A20 Developer Diary Discussions

Roland

3 hours ago, bilibili-wayne said:

Hey team, I appear again! At present, I brought you a few questions, most players. , of course, this is after I summarize, actually is main or to delete is not necessary to ask questions (for example, player to brush the 50 zombies, said computer is very card).

The third episode of the 1 - A20 video when hair? Or release probably determine the time?

2 - can in A20, restore a zombie will climb a wall of spider come back?

3 - beamon behemoth has a plan to return? Too many players said: in the late game, almost every week is repeated. Wants to see a team of 5 levels of task to add a similar construction in the existence of the super BOSS! But it (he? Her?) Will not leave the task structure.

Unofficial answers:

3 - The behemoth is gone, but more boss zombies (like the Demolisher) seem to be planned.

2 - I don't think the spider will be changed, but maybe a boss zombie will get that ability

1 - I suspect the next video will be published shortly before christmas

Your translation software has not worked well.

1 hour ago, meganoth said:

Unofficial answers:

3 - The behemoth is gone, but more boss zombies (like the Demolisher) seem to be planned.

2 - I don't think the spider will be changed, but maybe a boss zombie will get that ability

1 - I suspect the next video will be published shortly before christmas

Your translation software has not worked well.

too be fair the spider zombies climb was rather poor so i don't miss it lol

i like the leap, the leap could be better! but it works 

(should be named the grasshopper zombie)

2 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

too be fair the spider zombies climb was rather poor so i don't miss it lol

i like the leap, the leap could be better! but it works 

(should be named the grasshopper zombie)

I agree, the new spider hops on platforms that other zombies can only admire from a distance.

I wouldn't mind having ALL the Zds climbing with their arms and legs ( not like the former spider climbing, lol). It is quite difficult to do right though, given the block collisions and clipping and all. 

Yet a teleporting Zd that Zaps/travels inside a base in a foggy particle cloud would be awesome though. Imagine the jumpscare moments.

when come optimization for more FPS, i play with 2-3 friend and when blood moon come we stay toghether and all have FPS drop at 8-15 FPS after Blood Moon and all zombie die, i put game FULL settings i have outside 45-60 FPS i make some custom setting outside i have 60-80 but fluctuate all time and i dont have a bad laptop I7-8750H Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB 16GB ram SSD M.2 1T  is a beautiful game but require a Rocket PC with I7 10 generation and GTX 1080 or RTX  

Edited by Iustinian (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Iustinian said:

when come optimization for more FPS, i play with 2-3 friend and when blood moon come we stay toghether and all have FPS drop at 8-15 FPS after Blood Moon and all zombie die, i put game FULL settings i have outside 45-60 FPS i make some custom setting outside i have 60-80 but fluctuate all time and i dont have a bad laptop I7-8750H Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB 16GB ram SSD M.2 1T  is a beautiful game but require a Rocket PC with I7 10 generation and GTX 1080 or RTX  

EN:I think I seem to answer your questions. The game because of own (all terrain can damage), I think I seem to answer your questions. The game because of own (all terrain can damage), there will be a similar to the problem of "my world". Is each zombie, each square with CPU independent calculation. So, when you and your friends to get together, there was a blood moon, the number of zombies will be multiplied by the number of players! I remember I and my friends are a total of five players, at the time of visit A16 version, 196 days, the blood in my sniper rifle to reload all need to wait about 4 to 6 seconds, and we also build the server, to decrease the pressure of the computer player! So, three sets of solution: 1 - before resist blood moon, let the host or server restart the game at a time, ensure enough memory and CPU resources to spare, so can reduce a little bit about the blood moon the beginning time of card degree. 2 - increasing memory! Now my computer is the 32 gb 2400 MHZ, but in A19 double game, still will be caton, even some zombies will card where (you can still attack it or kill him). 3 - change better CPU. Used to improve the CPU computing power. But I would suggest that if you want to replace the computer hardware, three kinds of solutions are used together is better! I wish you a pleasant game! (the above machine translation, my English is bad, can only rely on computer translation, sorry!)

CN:我想我似乎能解答你的问题。该游戏由于自身的原因(全地形可破坏),会出现一个类似“我的世界”的问题。就是每个丧尸,每个方块都会用CPU进行独立计算。所以,当你和你的朋友们聚集在一起,遇到血月的时候,丧尸数量是会乘以玩家数量的!我记得我和我的朋友们一共5位玩家,在游玩A16版本的时候,196天,那次血月我的狙击枪重新装填都需要等大约4-6秒钟,而且我们还建设了服务器,以用来降低玩家电脑的压力!所以,三套方案:1-在抵御血月前,让主机或者服务器重新启动一次游戏,保证内存和CPU的空余资源够多,这样能稍微降低一下血月一开始时候的卡顿程度。2-加大内存!目前我的电脑已经是32GB  2400MHZ了,但是在A19的双人游戏中,依旧会有所卡顿,甚至有的丧尸会卡在原地不动(你依然可以攻击它或者杀死他)。3-更换更好的CPU。用来提升CPU的计算能力。不过我建议,如果你打算更换电脑硬件,3种方案都一起使用效果更好!祝你游戏愉快!(以上机器翻译,我的英语不好,只能依赖电脑翻译了,抱歉!)

11 hours ago, Blake_ said:

I wouldn't mind having ALL the Zds climbing with their arms and legs ( not like the former spider climbing, lol). It is quite difficult to do right though, given the block collisions and clipping and all. 

Yet a teleporting Zd that Zaps/travels inside a base in a foggy particle cloud would be awesome though. Imagine the jumpscare moments.

@Roland: I wish there was a "scared" reaction to topics... :yo:

16 hours ago, Blake_ said:

Maybe when they are feral!
Not normally
(if there eyes glow they do this)

i always dreamed of feral zombies being scary due to there agility and there persistence
(able to climb walls (poorly but still able to), leap farther, able to Block attacks for the cost of their arm , hop on cars, , Roaring to lure more zombies,  When they turn into clawlers they Crawl themselves to you at a fast speed and Leaping! Able to infect you faste.  Having blood Red eyes and veins....

That would make people S*^t their paints, that would madmole Hide, it would make me not want to go out at night, it would make roland want to knuckle rub himself to death! 

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

4 hours ago, beHypE said:

A new tool to pickup any deco block in POIs would be one of the most welcome additions for my player group. But performance reasons for people who would abuse it somehow makes it a bad idea...

I'm not talking about "Coffee Machine" type decos, I'm talking about normal deco items you can already only buy in the shop (not craftable).

Unless you're implying that by picking up that item you can somehow duplicate it... (in that case it would be true for any other object you can pick up).

Edited by Jost Amman (see edit history)

7 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

I'm not talking about "Coffee Machine" type decos, I'm talking about normal deco items you can already only buy in the shop (not craftable).

Unless you're implying that by picking up that item you can somehow duplicate it... (in that case it would be true for any other object you can pick up).

If I'm not mistaken, I believe you can craft lockers.

They are metal furniture/storage I believe.

Good afternoon nights.

Hey, I was one of those who always answers "when it's done" or "when it's ready" but I'm looking forward to renting an sv in FNX and well, I wanted to know if a stable 19.4 is coming, EVEN IF IT IS AN APPROACH, I'm not asking for precision. Greetings to all and thanks MM and Faatal for all the patches and fixes 🙂

1 hour ago, rubens9311 said:

Good afternoon nights.

Hey, I was one of those who always answers "when it's done" or "when it's ready" but I'm looking forward to renting an sv in FNX and well, I wanted to know if a stable 19.4 is coming, EVEN IF IT IS AN APPROACH, I'm not asking for precision. Greetings to all and thanks MM and Faatal for all the patches and fixes 🙂

is a19.4 coming?.... yes? maybe
when?.... no date/when its done or when its ready

:)
QA Tester-unholyjoe

Edited by unholyjoe
forgot spoiler tag (see edit history)

23 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

@faatal Christmas wish for A20... stealth would be MUCH more valuable if firing a gun would always have a chance to summon a horde (like the screamer). :cool2:

Stealth would also be higher value if they eliminated sneak damage bonus or at least halve it without investment. A single point into Hidden Strike is sufficient enough to never look back at Agility.

Edited by Perlin_Worm (see edit history)