A20 Developer Diary Discussions

Roland

1 hour ago, Blake_ said:

So I'm confused. Is EVERY firearm going to have primitive (pistol, rifle, assault rifle, machine gun and shotgun ) ? What is that sweet entry about the baton having another primitive model ?

I think one point to all weapons having a prim version is so you can start using all ammo types sooner then later.

The baton is probably for the new marching band outfit...🤣

Edited by Laz Man (see edit history)

23 hours ago, Roland said:

I can confirm that the pipe weapons are great fun to find and use. They are still WIP but even now their variety is exactly what the primitive era needs and they really have breathed new life into the early game. I don't think they will change the minds of those who are wanting the more powerful weaponry sooner but for those who enjoy the slower progression and finding primitive stuff of slowly building quality until the real weapons start appearing, they really make the game more engaging. I find myself excited to get ammo now and am using it up. These guns are pretty junky but they are fun. If you are the type who feels that using up ammo on poor weaponry is a waste then you'll probably have a hard time with these guns and may find yourself ignoring them in order to horde ammo for later when you can find good guns. But if you don't mind using whatever you've got in the present and letting tomorrow take care of itself, then they are great!

Will the primitive age be changing at all in terms of duration?

13 minutes ago, Roland said:

Not so far.

Well then, hopefully the differing gamestages within certain biomes isn't so great that it cuts down on this stage of the game, or any stage for that matter. The game has been unbalanced for too long and we are finally entering a balanced, linear, orderly state. I trust that TFP won't butcher that experience.

5 hours ago, Guppycur said:

Una vez contaste esta historia sobre bandidos montados en sus jeep montados en pistolas acosando bases de jugadores ... Sé que era una idea en tu cabeza, pero ¿qué tan cerca de la realidad es eso?

That would not be the end of the "lone wolf" mode, and by me it will be welcome, I would add "salt" to the game, and as in Fallout you come across NPC doing their stories and iterating with us.

1 hour ago, GoldsharkROU said:

That would not be the end of the "lone wolf" mode, and by me it will be welcome, I would add "salt" to the game, and as in Fallout you come across NPC doing their stories and iterating with us.

I am seriously wondering why Guppy suddenly turned into El Guppy when you replied to his post.

2 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

Well then, hopefully the differing gamestages within certain biomes isn't so great that it cuts down on this stage of the game, or any stage for that matter. The game has been unbalanced for too long and we are finally entering a balanced, linear, orderly state. I trust that TFP won't butcher that experience.

I don’t hope for that. I hope that the risk matches the reward and that if someone wants to skip the primitive stage they can as long as they take the risks to do so. Going to a radiated POI in the wasteland BETTER  have a significantly better reward. If not, then what’s the use of having a variety of locations with different game stages if they are going to be all largely the same just to protect linear progression?  

Quite a few people are putting up with the current primitive game only because of the promise of a better design to come that will ease the linearity of it. I don’t think very many are cheering for a rigid linear progression model. 

Main thing I hope for the pipe weapons that devs have been suspiciously silent on, is a stone age Junk Turret type weapon. They have confirmed a pipe baton, but that's not a good solution as that's only for a melee weapon.

I still like my idea of a Blowpipe weapon, as a ranged early game int option! Could use junk turret ammo and scale somehow with Junk turret perk points

Could all painting be made equal? As of now many paint options consume a few if not several buckets of paint, while others only take one bucket. It's not the inconsistency itself that bothers me, it's just the simple experience of going from one paint texture to another and suddenly this new texture eats up 3x (or more) as much paint as the previous selection.

9 hours ago, Khalagar said:

Main thing I hope for the pipe weapons that devs have been suspiciously silent on, is a stone age Junk Turret type weapon. They have confirmed a pipe baton, but that's not a good solution as that's only for a melee weapon.

I still like my idea of a Blowpipe weapon, as a ranged early game int option! Could use junk turret ammo and scale somehow with Junk turret perk points

A possible stone age turret could be a rotating knife on a stand. Looks simple, is simple (just a motor with a sharp object on top), and is an obvious downgrade to the pusher.

It would act like a transportable spike trap, doing a little damage and just slowing down the zombie a bit

Merry Christmas. 

I haven't been keeping up with 7Days lately but I was filled with holiday cheer when I came here on a whim and saw the to do list for A20.

I got my money's worth of enjoyment out of the game years ago but one of my biggest gripes from the start has been the lack of reward progression to go along with the more dangerous areas of the game.  Its great to hear the more dangerous biomes will be getting some attention.  Are the cities included in that or has it already been done?

See you all for some zombie slaying when A20 releases.