A20 Developer Diary Discussions

Roland

On 10/9/2021 at 9:44 AM, Matt115 said:

Well newsstands are just perfect: they give you money, warms, safe. 

unsymmetrical things hurts my eyes!  geez if zombie outbreake happens and if i saw 1 shoe or sock or glove zombie i gone kill this zombie and take off this one unymmetrical thing!!!!!!.

Well i don't undestand why devs don't added skeleton yet! they have even skeleton inside them! @unholyjoe could you inform TFP that skeletons are very important thing for setting gameplay and sales?😀 

Do you work in a newstand by chance? Lol

5 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Do you work in a newstand by chance? Lol

unfortunatly nope 😕 a lot of small shops fall since 2015 . So i have nearby only supermarkets.

Well i have only few good's memories in my live and most of them are connected with newsstands XD

37 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

unfortunatly nope 😕 a lot of small shops fall since 2015 . So i have nearby only supermarkets.

Well i have only few good's memories in my live and most of them are connected with newsstands XD

I lost my virginity in a news stand......ah memories 😍😜😁

16 hours ago, Outlaw_187 said:

I lost my virginity in a news stand......ah memories 😍😜😁

XD nope - just for long time i just had been talking only with with newsstand owner XD  so this a little bit sad XD 

More places i like - forest , train station and that's all XD.

Btw i'm as so i'm even anti @SnowDog1942 version.

So XD but there is a lot of positive things in live. Cats, cola, skeletons, history,guns, walking barefoot in forest,  tea, pizza, symmetrical things, hot places, public executions , when update is coming faster etc XD

• Roland unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, pregnable said:

Pretty sure I said this before, but maybe not...

Since the usefulness of stealth comes up every so often, it would be cool if bows, crossbows, and maybe knives, kept part of their sneak attack bonus, when they are sneaking, but have been discovered. 

Maybe something like 50%, or whatever balance dictates.  Maybe on the last rank of a skill. 

That way stealth is still useful on horde night, and also works when POI triggers auto break stealth. 

I very much doubt that stealth can ever be useful. 

Perhaps in the early days on insane nightmare, but believe me, you will not kill many of them with a bow😂

1 hour ago, stallionsden said:

You mean the bit where you said a bow won't do much  🙄🙄🙄.  

Or the bit where you said stealth wasn't very useful.. which both those statements are wrong hence why I don't think you play the game. 

Although the conversation was not about that, but yes. Both are useless @%$#. Try to prove that it is not so. Give the conditions in which the choice of stealth and bow will be optimal.

1 hour ago, bachgaman said:

Although the conversation was not about that, but yes. Both are useless @%$#. Try to prove that it is not so. Give the conditions in which the choice of stealth and bow will be optimal.

Lmao.

Do you need someone to teach you how to use the bow.. maybe how to stealth a poi..i do use the bow and stealth and would be happy to teach you how to play the game.  Many others use the bow and stealth as well. 

One of the best silent weapons in the game.  If you know how to play using bows and stealth and if you don't know how you call it useless 🤔🤔🤔.

I clear t5s with the compound bow with radiated zs in it without waking them.. there is 1 example.  Learn how to use the bow and stealth and you to can think the bow and stealth are awesome.  

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

25 minutes ago, stallionsden said:

Lmao.

Do you need someone to teach you how to use the bow.. maybe how to stealth a poi..i do use the bow and stealth and would be happy to teach you how to play the game.  Many others use the bow and stealth as well. 

One of the best silent weapons in the game.  If you know how to play using bows and stealth and if you don't know how you call it useless 🤔🤔🤔.

I clear t5s with the compound bow with radiated zs in it without waking them.. therrbis 1 example.  Learn how to use the bow and stealth and you to can think the bow and stealth are awesome.  

Man, you play the warrior difficulty and you stealthing from something, why are you writing about the personal skills to play? 😂

I still do not see the conditions in which I should choose a bow and stealth, not an AK/shotgun and barter/adventurer. All your cool stories have no weight yet

24 minutes ago, stallionsden said:

Many others use the bow and stealth as well. 

One of the best silent weapons in the game.

100% on board with that. My wife only uses the bows and crossbows, old Skyrim habit. I by myself use silenced guns only for testing them out currently, but will defenitely switch back to the Compound bow after that.

With high enough stealth and light armor at max, you can go up to a sleeper and point the arrow directly at their face, one-shooting them every time. Another plus side: They are completely silent. When clearing a skyscraper I really dont want a screamer to interrupt me.

But even silenced guns generate heat. And that is an absolutely correct design decision. Everyone who was shooting silenced by themself will tell you, that silenced guns are NOT silent.

I will mention, after hyping the bow, that maces are equally wonderful. They generate no heat and you one-hit _most_ zombies with a running flung at max perk.

6 minutes ago, bachgaman said:

Man, you play the warrior difficulty and you stealthing from something, why are you writing about the personal skills to play? 😂

I still do not see the conditions in which I should choose a bow and stealth, not an AK/shotgun and barter/adventurer. All your cool stories have no weight yet

Different people prefer different play styles. No one has more or less weoght because he or she enjoys to playing their games another way. Thats the wonderfull thing with most games. You can choose between different styles. You can choose the one thats fun for YOU.

11 minutes ago, Mistwraith said:

Different people prefer different play styles. No one has more or less weoght because he or she enjoys to playing their games another way. Thats the wonderfull thing with most games. You can choose between different styles. You can choose the one thats fun for YOU.

We could call these "different styles" if they gave the same result. This is not the case. Playing with bow and stealth on Warrior difficulty is like riding a bike with square wheels.

Would you say that riding with square wheels is a different style of bike handling? I would not say so. I would find a better word

1 minute ago, bachgaman said:

We could call these "different styles" if they gave the same result. This is not the case. Playing with bow and stealth on Warrior difficulty is like riding a bike with square wheels.

Would you say that riding with square wheels is a different style of bike handling? I would not say so. I would find a better word

I would call it "enoyable".

Sometimes I just want to murder a crapton of mobs, thats the time Serious Sam has to be dusted off again, or a game from the Borderlands series.

Another time I want my hardcore RPG strategy, and Dragon Age and the like deliver.

And another time I want my Survival/Crafting game and have the feeling I have to sneak around in zombie infested areas that are lethal to me when detected.

Its just a question of my current mood for me. Am I in the mood for stealth kills, sneaking away and feeling threatened? Then its 7DTD. For action, I have plenty of other games.

Am I in the mood for ripping apart gang members with mantis blades while listening to metal music? Then its Cyberpunk2077 today.

Different people have fun with different experiences. And handicapping yourself IS enjoyable for some players. Me included. Not every time. Not in every game. But in a survival game I was looking for survival, not for Call of Duty.

If you enjoy the Call of Duty style in 7DTD, if its fun to you, then go for it and let me wish you fun and good loot.

But its not always about efficiency. Games are also about emotions.

58 minutes ago, bachgaman said:

Well ofc you have to actually be skilled and patient to be able to use a bow and stealth.  🤔🥱😉

58 minutes ago, Mistwraith said:

100% on board with that. My wife only uses the bows and crossbows, old Skyrim habit. I by myself use silenced guns only for testing them out currently, but will defenitely switch back to the Compound bow after that.

With high enough stealth and light armor at max, you can go up to a sleeper and point the arrow directly at their face, one-shooting them every time. Another plus side: They are completely silent. When clearing a skyscraper I really dont want a screamer to interrupt me.

But even silenced guns generate heat. And that is an absolutely correct design decision. Everyone who was shooting silenced by themself will tell you, that silenced guns are NOT silent.

I will mention, after hyping the bow, that maces are equally wonderful. They generate no heat and you one-hit _most_ zombies with a running flung at max perk.

Yep agree is what is great about this game so many ways to play. Just a shame someone thinks we should have to play the game their way  

But yeh agree stealthing a sky scraper or a t5 is great. Agree with the silenced weapons  tho I don't know bout the silencer on a shotgun lol seems weird to me. But some put it on it.

All to them to. 

5 hours ago, bachgaman said:

This is a ridiculous argument. Who are you to criticize how someone else plays the game? If they get more enjoyment out of killing Zs with a bow instead of a gun, more power to them. It actually takes more skill to do it this way, so he (and the hundreds if not thousands of others who play this way) are getting more out of the experience.

5 hours ago, bachgaman said:

Calling serious BS on this one.  I watch my husband take them out all the time with a bow using his stealth build. Hell, I've seen him sneak up on a zed and stab them in the head with a hunting knife and one shot them. And yes, we play on Warrior. So stealth and the bow works just fine. Sounds like operator error to me.

6 hours ago, bachgaman said:

Guess what? People play the game in different ways? That does not make their way wrong as you imply here. If we all played the same way what a boring world we would live in.

• Crater Creator changed the title to A20 Developer Diary Discussions