"Kinyajuu does not like to communicate - he is closed."

"Kinyajuu he doesn't know the language - he only writes in c#."

"Kinyajuu lost his account password."

"We have banned Kinyajuu."

"Kinyajuu chained to the battery."

"Kinyajuu is on vacation now."

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

12 minutes ago, n2n1 said:

So what? You seem to be busy, too?... but you have time to write. You even had time to "answer" my question...

The reason why they don't allow kinyajuu to reply on the forum is simple.

This is faatal reading and replying to questions: :ranger: ... :nerd:... :typing:

This is kinyajuu reading and replying to questions: :ranger: ... :kev: ... :frusty: ... :smash: 

:heh: /jk

3 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

This is faatal reading and replying to questions: :ranger: ... :nerd:... :typing:

This is kinyaaju reading and replying to questions: :ranger: ... :kev: ... :frusty: ... :smash:

You're not completely wrong. =P

20 hours ago, Urban Blackbear said:

After playing with random generated maps for a weekend and exploring everyone I rolled I've come to the conclusion that certain POIs are weighted too heavily. For instance churches. Every town I come across seems to have multiple. I also have a map with 3 Shamway factories all in a 4x4 block city. I have yet to find a city without one yet it took me three cities to find a single bookstore.

Well this have sense : in my contry you can find  small city with 3 supermarket and  almost any diffrent shop so... or small village with 2 small shops and 3 big factories and something between fort and church

18 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

oh COME ON!

5 in a small town! 

Came to Poland and you will see a rly strange things like : working airport without passagers , roads to nowhere or rly good asphalt road with led lamps etc in forest . Or 10 benches( i'm not joking , it was even in local newspaper)  near rly bad road nowhere but there isn't any in logical places like park . Or flat with only ground floor ( yeah it is still flat because of reasons ). Rly it was looking like created in broken random world generator 

2 hours ago, Crater Creator said:

You mean like, 'on this lot for house_burnt_05, choose a random garage to go in this spot' and 'within this instance of cabin_09, fill this 4x3x4 volume with any pre-made bathroom interior with the right dimensions?'  Because if that's what you mean, you've really pumped up my excitement for A20. :love:

Or something like : for example : airport  POI can have on 1 airstrip  military outpost POI. Another this same airport POI can have bandit camp etc . Or " connected POI"  like : collapsed car tunell is 1 POI and can be  found somewhere or can be conected with military outpost POI ( something like  -----MP-- tunel) . Or  bridge with railroad tracks are one POI , but it can be another POI on it " abadoned train" and this same train you can find dunno on desert for example. Some combinations can have sens  

35 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

Well this have sense : in my contry you can find  small city with 3 supermarket and  almost any diffrent shop so... or small village with 2 small shops and 3 big factories and something between fort and church

Came to Poland and you will see a rly strange things like : working airport without passagers , roads to nowhere or rly good asphalt road with led lamps etc in forest . Or 10 benches( i'm not joking , it was even in local newspaper)  near rly bad road nowhere but there isn't any in logical places like park . Or flat with only ground floor ( yeah it is still flat because of reasons ). Rly it was looking like created in broken random world generator 

whats wrong with people!

22 minutes ago, meganoth said:

You dropped quite a bomb there.

It would allow T5s where you don't know where the loot room is, or where a safe passage from an earlier playthrough or quest is suddenly a trap-filled hell-hole.  And like a labyrinth with movable walls you might find yourself going totally different paths through a poi

Lots of work for the poi designers, but this is possibly a monumental change for us long-time players

That would be awesome feature, especially when it is paired with random enemy spawning too inside the POI. Like no zombie spawned where you have some sleepers before or they spawn somewhere else. It can be the same POI, but every visit feels a bit different playthrough.

23 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

whats wrong with people!

Well this is very... logical you know mayor' brother is selling benches so city buying benches for 1,5x normal price XD someone get money so who cares. That's why we are in s...t 

1 hour ago, meganoth said:

Lots of work for the poi designers, but this is possibly a monumental change for us long-time players

Yeah... I could see this making POI creation faster, too, with preconfigured parts assembled to make whole, larger POIs.

Now if they could get it so you could place one POI inside another inside the XML for world generation...  Especially if they added some randomness so you could have an insane level of variability.

2 hours ago, SnowDog1942 said:

My huge what?

Do not break the table with it again. 

2 hours ago, meganoth said:

You dropped quite a bomb there.

It would allow T5s where you don't know where the loot room is, or where a safe passage from an earlier playthrough or quest is suddenly a trap-filled hell-hole.  And like a labyrinth with movable walls you might find yourself going totally different paths through a poi

Sounds like in The Cube movies, THIS is awesome ! 

6 hours ago, beerfly said:

Do not break the table with it again. 

Sounds like in The Cube movies, THIS is awesome ! 

Yeez rly  can just some convince TFP to add strip club named snowdog? Rly he is our comunity meme . This is nothing wrong but this some type of  "well know member" like Afii from quake 3 arena

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Adam the Waster said:

So is it that makeshift lever action we saw?

or is it more of a Modern version? 

10 of the Best Lever Action Rifles Manufactured Today

modern version looks like a toy gun rly  few years ago my uncle bought simlar toy gun on festine .Yeez or "modern" tommy gun. It should be banned. btw what's go wrong after 2000 and 90% of modern guns looks like : everyone doing this same gun but little diffrent to avoid being suited XD rly what's go so wrong. Or even worst = "systems" so you have smg, bullbub LMG , sniper rifle  and assult using this same base . This so annoying

1 hour ago, Matt115 said:

modern version looks like a toy gun rly  few years ago my uncle bought simlar toy gun on festine .Yeez or "modern" tommy gun. It should be banned. btw what's go wrong after 2000 and 90% of modern guns looks like : everyone doing this same gun but little diffrent to avoid being suited XD rly what's go so wrong. Or even worst = "systems" so you have smg, bullbub LMG , sniper rifle  and assult using this same base . This so annoying

im not going into the gun ban thing cuz that will causes a Forum war but!

not all, it depends on the gun maker. Like some Modern Level actions have Polly stocks, metal rails, all metal etc. but some make there look like old ones but with better items.

i was hoping the Marksman rifle would look like a AR15 sense they are simi auto and they fit well for a Marksman rifle. Maybe it would have a wooden stock, long barrel port, AR Iron sights, and some tape wrapped around it. but a Lever action is cool too!

i wonder what primitive Sniper is? i don't think its that level action because then the OG hunting rifle would have no role. 
the Pipe rifle should basically be a long tube with a stock, Bolt, Iron sights and a Front grip, it would have ONE shot like the old hunting rifle. 

while the Hunting rifle would have 3 rounds and would have a clip on the bottom. the scope would be placed near the bolt like a real rifle sense you don't need to load it via the Bolt. it would be a Classic deer rifle. 

and what about the pipe AR?

On 5/3/2021 at 4:46 PM, bobba313 said:

Hey, Are you guys planning to implement something so that we can increase FoV over the 85 mark? Since i can't do that anymore.... 7DTD is one of the best games out there and it's so sad since i can't play it anymore due to Motion Sickness. Prior patches i could increase it and play but not anymore which makes me sad....

All the best!

I like to run my fov high because of motion messing with my eyes so I would like to see that back as well.

8 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

I like to run my fov high because of motion messing with my eyes so I would like to see that back as well.

I'm always a big fan of more options when it comes to in-game graphics etc. I never ever liked low FOV, but 7DTD on my Ultrawide monitor looks georgeous with any FOV. I think that FOV 85 is more than enough for my needs but if higher FOV would make someone stay and play the game then why not, idk the Unity constraints in this matter. 

I would also add some explanation in-game menus when it comes to the impact of certain graphical changes. Such a feature would explain briefly the function and impact on the frame rate (low, medium, high). Players could finally understand why their performance is heavily taxed let's say with Texture Filter at High, not everyone reads the forum or experiments with settings to find out such things.

2 hours ago, TWORDY said:

I would also add some explanation in-game menus when it comes to the impact of certain graphical changes. Such a feature would explain briefly the function and impact on the frame rate (low, medium, high). Players could finally understand why their performance is heavily taxed let's say with Texture Filter at High, not everyone reads the forum or experiments with settings to find out such things.

There are already tooltips that do exactly that when you hover the cursor over an option.

• Crater Creator changed the title to A20 Developer Diary Discussions
  • Roland unpinned this topic