(A20) Snufkin Weapons Xpansion

arramus

31 minutes ago, arramus said:

Can I confirm it's the SMX UI  and possibly others by Sirillion?

If so, it may well be worth asking Sirillion directly if they wouldn't mind taking a look at the lootbox mod itself and possibly customising it to fit into SMX rather than the other way around. It may well be less coding to implement things that way. Snufkin has been very open to other modders supporting his work and actively encouraged modders to utilise his assets which has been done for expanded version of his mods.

I'll def. throw a message out to Sirillion and see if its something they could do. Thank you = ) In the mean time, I suppose I could just set up a normal machine and sell the loot boxes for dukes = ) 

1 hour ago, MeredithS said:

I'll def. throw a message out to Sirillion and see if its something they could do. Thank you = ) In the mean time, I suppose I could just set up a normal machine and sell the loot boxes for dukes = ) 

Yes, nice work around. Other server tweaks have seen them added to low tier, mid tier, and boss tier loot bags as per preference, and possibly increasing weapon find probability in the reinforced trunks. Snufkin set them up when those reinforced trunks were a little rarer back in A18 but A19 new POIs made sure they are much more of a common feature and that shows with these custom weapons.

My players have noticed the Savery isn't doing much damage. The stat says it will do roughly 150 damage at level 6 but when using the weapon it does about 20 damage which is like throwing a rock at someone. So my question is, how do I increase the damage modifier for The Savery? I looked into the items.xml file but there's three different Entity Damage modifiers and I'm not sure which one to mess with if any.

On 4/13/2021 at 1:10 AM, OwlWolfe said:

My players have noticed the Savery isn't doing much damage. The stat says it will do roughly 150 damage at level 6 but when using the weapon it does about 20 damage which is like throwing a rock at someone. So my question is, how do I increase the damage modifier for The Savery? I looked into the items.xml file but there's three different Entity Damage modifiers and I'm not sure which one to mess with if any.

Yes, I've heard similar but left it as it was to retain its original settings. However, it is a glorious weapon and well worth a revisit. I've been using a lever action rifle version using Magnum ammo in The Wasteland Mod which has been a most worthy weapon and shares many common features with the Savery. There's no reason this Xpansion Mod version can't be tweaked.

I'm not sure how Snufkin calibrated the damage for this weapon because it is practically identical to other weapons and default values are abundant and very similar. The magnum does a lot more damage with very little difference and it may be tied to magazine capacity as well.

Anyways, I tried a level 6 with a magazine capacity of 12. One of the default values is:

<passive_effect name="EntityDamage" operation="base_add" value="10"/> which gave about 20-25 damage per hit with 200% + for headshots depending on Skill.

I changed it to:
<passive_effect name="EntityDamage" operation="base_add" value="25"/> which gave about 50-60 damage per hit and a headshot could eliminate lower level entities instantly and will further increase in damage with dismember potential as skills improves. 25 felt reasonably balanced with no skill because players do have 12 rounds to fire in very rapid succession.

I hope your players can try 25 to start with and see how it goes with skill points added to its branch and then we can tweak up or down if needed. Once that sweetspot is found, we can set it as the default value for the Xpansion version of the Savery to give it that punch players feel it lacks and bring it back into the game.

On 4/12/2021 at 9:10 AM, OwlWolfe said:

Adding the revolver tag to the Savery rifle gives the weapon damage reflected of it's stats on the information page, I was messing with tags trying to fix the same problem and noticed that the damage would reflect correctly with 7.62.

Edit: my Tags property is now this
<property name="Tags" value="weapon,ranged,revolver,holdBreathAiming,reloadPenalty,gun,noSilencer,barrelAttachments,sideAttachments,smallTopAttachments,mediumTopAttachments,largeTopAttachments,stock,bottomAttachments,attPerception,perkDeadEye,canHaveCosmetic"/>

Edited by shae122 (see edit history)

Thank you @shae122. I just cross checked another mod setting for 'The Wasteland' for the Lever Action Rifle which is very similar in build and your solution shares the same parameter with the 'revolver' tag. Thanks for working on the tags and finding the exact tag we all need. I'm going to test the Savery a little with this tag and see how it fares with the current settings to make sure it won't be too overpowered since it can fire 12 rounds in very rapid succession. It's possible things changed a little from A18 to A19 as Snufkin would have checked the Savery beforehand in A18 to make sure it had the power expected of a 'low' tier 'special' weapon and this could have been part of it.

Here's the Savery with the 'revolver' tag.

A level 1 savery with 82 damage.

20210420204219_1.thumb.jpg.f1d6c8282245aa050ba531f38b0d2a05.jpg

A body shot provides 123 damage.20210420204239_1.thumb.jpg.1a75cea50eac73bc1af833f05102c496.jpg

And a second body shot is a further consistent 123 damage.

20210420204244_1.thumb.jpg.06f2f6d0fc5cd911325bf2c3cac8324d.jpg

A level 6 savery with 120 damage.

20210420203841_1.thumb.jpg.4db043dc943d8a074852202052fd62ec.jpg

A body shot provides 175 damage.

20210420203938_1.thumb.jpg.9dcdd915c3dfe9fd64eda1d5718155f7.jpg

And a second body shot is showing 143 damage but Zombie Yo had self healed (quite rapidly) and the consistency remains.

20210420203946_1.thumb.jpg.ee7e52236145528950b4d661d85e8197.jpg

Changing the current default of <passive_effect name="EntityDamage" operation="base_add" value="10"/> to <passive_effect name="EntityDamage" operation="base_add" value="6"/> brings the Level 6 Savery from 120 to 114 and Level 1 from 82 to 78. A level 6 sniper rifle offers 94, and level 1 64; about a 20% reduction on the damage compared to a 'special' weapon that holds a similar amount of rounds. The damage suggested and the damage they actually do is not accurate but this is the same for stock weapons as well with the level 1 sniper at 64 actually doing 96 damage to an entity. Snufkin Weapons are quite rare and can be as rare as the Server Admin wants them to be simply by changing the lootbox probabilities.

Adding the 'revolver' tag suggested by @shae122 and dropping the base_add value from 10 to 6 keeps it similar to a sniper rifle for capacity but about 20% up in damage which will help with those more HP boosted Snufkin Zombies that often get added to the same server loadouts. I was a level 4 player at this stage with no skill on anything and no mods in any of the weapons.

@OwlWolfe Can you see if adding the 'revolver' tag and decreasing from 10 to 6 allows your players to feel the Savery has got its bit back but keeps it within the realms of balance? I am good to test on your server with your regulars for a couple of hours as well if you want to share your server details.

Here is a small update to the Snufkin Weapons Xpansion Mod for A19.

https://github.com/arramus/Snufkin-Weapons-Xpansion-A19-2021April23

@OwlWolfe received feedback from players within his community that the Savery (an existing weapon from Snufkin's original weapon mod) was lacking stopping power. This issue had been reported in the past and a revisit to the Savery was certainly long overdue. @shae122 had been experimenting with adding tags to weapons and suggested giving the Savery a 'revolver' tag which also reflects how the Savery is constructed as well as the ammo type. This suggestion worked very well and we appreciate the testing groundwork. The following changes updated the Savery from a rather blunt tool to a weapon with real stopping power.

1. Addition of 'revolver' tag.
2. Changing entity damage "base_add" value="10" to "base_add" value="6" (because adding the revolver tag made a fundamental change to entity HP loss per hit and needed bringing down a little).

This update gives the Savery a +20% HP hit over the Sniper Rifle at their reflected Weapon Tier Levels. The Savery and the Sniper Rifle share a similar magazine size and sniper benefits from greater scope and range features. Snufkin clearly balanced all of the the weapons for A18 but with updates to A19 came unexpected changes. We shall see how this changes the dynamics from hereon and will listen out for community feedback in case a further revisit is required.

Edited by arramus
Savery has scope features (see edit history)

Hello,

I want add weapons to trader and i made trader.xml but idk why weapons don't show up on trader tab. Can anyone help me? I put my code below:

<config>
<append xpath="/traders/trader_item_groups/trader_item_group[@name='weaponsGunsT3']">
			<item name="Gamma Gun" prob="0.05" quality="1,6"/>  
			<item name="Gamma Round" count="5" prob="0.05"/>   
			<item name="Newcomen" prob="0.05" quality="1,6"/>   
			<item name="StickyGrenade" prob="0.05" quality="1,6"/>  
			<item name="HyperBlaster" prob="0.05" quality="1,6"/>  
			<item name="Energy Cells" count="5" prob="0.05"/> 
			<item name="Vampire Gauntlets" prob="0.05" quality="1,6"/>  
			<item name="Kronos XII" prob="0.05" quality="1,6"/>  
			<item name="Vulcan" prob="0.05" quality="1,6"/>  
			<item name="CrimsonHunter" prob="0.05" quality="1,6"/>
			<item name="CrimsonGrenade" count="5" prob="0.05"/>
			<item name="Savery" prob="0.05" quality="1,6"/>
			<item name="Polearm" prob="0.05" quality="1,6"/>
			<item name="QuadShotgun" prob="0.05" quality="1,6"/>
			<item name="Railgun" prob="0.05" quality="1,6"/>
			<item name="Thor Hammer" prob="0.05" quality="1,6"/>
			<item name="RailgunAmmo" count="50" prob="0.05"/>
			<item name="Thor Hammer" prob="0.05" quality="1,6"/>
			<item name="CrossbowMag" prob="0.05" quality="1,6"/>
			<item name="Klak Attack" prob="0.05" quality="1,6"/>
			<item name="Star Baseball Bat" prob="0.05" quality="1,6"/>
			<item name="DCLXVI Zeus" prob="0.05" quality="1,6"/>
			<item name="DCLXVI Zeus Ammo" count="50" prob="0.05"/>
			<item name="arramus Fire" prob="0.05" quality="1,6"/>
			<item name="arramus Fire Round" count="50" prob="0.05"/>
			<item name="Dre X3" prob="0.05" quality="1,6"/>
			<item name="Dre X3 Clucker Round" count="50" prob="0.05"/>
			<item name="Black Widow" prob="0.05" quality="1,6"/>
			<item name="ammoRedWidow" count="50" prob="0.05"/>
			<item name="ammoBlueWidow" count="50" prob="0.05"/>
			<item name="Green Ticket" count="5,10" prob="0.05"/>
			<item name="Yellow Ticket" count="1,5" prob="0.05"/>
			<item name="Red Ticket" count="1" prob="0.01"/>

</config>

@Szynsz

Based on this being added inside the Config folder for Snufkin Weapons Xpansion:

1. Add </append> to the end just above the </config> to close the code request.

2. Remove <item name="Green Ticket" count="5,10" prob="0.05"/> / <item name="Yellow Ticket" count="1,5" prob="0.05"/> / <item name="Red Ticket" count="1" prob="0.01"/> because they are handled in the Loot Box Add On or you'll get errors.

3. Increase the probability because this is a bit low as they are competing with some much higher probability items from Tier 1 - 3 and QL5.

Even then they will still have a lot of competition. They will mostly appear in the Secret Stash area that is unlocked by skill.

I added this to the T1 group and at .8 probability and it still took a long time to show any Snufkin weapon.

20210426225741_1.thumb.jpg.73ac751fbb59247aa8d32468fd53dc68.jpg

But the Secret Stash area will appear much more often.

20210426224218_1.thumb.jpg.9662eaaefa28a06d5df589a959c875f1.jpg

And please don't forget the <item name="Brainsaw"> from your list of items for the Trader to display. It was added as an update and it is possible you have an older version.

Now it will work pls check:

<config>
<append xpath="/traders/trader_item_groups/trader_item_group[@name='weaponsGunsT1']">
			<item name="Gamma Gun" prob="0.8" quality="1,6"/>  
			<item name="Gamma Round" count="5" prob="0.8"/>   
			<item name="Newcomen" prob="0.8" quality="1,6"/>   
			<item name="StickyGrenade" prob="0.8" quality="1,6"/>  
			<item name="HyperBlaster" prob="0.8" quality="1,6"/>  
			<item name="Energy Cells" count="5" prob="0.8"/> 
			<item name="Vampire Gauntlets" prob="0.8" quality="1,6"/>  
			<item name="Kronos XII" prob="0.8" quality="1,6"/>  
			<item name="Vulcan" prob="0.8" quality="1,6"/>  
			<item name="CrimsonHunter" prob="0.8" quality="1,6"/>
			<item name="CrimsonGrenade" count="5" prob="0.8"/>
			<item name="Savery" prob="0.8" quality="1,6"/>
			<item name="Polearm" prob="0.8" quality="1,6"/>
			<item name="QuadShotgun" prob="0.8" quality="1,6"/>
			<item name="Railgun" prob="0.8" quality="1,6"/>
			<item name="Thor Hammer" prob="0.8" quality="1,6"/>
			<item name="RailgunAmmo" count="50" prob="0.8"/>
			<item name="Thor Hammer" prob="0.8" quality="1,6"/>
			<item name="CrossbowMag" prob="0.8" quality="1,6"/>
			<item name="Klak Attack" prob="0.8" quality="1,6"/>
			<item name="Star Baseball Bat" prob="0.8" quality="1,6"/>
			<item name="DCLXVI Zeus" prob="0.8" quality="1,6"/>
			<item name="DCLXVI Zeus Ammo" count="50" prob="0.8"/>
			<item name="arramus Fire" prob="0.8" quality="1,6"/>
			<item name="arramus Fire Round" count="50" prob="0.8"/>
			<item name="Dre X3" prob="0.8" quality="1,6"/>
			<item name="Dre X3 Clucker Round" count="50" prob="0.8"/>
			<item name="Black Widow" prob="0.8" quality="1,6"/>
			<item name="ammoRedWidow" count="50" prob="0.8"/>

</append>		
</config>

And sorry but i don't understand what you say about brainsaw item. My english is not good

It will work. You can choose weaponsGunT1, weaponsGunT2, or weaponsGunT3 for the Game Stage you prefer.

Brainsaw is a new weapon in the mod. It is a chainsaw melee weapon. You can add to the bottom.

<item name="Brainsaw" prob="0.8" quality="1,6"/>

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a small but very important update for the Snufkin Weapons Xpansion Mod.

https://github.com/arramus/Snufkin-Weapons-Xpansion-A19-2021May11

The Vulcan weapon is based on the M60 code and contained elements from A18 which were no longer functional for A19 and caused the server to bring up a warning every time the weapon was fired. And if you have fired the Vulcan before, especially with a magazine extender then you will appreciate that the warning list would be HUGE as it would trigger for each and every round fired.

20210511002935_1.thumb.jpg.83dc2b305c7013f49fdabb9929114174.jpg

The following changes to the items.xml for the Vulcan brought it up to A19 standards.

<property name="Particles_muzzle_fire" value="m60_fire"/> has been changed to
<property name="Particles_muzzle_fire" value="gunfire_m60"/>

And

<property name="Particles_muzzle_fire_fpv" value="m60_fire"/> has been changed to

<property name="Particles_muzzle_fire_fpv" value="gunfire_m60_fpv"/>

20210511003638_1.thumb.jpg.538fd5118dd8aca8ee53ee5030c2ce7f.jpg

This result of this change is accepted properties and no more warnings. While this was not causing servers to crash, it does add to server load and is not something Server Admin want to see. Thank you to @Evilspartan and the Tipsy Squatch Gaming Community for recently bringing this to our attention (I'm sure it wasn't the first time) so it could finally be acted on.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice mod. I did however change the WagonWheel 20% barter bonus down to 10%.
Having it on 20% is bad. Why? If you have 5/5 barter, use all available buffs( cheesecake, sugar butt, the awesome sauce, magnum.) players can get Ammo for free at the trader.

53 minutes ago, smokingpaper said:

Nice mod. I did however change the WagonWheel 20% barter bonus down to 10%.
Having it on 20% is bad. Why? If you have 5/5 barter, use all available buffs( cheesecake, sugar butt, the awesome sauce, magnum.) players can get Ammo for free at the trader.

Correct, and sounds sensible. In some cases and for some items and with some combinations the player gets paid to take things. Changing to 10% sounds like a good update for this mod as well as adding a couple of Localization updates for the Black Widow Ammo which still has its code name displayed. Thank you for testing at 10%.

Here is a small update for the Snufkin Weapons Xpansion Mod.

https://github.com/arramus/Snufkin-Weapons-Xpansion-A19-2021May21

The Wagon Wheel Hat Mod has been reduced to +10/-10% for selling and buying to offset the excessive gain potential when buffs are stacked.

In addition, the Black Widow arrows have been localized as it is not always intuitive what they are used for when there are multiple weapon mods running together.

+/-10% applied

20210521201023_1.thumb.jpg.7d9b09efa8d96e9c41566ea750d440b6.jpg

Localization

20210521200919_1.thumb.jpg.da2e1de8c040b90a4a155b82564c6874.jpg

20210521200923_1.thumb.jpg.c2e6766606ae41b542b5b12a1d548897.jpg

Here is another update for all Localization which was long overdue and updates to Thor's Hammer to incorporate the Repulsor Mod and Nerd Tats Buff.

In addition, Localization was added for the Loot Box Machine as well as a few typos and corrections to description.

https://github.com/arramus/Snufkin-Weapons-Xpansion-A19-2021May22

Localization simply provides each weapon with a detailed description. This was based on details taken directly from the Loot Box Machine and new additions based on the Snufkin Xpansion Weapons.

Localization.

20210522231706_1.thumb.jpg.c392e68ee04e66dc69d98f6bf255a98f.jpg

Thor's Hammer updates. Primary action with repulsor.

20210522234856_1.thumb.jpg.4c7e8c96952821eca1d3a6411ec5713d.jpg

20210522234900_1.thumb.jpg.9ab80ff5e5f2bed94ba1bd212b6715aa.jpg

Secondary action with repulsor and tats.

20210522234933_1.thumb.jpg.adfa934de54f0d3260d79650faf2329a.jpg

20210522234939_1.thumb.jpg.a5387950beb6469b1693e2a16d41840e.jpg

Here is an update, primarily for the Loot Box with associated updates for the Xpansion Weapons for compliance (typos).

https://github.com/arramus/Snufkin-Weapons-Xpansion-A19-2021May25

The Loot Box Add On was a late addition for the Snufkin Weapons, and based on the empty slots awaiting new weapons, a work in progress. It saw some tentative updates to make it a more viable game feature beyond regular custom weapon looting and this update builds on that.

New Worlds come and go rather rapidly during the Alpha process and the odds of finding tickets and converting them into higher Tier weapons was a little low for some Server Admin and their communities, even though a lower Tier Snufkin weapon can be very effective. In particular, saving 100's of green tickets, along with lucky finds of other colors, to upgrade to a purple ticket only to be 'stung' with a Tier 1 weapon that wasn't really the one that was wanted got some 'concerned' feedback. As such, many server Admin were tweaking the chances more in the players favor. This update recognises this feedback and this release is the first to see how it balances as described below.

The probability to get a Tier 3-6 weapon is more than that of Tier 1-2 so all that hard looting won't go to waste. To offset this gain, Tier 1 was given its own dedicated probability (as it used to be bundled with Tier 2) but at a lower rate than Tier 2. Tier 1-2 should be the exception and not the norm. In addition, finding a purple ticket will now be possible in Buried Treasure chests, Gun Safes, Wall/Desk Safes, and Hardened Metal Chests. Probability will be low (1 in 100-250 depending on the location but this will also be weighted against other items placed in these containers as well as their limits.

In addition, there are an extra 8 weapons added to the Loot Box Machine. Two are from the original Snufkin Weapons (Balrog Ix and Polearm) and the remainder are from the Xpansion. The images in the Loot Box Machine are simply in game screenshots but the color coded text keeps classification simple enough.

The opening page brings updates to the images based on player feedback.

20210525040838_1.thumb.jpg.85c6e16e7845c7252877b6dd8922401d.jpg

The two additional Snufkin weapons and Xpansion weapons are added to the next page in no particular order. All images have been moved to a different hosting location as the code uses an 'efficiency' template that requires images to be with the same host site. The new images lack Snufkin's artistic flair but are functional and color coded.

20210525041014_1.thumb.jpg.548f621b242179ac651db8977d2b10a8.jpg

And new weapons also have their own descriptions, which have also been added to the descriptions in the Weapons Xpansion Mod.

20210525041018_1.thumb.jpg.b6125e5ce413765d216b78ece86a7765.jpg

In summary,

Green Tickets - PP-19 Bizon - Quad Shotgun - Turret Auger - Balrog IX - Dre X3 (5 weapons)

Yellow Tickets - Newcomen - Savery - Thor Hammer - Polearm - arramus Fire - Brainsaw (6 weapons)

Red Tickets - Crossbow Mag - HyperBlaster - Railgun - Vampire Gauntlets - DCLXVI Zeus - Black Widow (6 weapons)

Purple Tickets - Gamma Gun - Kronos XII - Vulcan - Crimson Hunter - oakraven X11 (5 weapons)

And filling up an inventory with Green Ticket items based on the new Tier probability settings weighted to higher levels still brings up more than enough lower Tiers, too many in fact based on the probability values... which may infer Vanilla requires a little tweaking as well. Overall, we shall see how this update fares for the extra variety and opportunity.

20210525122621_1.thumb.jpg.057793c36f1215004f2e58acd1a0d24f.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

I love this mod, and I would love to incorporate it into my darkness falls game. I am having an issue with some weapons not working when I try to add the progression for crafting. It just stays at level 1 crafting. This is mainly happening to weapons that don't have a lock behind them (such as the Vulcan, Newcomen, Black Widow, etc). Weapons such as Railgun, Thors Hammer, and so on do work. 

I have my progression xml created here. If you don't know much about Darkness Falls coding that's okay, I thought I would ask anyways.

I also have a couple of other questions. How would I go about making the weapons having attachments display? Like if I add a scope to the Railgun, it doesn't appear on the weapon, but I can still scope in.

This also leads me to ask how can I make attachments from other mods usable by these weapons? In Darkness Falls, the laser battery is suppose to be for Melee/Bows, but the Crossbow Mag can't equip it. What would I need to add to make this happen?

But other than the things I am asking for, the mod works for Darkness Falls. You will need to change the recipes for some weapons, as the parts don't exist in that mod.

10 hours ago, Werei said:

I love this mod, and I would love to incorporate it into my darkness falls game. I am having an issue with some weapons not working when I try to add the progression for crafting. It just stays at level 1 crafting. This is mainly happening to weapons that don't have a lock behind them (such as the Vulcan, Newcomen, Black Widow, etc). Weapons such as Railgun, Thors Hammer, and so on do work. 

I have my progression xml created here. If you don't know much about Darkness Falls coding that's okay, I thought I would ask anyways.

I also have a couple of other questions. How would I go about making the weapons having attachments display? Like if I add a scope to the Railgun, it doesn't appear on the weapon, but I can still scope in.

This also leads me to ask how can I make attachments from other mods usable by these weapons? In Darkness Falls, the laser battery is suppose to be for Melee/Bows, but the Crossbow Mag can't equip it. What would I need to add to make this happen?

But other than the things I am asking for, the mod works for Darkness Falls. You will need to change the recipes for some weapons, as the parts don't exist in that mod.

The unlocked weapons will require a little code to connect them to their skill. This is added to the items.xml. You'll see a few that were commented out because their progression did not exist and they can only work with both together. An example in items.xml is:

<property name="UnlockedBy" value="perkGunslinger,gunPistolSchematic"/>

As for the attachment mods being displayable, I expect looking at the item_modifiers will show some examples for weapons which do not natively support such mods to display and this customises the attachments specifically to their own size and placement.

To attach something like the laser battery to the Crossbow Mag, you can probably add the Darkness Falls mod to its tag line. The Crossbow Mag is this by default:

<property name="Tags" value="weapon,ranged,holdBreathAiming,reloadPenalty,sideAttachments,smallTopAttachments,mediumTopAttachments,attAgility,perkArchery,canHaveCosmetic,crossbowmag"/>

Adding ',LaserBattery' to that tag line may allow it to be attached depending on its name and mod attachment method.

Edited by arramus (see edit history)

11 hours ago, arramus said:

The unlocked weapons will require a little code to connect them to their skill. This is added to the items.xml. You'll see a few that were commented out because their progression did not exist and they can only work with both together. An example in items.xml is:

<property name="UnlockedBy" value="perkGunslinger,gunPistolSchematic"/>

As for the attachment mods being displayable, I expect looking at the item_modifiers will show some examples for weapons which do not natively support such mods to display and this customises the attachments specifically to their own size and placement.

To attach something like the laser battery to the Crossbow Mag, you can probably add the Darkness Falls mod to its tag line. The Crossbow Mag is this by default:

<property name="Tags" value="weapon,ranged,holdBreathAiming,reloadPenalty,sideAttachments,smallTopAttachments,mediumTopAttachments,attAgility,perkArchery,canHaveCosmetic,crossbowmag"/>

Adding ',LaserBattery' to that tag line may allow it to be attached depending on its name and mod attachment method.

Thank you for your reply! I appreciate the help. I think I can figure out the attachments and display from that, but I have having an issue with the crafting.

If you don't know the answer then that's totally fine, but when I do set an unlock to the weapons that don't normally have one, it still doesn't work. I don't know if it's something I am doing or what.  I just have no idea why these weapons just don't want to work. Here is proof that it has an unlock, but it doesn't scale correctly - or at all. Could it be because it wasn't setup properly, so I need to add something else?

I would like to add something that I just realized. It actually doesn't lock at all. So even though it says it requires that perk, and I don't have that perk, it's still unlocked for me. I think that could be the reason why it's not working properly.

Edited by Werei (see edit history)

25 minutes ago, Werei said:

Thank you for your reply! I appreciate the help. I think I can figure out the attachments and display from that, but I have having an issue with the crafting.

If you don't know the answer then that's totally fine, but when I do set an unlock to the weapons that don't normally have one, it still doesn't work. I don't know if it's something I am doing or what.  I just have no idea why these weapons just don't want to work. Here is proof that it has an unlock, but it doesn't scale correctly - or at all. Could it be because it wasn't setup properly, so I need to add something else?

I would like to add something that I just realized. It actually doesn't lock at all. So even though it says it requires that perk, and I don't have that perk, it's still unlocked for me. I think that could be the reason why it's not working properly.

As arramus was saying it requires that item property unlocked by code in the items.xml. It also has to have a pairing code in the progression.xml

that code would look something like this with the perk name swapped out to the right one, the level you want it unlocked at if not 5 changed to that number, and change the toolComputer to the weapon crafting recipe you want unlocked by that level of that perk. 

<append xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkAdvancedEngineering']">
		<effect_group>
			<passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="5" value="1" tags="toolComputer"/>
		</effect_group>
</append>

If you don't have a progression.xml in there, which i don't think there is if memory serves. Then you will need to make one and add that code with your changes. Repeat that code for each different weapon you want to add. 

Last step is you will need to go into the recipes.xml and make sure the recipe for the weapon has the tag "learnable" in it. Those three pieces together will lock it's crafting and unlock it when you get the perk you set it to at the right level. 

Hope that is helpful for you.

Edited by magejosh (see edit history)