A20 Developer Diary Discussions

Roland

22 hours ago, NukemDed said:

watched the latter part of the stream yesterday. is there a link anywhere here about this twitch mode? id like to learn more...

Is there a place to watch the stream post-streaming?  I checked TFP's youtube page and nothing.

2 hours ago, Spatch said:

Is there a place to watch the stream post-streaming?  I checked TFP's youtube page and nothing.

Working on it. Thanks!

https://www.twitch.tv/fubar_prime/video/962096830

I updated the first page with this link. Please note that the build that is being played is A19.5 and not A20 but the twitch integration is relevant to A20 as well. From the video, the news is that Twitch integration will go into A19.5 in April!!

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

Good Day to .. TFP

I sure hope everyone is Well and and in good health.

But it seem strange that the Main page of ( 7 Days to Die The Survival Horde Crafting Game ) hasn't been updated yet with the new Stable version.

Just a thought  😉

Take Care and Be Safe ... the Old Gamer .. 😌 

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

Regarding the new ambient noises added in the newest A19 update, there should be some exclusive ones for Rekt. When you approach the guy you would hear eldritch whispers in your ear saying, "Kill him..." or "Blast his head off..." or "End him... He deserves it...", and then a little minigame could play where you have to resist shooting him with your gun... ;)

1 hour ago, MechanicalLens said:

Regarding the new ambient noises added in the newest A19 update, there should be some exclusive ones for Rekt. When you approach the guy you would hear eldritch whispers in your ear saying, "Kill him..." or "Blast his head off..." or "End him... He deserves it...", and then a little minigame could play where you have to resist shooting him with your gun... ;)

I think fart sounds would work better...

4 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

I don't know what other ideas you had this year, but this is the best one of them all. Definitely. 😁

Well anyone thinking is missing corpses like it was in A15-16? It should be more in places like miltary bases ( dead soldiers and scientist) , burned houses ( burned skeleton in bed for example) , it could added some "atmosphere" like - 3 dead zombies and dead survivor near a supply box , they could be lootable and also be a "source"  of flesh and bones. Another "atmosphere" idea - random clothes colour for zombies -  i know make model is rly hard and time is needed but  3 same type of zombie but a diffrent colurs clothes could elimate clone syndrome. Adding new types of zombie like infested bandit - zombie in scrap armor ( slow but hard like feral), Riot zombie ( you can easy make it diffrent using another color schematic for city and for prison- even more damage he can take but slow ), more civilian zombies , maybe dead hobos ( clotharmor and skull cap and ofc beard) maybe zombie children ( short like spider zombie and weaker that normal but harder to hit) - in school uniform in school, "normal" (tshirt jeans and sneakers) , feral teens( plant fiber clothes without shoes and gloves and looking like starved) . I know guns need to be balanced , meele too but it is nessesery against whom we are using. Bandits could be diffrent and interesiting enemy but is will be harder to make them properly. Ofc good mechanic is very importart but dead body on roof, eaten soldier in half in bunker or zombie teen in school is like ketchup in hot dog- ofc you don't need it but someting is missing without it

44 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

Well anyone thinking is missing corpses like it was in A15-16? It should be more in places like miltary bases ( dead soldiers and scientist) , burned houses ( burned skeleton in bed for example) , it could added some "atmosphere" like - 3 dead zombies and dead survivor near a supply box , they could be lootable and also be a "source"  of flesh and bones.

When was the last time you played?

Corpses as "props" are already in many POIs and can be harvested for bones and rotting flesh.

On 3/27/2021 at 7:46 PM, meganoth said:

I don't know what other ideas you had this year, but this is the best one of them all. Definitely. 😁

A little respect for Mr Rekt. One never knows what his past might've been.

Spoiler

18 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

When was the last time you played?

Corpses as "props" are already in many POIs and can be harvested for bones and rotting flesh.

In earlier alpha  were more of them , ofc you can find flesh and bones on street but this is no body. And i don't count body bags as corpses. So more of them with diffrent models could be added. 

2 hours ago, Matt115 said:

In earlier alpha  were more of them , ofc you can find flesh and bones on street but this is no body. And i don't count body bags as corpses. So more of them with diffrent models could be added. 

I'm not talking about body bags or flesh and bones on the road, I'm talking about "dead humans" inside POIs.

Have you ever seen one? O_o

11 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

I'm not talking about body bags or flesh and bones on the road, I'm talking about "dead humans" inside POIs.

Have you ever seen one? O_o

Only zombies remains {this is not this same as before but still using this model but with better textures)Zombie Remains - Official 7 Days to Die Wiki (fandom.com) . That all what if find. It were a a diffrent looking corps in previous alpha but now they are removed

Corpse - Official 7 Days to Die Wiki (fandom.com)

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)

There are human corpses laying around various POI. Whole corpse, torsos, etc. You're just over-looking them tbh.

Example: Large bookstore (not skyscraper): one corpse inside entrance, one near the checkout, a few corpses on the roof and one in the roof safehouse. Poor man got ate by his dog.

2 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

You're referring to information based on the 7D2D wiki's. Rookie error right there. ;)

I mean this same model 😅

2 minutes ago, Urban Blackbear said:

There are human corpses laying around various POI. Whole corpse, torsos, etc. You're just over-looking them tbh.

Example: Large bookstore (not skyscraper): one corpse inside entrance, one near the checkout, a few corpses on the roof and one in the roof safehouse. Poor man got ate by his dog.

well that's something new, i didn't found it before ( i mean corpses) 

1 hour ago, Matt115 said:

I mean this same model 😅

well that's something new, i didn't found it before ( i mean corpses) 

Well, to be honest there are lots of new POIs in A19.4 RWG, so you'll see them the more you explore when you start a new game.

So you should be happy because they've already listened to your request! :first:

1 minute ago, Jost Amman said:

Well, to be honest there are lots of new POIs in A19.4 RWG, so you'll see them the more you explore when you start a new game.

So you should be happy because they've already listened to your request! :first:

Yes and no :  corpses yep but more models for them and zombies please XD Becouse sometimes i feel like in serious sam : random clothes color like in L4D could be good enought for long time, But i still waiting for zombie bandits, riot police zombie (just typical zombie with armor bonus and more hp) and zombie children ( weaker but harder to hit)  and it will be just enough in enemy issue  😅 ( pls  support this idea guys :) )

24 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

Yes and no :  corpses yep but more models for them and zombies please XD Becouse sometimes i feel like in serious sam : random clothes color like in L4D could be good enought for long time, But i still waiting for zombie bandits, riot police zombie (just typical zombie with armor bonus and more hp) and zombie children ( weaker but harder to hit)  and it will be just enough in enemy issue  😅 ( pls  support this idea guys :) )

From what I’ve heard, there will be no zombie kids, per decision/design so the game will be more sellable (or not be banned in some places?).

I’ve tried making the normal zeds smaller with scaling and it looks bad, like it doesn’t look right (face is too adult, they”re all wearing adult clothes) You can scale them down a little but not even teenager size. They all start looking like they’re dressed up for Halloween :). The rotted corpses/crawlers may be the only exception to this rule for scaling them down and looking ok, IMHO.

for “corpses laying around”, yeah, they are not “everywhere” (which would be cool, IMHO, as land decor, like rocks are today, but they are here and there in POIs.  I would actually love to see some POi’s that are just big corpse piles, and some burn pits (one exists in a military poi with body bags... but I mean bigger. Like a corpse dump maze). Anyway, this leads to the real point of my post: I have seen in the XML files (so it can be modded) but I forget which file (spawning.xml?) a config that appears to be a setting for spawning volumes and “corpse chance”. It appears today to all be set to “0” , meaning no corpses, I guess?  I have not tested it but I wonder if it were set to a higher number you would get either more “regular corpses” spawning in a POi spawn volume or (probably more likely?) some zeds would spawn in “already dead”?

maybe I’m completely wrong, just some setting I think I remember seeing in a19.4 when Going through the XML. Maybe spawning.xml? I’m not at my pc right now to check or test :(

2 hours ago, doughphunghus said:

From what I’ve heard, there will be no zombie kids, per decision/design so the game will be more sellable (or not be banned in some places?).

I’ve tried making the normal zeds smaller with scaling and it looks bad, like it doesn’t look right (face is too adult, they”re all wearing adult clothes) You can scale them down a little but not even teenager size. They all start looking like they’re dressed up for Halloween :). The rotted corpses/crawlers may be the only exception to this rule for scaling them down and looking ok, IMHO.

for “corpses laying around”, yeah, they are not “everywhere” (which would be cool, IMHO, as land decor, like rocks are today, but they are here and there in POIs.  I would actually love to see some POi’s that are just big corpse piles, and some burn pits (one exists in a military poi with body bags... but I mean bigger. Like a corpse dump maze). Anyway, this leads to the real point of my post: I have seen in the XML files (so it can be modded) but I forget which file (spawning.xml?) a config that appears to be a setting for spawning volumes and “corpse chance”. It appears today to all be set to “0” , meaning no corpses, I guess?  I have not tested it but I wonder if it were set to a higher number you would get either more “regular corpses” spawning in a POi spawn volume or (probably more likely?) some zeds would spawn in “already dead”?

maybe I’m completely wrong, just some setting I think I remember seeing in a19.4 when Going through the XML. Maybe spawning.xml? I’m not at my pc right now to check or test :(

That's shame because it it more "accetable"in games to have zombie children that  2016 - for example days gone is AAA game and have children zombie , re 2 ( kento daughter is infected ) , no more room in hell will have it too, so it can passed i think ( maybe someone from devs can say more about it)  but teens like 16-17 yo ? Why not? like in high school jacket guy , wizzy zombie geek in googles or wild starved to death barefoot fiber girl near forest - it will be not so  contoversal like 12 yo zombie but steal suited in schools or liblary right? .  If you wanted to create children in any game you need creat them diffrently because it will looks very creepy like in cyberpunk 2077 XD but  . Ofc i don't thinking to change 7dtd into world war z when bodys are everywhere but  just 3-4  more  corpses in miltary bases or in big buldings , some skeletons on desert and in ghost town and cementary , burned bodys in burned forest in burned buldings. Big piles can bo good in places like swimminpoll or near hospital in hole or  new Poi with a lot of corpses " road post" - sandbags with 3 soldiers body,   military truck some light and wire and 5-6 zombie bodys.