A20 Developer Diary Discussions

Roland

On 5/7/2021 at 12:41 PM, Adam the Waster said:

and the hunting rifle?

or is that getting the boot? 

I dont think they outright said anything but i think its getting the boot and the t1 rifle will be the lever action, which hopefully holds more shots than just 1.

The hunting rifle was pretty much on the same tier as pipe weapons like the blunderbuss, i cant imagine how they could make a downgrade from that weapon, i imagine the pipe rifle will function much the same as the hunting rifle currently does.

23 minutes ago, bloodmoth13 said:

I dont think they outright said anything but i think its getting the boot and the t1 rifle will be the lever action, which hopefully holds more shots than just 1.

The hunting rifle was pretty much on the same tier as pipe weapons like the blunderbuss, i cant imagine how they could make a downgrade from that weapon, i imagine the pipe rifle will function much the same as the hunting rifle currently does.

not really.

tier 0: i would see the Pipe rifle as the old Hunting rifle but it only has one shot and is made of pipes. 

tier 1: Hunting rifle. it would look the same as the classic one we have but it has a Small clip (3 shots) can get 5. and thats a right amount for a Deer rifle and it would still want players to get that over the pipe rifle.

tier 2: the Marksman rifle would be the lever action and it would have 8 shots. (think it will be neat if it shot 44.mag rounds)

tier 3 would be the Sniper it would have 15 and still deal high damage and can be Pimped out more, with stuff like a drum mag

Spoiler

how the would look in tiers
tier 0 (trash but it works)
DIY PVC Bolt-action Rifle : 8 Steps - Instructables
tier 1 (Classic deer rifle!)
8 Great .243 Winchester Rifles for Deer, Varmints and More
tier 2: (even better YeeeYahhhhh weapon!)
Henry Big Boy Color Case Hardened .44 Mag/.44 Spl Lever Action Rifle, Brown  - H012CC | Palmetto State Armory
tier 3: Military's grade sniper! 
7 Days to Die Official on Twitter: "Here is the new top tier sniper rifle  coming to Alpha 19! #7daystodie… "

though i will miss the AR-15 style 

1 minute ago, Adam the Waster said:

not really.

tier 0: i would see the Pipe rifle as the old Hunting rifle but it only has one shot and is made of pipes. 

tier 1: Hunting rifle. it would look the same as the classic one we have but it has a Small clip (3 shots) can get 5. and thats a right amount for a Deer rifle and it would still want players to get that over the pipe rifle.

tier 2: the Marksman rifle would be the lever action and it would have 8 shots. (think it will be neat if it shot 44.mag rounds)

tier 3 would be the Sniper it would have 15 and still deal high damage and can be Pimped out more, with stuff like a drum mag

Reveal hidden contents

Henry Big Boy Color Case Hardened .44 Mag/.44 Spl Lever Action Rifle, Brown  - H012CC | Palmetto State Armory
7 Days to Die Official on Twitter: "Here is the new top tier sniper rifle  coming to Alpha 19! #7daystodie… "

Also a little change for the Sniper so they can be used over say a AR. sense most people uses stuff like the TAR or AK as a sniper.

maybe the sniper will deal more damage the farther the target. so you could uses it as a closes range weapon but its better for long range

12 hours ago, ShellHead said:

Yeah, from a business perspective zombie kids aren’t just something you throw in for realism purposes or shock factor. It’s either critical to what the game is about or you don’t do it.

From a content perspective, you still have to have a reason to make kid zombies and “it’s logical” isn’t really sufficient. There are a thousand realistic elements you could put in to a zombie game and not even get to kid zombies. Everything is a trade off, so you have to decide if it’s actually something you’d be interested in adding.

Do they play well with the themes and concepts the rest of the game deals with?

Would they be appropriate for the tone and direction the game is taking?

Just throwing them in is a sure fire way to make them either short zombies or gritty for the sake of gritty, which is my whole point.

going back to the original question, 90% of the time kid zombies are even brought up is explicitly for shock factor and oftentimes realism is used as a cover for that kind of lurid pandering. Don’t get me wrong, i have no issues with kid zombies in games, i have issues with adding things that would logically have a great deal of thematic and emotional weight in for the sake of looking cool and edgy. Do it right or don’t do it, it’s not something you throw in just because you think it would be cool or more realistic.

Yeah i understand this point but it is problem in my opinion what it can be added without making it in diffrent setting : For example i love NaziZombie army 1 2 and trilogy : because "setting" - pentagrams with swastics hanging " diffrents" lookind dead soldiers corpses , heavy SS looks very "fitting" thats same suisider zombies ( fanatics soldiers) but i hated skeletons ( it just not fit for me - you realistic eqipment in bunkers models of venicle etc (and i know they are props from sniper elita))  you know dark evil setting . and it was okay. But i hate 4 as part of series because they change setting into 90' b movie - as single game it looks good - ironical like zombie sharks or creepy dolls but changed design of special zombies it suit into this game but not into the series of games. So zombie kids will suit in my opinon just like old zombie looking like jockey ( but i don't postulled to put into 7dtd because.. well it its in l4d2 so it would be plagiarism.) but if zombie grandpa looks like old farmer ( you know cotton shirt long beard)  can suits too  but @meganoth  old man zombie will be this another variant or type ? that's a big diffrent. But yeah it suited to add  zombie  like amishs , hobos or PMC - diffrent variant of normal zombie. But zombie child or teen is smaller but weaker so it can be put into another type like soldier feral ,demolition or   screamer. I made topic about diffrent variants and types . So old man go to normal civilian zombies and scientists ( diffrent loot) zombie teens into special type of zombies(or weak) ,Amish normal civilian zombie, hobo into normal civilian zombie (or weak it depends on his condtion) and PMC go into special as Soldier variant . So in my opinion 7DTD trying to be "walking dead game" - you can't trust no one , bandit , problems with resources world is buring itd. So it  suit just like decying zombie or realistic looking bandits ( i mean more like stalker than mad max). Emotional weight is well - 7dtd is more like rust and scum that  the last of us - you know tlou  emotions , relations with diffrent people etc but 7dtd or rust is more - build a base , get resources and elimante threat whatever it is -bandits ,zombies animals . I liked a idea from days gone -main character don't like to kill newts but he sometimes is forced to do it ( like in warehouse) or prefere to avoid big powerfull zombies . So it can  suited in 7dtd because it have days gone/walking dead setting

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

not really.

Hide contents

Also a little change for the Sniper so they can be used over say a AR. sense most people uses stuff like the TAR or AK as a sniper.

maybe the sniper will deal more damage the farther the target. so you could uses it as a closes range weapon but its better for long range

i wish they left AR as 3 tier  - " marksman" rifle and put  as 4 tier AMR 

Ok i will say my "zombie Types " in 7dtd (not every variant  just few  examples).  

Weak zombies : decaying zombies - almost no clothes , visible bones slow,  weak , small dmg and health ( i have a problem to put picture from walking dead)  - something like Crawler Zombie but with legs ( 3-4 variants - men women , burned like burn victim but without burn effect)

teen zombies : smaller that normal zombie  -16-17 yo and weaker dmg. few variants ( thirt and long jeans and sneakers boy and girl with diffrent wounds etc , barefoot fiber plant wild teens a little bit faster and spawn on farms, and forest biorm (and swamp if its added) , )  

Normal zombies : most comon civilians (diffrent ages and clothes) - doctors , bussinesmans, old man ,amish , more farmers types , departed womans etc ( but with more colours woods and clothes variants :

Fat zombies : there is a chance to be explode :  fat woman , fat coop ( but he have range attack too), fat oldman , drowned one( bigger dmg it looks like fat coop but blue/green skin and ragged clothes)

Tought zombies : have more hp - biker ( some of them have helmets- 20% less headshot dmg) , lumberjack ,bloated walker , strong man ( guy in top and shirt and tatoo)

Special zombies : unitility welder - zombie worker with welder maska - 90% less head shot dmg , Riot police( and prison police -grey variant ) 20%  less bullet dmg and 50% less melee dmg protection. Soldier (PMC - black , logos of corporation) zombie 40% less bullet dmg and 20 % less melee dmg protection, hazmat zombie ( radioactive dmg aura) , screamer ( diffrent clothes , faces , dirt) and spider zombies ( diffrent skin clothes - some of them looks like actual spider some of them like weak decaying zombie)

Boss zombies - feral wight ( but changed models similiar to volantile from dying light) ,  Taran - highter that wight and bigger mussle that strong man - ragged  shorts a lot of wounds and medical equpment and chainses ( more realtic mix of sacrifice tank from l4d1 and police zombie from house of the dead 3 - this one with mace) ,  demolisher - almost this same but slimer and looks more like 

Animal zombies : dog , wolfs , bears ( delete a vulture plis)

Uncommon zombies : civilian with backpack ( 100% chance for loot- junk stuff), hobo with backpack ( cans and hobo staw) , soldier with backpack ( 100% chance for military stuff) , stripper zombie - spawning only near bars and stipp clubs - 50% chance to drop 15-100 dollars , parachuchist ( 100% chance to drop - 1  molotow , pimpe bomb , first aid bandage or first aid kit - l4d2 reference ) , mayor zombie - zombie in expensive black suit - 100% (chance to drop 100 - 1000 old dollars) , geek zombie ( zombie with backpack with pins  thirt with cartoon logo and geek goggles ( 100% chance to drop books) , teen girl in long dirty sweatshirt  shorts and dirty bare feet (abby from let me in refrence 100% chance to drop blood ) , zombie hunter with backpack - leather jacket and leather pants ( 100% chance to dropp random crossbow - reference to WD and Classic G.J Joe backpack) , Special ops zombie- black military uniform and gasmask  good protection, a lot of  hp and 100% to drop nightvision and a lot of bullets ( re hunk reference)  and last one - guy from gas station with bandge Gary ( only respawning there - another re refrence) 100% to chance to drop 10 - 15% gas cans . 

If any one have ideas just put it on the list . I thinking it will suit to 7dtd @ShellHead and @meganoth what do you thinks? and what variants and types suits in your opinion

Most of those seem fine, might want to be careful of bloating the zombie types too much.

my issue with kid zombies is not how they would “realistically” fit in, it’s both that there are real world issues that adding them would cause and that there really isn’t a benefit to adding kid zombies into this game.

at best, they’d just be another generic zombie type that wouldn’t add a lot of flavor or mechanical interest while keeping 7D2D from being sold in a number of countries and at worst, they’d be boring edge factor that would interfere with the tone of the game and might actually turn people off of it. Days Gone and Dying Light have vastly different tones than 7D2D and so have different viable zombie types: zombie bears in DL would come across as silly and would detract from its plague-ridden aesthetic, high variety in mutations in DG would take away from the Walking Dead-style new world aesthetic. 7D2D has bits and pieces from all sorts of zombie and post-apocalyptic fiction but leans more on the Mad Max-style nuclear wasteland aesthetic, which doesn’t really gain from kid zombies because it’s not really talking about anything that kids would thematically represent (responsibility, the future, etc).

just because “realistically” kids would be around during a zombie apocalypse and would get turned like anyone else, doesn’t mean that portraying that would actually add anything to the work that say zombie rabbits wouldn’t while not causing issues with international law.

2 hours ago, ShellHead said:

Most of those seem fine, might want to be careful of bloating the zombie types too much.

my issue with kid zombies is not how they would “realistically” fit in, it’s both that there are real world issues that adding them would cause and that there really isn’t a benefit to adding kid zombies into this game.

at best, they’d just be another generic zombie type that wouldn’t add a lot of flavor or mechanical interest while keeping 7D2D from being sold in a number of countries and at worst, they’d be boring edge factor that would interfere with the tone of the game and might actually turn people off of it. Days Gone and Dying Light have vastly different tones than 7D2D and so have different viable zombie types: zombie bears in DL would come across as silly and would detract from its plague-ridden aesthetic, high variety in mutations in DG would take away from the Walking Dead-style new world aesthetic. 7D2D has bits and pieces from all sorts of zombie and post-apocalyptic fiction but leans more on the Mad Max-style nuclear wasteland aesthetic, which doesn’t really gain from kid zombies because it’s not really talking about anything that kids would thematically represent (responsibility, the future, etc).

just because “realistically” kids would be around during a zombie apocalypse and would get turned like anyone else, doesn’t mean that portraying that would actually add anything to the work that say zombie rabbits wouldn’t while not causing issues with international law.

i can't agree. I put them , 7dtd i more similiar to Days gone and Walking dead- because. it can sound funny but it is a lot of green, ofc you have nuclear destroyed places but it looks like more "dead city" , "lenningrad" or "hell" from painkiller that mad max - mad max be like - no cities, a lot of cars and stupid looking bandits, 7dtd looks something between resident evil raccon city , girl with all gifts and days gone . Well into 7DTD is rly hard to add interesting types of zombies. Because... well there is only two mutatations - fat coop and feral but they looks more viruse mutants that radioactive mutants . Do you playd in No more rooms in hells ? zombie kids there can make a dmg because they are smaller - like crawlers. And this argments "what it is represent) don't work for me. They are just another thing what trying to kill you - you knowe " he/she is not your wife/husband/brother/child anymore it is a zombie now" and a can agree Zombie bears won't suit in DL because.. this is something like turkey/iraq countru. So zombie tiger or lion will fit in my opinon in the following dlc ( or location like zoo) - you know they can climb being small and big claws.  Ofc 7dtd is sold in diffrent countries : you know l4d2 was censured by 12 years in germany, this same problem with Austrialia. But people from them if they wanted to play they are using VPN . In Poland a lot of people have they account resgirtered as USA because they coudn't play in bioshock 2 multiplayer. And i thing people don't care about that - days gone had newts and they get profit - they were controversion not because it have zombie children but this have this same or similiar with Cyberpunk 2077 - bugs, optimalisation , a small number of types of quest and too long story. And better games was launched it this period. They were necroforms babies ( i hate it but what i can do? Just shooting and wait for better enemies) in DS 2 etc and it causing issues with law because well in this countries probably is this game banned or censured ( you know cutting heads, blood etc) 

But a small diffrent ; i want to add 16-17 yo teens not 8-12 so i think it can be safe - we have cheeleader but a little bit younger ( she looks like 25-30) and diffrents clothes - just put girl which looks like Ellie from the last of us 2 as a zombie. It will be looking diffrent ( Ok almost this same high but weaker so we can put them into weak zombie ) that Departed woman but this not so  controversial right?

@ShellHead and @meganoth

AND SORRY FOR MY MISTAKE - CHILD IN POLISH CAN MEAN PERSON UNDER 18 YO I mean now more  to add something zombie  like ellie from tlou2 +-2 yo diffrence not zombies kid from no more room in hell XD

i was more referring to the tones and abstract aesthetics and themes, not that directly inspired.
Probably want to go visually about 18 to be safe, as it’s pretty universally considered adult and wouldn’t get any problems with distribution while still having the younger designs for visual variety.

i have played no more room in hell, and it’s a lot of fun, it’s getting a full sequel apparently.

i do get what you’re getting at and people are getting more supportive of darker themes in general but most portrayal of kids being hurt, both 16-17 and younger is generally left to the realm of outright horror or works that are considered fringe, so dealing with those darker themes has to be more of a considered decision, not just off the cuff.

I’m just not sure that going darker is a good move for TFP, but that’s up to them not me.

20 minutes ago, ShellHead said:

i was more referring to the tones and abstract aesthetics and themes, not that directly inspired.
Probably want to go visually about 18 to be safe, as it’s pretty universally considered adult and wouldn’t get any problems with distribution while still having the younger designs for visual variety.

i have played no more room in hell, and it’s a lot of fun, it’s getting a full sequel apparently.

i do get what you’re getting at and people are getting more supportive of darker themes in general but most portrayal of kids being hurt, both 16-17 and younger is generally left to the realm of outright horror or works that are considered fringe, so dealing with those darker themes has to be more of a considered decision, not just off the cuff.

I’m just not sure that going darker is a good move for TFP, but that’s up to them not me.

I mean my point is to create "logical" solution which can be "presented" to FTP : i know about enemies , lore and give inspirations about bulding. So i want to create a "immersive" and "intereseting" solutions how to do it like : people likes ds story telling so it is better  idea to put it in this that in stalker style for example. 7dtd is "trying" to have setting simmlar tlou - it is brutal and  dangerouse world but it have a endless spring- something like warhammer 40K - colurs space marines fighting with space elf and egiptian terminators and in this same time milions are torturing in name of black gods.  I  suppost this versions becouse new fat coop and  trader moddels give me falling it want to make it something like - there is nice weather - sun shining, deers running, rabbits eating grass and corpses roting on old forgotten road near painted on the wall   end is nea. Well  in my opion if TFP prefer make it "grimdark" zombie teens suits, if they want it make more "ark" nope . Just i wanted to get for them a confirmation what are they "setting targets" : days gone or rust . So if they first one - i can prepare a  my "dark" propositon put on topic, ask people about their ideas and when it will be complete " present" it more officaly and read to TFP . If they want  second one -   i can prepare a  my "lighter" propositon put on topic, ask people about their ideas and when it will be complete " present" it more officaly and read to TFP.  @MechanicalLens  for example what do you thing about this solution (you are pretty long on this forum so you will better know what TFP prefer)? So @ShellHead it now depends what they want - well  in my opinion making 7dtd dark is good because people want "good" walking dead game - fight to survive at all cost , not enought of rescources , some people want to help eachotche some of them are bandits who want to just get better stuff to survive another day. But i want to make it nazi zombie army - you know corpses everywhere and too much blood. 

Fair enough, i generally tend to prefer a game to be really story heavy if it’s going to go dark, otherwise it strikes me as doing it more for cool factor which i find dilutes the darker elements to being more window dressing, but splatterfests like NZA are loads of fun which could be very cool in 7D2D.

it’d be more dependent on the execution for me, if they had some ideas they really wanted to run with using darker stuff i’d be 100% down for it.

I'm gonna guess that flat area with the roads down in the wasteland, where an obvious city is going (Navezgane), is where the previously mentioned Duke will reside. 

Probably be a big wrecked casino along with other buildings (the booby trap 2...???)

8 hours ago, Wycked1999 said:

Would love to see more variation in zombies, even if it was like t-shirt coloration or clothing change. You know, for instance like the party girl zombie, make her have a red dress, black dress, green dress ect. maybe the one in the red dress is like super evil lol. Would love to see some better loot progression

Agreed. This would be a cool option to cheat all kinds of variety in the game as far as the zombies go. 

Hell they can even randomize the hair colors as well.

16 hours ago, Wycked1999 said:

Would love to see more variation in zombies, even if it was like t-shirt coloration or clothing change. You know, for instance like the party girl zombie, make her have a red dress, black dress, green dress ect. maybe the one in the red dress is like super evil lol. Would love to see some better loot progression

they tryed that before A long time ago when i was a little boy! and i never heard of 7DTD cuz i was eating dogfood and i was like 6 or something

but it would be nice. Hell just some extra zeds would be nice!

like a Zombie that is super rotten like the crawler but it walks, or a Armored survivor zombie, riot zombie, A full radioactive zombie (it takes the role of all rad zombies)  
EtFNK-9XIAUjs0w.thumb.png.c7160ff35fab1341a5e36ec1c50a052c.png
like this is one of my Rad zombie! 

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

8 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

If you can summarize with proper spelling and grammar I might attempt to read what you're trying to convey.

Yeah i know, i have some mental issues so i have some problems with words in every language - so my life looks like crossword. For example i was talking with my friends about animals and i forget a word "scales" and english and polish so i was forced  to use " lizard skin" stupid and anoying as hell. That's why i hate word "castle" because my brain sometimes doing it as : as casstle or casttle . So sorry for that but i'm trying but still is not orks from wh40k level 

Okay : so i have idea to present to TFP idea about new zombies variants and types -  but there is a problem. In your opinion TFP want to create setting more similiar to Days gone and resident evil 2 ( Green but destroyed and brutal world , rotting corpses everywhere , low rescources, zombies have "soft mutations" more like in l4d2 that in resident evil 6)  etc) or  to Rust or Ark ( light-tone survival but with zombies , not 100% serious like B-movie from 90') 

So in first option fit only "realistic " and more "gore " design ( i mean design like charger from l4d2 he have one leg bigger and another one is weaker to keep balance , splitter is not immune to her acid - she have burning scares , zombies have a lot of wounds like departed woman and some of them decaying

Types and variants :

Weak zombies : decaying zombies - almost no clothes , there have no skin in some places and most of them are decomposed  slow, they are weak , do  small dmg and  have small hp ( i have a problem to put pictures  from walking dead how they can look's like - ) - 3-4 variants - men women , burned like burn victim but without burning effect 

teen zombies : smaller that normal zombies (  this same height as screamer ) offten they are "playing" dead in long grass, bettwen cars etc and when living person are near they get up , they do a little  bit smaller  dmg that normal zombie but they are faster and more mobile - they  can climbing on walls but slower that zombie spider  - they are in age of ellie from tlou 2   few variants ( thirt and long jeans and sneakers boy and girl with diffrent wounds etc , barefoot fiber plant wild teens are little bit faster that typical but have this same hp as weak zombies -  and can spawn on farms, and forest biorm (and swamp if its added) , )  

Normal zombies : most common zombies - civilians like  doctors , bussinesmans, old man ,amishes , more types of farmer zombie , departed womans etc  (diffrent ages and clothes , wounds and dirt (for example some of them have mud of their clothes or blood)) - variants are randomised  like in L4D2 or dead rising 3 and 4) 

Fat zombies : there is a chance to explode  after death :  fat woman , fat coop ( but he have range attack too), fat oldman , drowned one( bigger dmg when explode  it looks like fat coop but blue/green skin and ragged clothes)

Tought zombies : have more hp - biker ( some of them have helmets- 20% less headshot dmg) , lumberjack ,bloated walker , strong man ( guy in top and shirt and tatoo) , 

Armored zombies - they are protected some of them have hp like normals zombie and some of them like tought zombies : unitility welder - zombie worker with welder mask - 90% less head shot dmg , Riot police( and prison police -grey variant ) 20%  less bullet dmg and 50% less melee dmg protection. Soldier (PMC - black , logos of corporation) zombie 40% less bullet dmg and 20 % less melee dmg protection, zombie bandits dmg 20%- 50% protections ( depends on armor variant)  

Special zombies hazmat zombies -radioactive dmg aura ( some of them have complete suit with broken glass only and some of them are heavy damaged , screamer- no changes ( diffrent clothes , faces , dirt) , spider zombies with small change they are faster and can climb even higter, they can climbing too but they using it only when a wall is 5-6 block hight and they spawning on wall in dark POI - they fall from above when human are nearby  ( diffrent clothes - some of them looks like actual spider some of them like weak decaying zombie) , infector -zombie looking as pacient they have a range attack like cop zombie but it deal small dmg but have 50% chance to infect.

Boss zombies - feral wight ( but changed models similiar to volantile from dying light) ,  Taran - highter that wight and bigger mussle that strong man - ragged  shorts ,a lot of wounds and medical equpment and chains ( more realtic mix of sacrifice tank from l4d1 and goon from DL  ,  demolisher - slimer that actual version and looks more like HECU enginer from hl opposing forces - they wear black version of zombie soldier unifrom and have heavy backpack 

Uncommon zombies - they  are zombies from other groups  but they have guaranteed loot 

stripper zombie - respawning near strip club and bars - (drop  10- 100 old dollars)

Zombie mayor - guy in shining black suit  (drop 100 -1000 old dollars)

Geek zombie - zombie with backpack with geek pins , thirt with cartoon logo and geek gogles (  drop books) 

"vampire" zombie - teen wih blood on mouth,  long dirty sweatshirt  shorts and dirty bare feet ( refrence to abby from "let me in"  - drop blood )

zombie hunter with backpack - leather jacket and leather pants (  drop random crossbow - reference to WD and Classic G.J Joe backpack) 

Special ops zombie- black military uniform and gasmask,   good protection,  a lot of hp ( drop nightvision and a lot of bullets ( re hunk reference)

Guy from gas station with bandge Gary ( only respawning there - another re refrence) 1 to drop 10 - 15 gas cans  

Parachuchist (  drop - 1  molotow , pimpe bomb , first aid bandage or first aid kit - l4d2 reference )

Zombie biker in leather jacket - ( drop a club mods - negan from WD refrence)

Zombie pilot in red hawaii shirt  (  drop a gyrocopter schematic - l4d1 refrence)  

Lucky Billy - looks like rich guy from texas - (drop 1000 - 2500 tokens)

Zombies with backpack - Civilian ( drop a random stuff like parts, acid tools etc) , hobo - ( drop a cans, scrap iron, bones , rotten flesh and hobo stew) , survivor -  leather armor , bandages on hands etc - ( drop iron and sometimes steel tools and weapons) , military ( drop a guns and bullets ) , medic soldier - zombie with white helmet ( drop medical stuff ). 

And this is " darker" variant 

Now a second "light" variant :

Normal zombie - just more variants. 

Fat ,armored and Tought this same as above , no weak and teen zombies , special and boss zombie get new types (below) uncommon without "vampire"  type

Special zombies : Zombie lumberjack with axe in his hand, zombie heavy worker - zombie with rebar , Shooter zombie - zombie cop with gun inaccurate that  bandits but still dangerous , zombie creep - it looks like fat zombie in clown suit - when he see you he start to run and explode nearby dealing toxic dmg. Bony - zombie without hands - he have sharp bones and deal a big dmg and make a bleeding.

Zombie bosses - zombie butcher - zombie with two big machetes , Gigant zombie - it look like gigant zombie from Resident evil 4

@MechanicalLens what do you thinking about this propositions? 

1 minute ago, Matt115 said:

Yeah i know, i have some mental issues so i have some problems with words in every language - so my life looks like crossword. For example i was talking with my friends about animals and i forget a word "scales" and english and polish so i was forced  to use " lizard skin" stupid and anoying as hell. That's why i hate word "castle" because my brain sometimes doing it as : as casstle or casttle . So sorry for that but i'm trying but still is not orks from wh40k level 

Okay : so i have idea to present to TFP idea about new zombies variants and types -  but there is a problem. In your opinion TFP want to create setting more similiar to Days gone and resident evil 2 ( Green but destroyed and brutal world , rotting corpses everywhere , low rescources, zombies have "soft mutations" more like in l4d2 that in resident evil 6)  etc) or  to Rust or Ark ( light-tone survival but with zombies , not 100% serious like B-movie from 90') 

So in first option fit only "realistic " and more "gore " design ( i mean design like charger from l4d2 he have one leg bigger and another one is weaker to keep balance , splitter is not immune to her acid - she have burning scares , zombies have a lot of wounds like departed woman and some of them decaying

Types and variants :

Weak zombies : decaying zombies - almost no clothes , there have no skin in some places and most of them are decomposed  slow, they are weak , do  small dmg and  have small hp ( i have a problem to put pictures  from walking dead how they can look's like - ) - 3-4 variants - men women , burned like burn victim but without burning effect 

teen zombies : smaller that normal zombies (  this same height as screamer ) offten they are "playing" dead in long grass, bettwen cars etc and when living person are near they get up , they do a little  bit smaller  dmg that normal zombie but they are faster and more mobile - they  can climbing on walls but slower that zombie spider  - they are in age of ellie from tlou 2   few variants ( thirt and long jeans and sneakers boy and girl with diffrent wounds etc , barefoot fiber plant wild teens are little bit faster that typical but have this same hp as weak zombies -  and can spawn on farms, and forest biorm (and swamp if its added) , )  

Normal zombies : most common zombies - civilians like  doctors , bussinesmans, old man ,amishes , more types of farmer zombie , departed womans etc  (diffrent ages and clothes , wounds and dirt (for example some of them have mud of their clothes or blood)) - variants are randomised  like in L4D2 or dead rising 3 and 4) 

Fat zombies : there is a chance to explode  after death :  fat woman , fat coop ( but he have range attack too), fat oldman , drowned one( bigger dmg when explode  it looks like fat coop but blue/green skin and ragged clothes)

Tought zombies : have more hp - biker ( some of them have helmets- 20% less headshot dmg) , lumberjack ,bloated walker , strong man ( guy in top and shirt and tatoo) , 

Armored zombies - they are protected some of them have hp like normals zombie and some of them like tought zombies : unitility welder - zombie worker with welder mask - 90% less head shot dmg , Riot police( and prison police -grey variant ) 20%  less bullet dmg and 50% less melee dmg protection. Soldier (PMC - black , logos of corporation) zombie 40% less bullet dmg and 20 % less melee dmg protection, zombie bandits dmg 20%- 50% protections ( depends on armor variant)  

Special zombies hazmat zombies -radioactive dmg aura ( some of them have complete suit with broken glass only and some of them are heavy damaged , screamer- no changes ( diffrent clothes , faces , dirt) , spider zombies with small change they are faster and can climb even higter, they can climbing too but they using it only when a wall is 5-6 block hight and they spawning on wall in dark POI - they fall from above when human are nearby  ( diffrent clothes - some of them looks like actual spider some of them like weak decaying zombie) , infector -zombie looking as pacient they have a range attack like cop zombie but it deal small dmg but have 50% chance to infect.

Boss zombies - feral wight ( but changed models similiar to volantile from dying light) ,  Taran - highter that wight and bigger mussle that strong man - ragged  shorts ,a lot of wounds and medical equpment and chains ( more realtic mix of sacrifice tank from l4d1 and goon from DL  ,  demolisher - slimer that actual version and looks more like HECU enginer from hl opposing forces - they wear black version of zombie soldier unifrom and have heavy backpack 

Uncommon zombies - they  are zombies from other groups  but they have guaranteed loot 

stripper zombie - respawning near strip club and bars - (drop  10- 100 old dollars)

Zombie mayor - guy in shining black suit  (drop 100 -1000 old dollars)

Geek zombie - zombie with backpack with geek pins , thirt with cartoon logo and geek gogles (  drop books) 

"vampire" zombie - teen wih blood on mouth,  long dirty sweatshirt  shorts and dirty bare feet ( refrence to abby from "let me in"  - drop blood )

zombie hunter with backpack - leather jacket and leather pants (  drop random crossbow - reference to WD and Classic G.J Joe backpack) 

Special ops zombie- black military uniform and gasmask,   good protection,  a lot of hp ( drop nightvision and a lot of bullets ( re hunk reference)

Guy from gas station with bandge Gary ( only respawning there - another re refrence) 1 to drop 10 - 15 gas cans  

Parachuchist (  drop - 1  molotow , pimpe bomb , first aid bandage or first aid kit - l4d2 reference )

Zombie biker in leather jacket - ( drop a club mods - negan from WD refrence)

Zombie pilot in red hawaii shirt  (  drop a gyrocopter schematic - l4d1 refrence)  

Lucky Billy - looks like rich guy from texas - (drop 1000 - 2500 tokens)

Zombies with backpack - Civilian ( drop a random stuff like parts, acid tools etc) , hobo - ( drop a cans, scrap iron, bones , rotten flesh and hobo stew) , survivor -  leather armor , bandages on hands etc - ( drop iron and sometimes steel tools and weapons) , military ( drop a guns and bullets ) , medic soldier - zombie with white helmet ( drop medical stuff ). 

And this is " darker" variant 

Now a second "light" variant :

Normal zombie - just more variants. 

Fat ,armored and Tought this same as above , no weak and teen zombies , special and boss zombie get new types (below) uncommon without "vampire"  type

Special zombies : Zombie lumberjack with axe in his hand, zombie heavy worker - zombie with rebar , Shooter zombie - zombie cop with gun inaccurate that  bandits but still dangerous , zombie creep - it looks like fat zombie in clown suit - when he see you he start to run and explode nearby dealing toxic dmg. Bony - zombie without hands - he have sharp bones and deal a big dmg and make a bleeding.

Zombie bosses - zombie butcher - zombie with two big machetes , Gigant zombie - it look like gigant zombie from Resident evil 4

@MechanicalLens what do you thinking about this propositions? 

All would work alright as mods. Over and out.

11 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

All would work alright as mods. Over and out.

I can't agree , there is not enough variants in "Vanillia" version and what is a problem in my opinion with mods - like in l4d2 most custom model of enemies are added for fun. I found a "lore friendly" 2 weaks ago - new hunters , chargers, witch variants - in the past i was founding only stupid ones - shrek tank , witch with well "toy " or dorito boomer minecraft zombie or cod zombie. Now they add a more "lore friendly" like more types of workers , new zombie soldiers prisoners etc. You know what i mean. And yeah everything can works alright as mods but it doesn't mean it shoudn't be in clean game. 

@ShellHead what do you thinking about this proposition?

On 5/7/2021 at 2:41 AM, Adam the Waster said:

and the hunting rifle?

or is that getting the boot? 

I really hope not! There is no reason why those weapons can't co-exist, and It's not like there is an overabundance of weaponry in the game. As long as the quality is acceptable I'd say 'the more the merrier'! 

5 minutes ago, elektrohund said:

I really hope not! There is no reason why those weapons can't co-exist, and It's not like there is an overabundance of weaponry in the game. As long as the quality is acceptable I'd say 'the more the merrier'! 

i think the hunting rifle can be reused as a Bolt action deer rifle. that has 3 shots. rather then one!

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

• Crater Creator changed the title to A20 Developer Diary Discussions
  • Roland unpinned this topic