A20 Developer Diary Discussions

Roland

1 hour ago, jorbascrumps said:

Respectfully, none of what you've presented proves bandits are coming in A22.

Please do not spread your assumptions as factual timelines. It is harmful to tell other players when to expect something that has not been announced because then they hold TFP accountable.

1. I've never said that bandits are coming in A22 for sure. I stated an opinion about their level of polishness by then. My opinion says they will not be completely 100% finished by a21 even if they are in,  due to a lot of systems being developed still.

2. These forums allow guesses, opinions, pie in the sky bold statements and also memes. You can think whatever you want about the subject, that is also allowed.

3. The announcements are in the main Dev Diary sir. This forum thread is just for discussion of Non-Official things (non official meaning not replying directly to a dev's comment, don't be deceived by the Thread's name) , like my previous post. That's why they get moved here. Everything that is not a direct conversation to a Dev holds no actual informative value, or rather the value of those posts are a matter of, (you guessed it), opinion.

My bad. I'm spreading forum guidelines without asking your consent. Please forgive me.

Scorny hugs.

Edited by Blake_ (see edit history)

23 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

I'd remove multiplayer entirely... what do you need friends for when you have NPCs? :caked:

Multiplayer game is good, but if feature is not working there, but single player can have that feature. Then why not release feature for single player only, and improve and release for multiplayer when it can be ready? At least 10% -30% of community will get something to play extra? 

3 hours ago, archergod said:

Multiplayer game is good, but if feature is not working there, but single player can have that feature. Then why not release feature for single player only, and improve and release for multiplayer when it can be ready? At least 10% -30% of community will get something to play extra? 

Internally the game works single player the same as in multiplayer. I.e. if you start a SP game, you really start a server on your PC and your client connects to that server. With a single option change someone could make that same game MP and invite friends. Explain to him why suddenly the drones he found vanish from the game. 

4 hours ago, archergod said:

It would be cool... if it was possible. :pout:

On 1/10/2021 at 4:03 PM, Arma Rex said:

Most likely perception build. Assault is going to be fully-automatic. Wonder how they'll handle that, maybe take designs from Brazilian scrap submachine guns.

93425790229262improguns.jpeg

i would hope it would look like this

3D Models | MMORPG Forums

it could uses 7.62 and could have maybe 10 or 15 rounds. 

We don't have a side loader in game so why not? like a Makeshift sten? thats what it was basically

A angry Tube with another tube on the side and some coat hanger on the back! and a trigger 

1 hour ago, Adam the Waster said:

i would hope it would look like this

3D Models | MMORPG Forums

it could uses 7.62 and could have maybe 10 or 15 rounds. 

We don't have a side loader in game so why not? like a Makeshift sten? thats what it was basically

A angry Tube with another tube on the side and some coat hanger on the back! and a trigger 

Or maybe something like this?

spacer.png

On 1/11/2021 at 4:47 AM, Jost Amman said:

I'd remove multiplayer entirely... what do you need friends for when you have NPCs? :caked:

I actually really agree with this. Attributes were a multiplayer-centric imposition on EVERYBODY playing single-player. Is it just me, or did the free-form leveling and leveling-by-doing of Alpha 16 feel more satisfying all across the board than leveling in its current iteration? I mean yeah the linear path of basing up near a trader and repeating quests is fun for a while, but after a time I just start craving the freedom of prior game builds. Now every run I do is the same; I even specialize into Strength every time, and just base up at the trader and do quests. Agility is almost - almost - as good as Strength. You have Run & Gun and plenty of firearms, and can kite sprinters with bleed damage. But Strength is objectively superior, even with Parkour considered. I play Insane Nightmare now, to offset the intense boredom of the game's general experience. It's the same every time, but at least it's difficult, and my chance of success is so low that I can never get too bored of how they redesigned progression. Chaotic loot, man... Imagine that, going into a tool store and finding tools made of Iron or Steel. The game used to be so good. But they didn't think too much about how these changes would effect the game... They've spent nearly a decade in alpha and I think they're losing their collective creative vision. It's a dumpster fire now

Edited by Promethean Winchester (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Promethean Winchester said:

I actually really agree with this. Attributes were a multiplayer-centric imposition on EVERYBODY playing single-player. Is it just me, or did the free-form leveling and leveling-by-doing of Alpha 16 feel more satisfying all across the board than leveling in its current iteration?

LBD had its own problems and advantages while the current attributes/perks system has other problems and pros IMO.

The real reason we get bored after some time is simply because the game is not ready yet (NPCs, Bandits, Storyline and such...).

All the rest depends on personal taste, so there's really no point arguing on what pie tastes better if you don't like pies... :caked:

3 hours ago, Promethean Winchester said:

I actually really agree with this. Attributes were a multiplayer-centric imposition on EVERYBODY playing single-player. Is it just me, or did the free-form leveling and leveling-by-doing of Alpha 16 feel more satisfying all across the board than leveling in its current iteration? I mean yeah the linear path of basing up near a trader and repeating quests is fun for a while, but after a time I just start craving the freedom of prior game builds. Now every run I do is the same; I even specialize into Strength every time, and just base up at the trader and do quests. Agility is almost - almost - as good as Strength. You have Run & Gun and plenty of firearms, and can kite sprinters with bleed damage. But Strength is objectively superior, even with Parkour considered. I play Insane Nightmare now, to offset the intense boredom of the game's general experience. It's the same every time, but at least it's difficult, and my chance of success is so low that I can never get too bored of how they redesigned progression. Chaotic loot, man... Imagine that, going into a tool store and finding tools made of Iron or Steel. The game used to be so good. But they didn't think too much about how these changes would effect the game... They've spent nearly a decade in alpha and I think they're losing their collective creative vision. It's a dumpster fire now

So you are willing to challenge yourself by increasing the slider marked "difficulty" but not willing to challenge yourself by playing a build other than strength or agility? Here you are complaining that the game is so samey play after play and the only way you can keep playing is to up the difficulty to be challenged. Why not play on an easier difficulty like warrior (if necessary) but ignore strength and go fortitude or perception or even intellect as your main build for weapons and only do strength and agility for support perks? Personally, I'd call the Strength build the "Noob Build" because it is easiest and most straightforward. Sounds like you have mastered it and may be ready to try something new.

Saying you want a challenge and a different kind of playthrough but then doggedly sticking to always playing Strength because you perceive it to be superior to everything else is a big contradiction. The "dumpster fire" is actually you limiting yourself to a single way of playing and ignoring all the alternative pathways that can offer different gameplay experiences and challenges-- all the things you claim to be craving....

3 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

Or maybe something like this?

spacer.png

yes but i can see it being more... "Junked"

but i though bullpumps where harder to make... oh well. Maybe something like the bren where the mag is on top. 

44 minutes ago, Astronomical said:

Nice suggestions for the primitive machine gun. I like the side loader.

Secretly though I was hoping for something more like this.. 😀

homemade_gatling.thumb.jpg.41d8938041fcbdbc89e96be0d2c30e91.jpg

bruh thats a rocket launcher lmao

1 hour ago, Roland said:

Why not play on an easier difficulty like warrior (if necessary) but ignore strength and go fortitude or perception or even intellect as your main build for weapons and only do strength and agility for support perks?

This is what I am doing with my playthroughs, always changing it up.  Strength build vs agility builds.  Base Day 1 vs POIs.  Horde base either my base or a separate base altogether.  Use items that I find in loot vs crafting only items.  The options I can put on myself keeps me having to change my approach.  There are so many other things I have yet to do - fortitude build, perception build, different base strategies etc that starting up a new game doesn’t feel old or stale....

Now if only I could figure out how to reset my mind when I start a new game after getting use to my level 40+ character from my previous playthrough would be great....

1 hour ago, BFT2020 said:

Now if only I could figure out how to reset my mind when I start a new game after getting use to my level 40+ character from my previous playthrough would be great....

Easy. The Duke stole all your stuff and hit you in the head stripping you of all your lvl40 memories... again! :faint::biggrin1:

Edited by Jost Amman (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

Easy. The Duke stole all your stuff and hit you in the head stripping you of all your lvl40 memories... again! :faint::biggrin1:

nah that is easy I just assume the person I am playing is their identical clone....What I am talking about is trying to jump and realize you haven’t leveled up parkour yet, why you don’t have those food receipes unlocked......or my personal favorite, realizing too late that you haven’t found that urban combat book about mines on your current playthrough. 😵

On 1/7/2021 at 3:58 PM, Promethean Winchester said:

Your game was similar to Project Zomboid in the sense where it was a REAL and RAW apocalypse experience, with infinite potential and all of my faith. Now? It's a god damn arcade game. Candy super powers. Growing skills like farming, cooking, engineering and hunting by... Killing, and building. Locking people's progressions into limited lists of perks by boxing everything into neat little attributes. Looting a tool store and finding a stone shovel instead of an Iron or Steel one. Looting a gun store and finding an improvised Blunderbuss and some stone arrows instead of a pistol. You, devs, used to embrace chaos as both the nature of your game and the flavor of your game's progression. When you took the chaos away, you took the soul of 7 days to die away. You could have embraced the game's nature: Implemented more weapons, power attacks, kept and improved leveling by doing, kept and improved chaotic loot, implemented PERMADEATH, and balanced the game around all those elements of SHEER BADASSERY. Instead? Hell, you're catering to casuals, children, and beer drinkers. Inflating Jen's tits and putting super power candies into the game, taking away every chaotic element the game had, and boiling it all down into some orderly, linear, garbage fire. Go to your trader, base-up, do quests for them. Find stone tools and blunderbusses so often, that you may as well not even loot any POI's until after the first bloodmoon. Just do buried treasure quests repeatedly to get your gamestage up until there's actually something worth finding in POI's. Yeah you can play how you want, but if you don't follow the developer-selected path of trader focus, then your playthrough suffers for it. The game used to have way more soul, and way more options than that. Leveling is linear, item progression is linear, there's way too much order now. The sheer chaos was what made this game great back in the day. It was... Badass. 

Sales aren't everything; If the masses are idiots, then you can indeed make something simple, and sell it well. But the opinions that truly matter, like mine, will always be disappointed if you do that. Which you have, and seem content to continue to do. Yeah, making a thousand wooden clubs so you can make level 600 bows is KIND OF weird. But you know what's weirder? Building and upgrading a house so you can learn how to craft a bicycle, so that you can learn how to throw a spear better. Learning by doing at least made a modicum of sense. Candy that gives you superpowers... While I love that idea, on top of every other change to the game it sadly betrays what you guys think of your game now. It's no longer serious. It's a joke. You guys messed up. Alpha 16's skill progression and loot system was perfectly tailored to stimulate dopamine releases constantly. At this point you're just boiling the game down, into this... Linear garbage fire where every player is punished for choosing one attribute over another. I was never wrong about all this. I was simply your last island. I'm the reasoning, I'm the truth here. I'm the good sense, the thought, and the contemplation. You guys? I'm sorry, but the current iteration of your game tells me exactly how deeply you've thought about it. To redeem your game, polish Alpha 16's progression system, keep the chaos, and definitely keep the POI redesign and graphical enhancements from the latest alphas. I'm trying to talk sense into you guys but like I said, you're all the kind of captains who insist everything's fine as their hull slowly fills with water and their crew loses faith in them.

I watched Cobra Kai so, I know a thing or two about being badass. And the game was badass. It is no longer badass. You guys no longer seem badass. You seem old and irrelevant, because that's what you're making the game seem like lately. It's a boring cardboard cutout of many games I've played before rather than the unique experience it used to be. I level up by killing things in Dark Souls. In Pokemon. I won't even start that list, it's too long. But to sacrifice the leveling system you had, for the one you have now... Tsk tsk tsk, that's shameful. That's like taking the sistine chapel and drawing mustaches on the characters, just to make children who see it laugh. You dumbed down a work of art to satisfy the masses and sell more copies, just because your console port flopped. It conveys this horrible notion that the game's potential (vast potential) was wasted on you guys.  Like the game could have been given to EA Games, and ended up the way it is now. I'm sorry for these hurtful words. But my god are they ever the truth. I'm just trying to help. But you all seem remarkably closed off to good sense.

Boobs

13 hours ago, Promethean Winchester said:

I start playing after like 6 months, and yes it might feel repeat of last iteration you do, but don't we are same guys who play Mario for ages doing same round? Need for speed is still a car racing .. isn't it that boring? even pubg isn't it same first person shooting.. I mean common on 2 new weapon here and there and it is same as playing Delta force back in 1990's2000's? 

My point is all game are limited who vast they are, you can experiment with setting and try different level, or add mods. even if they add 100 more zombie or 200 new items or maps, the base remain what it is, Survival game... Having said that, I love the game in a16 (when I original start it), and I love it in a19 .. it is same time pass game for me. Sometime I play on Servers.. sometime I play single player, trying different mod, vanilla. 

Not all game support mod natively, if Developer team add modding then it is one of the FEATURE for player to use... if you don't use it, then it is waste of tech put in by team. 

To me, the dog looks decayed and not burnt. I think some of you had your perception swayed by Adam's BBQ joke. I think it will be a fine model to use in any biome. I also think it looks great the way it is but then again I'm no Dobermann aficianado. 

1 hour ago, Roland said:

To me, the dog looks decayed and not burnt. I think some of you had your perception swayed by Adam's BBQ joke. I think it will be a fine model to use in any biome. I also think it looks great the way it is but then again I'm no Dobermann aficianado. 

No, my friend. The colour stays the same after dying. Even if it's dirty, it stays clearer in the clearer colour spots (the pigment is in the hair, not the skin). Nice try.

Dogs are awesome. That one is just a bit poor on the pre-researching job (just the colour, the model and sculpture are awesome as are all of Byington models) . Full black dogs like that one are quite rare. Are they all burnt then? Shall TFP create lore for why every single dog is charred ? 

Let me introduce you to a correctly coloured concept art:

a98e2ad6b6c72d0e44cec4c44b1bfdd2.jpg.3263c84225c4366c9ceafb9d3b4cac8d.jpg

Can I suggest Pink Boars? Pretty please.

Edited by Blake_
a few changes (see edit history)