Jump to content

Iron Man Competition - how to?


Recommended Posts

How to implement something like the following....ideas?

 

1) Insane Difficulty

2) Increases in difficulty with game stage (which largely only affects hordes and wandering hordes)

3) Every so often, amounts of zombies know your position and chase you down. Like a horde, but not endless waves. Something manageable.

4) Zombies are too powerful to base against. AI block damage to max?
5) Forces you to stay on the run, no permanent base. Maybe weapons caches?

The biggest hurdle, I think, is the horde night mechanic is perfect for the constantly being chased, but the horde is too overpowered to be chased-by early game.

How can there be a restriction on early hordes, if that mechanic is used?

But ideally I'd just want to get rid of the horde all together and have zombie packs just chase you down no matter where you are, like a horde, keeping you on the run day and night?


I don't want to game in a constant bloodmoon...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IDNeon said:

But ideally I'd just want to get rid of the horde all together and have zombie packs just chase you down no matter where you are, like a horde, keeping you on the run day and night?

For A20 there is something announced that would allow something like this.

 

Feral Sense Game Option

  • Set zombies to different states of awareness from dumb to feral

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IDNeon said:

How to implement something like the following....ideas?

 

1) Insane Difficulty

2) Increases in difficulty with game stage (which largely only affects hordes and wandering hordes)

3) Every so often, amounts of zombies know your position and chase you down. Like a horde, but not endless waves. Something manageable.

4) Zombies are too powerful to base against. AI block damage to max?
5) Forces you to stay on the run, no permanent base. Maybe weapons caches?

The biggest hurdle, I think, is the horde night mechanic is perfect for the constantly being chased, but the horde is too overpowered to be chased-by early game.

How can there be a restriction on early hordes, if that mechanic is used?

But ideally I'd just want to get rid of the horde all together and have zombie packs just chase you down no matter where you are, like a horde, keeping you on the run day and night?


I don't want to game in a constant bloodmoon...

That isn't possible in A19 with out mods and even then I doubt a mod exists that would do this. However in A20 it will be possible as they are adding a feral sense slider to control how well zombies can detect players. Which will go from dumber then now to full on horde mode gps that will allow every spawned in zombie to instantly know where your at all times.

 

Edited by Danidas (see edit history)
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Danidas said:

That isn't possible in A19 with out mods and even then I doubt a mod exists that would do this. However in A20 it will be possible as they are adding a feral sense slider to control how well zombies can detect players. Which will go from dumber then now to full on horde mode gps that will allow every spawned in zombie to instantly know where your at all times.

 

Wow thanks! That does sound perfect for an iron man competition.

Now I'm excited.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IDNeon said:

Wow thanks! That does sound perfect for an iron man competition.

Now I'm excited.

Yep, starting out you can set Feral Sense to really low and ramp it up as you go with each play session. Since you can change all the game settings before you load any saved game to up or reduce the challenge for each play session.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

You might be able to get pretty close in A19, if you're not averse to modding. I haven't actually tested this, but hey I'm the Idea Guy.

 

1) Set the default zombie template hearing distance to something insane like 100

2) Change the default zombie AI tasks so that "ApproachDistraction" is no longer in the list - no throwing rocks at them

3) Change the two numbers after EntityPlayer in this line (the see distance and hear distance) to 100:

   <property name="AITarget-4" value="SetNearestEntityAsTarget" data="class=EntityPlayer,0,0,EntityNPC,0,0"/>

4) Modify the wandering horde spawner so it fires off several times per day (may not be possible)

4a) Alternative: just increase biome spawns to 4x-10x so there are always tons of zombies around

5) Disable blood moons

 

That ought to cause several hordes each day which can see/hear you from 100m away, and lock onto you as a target. I think.

Edited by Boidster (see edit history)
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boidster said:

You might be able to get pretty close in A19, if you're not averse to modding. I haven't actually tested this, but hey I'm the Idea Guy.

 

1) Set the default zombie template hearing distance to something insane like 100

2) Change the default zombie AI tasks so that "ApproachDistraction" is no longer in the list - no throwing rocks at them

3) Change the two numbers after EntityPlayer in this line (the see distance and hear distance) to 100:

   <property name="AITarget-4" value="SetNearestEntityAsTarget" data="class=EntityPlayer,0,0,EntityNPC,0,0"/>

4) Modify the wandering horde spawner so it fires off several times per day (may not be possible)

4a) Alternative: just increase biome spawns to 4x-10x so there are always tons of zombies around

5) Disable blood moons

 

That ought to cause several hordes each day which can see/hear you from 100m away, and lock onto you as a target. I think.

I like these ideas :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...