A20 Developer Diary Discussions

Roland

1 hour ago, Adam the Waster said:

all i want for Basic zombies is a Generic Zombie that looks like the crawler but it has legs. 
like theses
just uses you're imagination to see how TFP would make them! but it would have there theme!

I think it would fit nice will all theses "fresh" looking zombies
and then the Old and super rotten Zombies! 

Hide contents

Unwilling | Doom Wiki | FandomFeral Ghoul | Wiki | Warfare Roleplay AminoFeral ghoul (Fallout 4) | Fallout Wiki | FandomSkeleton Zombies by Studio New Punch in Characters - UE4 Marketplace

Yeah adding a couple of musty old shamblers to the game would really help with the zombie theme. It would be pretty disturbing to have one of those guys burst out of closet and corner you in a small room. I think all the new zombie models are great but they’re all pretty fresh and all very unique and recognizable. I think adding some generic decayed zombies would help to make the current zombies feel less redundant.

2 minutes ago, Maxley said:

Yeah adding a couple of musty old shamblers to the game would really help with the zombie theme. It would be pretty disturbing to have one of those guys burst out of closet and corner you in a small room. I think all the new zombie models are great but they’re all pretty fresh and all very unique and recognizable. I think adding some generic decayed zombies would help to make the current zombies feel less redundant.

you put it in the way i always wanted to! thxs :)

Depression nap time!

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

18 minutes ago, Danidas said:

On that note will we ever see the ability to make basic logic gates for the electrical system like and/or gates and such.

Prime said in last night's stream that logic gates will not be added.

3 hours ago, RhinoW said:

We already have an implemented electrical system, all they gotta do is spawn it in a PoI, and allow the player to interact with it. As for the fuse boxes, it would be like the switch, but with a new model and animation.

It's basically done already. All they gotta do is implement these new systems and create new models/ animations.

38 minutes ago, Danidas said:

On that note will we ever see the ability to make basic logic gates for the electrical system like and/or gates and such.

I believe an And can already be created with 2 triggers in series to the target object. I don't think you can do an Or. Which sucks... cause the Or is the one I'd really like. Being able to wire 2 switches/plates to a single device would make a lot of things a lot easier to deal with. 

1 minute ago, SteamM0nkey said:

I believe an And can already be created with 2 triggers in series to the target object. I don't think you can do an Or. Which sucks... cause the Or is the one I'd really like. Being able to wire 2 switches/plates to a single device would make a lot of things a lot easier to deal with. 

Iirc if you have 2 pressure plates, 2 motion sensors or a pressure plate and a motion sensor wired in series with what you want triggered (so PP>PP>turret for example) they act as an OR gate. Triggering either "sensor" will activate the the connected electrical component (trap, turret, alarm, etc.)

39 minutes ago, Kalen said:

I hope the repair quests actually lead to something changing in the world.   If we go through the effort of fixing up a POI, I'd hope that it would then be used for something by the trader.   It would be pretty (forgive me for saying) immersion breaking to then see the POI remain abandoned.  It would be pretty cool to see that we fixed it up for a reason.

I agree. Do you mean like having an NPC spawn there and sort of inhabit the POI after you do the quest? I had the idea that there could be a high tier quest to repair and restore power to an oil rig. It would require lots of materials (like 500 steel ingots) and perhaps some new specific parts like drive shafts or something. Once repaired though it will provide a continuous but slow supply of oil shale. Also the trader won't give a oil rig quest for that specific oil rig again.

As far as restoring power to buildings for lighting goes, I think all buildings should have their lights be off by default at the start of the game. I don't like the idea of going to a POI with its lights on, starting a quest which turns its lights off, just to have you turn them back on again. Maybe they could have a power station POI that is like tier 5 which can restore power to a city block.

Edited by Maxley
Typo (see edit history)

22 hours ago, Roland said:

With the A20 developer diary thread beginning I have created a new discussions thread. Each day or so I will migrate discussions and conversations and jokes over to this thread in order to keep the dev diary clear of content that is not directly interactive with the developers. This is not a punishment and nobody is getting infractions. If there are hot topics of debate and conversation they can continue here and not overwhelm that thread.

Otherwise, just say "Sooooooo?" if you're a big Dingle Berry.

Sooooooo?

10 minutes ago, Coryjkrum said:

I know I am late to this game just started playing a few months ago when it was on sale on psn is there any hope we will see any updates on the ps4? The game looks so much more fun on pc with all those updates 

no.....

sorry.

13 minutes ago, SnowDog1942 said:

So the downside I am seeing of this new clothing/armor thing is that my brain will want to always switch sets depending on my activity.   I'm gonna go chop trees.. gotta find my lumberjack clothes and put those on.  I'm going to mine for a while.. Gotta go find my mining outfit and put that one. etc etc etc.   Im going to want to constantly switch outfits depending on what I am doing.. its micromanagement that is not fun, but would help your play.. a lot.

i mean, you don't half too, its just a small bonus, say someone who lives in a cave would want to wear mining gear, or if you have to do a Very large project with wood, go with lumberjack.

I can't wait to see what TFP have in store!

12 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

i mean, you don't half too, its just a small bonus, say someone who lives in a cave would want to wear mining gear, or if you have to do a Very large project with wood, go with lumberjack.

I can't wait to see what TFP have in store!

Still going to be funny/annoying to watch min-maxing streamers lose their @%$# debating if it is worth it to jog back to base to get their looting or chopping gear...