20 location.
9. Updated Vulcan sights.
10. Updated Savery attachments to A20 version.
11. Updated DCLXVI Zeus attachment to A20 version.
12. Updated Brainsaw to reflect new model and settings.
13. Updated Back Pack mod attachment to A20 version.

https://github.com/arramus/Snufkin-Weapons-Xpansion-A20-2021December17

thanks for this mod, i loved it in a19.. trying it in a20 now (just installed it today)

just question, in a19, i found an issue with one of the clubs where when its held, i couldnt loot anything or open any doors, etc., was this fixed in updates and for a20?

29 minutes ago, HYper said:

thanks for this mod, i loved it in a19.. trying it in a20 now (just installed it today)

just question, in a19, i found an issue with one of the clubs where when its held, i couldnt loot anything or open any doors, etc., was this fixed in updates and for a20?

I believe that was the Metal Bollard. I tested it in A20 along with all weapons and it was able to loot, open, and all other interactions while holding it.

It was tinkered with for A19 but was never able to allow interaction. For A20, it fixed itself without any need to try again. Possibly a change to collision in that model.

20211217153220_1.thumb.jpg.6e4a0de1c9e017b27bf3756f6338805b.jpg

4 hours ago, HYper said:

yes that was it! good to know, thanks!

my favorite weapon in a19 was savery so def looking forward to it again.

Ahh yes. With the hunting rifle switched to a new model, it looks a bit different. It will take a little getting used to for aiming without mod scopes as it has the new aiming for the new model. It certainly still packs a punch though and has always been a favorite. Things like damage may have changed in A20 so feedback is very welcome on the Savery and any other while it's being fine tuned for A20.

Thanks for the great mod! I've recently added this to my server, and all of my friends are enjoying it quite a bit, but there is a problem. The PP-19 is completely silent, when firing PP-19 Bizon there is no sound effect, and while stealth without a silencer the player will remain undetected, is this an intended feature for the weapon? IMO it is quite weird for this weapon to have such property, is it possible to change it so that players won't remain undetected after they emptied their mag?

Edit: Not really a modder myself, but I did a little dig on the XML files, I found that the Bizon has been using the "mp5_fire" sound, which I assume should be "smg_fire" sound since there should be no MP5 firing sound file on the vanilla. After this simple fix, I got the weapon to work the way I expect it to.

Edited by TiLath (see edit history)

43 minutes ago, TiLath said:

Thanks for the great mod! I've recently added this to my server, and all of my friends are enjoying it quite a bit, but there is a problem. The PP-19 is completely silent, when firing PP-19 Bizon there is no sound effect, and while stealth without a silencer the player will remain undetected, is this an intended feature for the weapon? IMO it is quite weird for this weapon to have such property, is it possible to change it so that players won't remain undetected after they emptied their mag?

Edit: Not really a modder myself, but I did a little dig on the XML files, I found that the Bizon has been using the "mp5_fire" sound, which I assume should be "smg_fire" sound since there should be no MP5 firing sound file on the vanilla. After this simple fix, I got the weapon to work the way I expect it to.

Thanks for digging, and good spot. This was an original weapon from Snufkin for the Snufkin Weapons mod and was kept as true to the original as possible for as long as possible. The mp5 firing and even model attachment data was kept in recent Alphas even though it lost its place in Vanilla, but the time has now come to replace it since it has been purged to make way for the pipe guns. There is a missing attachment feature for the mp5 but the tin can remains and makes the PP-19 what it is.

There was the option for regular SMG audio and 'pipe_smg_fire' version for the new Pipe MG. The regular SMG has the best pitch and random variety to match the context and the PP-19 will be happy with that. For your reference, it follows regular SMG settings apart from the muzzle flash which retains pistol gunfire.

<property name="Sound_start" value="smg_fire"/>
				<property name="Sound_loop" value="smg_fire"/>
				<property name="Sound_end" value="smg_fire_end"/>
				<property name="Sound_empty" value="dryfire"/>
				<property name="Sound_reload" value=""/>
				<property name="Particles_muzzle_fire" value="gunfire_pistol"/>
				<property name="Particles_muzzle_fire_fpv" value="gunfire_SMG_fpv"/>

I tested it at night, and it was a real magnet and things got busy very quickly, far beyond regular volume. This update has been pushed within the same download on the first page and we'll see over time if any other features were removed that need an alternative. Some of the patching up for A20 will leave the original creating wincing, but that's the way it is.

20211223020403_1.thumb.jpg.7c103f02ac451fc4873f98587e96468b.jpg

A quick check on the Loot Box Add On shows it needed one small change for an insertAfter prompt:

<insertAfter xpath="/quests/quest[@id='quest_tier6complete']" > to tier5complete for quests.xml since it no longer exists.

The second issue relates to an XUi controls.xml warning.

Line 52: <rect depth="2" width="30" height="30" pos="0,0" visible="${visible|false}"> is not being accepted on this A20 update. I shall ask for input from modders who are accustomed to XUi for a potential alternative or rewrite.

2021-12-23T10:30:06 52.956 ERR [XUi] Control parameter 'visible' undefined (in: visible="${visible|false}") --- hierarchy:  -> windows -> window (RedeemInfoPanel) -> rect (contentCraftingInfo) -> rect (ingredients) -> grid -> lootbox_ingredient (1) -> rect (row) -> rect
FormatException: Value is not equivalent to either TrueString or FalseString.

There are other things to update after this, such as the loot.xml to match new A20 formatting and they'll be done in sequence as things are resolved.

A small update was added to the current experimental build based on feedback about an A20 change to the frequency of nest looting opportunities.

In A19, the Clucker round had a selling cost of 50. It was found at about the same frequency as eggs and with time and effort could be a good way to raise funds in place of looting and selling. For A20, this has been exacerbated with the increased frequency of nests and was an unbalanced way to make quick coin. As such, the Clucker round selling cost has dropped to 10, and this brings it more into line with regular ammo. The download link remains the same as per the first post link.

Beyond this feedback, and the kind feedback about the PP-19 Bizon, there do not seem to be any game breakers and in the new year can be switched to stable based on nothing major being reported.

Thank you for the feedback so far to help keep the mod balanced and proportional to default features.

• arramus changed the title to (A20) Snufkin Weapons Xpansion