Jump to content

Developer Diary Discussions


Roland

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Gamida said:

Is there anyway they could add a timer under the queue of the forge, campfire or any other thing that uses fuel. Would be nice if it gave a total burn time of queued items so I could add the correct amount of fuel (yes lol I have added fiber to my forge and campfires to get the time to the second to not waste fuel). Maybe it is easy to figure out but after a long day of bashing zombies and running from dogs I don't want to do math...my head hurts :)

I second this!

 

Sure, it's merely a simple quality of life addition...maybe along with that slot locking mechanic in the back pack that I've seen on some "m" word playthroughs. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/10/2021 at 22:31, Blake_ said:

¡Hola Diego y bienvenido a los foros! Se espera que Alpha 20 EXPERIMENTAL salga antes de Navidad. Quizás antes de diciembre.

 

Recuerde que estos foros están exclusivamente en inglés para facilitar la comunicación entre jugadores y desarrolladores.

  Revelar contenidos ocultos

¡Hola Diego y bienvenido a este foro ! Se espera que la Alpha 20 (versión EXPERIMENTAL) salga antes de Navidad. Quizá antes de Diciembre.

 

Por favor, recuerda que estos foros están exclusivamente en inglés para facilitar la comunicación entre jugadores y desarrolladores.

 

Herramientas como Google Translator podrían ayudarte a expresarte mejor en estos foros, si tienes problemas con el inglés.

 

¡Un saludo!

 

Thank you very much sorry for the inconvenience I look forward to the alpha 20

On 8/10/2021 at 21:59, hiemfire said:

Están planeando el Experimental Público de A20 a fines de este mes, octubre. La primera versión estable de A20 debería estar dentro de unas pocas semanas después de eso, dependiendo de los errores y fallas que encuentre un grupo de prueba más amplio.

Thank you very much I look forward to the alpha 20

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/9/2021 at 9:44 AM, Matt115 said:

Well newsstands are just perfect: they give you money, warms, safe. 

unsymmetrical things hurts my eyes!  geez if zombie outbreake happens and if i saw 1 shoe or sock or glove zombie i gone kill this zombie and take off this one unymmetrical thing!!!!!!.

Well i don't undestand why devs don't added skeleton yet! they have even skeleton inside them! @unholyjoe could you inform TFP that skeletons are very important thing for setting gameplay and sales?😀 

Do you work in a newstand by chance? Lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Do you work in a newstand by chance? Lol

unfortunatly nope 😕 a lot of small shops fall since 2015 . So i have nearby only supermarkets.

Well i have only few good's memories in my live and most of them are connected with newsstands XD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

unfortunatly nope 😕 a lot of small shops fall since 2015 . So i have nearby only supermarkets.

Well i have only few good's memories in my live and most of them are connected with newsstands XD

I lost my virginity in a news stand......ah memories 😍😜😁

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Outlaw_187 said:

I lost my virginity in a news stand......ah memories 😍😜😁

XD nope - just for long time i just had been talking only with with newsstand owner XD  so this a little bit sad XD 

More places i like - forest , train station and that's all XD.

Btw i'm as so i'm even anti @SnowDog1942 version.

So XD but there is a lot of positive things in live. Cats, cola, skeletons, history,guns, walking barefoot in forest,  tea, pizza, symmetrical things, hot places, public executions , when update is coming faster etc XD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Roland unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, pregnable said:

Pretty sure I said this before, but maybe not...

 

Since the usefulness of stealth comes up every so often, it would be cool if bows, crossbows, and maybe knives, kept part of their sneak attack bonus, when they are sneaking, but have been discovered. 

 

Maybe something like 50%, or whatever balance dictates.  Maybe on the last rank of a skill. 

 

That way stealth is still useful on horde night, and also works when POI triggers auto break stealth. 

I very much doubt that stealth can ever be useful. 

Perhaps in the early days on insane nightmare, but believe me, you will not kill many of them with a bow😂

  • Have a Cookie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bachgaman said:

I very much doubt that stealth can ever be useful. 

Perhaps in the early days on insane nightmare, but believe me, you will not kill many of them with a bow😂

Do you play the game. I kill radiated all the time in stealth 1 shots.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, bachgaman said:

Do you read the post.

You mean the bit where you said a bow won't do much  🙄🙄🙄.  

 

Or the bit where you said stealth wasn't very useful.. which both those statements are wrong hence why I don't think you play the game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, stallionsden said:

You mean the bit where you said a bow won't do much  🙄🙄🙄.  

 

Or the bit where you said stealth wasn't very useful.. which both those statements are wrong hence why I don't think you play the game. 

 

Although the conversation was not about that, but yes. Both are useless @%$#. Try to prove that it is not so. Give the conditions in which the choice of stealth and bow will be optimal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bachgaman said:

 

Although the conversation was not about that, but yes. Both are useless @%$#. Try to prove that it is not so. Give the conditions in which the choice of stealth and bow will be optimal.

Lmao.

 

Do you need someone to teach you how to use the bow.. maybe how to stealth a poi..i do use the bow and stealth and would be happy to teach you how to play the game.  Many others use the bow and stealth as well. 

 

One of the best silent weapons in the game.  If you know how to play using bows and stealth and if you don't know how you call it useless 🤔🤔🤔.

 

I clear t5s with the compound bow with radiated zs in it without waking them.. there is 1 example.  Learn how to use the bow and stealth and you to can think the bow and stealth are awesome.  

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, stallionsden said:

Lmao.

 

Do you need someone to teach you how to use the bow.. maybe how to stealth a poi..i do use the bow and stealth and would be happy to teach you how to play the game.  Many others use the bow and stealth as well. 

 

One of the best silent weapons in the game.  If you know how to play using bows and stealth and if you don't know how you call it useless 🤔🤔🤔.

 

I clear t5s with the compound bow with radiated zs in it without waking them.. therrbis 1 example.  Learn how to use the bow and stealth and you to can think the bow and stealth are awesome.  

 

Man, you play the warrior difficulty and you stealthing from something, why are you writing about the personal skills to play? 😂

 

I still do not see the conditions in which I should choose a bow and stealth, not an AK/shotgun and barter/adventurer. All your cool stories have no weight yet

  • Dislike 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, stallionsden said:

Many others use the bow and stealth as well. 

 

One of the best silent weapons in the game.

 

100% on board with that. My wife only uses the bows and crossbows, old Skyrim habit. I by myself use silenced guns only for testing them out currently, but will defenitely switch back to the Compound bow after that.

With high enough stealth and light armor at max, you can go up to a sleeper and point the arrow directly at their face, one-shooting them every time. Another plus side: They are completely silent. When clearing a skyscraper I really dont want a screamer to interrupt me.

 

But even silenced guns generate heat. And that is an absolutely correct design decision. Everyone who was shooting silenced by themself will tell you, that silenced guns are NOT silent.

 

I will mention, after hyping the bow, that maces are equally wonderful. They generate no heat and you one-hit _most_ zombies with a running flung at max perk.

6 minutes ago, bachgaman said:

 

Man, you play the warrior difficulty and you stealthing from something, why are you writing about the personal skills to play? 😂

 

I still do not see the conditions in which I should choose a bow and stealth, not an AK/shotgun and barter/adventurer. All your cool stories have no weight yet

 

Different people prefer different play styles. No one has more or less weoght because he or she enjoys to playing their games another way. Thats the wonderfull thing with most games. You can choose between different styles. You can choose the one thats fun for YOU.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Mistwraith said:

Different people prefer different play styles. No one has more or less weoght because he or she enjoys to playing their games another way. Thats the wonderfull thing with most games. You can choose between different styles. You can choose the one thats fun for YOU.

 

 

We could call these "different styles" if they gave the same result. This is not the case. Playing with bow and stealth on Warrior difficulty is like riding a bike with square wheels.

 

 

Would you say that riding with square wheels is a different style of bike handling? I would not say so. I would find a better word

  • Dislike 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, bachgaman said:

 

 

We could call these "different styles" if they gave the same result. This is not the case. Playing with bow and stealth on Warrior difficulty is like riding a bike with square wheels.

 

 

Would you say that riding with square wheels is a different style of bike handling? I would not say so. I would find a better word

 

I would call it "enoyable".

Sometimes I just want to murder a crapton of mobs, thats the time Serious Sam has to be dusted off again, or a game from the Borderlands series.

Another time I want my hardcore RPG strategy, and Dragon Age and the like deliver.

And another time I want my Survival/Crafting game and have the feeling I have to sneak around in zombie infested areas that are lethal to me when detected.

 

Its just a question of my current mood for me. Am I in the mood for stealth kills, sneaking away and feeling threatened? Then its 7DTD. For action, I have plenty of other games.

Am I in the mood for ripping apart gang members with mantis blades while listening to metal music? Then its Cyberpunk2077 today.

 

Different people have fun with different experiences. And handicapping yourself IS enjoyable for some players. Me included. Not every time. Not in every game. But in a survival game I was looking for survival, not for Call of Duty.

 

If you enjoy the Call of Duty style in 7DTD, if its fun to you, then go for it and let me wish you fun and good loot.

But its not always about efficiency. Games are also about emotions.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, bachgaman said:

 

Man, you play the warrior difficulty and you stealthing from something, why are you writing about the personal skills to play? 😂

 

I still do not see the conditions in which I should choose a bow and stealth, not an AK/shotgun and barter/adventurer. All your cool stories have no weight yet

Well ofc you have to actually be skilled and patient to be able to use a bow and stealth.  🤔🥱😉

58 minutes ago, Mistwraith said:

 

100% on board with that. My wife only uses the bows and crossbows, old Skyrim habit. I by myself use silenced guns only for testing them out currently, but will defenitely switch back to the Compound bow after that.

With high enough stealth and light armor at max, you can go up to a sleeper and point the arrow directly at their face, one-shooting them every time. Another plus side: They are completely silent. When clearing a skyscraper I really dont want a screamer to interrupt me.

 

But even silenced guns generate heat. And that is an absolutely correct design decision. Everyone who was shooting silenced by themself will tell you, that silenced guns are NOT silent.

 

I will mention, after hyping the bow, that maces are equally wonderful. They generate no heat and you one-hit _most_ zombies with a running flung at max perk.

 

Different people prefer different play styles. No one has more or less weoght because he or she enjoys to playing their games another way. Thats the wonderfull thing with most games. You can choose between different styles. You can choose the one thats fun for YOU.

Yep agree is what is great about this game so many ways to play. Just a shame someone thinks we should have to play the game their way  

 

But yeh agree stealthing a sky scraper or a t5 is great. Agree with the silenced weapons  tho I don't know bout the silencer on a shotgun lol seems weird to me. But some put it on it.

 

All to them to. 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, bachgaman said:

 

 

We could call these "different styles" if they gave the same result. This is not the case. Playing with bow and stealth on Warrior difficulty is like riding a bike with square wheels.

 

 

Would you say that riding with square wheels is a different style of bike handling? I would not say so. I would find a better word

This is a ridiculous argument. Who are you to criticize how someone else plays the game? If they get more enjoyment out of killing Zs with a bow instead of a gun, more power to them. It actually takes more skill to do it this way, so he (and the hundreds if not thousands of others who play this way) are getting more out of the experience.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, bachgaman said:

 

 

We could call these "different styles" if they gave the same result. This is not the case. Playing with bow and stealth on Warrior difficulty is like riding a bike with square wheels.

 

 

 

Calling serious BS on this one.  I watch my husband take them out all the time with a bow using his stealth build. Hell, I've seen him sneak up on a zed and stab them in the head with a hunting knife and one shot them. And yes, we play on Warrior. So stealth and the bow works just fine. Sounds like operator error to me.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...