A20 Developer Diary Discussions

Roland

2 hours ago, meganoth said:

They are trying something new and will release A21 before A20. They found out backtracking is a lot easier.

Seriously, MM already said A20 would have more features and the time till end-of-year too short. Look at the feature list and you wouldn't believe him anyway if he said they were targetting December 😉

So June-July 2021 then. Gotcha. ;) 

1 hour ago, Survager said:

I have a little complaint about the new nurse 😃
The new zombie nurse has a movable lower jaw and hairy tail, but the stethoscope is firmly glued to the zombie.
A stethoscope, unlike a tail of hair, is constantly in front of the player's eyes, and the fact that it has no physics is very striking.
Will the stethoscope have physics like this zombie's jaw and hair?

Its all that zombie juice, A new way to get glue Confirmed! A222 

About the set bonus, I think ppl are asking if it will work in the way of Diablo 3.

2 pc bonus: blabla

4 pc bonus: blabla

Alot goes on where you try for bonus from 2 sets that have a good synergy. (and the ring that means you get the bonus with 1 less piece, but min is 2pcs)

So is it that style, or just 1 extra bonus for the full set only?

oh, as for the swapping outfits for short times, yeah, some are, but for mining, I tend to spend the night mining, then other stuff in daytime

swapping out just for hitting the traders, well, even that I tend to just do every 3 days. 

Of course, all this will depend on just what the set bonus actually are. (gotta wait for that)

:)

now I need moar coffee. stayed up too late watching movies again.  I'll never learn.  😛

3 hours ago, Survager said:

I have a little complaint about the new nurse 😃
The new zombie nurse has a movable lower jaw and hairy tail, but the stethoscope is firmly glued to the zombie.
A stethoscope, unlike a tail of hair, is constantly in front of the player's eyes, and the fact that it has no physics is very striking.
Will the stethoscope have physics like this zombie's jaw and hair?

image.png

I have another question. If you are talking about the stethoscope, why are you pointing the green arrows at her boobs?

Edited by Blake_ (see edit history)

21 minutes ago, Blake_ said:

I have another question. If you are are talking about the stethoscope, why are you pointing the green arrows at her boobs?

why are you questioning/judging? :)  i would have thought it was obvious he was looking at/for all the  jiggle spots. hmmmm :)

On 10/30/2020 at 12:38 PM, MunchoElPunchoTTV said:

May sound far fetched but I think having some sort of water/sea/lake creatures would be really sick. Since I already fear water in games as it is but having something that can scare/kill you then that would add a new aspect to the water within the game. It would be cool to see this at some point within the game. Just curious since I could not watch the stream and I am busy at the moment when would the Alpha20 be out roughly?

I really love what you guys are adding to the game. Thank you so much 😀😄

Making the water more muddy/dark and spawning a bunch of zombies in lakes would be egnough to think twice before I fill my bottles in lakes. 

51 minutes ago, canadianbluebeer said:

About the set bonus, I think ppl are asking if it will work in the way of Diablo 3.

2 pc bonus: blabla

4 pc bonus: blabla

Alot goes on where you try for bonus from 2 sets that have a good synergy. (and the ring that means you get the bonus with 1 less piece, but min is 2pcs)

So is it that style, or just 1 extra bonus for the full set only?

oh, as for the swapping outfits for short times, yeah, some are, but for mining, I tend to spend the night mining, then other stuff in daytime

swapping out just for hitting the traders, well, even that I tend to just do every 3 days. 

Of course, all this will depend on just what the set bonus actually are. (gotta wait for that)

:)

now I need moar coffee. stayed up too late watching movies again.  I'll never learn.  😛

The answer is obviously that it doesn't work like in diablo. Otherwise you would have to explain how the farmer set bonus can be distributed (no encumbrance for seeds)

42 minutes ago, meganoth said:

The answer is obviously that it doesn't work like in diablo. Otherwise you would have to explain how the farmer set bonus can be distributed (no encumbrance for seeds)

Equipping any two clothes of the same set always gives the same bonus. So hat + boots provides the same bonus as chest + gloves. 
the first two clothes add say +20% chance to get extra harvest item.

Wearing three clothes increases that to +30% extra harvest

Wearing four pieces of the same set increases that to +35% and also removes seed encumbrance. 

you could wear 2 farmer clothes for the +20% and 2 lumberjack clothes for +20% lumber harvest. 

EDIT:

Actually I was looking at the full set bonuses again and I see that they are pretty insignificant. Like +10 armor rating. So mixing and matching wouldn’t be too penalizing if they stick to this route.

Edited by Maxley (see edit history)

I think it would be really neat to incorporate a civ style roaming bandit mechanic, where they set up camps and assault nearby players.

Everything is happy go lucky until you start getting attacked, then you know they must have moved into a nearby building, your team starts aggressively sweeping the area for signs of them.

I think it would add a really cool team dynamic to the game.

I think the inclusion of sub-backpack storage options would fix the current problems I have with inventory management without increasing the current grid size or changing encumbrance. You could store X stacks of one kind of item inside, but ONLY that one type of item so it doesn't break the current survival system of "How much ammo/water/food/weapons do I bring?" So besides being non-essential items, they'd also be physically small so it would make role-playing sense to only take up one slot. Things like:

A "Trapper Keeper" (with cartoon artwork of course) to hold schematics. A "Seed Bag" burlap sack for the random seeds players find in loot or from mass farming. A "Coin Purse" for Dukes and old money. 

19 minutes ago, Guppys Fur said:

Question:
Will we ever see Roadblock Prefabs?

Like (Overrun) Military Camp that was improvised after apocalypse, or Car Crash. Or Traffic Jam with abondened Cars.
Something like that.

That scene in TWD were Rick at the start finds that crashed Helicopter, for Reference, is stuck in my brain ever since.

Having helicopter blades sticking in your brain may be detrimental to your health

37 minutes ago, SnowDog1942 said:

Is boni the plural form of b0ner??  Any English profs here?

Nah, it's the typo/autocorrect form of "bonus". Subject to change post gold release depending on mod availability and limitations set in place on them by the devs.

41 minutes ago, SnowDog1942 said:

Is boni the plural form of b0ner??  Any English profs here?

I typed out and erased at least three different jokes related to that plural Gazz typed (referencing you as the butt of each joke no less) but ultimately let it go figuring I'd better let a professional do it. ;)

1 hour ago, Delta7x said:

Are there any plans to consolidate the UI? There's a few menus that could be moved onto one screen as opposed to flipping between several.

A while back someone in the community had come up with a UI concept that better shows what I'm trying to describe.

The concept itself isn't bad on the info part, but those colours make me puke rainbows brighter than a Pride parade.

Get rid of the Batter up perk book and move its perks to a baseball/athletic outfit. While replacing the perk book with something that combines clubs and sledges. This way to get the insanely over powered Home Run perk you have to wear a outfit as a soft nerf on it.

6 hours ago, Maxley said:

Equipping any two clothes of the same set always gives the same bonus. So hat + boots provides the same bonus as chest + gloves. 
the first two clothes add say +20% chance to get extra harvest item.

Wearing three clothes increases that to +30% extra harvest

Wearing four pieces of the same set increases that to +35% and also removes seed encumbrance. 

you could wear 2 farmer clothes for the +20% and 2 lumberjack clothes for +20% lumber harvest. 

EDIT:

Actually I was looking at the full set bonuses again and I see that they are pretty insignificant. Like +10 armor rating. So mixing and matching wouldn’t be too penalizing if they stick to this route.

The way armor is calculated in this game +10 armor can be a massive difference. Lets assume you had armor 80 before getting the set bonus. This means you would get 20 damage if a zombie hit you for 100.

Now with +10 you are at armor 90 and only 10 damage would get through. In other words this would half the damage you receive.

• Crater Creator changed the title to A20 Developer Diary Discussions
  • Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland pinned this topic
  • Roland unpinned this topic