A20 Developer Diary Discussions

Roland

6 hours ago, ANDRES said:

Just try NOT to inflate it and stick to less frequent updates

Reveal hidden contents

Essayez simplement de ne PAS le gonfler et de vous en tenir à des mises à jour moins fréquentes  

--------------------------------

Please post in english.

Actually, I'd love if they'd update it as soon as the pipe weapons are working, then another one when the biome/loot update is done and a final one when the RWG is tweaked (or whatever order they come in). To me, those 3 updates are game changing enough to warrant a patch by themselves. 

Right now, my single player playthrough is at a point where I'm pretty comfortable (day in the 40s) and haven't really felt the need/urge to play it or start over. My multiplayer is on pause due to my brother being away and unable to play the game right now.

Not sure I'll play again before A20.

34 minutes ago, Treb said:

Actually, I'd love if they'd update it as soon as the pipe weapons are working, then another one when the biome/loot update is done and a final one when the RWG is tweaked (or whatever order they come in). To me, those 3 updates are game changing enough to warrant a patch by themselves. 

Right now, my single player playthrough is at a point where I'm pretty comfortable (day in the 40s) and haven't really felt the need/urge to play it or start over. My multiplayer is on pause due to my brother being away and unable to play the game right now.

Not sure I'll play again before A20.

Pipe weapon? game changing?  so for a few days early on I use a pipe pistol or whatever it is instead of a bow or blunderbluss?  whoop dee doo.

32 minutes ago, SnowDog1942 said:

Pipe weapon? game changing?  so for a few days early on I use a pipe pistol or whatever it is instead of a bow or blunderbluss?  whoop dee doo.

Enable people going towards rifle and pistol to have an early weapon. Also removes the weird blunderbuss (will always have a place in my heart though for the 3+ blunderbuss strat) from the game.

To me it's significant and interesting. Early days are the most stressing days outside of blood moons. We can agree to disagree.

Just now, Treb said:

Enable people going towards rifle and pistol to have an early weapon. Also removes the weird blunderbuss (will always have a place in my heart though for the 3+ blunderbuss strat) from the game.

To me it's significant and interesting. Early days are the most stressing days outside of blood moons. We can agree to disagree.

What if I disagree to disagree?

48 minutes ago, Promethean Winchester said:

Honestly, I just want [...big wall of text...] stress in high peaks.

Sorry my dear Sir, but I don't get the point of your textwall.

Are you complaining about the game being too hard in...well the hardest mode, not allowing you to use the same attack tactics over and over again against every single entity?

Couldn't it be indented that it doesn't work that way? Or said otherwise: wouldn't it be the definition of easy/boring if it would work like that?

21 minutes ago, meilodasreh said:

Sorry my dear Sir, but I don't get the point of your textwall.

Are you complaining about the game being too hard in...well the hardest mode, not allowing you to use the same attack tactics over and over again against every single entity?

Couldn't it be indented that it doesn't work that way? Or said otherwise: wouldn't it be the definition of easy/boring if it would work like that?

I only outlined 3 concerns: My beloved College Jacket, a single zombie flinch animation negatively effecting combat realism and immersion, and the overpowered nature of Oh Shiz Drops. With those being my three chief concerns, I spent some time fully describing my stances on each topic. Most concerning is the Oh Shiz Drops, which trivialize the difficulty of grander POI's, enabling you to just jump off a roof if there's two irradiated zeds too many. I value and appreciate Oh Shiz Drops and would hate to see them removed, but I also see why they would perhaps be best off removed. Just sharing that insight with the devs. The college jacket, I can live without it, but having an alternative to boost my movement speed in A20 to some capacity would be welcomed warmly. Lastly, the flinching animation where a zombie grabs his face, and picks up more speed, closing the gap between the player, seems a tad unrealistic and immersion-breaking. Perhaps could do with some tweaking. The chief mistake you made, meilodasreh, was assuming that post was for you rather than for the devs. It's not like you can address my concerns. Try reading novels more, it's good for your mind, and the result of reading more will be that you will no longer cower at the sight of many words in paragraph format. It comes across as uncivilized, that you're unwilling to read. You don't want people to think you're an illiterate troglodyte. 

Edited by Promethean Winchester (see edit history)

27 minutes ago, Promethean Winchester said:

I only outlined 3 concerns: My beloved College Jacket, a single zombie flinch animation negatively effecting combat realism and immersion, and the overpowered nature of Oh Shiz Drops. With those being my three chief concerns, I spent some time fully describing my stances on each topic. Most concerning is the Oh Shiz Drops, which trivialize the difficulty of grander POI's, enabling you to just jump off a roof if there's two irradiated zeds too many. I value and appreciate Oh Shiz Drops and would hate to see them removed, but I also see why they would perhaps be best off removed. Just sharing that insight with the devs. The college jacket, I can live without it, but having an alternative to boost my movement speed in A20 to some capacity would be welcomed warmly. Lastly, the flinching animation where a zombie grabs his face, and picks up more speed, closing the gap between the player, seems a tad unrealistic and immersion-breaking. Perhaps could do with some tweaking. The chief mistake you made, meilodasreh, was assuming that post was for you rather than for the devs. It's not like you can address my concerns. Try reading novels more, it's good for your mind, and the result of reading more will be that you will no longer cower at the sight of many words in paragraph format. It comes across as uncivilized, that you're unwilling to read. You don't want people to think you're an illiterate troglodyte. 

Wow I don't even know what did start you off to snap at me, sorry anyways.

The college jacket will be gone that's pretty sure, but we might get an "armor set" that will increase running speed i guess.

17 minutes ago, meilodasreh said:

The college jacket will be gone that's pretty sure, but we might get an "armor set" that will increase running speed i guess.

Yeee, or the college jacket will be part of one of the sets with the baseball cap and what not. 

Hopefully they will give us more information about some of the new sets.  It is one of the things I am most interested in. 

3 minutes ago, pregnable said:

Yeee, or the college jacket will be part of one of the sets with the baseball cap and what not. 

Hopefully they will give us more information about some of the new sets.  It is one of the things I am most interested in. 

1st post says it's not gonna be shipped in A20, so probably no further detailled infos before A21 dev diary thread (we could try opening a new thread called so, maybe they fall for it 😅)

22 hours ago, Treb said:

This has been something i have wanted for a long time, specializing straight away is a huge boost to the game because the early game dictates a lot of stuff for the mid game (late game you just buy an elixir and respec). Sometimes i want to play a pistol game but all i find are rifles, and shotgun being the only spec with a t0 weapon made them more attractive than the other options.

Im assuming the pipe weapons will have crappy reloads which i unironically look forward too so i can play like a pirate with a belt fill of pipe weapons to draw fire them over and over.

3 hours ago, pregnable said:

Pretty sure TFP said at some point that the hat mods will be removed for various reasons including eliminating moments of confusion that take place in PVP. ("Is that player wearing a steel helmet or a cowboy hat?")

35 minutes ago, GoldsharkROU said:

Hello !, I turn around every so often, and I don't remember this topic was discussed, but since I don't read ALL the messages, I leave these two queries.
Today we cannot connect two sensors to a door, and we cannot use a sensor on one side to open, for example, a garage door and on the other to close it. This has a solution in A20?
Why can't we have an elevator? I'm not saying something modern like UL's, but something more basic? The Unity engine doesn't allow it or what? ever since FP "fixed" the fake hatch lift I wonder.

Thanks!

There are youtube videos out there explaining how to "invert" power by overloading generators. You can couple that with creative motion sensor use to accomplish what you're going for probably. I have never messed with it personally.

7 hours ago, Promethean Winchester said:

The chief mistake you made, meilodasreh, was assuming that post was for you rather than for the devs.

I actually moved your original post here because I thought it was just a general discussion starter. I moved it back and added an @madmole tag to it so that it would be more apparent-- but you should know that the devs respond better to sincere questions rather than long texts. So, best is to ask a question on one subject per post instead of three and be brief in your own feedback regarding the issue.

So, for example, your first issue could be its own post where you simply ask if the letterman jacket boost of 10% speed will be preserved in the new outfit model because that benefit really adds to melee combat. 

Then your next issue could be a separate post where you ask if there will be any more work on zombie animations-- in particular reaction animations to getting hit in melee attacks.

Finally, you could ask if there are more candies planned along with stating your opinion that the falling damage candy seems out of place with absolutely no connection to reality.

The devs like to answer questions. Feedback and opinion pieces they tend to read but not necessarily respond to other than to just say, "thanks for your opinion"

@Roland , I wanted to request this from you since it's really crutial and a huge improvement to the forums. Can we get a "cookie" to react to posts ? I get it that there's the "sympathy" bucket of flowers, but it generally looks like we are mourning someone instead of a deep feeling of acknowledgement. A cookie would be the intense yet funny one we are looking for in more than one situation. As with every other one, it should represent a certain specific feeling, and it does.

2 minutes ago, Blake_ said:

@Roland , I wanted to request this from you since it's really crutial and a huge improvement to the forums. Can we get a "cookie" to react to posts ? I get it that there's the "sympathy" bucket of flowers, but it generally looks like we are mourning someone instead of a deep feeling of acknowledgement. A cookie would be the intense yet funny one we are looking for in more than one situation. As with every other one, it should represent a certain specific feeling, and it does.

Wait, the turd is gone?  So nobody will ever beat my turd record?  Why is it gone?  :(

11 minutes ago, Blake_ said:

THIS IS LIFE OR DEATH FOR 7DTD!

IF WE DON'T GET COOKIE! WE ALL DIE! in 7 days

1 hour ago, Blake_ said:

Sounds like a cookie-cutter speech to me... :heh: Jokes aside, I sent a PM with a similar request to Roland some time ago, but my reason was that flowers feel too "feminine" as a reaction, if you know what I mean... I'd rather have (e.g.) a fist/hand on heart icon or something.

But as Adam said... not life and death lol

48 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

Sounds like a cookie-cutter speech to me... :heh: Jokes aside, I sent a PM with a similar request to Roland some time ago, but my reason was that flowers feel too "feminine" as a reaction, if you know what I mean... I'd rather have (e.g.) a fist/hand on heart icon or something.

But as Adam said... not life and death lol

Rather than flowers, how about Arlene's skull crushed against the pavement? 😜

20 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Rather than flowers, how about Arlene's skull crushed against the pavement? 😜

I love how Roland is right now giving everyone flowers

@MechanicalLens I saw what you did there.  If there ever was a need, now is the time for the poop icon onto your flowers  😁

3 hours ago, SnowDog1942 said:

Wait, the turd is gone?  So nobody will ever beat my turd record?  Why is it gone?  :(

They took the turd out of the game, it just took a bit to remove it from the forums. Your turd record is now forged in forum history and should be engraved on something as it now appears to be immutable. ;)  I do with the turd would come back in game though.

On a related note about a cookie icon: maybe the forum reaction icons could all be switched to be using the same icons as in the game :)

49 minutes ago, Roland said:

Let's see who can find me a link to a good cookie image with transparent background and I'll change it to the best one.

Cookie Contest begins now. :)

Bite icons - 417 free & premium icons on Iconfinder

I know, it's 128x128, a bit oversized... but I know you're "crafty", aren't you? :biggrin1:

As an alternative we could give 'em some gingerbread instead...

Gingerbread Man Stock Photos and Illustrations - Royalty ...

Edited by Jost Amman
added more (see edit history)

• Crater Creator changed the title to A20 Developer Diary Discussions
  • Roland unpinned this topic