Jump to content

Developer Diary Discussions


Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

*cowboy mode activate*

is this a Marksman or assault?
@madmole
 

  Reveal hidden contents

Image

 

 

 

The new primitive rifle model looks awesome! Glad they finally went with something lever action.

 

That being said, kinda sad to waste a sweet lever action model on a single shot primitive rifle. It's more common that this type of rifle would have an internal magazine. Personally I think it would be cooler to see the current hunting rifle end up as the primitive weapon and this new model tier 1.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

That can of chilli is on spot. Fantastic model, wish we could know more about it, like what damage it could do. 

Another good one Pimps, thanks ! 

4 hours ago, SnowDog1942 said:


Pretty sure its their new way of releasing info, dev streams.  Oh well.

And we want a new one !

Also, soon :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

the reason why i say it could be the AR class is due to the way you can shoot Leveraction. idk what its called

Still have to do more than just squeeze the trigger and hold it squeezed to get it to fire unlike all 3 weapons currently affected by the Machine Gunner perk. The Marksman Rifle and Sniper Rifle both require less input from the firer than a lever or bolt action, and both of them are Dead Eye.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2021 at 8:56 AM, meganoth said:

Of course knowing and planning for this internal mechanism is akin to save scumming. Don't complain that the game is too easy for you while using those tricks. There are legitimate ways to get iron tools early.

 

 

I mean, you can technically have steel tools a few days in if you get all the right schematic (forge, workbench, crucible and steel tool). And sometime you're at GS100+ and haven't found the needed schematics.

 

In my current game, I found my first crucible (the item, not even the schematic) on day 38 and since day 28 I was scouring aggressively for it, going to all the 7-8 traders I had located at every restock and looting every crack a book/working stiff related places I could find on the map.

 

Felt great when I found it in a fire station next to the trader I was waiting for to open as I was traveling during the night. Now I just need to find the auger schematic so I can upgrade my level 1 auger😅

 

Also, auto shotgun would be nice, but I have quite a few shotgun messiah place to raid that were left alone during my crucible quest.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Treb said:

 

I mean, you can technically have steel tools a few days in if you get all the right schematic (forge, workbench, crucible and steel tool). And sometime you're at GS100+ and haven't found the needed schematics.

 

In my current game, I found my first crucible (the item, not even the schematic) on day 38 and since day 28 I was scouring aggressively for it, going to all the 7-8 traders I had located at every restock and looting every crack a book/working stiff related places I could find on the map.

 

Felt great when I found it in a fire station next to the trader I was waiting for to open as I was traveling during the night. Now I just need to find the auger schematic so I can upgrade my level 1 auger😅

 

Also, auto shotgun would be nice, but I have quite a few shotgun messiah place to raid that were left alone during my crucible quest.

 

 

Or you can just quest from traders. 😛 For a T2 buried supplies I got to choose a T5 steel pickaxe as a reward. 😜

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

 

Or you can just quest from traders. 😛 For a T2 buried supplies I got to choose a T5 steel pickaxe as a reward. 😜

 

I got all my current steel tool from rewards/looting too. I could have crafted them earlier if I had the crucible though (or went around and dismantled every single street lamp light on the map). 

 

RNG gotta RNG though. One time I found the crucible schematic on day 1 or so.

Edited by Treb (see edit history)
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Treb said:

 

I got all my current steel tool from rewards/looting too. I could have crafted them earlier if I had the crucible though (or went around and dismantled every single street lamp light on the map). 

 

RNG gotta RNG though. One time I found the crucible schematic on day 1 or so.

 

I would honestly stop using traders if I could, but the temptation of checking their inventories, and the thought of tossing away weapon after weapon, tool after tool, only because I didn't need them for anything other than coin... I could never stomach it.

On the other hand though, after finishing my Fortitude world on day 76 I've restarted about a dozen times since, never making it past day 2 or 3 for whatever reason. Can't put a finger on it though...

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

*cowboy mode activate*

is this a Marksman or assault?
@madmole
 

  Hide contents

Image

 

 

Most likely perception build. Assault is going to be fully-automatic. Wonder how they'll handle that, maybe take designs from Brazilian scrap submachine guns.

93425790229262improguns.jpeg

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2020 at 7:53 PM, doughphunghus said:

Are bandits, drones, or any new entities going to make an appearance?

Bandits please.
I NEED ai that wants to shoot me back.
Whole new level of git gud please. :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pichii said:

Bandits please.
I NEED ai that wants to shoot me back.
Whole new level of git gud please. :D

 

It has been confirmed that there will be no bandits in Alpha 20. They are doing (among dozens of  new POI, loot, quest and RWG changes) new weapons, brand new armour system and special Zombies that bring more quality and variety to gameplay, and that takes until summer or so with their team of 40 devs. Bandits are probably an alpha 22 feature , but there's a good chance that the first iteration (aka basic functionality) comes online in alpha 21. 

 

Did I mention that they are letting ALL the common Zds crawl through one meter holes ? and the new door changes ? shape menu system ? Those things take a good bunch of weeks to develop so I'm unsure if we're going to see ALL of them in A20. I would be surprised if they pulled it off before July though.

 

We've been waiting 7 years for npcs, but if good stuff keeps coming like this, I can definitely wait a couple more.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Blake_ said:

 

It has been confirmed that there will be no bandits in Alpha 20. They are doing (among dozens of  new POI, loot, quest and RWG changes) new weapons, brand new armour system and special Zombies that bring more quality and variety to gameplay, and that takes until summer or so with their team of 40 devs.

Are they still trying to get the kinks out of the drone in hopes of an A21 release?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

Are they still trying to get the kinks out of the drone in hopes of an A21 release?

They said they hope to release the drone in a20, yes.

In the video they showed, it worked just fine for single player, but I believe it was too much of a bug pile on the multiplayer side to release it in a19.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, toores said:

ECHO!   Echo...   Echo...   echo...   echo..   echo.   (echo)   . . .

 

What's up with the dead forums?

Everyone is playing!

 

We broke all our records this past week with 39k concurrent players. 

  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Blake_ said:

They said they hope to release the drone in a20, yes.

In the video they showed, it worked just fine for single player, but I believe it was too much of a bug pile on the multiplayer side to release it in a19.

Maybe it is time they release some item for single player only and remove it from multiplayer?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, archergod said:

Maybe it is time they release some item for single player only and remove it from multiplayer?

I'd remove multiplayer entirely... what do you need friends for when you have NPCs? :caked:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, SnowDog1942 said:


Pretty sure its their new way of releasing info, dev streams.  Oh well.

 

We are all playing. It is normal when a stable alpha comes out where everything goes quite well. And above all that we came from various patches without rest. Now to play many days without losing what has been achieved: D

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KingSlayerGM said:

40k is so close!

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WHERE HALF WAY THERE!!!!!! OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

im sorry i had too

 

9 hours ago, Roland said:

Everyone is playing!

 

We broke all our records this past week with 39k concurrent players. 

im just waiting for A20 and just posting pics for A20
and im hoping this alpha gives Alot of love to Intellecte class. IE stuff like a makeshift baton and a tier 3 baton. idk like a Tesla baton  
i would like a range weapon class but i would not be sad if there wasn't. 

MY SOUL HAS BEEN CONSUMED BY A R K

HELP ME!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jorbascrumps said:

 

Source?

Sure!

 

From Alpha 20 Dev diary page 1 post number 4 ( counting the main opening post). Senior Programmer of The Fun Pimps "Faatal" (Shawn) said:

 

Quote

 

The Robotic Drone should be in A20. Some code work may start on bandits, but they won't be in a20.

 

 

And from the same Alpha 20 Dev diary page 15 ( 16th post of the page) Cofounder of The Fun Pimps and Designer/Artist "Madmole" (Joel Huenink) said:

 

Quote

Console sold great with ugly UMA presets and zero customization. If we have a similar amount of heads it should be just fine. The CPU savings deleting all those bones/morphs/bloat data wouldn't hurt either. Anyhow this is months out as we've pushed new characters to A21 so even I don't have an answer as to what we're actually doing.

 

Also, in previous a19 dev streams they talked about bandits and npcs for a bit. Not much talk in the streams from a20 though.

 

So it's safe to asume the following:

 

1- There's a good chance that basic functionality of Npcs (including bandits) will be in A21. So FINALLY this alpha could be the one, but the Shape Menu and other things will prevent it from being 100% in at the very least and could also (I hope not) prevent this alpha from having npcs too. That's my realistic opinion.

 

2- Also in my opinion,  it's correct to asume that A22 will be an alpha in which npcs are in and in a moderately polished state (aka shippable).

 

3- The average time of alpha development since a17 is 10 months from stable to stable (patches are usually backports from .2 onwards).

 

4- So we will have polished npcs and npc-related quests in some form by Summer 2023. That's a safe fact.  Autumn to Christmas 2022 at the earliest is a bold one.

 

TFP and everybody want it to be sooner. But NO. 40 people is 40 people and multiplayer code is no joke. Be aware that the AI they plan to implement is superior to that of a Fallout game, and the programming team is a bit small (I believe they are around 4-6 guys coding various features).

 

This is the Dev Diary link:

 

 

Edited by Blake_ (see edit history)
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blake_ said:

snip

 

Respectfully, none of what you've presented proves bandits are coming in A22.

 

59 minutes ago, Blake_ said:

So it's safe to asume the following:

 

Please do not spread your assumptions as factual timelines. It is harmful to tell other players when to expect something that has not been announced because then they hold TFP accountable.

 

  • Like 2
  • Dislike 2
  • Knuckle Rub 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...