A20 Developer Diary Discussions

Roland

44 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

That'd require the Nexus Launcher (Vortex) to work properly with just basic XML mods.

Spoiler. It doesn't. ;)

Weird, and kind of crazy. (How hard is it to move something into a folder?)

Regardless - given how many users either don't use C# mods now, or get confused about the process and bug mod authors (something I'm pretty sure you can relate to), I still think this is one of the most significant changes to the game.

On 10/7/2021 at 7:10 PM, Laz Man said:

Its cool to appreciate any given aspect of development.  However, its a team effort and there is no reason to draw lines which component is  greater/lessor.

I would blame it on Gazz. It's just easier. He can handle it. A system programmer with hair? come on! Even Robert is getting a big face from all those Desert mesas!

Btw. Are you allowed to confirm if the remade Trader POIs will make it in time for a20?

3 hours ago, Roland said:

Poll is up in General Discussions. I throw rocks frequently and for different reasons which I shared and hopefully others will share why they throw rocks as well. I don't think throwing rocks defeats the purpose of playing. I think it greatly enhances it and I'm glad it is a feature. I think that throwing a rock at and hitting a player in the head should have a high degree of probability of causing a concussion debuff. That would be hilarious.

That is exactly what I mean. How many throw the rocks for their intended purpose.

I would love to clock one of my buddies in the head, I would love a snowball fight option, I would love throwing dye at someone to change their color scheme.

Throwing rocks to distract zombies sounds great until you realize it is more fun to fight them.

3 minutes ago, Diego said:

Buenas noches alguna novedad de la fecha de lanzamiento de alpha 20

They're planning for the Public Experimental of A20 around the end of this month, October. First stable version of A20 should be within a few weeks after that depending what bugs and glitches a broader test group finds.

27 minutes ago, Diego said:

Buenas noches alguna novedad de la fecha de lanzamiento de alpha 20

Hello Diego and welcome to the forums ! Alpha 20 EXPERIMENTAL is expected to come out before Christmas. Maybe sooner than December.

Please remember that these forums are exclusively in english to facilitate communication between players and developers.

Spoiler

¡Hola Diego y bienvenido a este foro ! Se espera que la Alpha 20 (versión EXPERIMENTAL) salga antes de Navidad. Quizá antes de Diciembre.

Por favor, recuerda que estos foros están exclusivamente en inglés para facilitar la comunicación entre jugadores y desarrolladores.

Herramientas como Google Translator podrían ayudarte a expresarte mejor en estos foros, si tienes problemas con el inglés.

¡Un saludo!

17 hours ago, Roland said:

Poll is up in General Discussions. I throw rocks frequently and for different reasons which I shared and hopefully others will share why they throw rocks as well. I don't think throwing rocks defeats the purpose of playing. I think it greatly enhances it and I'm glad it is a feature. I think that throwing a rock at and hitting a player in the head should have a high degree of probability of causing a concussion debuff. That would be hilarious.

If it ever gets added to game make sure to talk them into making it like explosives. Explosives can kill players even if allied. Rocks should damage even allies. I mean come on, you are hitting your team mate in head with a rock at close range. :)

21 hours ago, Matt115 said:

Honestly hard to say : i remember when one guy what notironicaly want to change 7dtd into mix of 7dtd and medival dynasty so people ideas are crazy sometimes

So true.....also crazy people are obsessed with news stands & freaking out over unsymmetrical things...such as zombies with only 1 shoe & the such...😜

15 minutes ago, mstdv inc said:

@faatal is it possible, at least in theory, to get the opportunity to see the destruction of wooden and damage to stone/concrete buildings from a strong wind/sand or snow storm? 
The weather is like another enemy for the player and his buildings!

This may sound abit crazy but some bigger weather threats like a Tronado would be really cool. They dont have to be that big that would destroy entire landscapes but a rather smaller Tornado that causes some chaos that would force the player to leave the area for a short period of time would be very cool and a interesting game mechanic.

2 minutes ago, BenZ0 said:

This may sound abit crazy but some bigger weather threats like a Tronado would be really cool. They dont have to be that big that would destroy entire landscapes but a rather smaller Tornado that causes some chaos that would force the player to leave the area for a short period of time would be very cool and a interesting game mechanic.

while it may sound like fun... problem is... we wont probably support tronados. :)

tornados on the other hand sound better (yes... simmer down just funni')  :)

but in any event unless someone can mod something like that, then i doubt it will be added as it would be a new feature and even more time consuming code when the devs at tfp want to get this show on the road and get to gold asap (within their scope). just keep hoping tho as we never know what can happen.

1 hour ago, Outlaw_187 said:

So true.....also crazy people are obsessed with news stands & freaking out over unsymmetrical things...such as zombies with only 1 shoe & the such...😜

Well newsstands are just perfect: they give you money, warms, safe. 

unsymmetrical things hurts my eyes!  geez if zombie outbreake happens and if i saw 1 shoe or sock or glove zombie i gone kill this zombie and take off this one unymmetrical thing!!!!!!.

Well i don't undestand why devs don't added skeleton yet! they have even skeleton inside them! @unholyjoe could you inform TFP that skeletons are very important thing for setting gameplay and sales?😀 

24 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

Well newsstands are just perfect: they give you money, warms, safe. 

Can we be honest for just a moment? Zombies in this game would rip through a newsstand like it was made of tissue paper and a newsstand is completely open on one side and not fully enclosed.

So...

money: maybe

warms: no

safe: heeelll nooooo!!!

49 minutes ago, Roland said:

Can we be honest for just a moment? Zombies in this game would rip through a newsstand like it was made of tissue paper and a newsstand is completely open on one side and not fully enclosed.

So...

money: maybe

warms: no

safe: heeelll nooooo!!!

so here came matt perfect balances  newsstand protect system   - X newstand  w wall s spike t turret

sssssssssssswwwwwwwwsssssssssssssssssss

sssssssssssw        X       wsssssssssssssssssss

ssssssssssssw                wssssssssssssssssss 

sssssssssssw  T            T  wsssssssssssssssssss

sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

AND REMEMBER MY DEAREST FRIENDS : THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH OF SPIKES! NEVER 

and skeletens! ofc

16 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

so here came matt perfect balances  newsstand protect system   - X newstand  w wall s spike t turret

sssssssssssswwwwwwwwsssssssssssssssssss

sssssssssssw        X       wsssssssssssssssssss

AND REMEMBER MY DEAREST FRIENDS : THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH OF SPIKES! NEVER 

and skeletens! ofc

3 minutes later...

z z z z z z z z z

z z z z z    

sssssssssssswww z wwwwsssssssssssssssssss

sssssssssssw      z X       wsssssssssssssssssss

3 minutes ago, Roland said:

3 minutes later...

z z z z z z z z z

z z z z z    

sssssssssssswww z wwwwsssssssssssssssssss

sssssssssssw      z X       wsssssssssssssssssss

Well quiet easy just tons of ammo, Wojtek , ak47 1 aid kits and......... torches and everything will be okay i'm sure about that. and next day you just make more spike!!!!!

4 hours ago, BenZ0 said:

Well. I`m not sure how much a given player would derive from tornadoes ripping through POIs - looks stunning usually on the marketing materials and that`s all.

I hope that the devs will focus on the weather changes, extreme weather conditions also. I`m pretty sure PIMPs can deliver something interesting, so the world will look as less static and believable as possible in this manner.

I would really appreciate some simulation of the weather indeed. The direction of the wind impacts snow particles, raindrops, not only grass and tree branches but changes the direction of clouds also - right now there is a spinning skybox in a circle. Simple things that change the perception of the game and the surrounding world. For example, blowing wind in the snow biome could cause hypothermia way faster. In the desert mini sandstorms may limit your vision, raise body temperature and cause faster dehydration, slower the players' movement in one direction, and so on. In such circumstances players would really have to fight for survival in the nearest POI, clear it or wait some short period of time in the shelter. Thanks to that not only the icon on the HUD, or some code actually represents what`s about to happen to a player. That`s the one step towards the survival aspects of the game.

Another great rework would be some "weight system", backpacks, toolbelts between 6-12 slots perhaps someday. I believe that the community would tackle the ore weight aspect one way or another.

1 hour ago, TWORDY said:

Another great rework would be some "weight system", backpacks, toolbelts between 6-12 slots perhaps someday. I believe that the community would tackle the ore weight aspect one way or another.

Just play Undead Legacy, there's your weight system

Is there anyway they could add a timer under the queue of the forge, campfire or any other thing that uses fuel. Would be nice if it gave a total burn time of queued items so I could add the correct amount of fuel (yes lol I have added fiber to my forge and campfires to get the time to the second to not waste fuel). Maybe it is easy to figure out but after a long day of bashing zombies and running from dogs I don't want to do math...my head hurts :)

13 hours ago, Gamida said:

Is there anyway they could add a timer under the queue of the forge, campfire or any other thing that uses fuel. Would be nice if it gave a total burn time of queued items so I could add the correct amount of fuel (yes lol I have added fiber to my forge and campfires to get the time to the second to not waste fuel). Maybe it is easy to figure out but after a long day of bashing zombies and running from dogs I don't want to do math...my head hurts :)

I second this!

Sure, it's merely a simple quality of life addition...maybe along with that slot locking mechanic in the back pack that I've seen on some "m" word playthroughs. 

On 8/10/2021 at 22:31, Blake_ said:

¡Hola Diego y bienvenido a los foros! Se espera que Alpha 20 EXPERIMENTAL salga antes de Navidad. Quizás antes de diciembre.

Recuerde que estos foros están exclusivamente en inglés para facilitar la comunicación entre jugadores y desarrolladores.

Revelar contenidos ocultos

¡Hola Diego y bienvenido a este foro ! Se espera que la Alpha 20 (versión EXPERIMENTAL) salga antes de Navidad. Quizá antes de Diciembre.

Por favor, recuerda que estos foros están exclusivamente en inglés para facilitar la comunicación entre jugadores y desarrolladores.

Herramientas como Google Translator podrían ayudarte a expresarte mejor en estos foros, si tienes problemas con el inglés.

¡Un saludo!

Thank you very much sorry for the inconvenience I look forward to the alpha 20

On 8/10/2021 at 21:59, hiemfire said:

Están planeando el Experimental Público de A20 a fines de este mes, octubre. La primera versión estable de A20 debería estar dentro de unas pocas semanas después de eso, dependiendo de los errores y fallas que encuentre un grupo de prueba más amplio.

Thank you very much I look forward to the alpha 20