A20 Developer Diary Discussions

Roland

22 hours ago, Roland said:

Giant Zombieboss: Cut from the game. Won't be included ever in this game.

The Bandits: Will not be in A20 but the player animations as well as the new models for the NPCs in A20 are all more steps towards bandits.

Flying Drone: Ready to go for A20. Won't be postponed again.

NPC system: If you're talking about reputation or the random encounter system then there is no word on when or if those systems are coming to this game at this point.

Pets/Followers: Replaced by the drone. The drone is the evolution of the pet/follower idea. There will not be other pets or followers in the vanilla game other than your faithful drone.

Survivor Rescues: No word on when or if such a feature will make it into this game. The stretch goals mention NPC characters (which could be fulfilled by bandits) and merchants.

Build NPC village: Most likely not happening for this game. This feature was mentioned as a dream feature by Madmole but is not listed in any of the original goals. What is listed is an NPC controlled safehouse.

There are lots of things the developers would love to do beyond the scope of their original goals that will become part of their next game. Their focus is on getting this game finished so they can achieve some of these dream features that couldn't quite make it for this game into the next one. 

If I recall when drones were first mentioned there was going to be ability to add a gun to it (along with a teddy bear head). I also thought later either in forum or in a dev stream that madmole mentioned that guns would no longer be able to be added and drones would be more a storage/healer companion. Could you, within the scope of what you are allowed, explain the role of the drone.

2 minutes ago, Roland said:

Storage/healer companion is a good description. Also, you can talk to it. If it talks back, please seek immediate mental health care. But, you CAN talk to it.

i talk to my gun and it talks to me....>

im just fine....

WHAT IF I WANT TO STRAP A PISTOL ON IT!

16 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

im just fine....

Shouting about wanting to strap a pistol on your gun is a whole different level of crazy...

43 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

im just fine....

26 minutes ago, Roland said:

Shouting about wanting to strap a pistol on your gun is a whole different level of crazy...

You both : be honest  , WE all know what we need the most... M5 half-truck with quad .50 call turret agains vultures. 4 HMG VS 1 ROTTING BIRD  . That's all what we are need .

Just now, Adam the Waster said:

I WILL RIDE THE VULTURES!

AND EAT THEIR EGGS! *Slurping sounds*

Exactly:  @faatal i heard some rumors that AA - gun like FLAK 41  will be boost selling of your game 15% because COH and HOI fans will buy 7dtd. I'm just saying...  no need to thanks for that

What on earth do we need a flak cannon for?

Against Vultures ofc . i don't understande why people thinking about new block shapes or POV when this !$#%^$@%#@$@ $@!#$$!@%# !#$$#%!@#$ !@$#$ $!#@ $%%#@% exist and we don't have properly weapons against them... or make a turret with 10 connected together smg or m60 O>O

13 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

You both : be honest  , WE all know what we need the most... M5 half-truck with quad .50 call turret agains vultures. 4 HMG VS 1 ROTTING BIRD  . That's all what we are need .

If we're going that way I'd rather a Duster or a Sgt. York. Buzzard vomit would blow right through the side of a halftrack.

More on topic with the thread intentions: @madmole is there a possibility that we could get a peak at how the vehicle tinting looks?

2 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

Against Vultures ofc . i don't understande why people thinking about new block shapes or POV when this !$#%^$@%#@$@ $@!#$$!@%# !#$$#%!@#$ !@$#$ $!#@ $%%#@% exist and we don't have properly weapons against them... or make a turret with 10 connected together smg or m60 O>O

Whats with people hating vultures! damn 

you just need to smack them or shoot them with ANY guns!

its not like your fighting the a Scorched beast from Fallout 69, you are fighting a small rotten vulture! 

its called a GUN!

you don't need a flak turret! for a Small vulture! Unless zombies start growing wings and turning into Demons, we don't really need a flak turret

Nope we need. You know - shotgun have not enough range , smg not enough magasine m60 to big recoil etc so we need it .  I found even good concept art for itspacer.png

1 minute ago, hiemfire said:

If we're going that way I'd rather a Duster or a Sgt. York. Buzzard vomit would blow right through the side of a halftrack.

More on topic with the thread intentions: @madmole is there a possibility that we could get a peak at how the vehicle tinting looks?

i hope its just not a "Tint" cuz that bugs me!

and Screw a Half track! i want to mod out a sedan to drive like a Dune buggy across the desert!  

or a Creepy van tank!

Whats with people hating vultures! damn 

you just need to smack them or shoot them with ANY guns!

its not like your fighting the a Scorched beast from Fallout 69, you are fighting a small rotten vulture! 

Yeah small... that's is a problem ! big zombie boss like a skyscraper with 1000 hp is easy target . But it is harder to kill something you just can't even hit!

i hope its just not a "Tint" cuz that bugs me!

and Screw a Half track! i want to mod out a sedan to drive like a Dune buggy across the desert!  

or a Creepy van tank!

HOW TO HIT A VULTURE WITH TANK!  or... i have idea ! TANK WITH FLAMMENWERER! UNTOTEN-UBERPANZER

Just now, Matt115 said:

Yeah small... that's is a problem ! big zombie boss like a skyscraper with 1000 hp is easy target . But it is harder to kill something you just can't even hit!

Just wait for them to fly down... and then shoot or beat them...

I hunt Vultures for feathers on day 1! 

if anything! CHICKENS SHOULD BE REMOVED!

#CHANGECHICKENTOTURKEY!

Just wait for them to fly down... and then shoot or beat them...

I hunt Vultures for feathers on day 1! 

if anything! CHICKENS SHOULD BE REMOVED!

#CHANGECHICKENTOTURKEY!

NOO CHICKENS ARE SOO CUTEE BETTER IDEA IS TO ADD PIGEONS too! 

Just now, Matt115 said:

HOW TO HIT A VULTURE WITH TANK!  or... i have idea ! TANK WITH FLAMMENWERER! UNTOTEN-UBERPANZER

i don't speak sausage and beer. 

but a Flamethrower would be nice....  

Just now, Matt115 said:

NOO CHICKENS ARE SOO CUTEE BETTER IDEA IS TO ADD PIGEONS too! 

Zombie pigeons :)

wtf have we done to the diary! sorry roland we will move to dev discussions! 

i don't speak sausage and beer. 

but a Flamethrower would be nice....  

Me too but everything in this language sounds creepy : butterfly = Schmettling . Yeez it sound like some creepy occult zombie aircraft