A20 Developer Diary Discussions

Roland

Good day all .. I was wondering if this random issue will be fixed or at least being worked on by the time A20 comes out .. you can start in one part of the map and by the time you go another .. most of the building look like Marble factories. 

Like I said this has been going on for A very long time now .. but I have noticed it More in A19 than before in any of the other games and everyone say's it is a Vanilla bug.

Thank You and Have A Great New Years 

PS: I had a whole city block like this and Most were worst.

p1.png

p2.png

Edited by gpcstargate
Lost first group of pictures, retook them same houses different restart. (see edit history)

2 hours ago, gpcstargate said:

Good day all .. I was wondering if this random issue will be fixed or at least being worked on by the time A20 comes out .. you can start in one part of the map and by the time you go another .. most of the building look like Marble factories. 

Like I said this has been going on for A very long time now .. but I have noticed it More in A19 than before in any of the other games and everyone say's it is a Vanilla bug.

Thank You and Have A Great New Years 

PS: I had a whole city block like this and Most were worst.

p1.png

p2.png

This is a known issue and has been brought up to the devs many times. They are working on it. 

2 hours ago, sillls said:

I have noticed that my post keep getting deleted. I had a post that was here for a day and now it's gone. It did not break any rules so why is it not here? 

If a post is not a direct question or response to a developer regarding Alpha 20 then it gets moved here. No posts have been deleted. Not even your reposting of the female construction worker picture got deleted....

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Tahaan said:

The problem is this:  If you make a copy of your save before you loot a house, and then loot it, then restore the saved game and loot it again in the exact same order, you get the exact same loot.  So it isn't very random.

FWIW I only know about this because it was reported in the Bugs report section by someone.

That doesn't seem a problem to me. It's not that the random's not working, it's that the random stuff was generated beforehand.

What you should try is to loot a POI, then generate the same world seed again and then loot the same POI again and see what happens I guess...

Edited by Jost Amman
Typos (see edit history)

No. What you should try is get evidence that there is really something wrong. At the moment we just have a rumor that could as well be coincidence.

7 days has a long backlog of confirmed and unconfirmed bugs. I don't think devs or testers will go on a witch hunt for a bug that a few people seem to think they may have sensed on the ghost radar while meditating on which base to build 😉

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

6 hours ago, Tahaan said:

The problem is this:  If you make a copy of your save before you loot a house, and then loot it, then restore the saved game and loot it again in the exact same order, you get the exact same loot.  So it isn't very random.

FWIW I only know about this because it was reported in the Bugs report section by someone.

Yes, it's not a real random. But, i also do not consider such a manifestation problematic.

This does not apply to the gameplay and even generally it is permissible by the nature of "seed".

The problem is that such algoritms generates visible repetitions. We really should not be interested in HOW it works - only the result should be important for us. But now this result has visible flaws.

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

3 hours ago, JamesKirk said:

So it is intented that each party member gets the same reward?? I just noticed it again in my multiplayer. My buddy and I got exact the same reward in the last four quests.

You must be one of those high maintenance trick-or-treaters... ;)

Kidding!  That does sound sus...

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

19 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

That doesn't seem a problem to me. It's not that the random's not working, it's that the random stuff was generated beforehand.

What you should try is to loot a POI, then generate the same world seed again and then loot the same POI again and see what happens I guess...

It doesn't bother me enough and I would rather have TFP spend their resources on things that actually does.  And it wasn't reported by me.

EDIT - it doesn't seem to be generated beforehand because if it was the order in which the containers was searched would not matter.

Edited by Tahaan (see edit history)

4 hours ago, JamesKirk said:

So it is intented that each party member gets the same reward?? I just noticed it again in my multiplayer. My buddy and I got exact the same reward in the last four quests.

Roleplay bro — The trader buys stuff on buy one get one sales and then gives them out as rewards ;)

16 hours ago, meganoth said:

No. What you should try is get evidence that there is really something wrong. At the moment we just have a rumor that could as well be coincidence.

7 days has a long backlog of confirmed and unconfirmed bugs. I don't think devs or testers will go on a witch hunt for a bug that a few people seem to think they may have sensed on the ghost radar while meditating on which base to build 😉

I'm definitely NOT going to open a bug report for this - rather let have work on performance and stuff like that that are real issues.

After playing cyberpunk for about 80 hours I have made a New Years resolution.

I here and now vow that from this time onward I will NEVER EVER complain about bugs in this game... EVER!!!

Happy New Year to TFP and to you all here.

Lotsa Love All

Having played EQ , AO , WoW , DAoC , LotRO and so many other games in beta and early release over the years...and every Elder Scrolls and Fallout game that Bugthesda is responsible for...

This game has NOTHING on them lol...A7 was less buggy then all of the above for sure...

People should feel lucky with this game and its extremely small , by comparison bug list...

14 hours ago, Demonoid74 said:

Having played EQ , AO , WoW , DAoC , LotRO and so many other games in beta and early release over the years...and every Elder Scrolls and Fallout game that Bugthesda is responsible for...

This game has NOTHING on them lol...A7 was less buggy then all of the above for sure...

People should feel lucky with this game and its extremely small , by comparison bug list...

Btw IMO aka GTHO you should try and not HMB with so many GR8 titles which would make me smh. NVM you are hitting us with TMI , AFAIK IRL human beings use full words to comment FAQ so people just don't LOL at the meanings. Man ILY, and we aren't really BAM (IKR?), but ICYMI  guys/gals use things like WoW to praise PPL, not for a RPG title , so the full wording wouldn't hurt the arthritis. LotRO might also be confused for a contender to the Powerball or MegaMillions and not for a Frodo P2W simulator.

Omg TGIF . LMK if you have any questions, TTYS. JK, CU.

16 hours ago, Blake_ said:

Btw IMO aka GTHO you should try and not HMB with so many GR8 titles which would make me smh. NVM you are hitting us with TMI , AFAIK IRL human beings use full words to comment FAQ so people just don't LOL at the meanings. Man ILY, and we aren't really BAM (IKR?), but ICYMI  guys/gals use things like WoW to praise PPL, not for a RPG title , so the full wording wouldn't hurt the arthritis. LotRO might also be confused for a contender to the Powerball or MegaMillions and not for a Frodo P2W simulator.

Omg TGIF . LMK if you have any questions, TTYS. JK, CU.

TLDR

On 28/12/2020 at 16:40, Empyreal_Eagle said:

Existem planos para tornar os danos mostrados em zumbis mais realistas? Por exemplo, como Left 4 Dead 2 você pode fazer buracos de bala em zumbis e cortes com machados e espadas. Eu adoraria ver a adição de danos visíveis aos zumbis de vários tipos de armas. Buracos de bala com base na arma usada. Orifícios menores para armas de calibre menor e maiores para espingardas e rifles de alta potência. Também seria ótimo ver animações / reações mais realistas dos zumbis sendo baleados ou atingidos. Eu também gostaria de ver mais sangue dos zumbis ao danificá-los, especialmente com armas de alta potência.

Let's take it easy.
I wonder if this would be a difficult job for design or programming.

But still on that topic. I know that animation has made remarkable progress, but are there any plans for a new "revolution"?