A20 Developer Diary Discussions

Roland

4 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Just go ahead and plant about 400+ trees (spawned in from the creative menu) in one general area and check your FPS afterwards. Especially for lower end PC's, the results would be quite drastic.

Just because they can do it doesn't mean they should.

That's because their trees are 7000 odd tri's, and their vision..

Certainly can be done. I did so for A18...

alpine1.JPG

pine.JPG

5 hours ago, Blake_ said:

@faatal I know this is not exactly your department, yet I wanted to ask, do you know if road signs/paint, sidewalks, Street lights and stuff like that is going to be in RWG for a20 or is it just Navezgane at the moment?

According to the Twister post it IS in RWG already. :biggrin1:

48 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

According to the Twister post it IS in RWG already. :biggrin1:

Idk. It says "a ton of updated and new environment art and a brand-new Random World Generation Algorithm". It doesn't specifically imply inclusion or exclusion of groins in the twister rules. I learned not to asume nor bend the bladder for such statements until properly confirmed.

1 hour ago, bachgaman said:

@faatal please let me address you as a member of the team

I've long wanted to pay attention to the opening sound of the drawer (green box built-in wall), I really like using them as storage for my supplies, but they have very loud annoying repetitive sound. They look very cool, it's much better than boxes

Speaking of a little more about sound, I agree that disgusting noise from a drill/benzaw can be considered a fee for their use, but maybe is it possible to add headphones for the eyes slot, for example, to drown out this noise? Or just make it less disgusting

Sounds are only disgusting when playing on insane nightmare so...

j/k bachy!!! XD

2 hours ago, bachgaman said:

Speaking of a little more about sound, I agree that disgusting noise from a drill/benzaw can be considered a fee for their use, but maybe is it possible to add headphones for the eyes slot, for example, to drown out this noise? Or just make it less disgusting

I see.

eh.png

2 hours ago, Roland said:

Sounds are only disgusting when playing on insane nightmare so...

j/k bachy!!! XD

You’re right in part because on hard difficult you have to make the sound louder to hear zombies approaching. If you're relaxing at the easiest difficulty, you can play without sound at all

11 minutes ago, bachgaman said:

You’re right in part because on hard difficult you have to make the sound louder to hear zombies approaching. If you're relaxing at the easiest difficulty, you can play without sound at all

This is how I play the easiest setting. 

11BBA9C0-70B1-4707-A5A6-051FA90A4929.gif

1 minute ago, FinnTheHooman said:

Is there any date of release yet? i mean it will in few moths or somthing? sorry if this question comes often its just too much pages to read :d

There has been no release date posted for A20. A19.5 will be released before A20 and that release was mentioned to be ‘soon’.

6 hours ago, bachgaman said:

There is no ears slot

Glasses are also put on the ears, so it's better to use an eye slot than any other one. Besides, it's an auxiliary slot, not an armor slot

If you crouch (sneaky mode) the sound from most tasks gets muffled. Unknown if it also works with containers.

56 minutes ago, Blake_ said:

If you crouch (sneaky mode) the sound from most tasks gets muffled. Unknown if it also works with containers.

Nice tip, but i use it for my warehouse, usually have about 14-16 drawers

Do you suggest I have to sneak in my own base?

2 hours ago, meganoth said:

Snowdog, you hear that? We get a feature from Conan !!!

Oh, you just had to go there.........

8 hours ago, bachgaman said:

Nice tip, but i use it for my warehouse, usually have about 14-16 drawers

Do you suggest I have to sneak in my own base?

I do, and I gripe at my buddies when they don't crouch as well.  I haven't gone so far as to make the stairs up where you have to crouch to get through.... yet....  But I've thought about it.

16 hours ago, FinnTheHooman said:

Is there any date of release yet? i mean it will in few moths or somthing? sorry if this question comes often its just too much pages to read :d

Faster that HL3 for sure 

• Crater Creator changed the title to A20 Developer Diary Discussions
  • Roland unpinned this topic