A20 Developer Diary Discussions

Roland

11 hours ago, Dares said:

I have an opposite problem. I have massive fps drops in my base at around 23 o clock. It drops from 50fps to 20. After midnight it goes back to normal. Playing on random map and even changed the time with settime (it worked), but almost every day is the same problem. Anyone had the same ?

Do you have a bunch of electrical timer relays set up for that time? 

32 minutes ago, samljer said:

Or the vegetarian zombie in this photo

spacer.png

I'm going to trying out the Vegan Challenge sometime in A20, and from what I've heard, it's exceptionally difficult. As far as I know, the complete list of edible foods would be as follows: raw corn, raw potatoes, raw yucca, blueberries, baked potatoes, cornbread, corn on the cob, cornmeal, yucca juice smoothies, canned peas, canned pears, raw pumpkins, pumpkin bread(?), snowberries, and vegetable stew. Am I missing anything?

(Note: I am unsure if you can eat raw mushrooms. I would think you could though.)

1 hour ago, MechanicalLens said:

I'm going to trying out the Vegan Challenge sometime in A20, and from what I've heard, it's exceptionally difficult. As far as I know, the complete list of edible foods would be as follows: raw corn, raw potatoes, raw yucca, blueberries, baked potatoes, cornbread, corn on the cob, cornmeal, yucca juice smoothies, canned peas, canned pears, raw pumpkins, pumpkin bread(?), snowberries, and vegetable stew. Am I missing anything?

(Note: I am unsure if you can eat raw mushrooms. I would think you could though.)

Funnily enough im doing that now, got the idea from Glock9.

Its was very savage at the start.

Getting hard again because the food bar is up near 200.

Filling it is pretty insane.

If i had to do it again id probably allow only animal fat from zombie animals; and make vegetable stews.

There just comes a point where 5-10 food isnt going to cut it when you need 20 to 40 of that item at a time. every 2 days.

2 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

I think you would be okay with the canned pasta.  When you make spaghetti dish in the game, you have to add Canned Beef so I always assume that the canned pasta was in a spaghetti sauce and not a meat sauce.

The can of stock is definitely borderline, though you could just assume it is a vegetable stock or clear stock, and not chicken / beef stock.  Since you are already giving up so much of the other dishes since they contain either meat or eggs, I don't think including this one as allowable for would be ground shattering.  Unless you record your playing and post it onto YouTube, then your subscribers might give you hell

1 hour ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

If you are doing Vegan you shouldn’t have honey.

Honey is a stolen animal 

I was wrong, insects are considered animals….but they don’t fall under the same reason for mot eating as meat, dairy, or eggs.   Eating insects is really not the commercial exploitation that happens to cows, pigs, chicken, etc.

But if he wants, he can change the name from honey to maple syrup. 😁

Edited by BFT2020 (see edit history)

2 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

I think you would be okay with the canned pasta.  When you make spaghetti dish in the game, you have to add Canned Beef so I always assume that the canned pasta was in a spaghetti sauce and not a meat sauce.

The can of stock is definitely borderline, though you could just assume it is a vegetable stock or clear stock, and not chicken / beef stock.  Since you are already giving up so much of the other dishes since they contain either meat or eggs, I don't think including this one as allowable for would be ground shattering.  Unless you record your playing and post it onto YouTube, then your subscribers might give you hell

I'm pretty sure that eggs are used in the recipe to make the pasta noodles though.

Edit: Nevermind, miso paste is vegan-friendly, but the soup isn't since they use Dashi, which is fish.

Edited by MechanicalLens (see edit history)

9 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

I'm pretty sure that eggs are used in the recipe to make the pasta noodles though.

Edit: Nevermind, miso paste is vegan-friendly, but the soup isn't since they use Dashi, which is fish.

Oh I didn’t think of that.  Well, if you decided to become a vegetarian instead of a vegan, then eggs and fish would be okay. 😉

23 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

I was wrong, insects are considered animals….but they don’t fall under the same reason for mot eating as meat, dairy, or eggs.   Eating insects is really not the commercial exploitation that happens to cows, pigs, chicken, etc.

But if he wants, he can change the name from honey to maple syrup. 😁

Going way off topic I know this subject well. Vegans should not be confused with Vegetarians. 

Vegans will not use any animal product. Eggs would absolutely be on that list because even though the egg typically isn’t fertilized it has been taken from the Hen, thus it is stolen.

Same with honey, the bees produced the honey and it was stolen from them. Bees did not agree to have their food taken from them, the Hen shouldn’t have produced that egg. Same with dairy products the Cow produced that milk it is theirs and they shouldn’t have been encouraged to produce so much milk.

The list of forbidden foods regarding being a vegan is fascinating.

Vegans should not drink wine because it goes thru some kind of bone filter or something similar. Same with Sugar, most sugars have some kind of bone meal in them.

1 minute ago, BFT2020 said:

Oh I didn’t think of that.  Well, if you decided to become a vegetarian instead of a vegan, then eggs and fish would be okay. 😉

Then it would be called the Vegetarian Challenge and not the Vegan challenge, now wouldn't it? ;)

Nope, it's going to involve me living off off of two kinds of canned food while eating corn on the cob, yucca, baked potatoes, raw mushrooms, blueberries, and snowberries until I can eventually make vegetable stew and/or pumpkin bread somewhere along day 20-30, provided I don't starve to death at that point. Oh, and to not cheap the system by dying of starvation and then returning back at full hunger, it'll be permadeath. It'll be a challenge for sure.

The only excuse I'll make for killing animals in this challenge will be if they attack me first (but I will not harvest them) or if I spot a zombie animal, then they are fair game, even if it's only for gameplay reasons. That rotten flesh for the farm plots has to come from somewhere!

The only item I'll buy from the trader that involves animal products are candles. As for animal fat I find in the wild, I might use it to make torches or my own candles. Leader can only be collected by scrapping certain clothing, or if it's harvest from cars, couches, office chairs, etc.

4 minutes ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

Going way off topic I know this subject well. Vegans should not be confused with Vegetarians. 

Vegans will not use any animal product. Eggs would absolutely be on that list because even though the egg typically isn’t fertilized it has been taken from the Hen, thus it is stolen.

Same with honey, the bees produced the honey and it was stolen from them. Bees did not agree to have their food taken from them, the Hen shouldn’t have produced that egg. Same with dairy products the Cow produced that milk it is theirs and they shouldn’t have been encouraged to produce so much milk.

The list of forbidden foods regarding being a vegan is fascinating.

Vegans should not drink wine because it goes thru some kind of bone filter or something similar. Same with Sugar, most sugars have some kind of bone meal in them.

Looks at your excellent points, glances at your username. :D

19 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Then it would be called the Vegetarian Challenge and not the Vegan challenge, now wouldn't it? ;)

ummmmmmmm.......does that mean you cannot use glue (since it is made of bones), duct tape, leather, and anything made using leather.........  😝

12 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

ummmmmmmm.......does that mean you cannot use glue (since it is made of bones), duct tape, leather, and anything made using leather.........  😝

In true spirit, no. For progression reasons, yes. I'll be allowed to harvest leather from all sources except for living animals - the same goes for bones.

Here are the stipulations in a nutshell:

1. I cannot hunt game. This includes rabbits, chickens, bucks, does, or boars.

2. I cannot kill predatory animals unless they attack me first. If I kill them, I cannot harvest them. This includes snakes, mountain lions, wolves, dire wolves, and coyotes.

3. I will allow myself to kill and butcher zombie animals because, a) they're zombies anyway, and b) I need the rotten flesh for farm plots. This includes vultures, irradiated vultures, zombie bears, and zombie dogs.

4. Regarding leather and bones, I will be allowed to harvest them from all sources (couches, gore piles, etc.), except from the carcasses of living animals. I can use them however I see fit, with the exclusion of crafting dusters or ponchos. I won't be wearing these either, nor any attire that uses leather, such as cowboy hats and cowboy boots.

5. I am not allowed to break tree stumps for honey. I will not read the book that allows me to harvest honey from trees. I am debating if I should be allowed to use honey for the awesome sauce if I buy it from traders or if I find it in loot, or if I can buy candles. Probably not though.

6. I can consume the following foods: snowberries, blueberries, cans of peas, cans of pears, raw corn, raw pumpkins, raw potatoes, raw yucca, raw pumpkins, raw mushrooms, corn bread, cornmeal, corn on the cob, baked potatoes, yucca juice smoothies, pumpkin bread, and vegetable stews.

Edited by MechanicalLens (see edit history)

48 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

True vegetarianism believes in, and I quote "incultating tolerance towards all living beings". So because 7dtd Zds might not be strictly dead (as the virus might be in a symbiotic relationship with the host), then a vegetarian playthrough should result in the player not killing anything at all, only eating those plant-based foods (not painted cans)*, only crafting and buying stuff without animal-based items and basically refusing to play the game because everything in the game has in some form or another a fossil fuel-based part. *And petroleum fossil fuels often have a portion of insect and animal-related chemicals in them.

Don't get me started on vegan, lol.

Edited by Blake_ (see edit history)

5 hours ago, hiemfire said:

Um

Or did you mean @samljer that Vegetable Stew requires animal fat? If that is what you meant then you're incorrect.

1064884724_A19VegiStewRecipie.png.31a378b7d32518abeeffa3e1bdc9580e.png

animal fats AND animal stews.

with the dead flesh (like i said) that would allow the hobo stew as well.

I mean, theres a semicolon there, and the word "and"

I was pretty clear.

6 minutes ago, bdubyah said:

Man, y'all really trying to give Roland something to do, huh? Lol. 

Any chance we could get more pics of new rwg? Maybe areas other than the cities shown so far?

Yes! Maybe one of those those lootable trees that have the loot table of a bird's nest. :D

Feature request: In an extraordinarily unlikely situation you'll find a legit lootable tree. Give it the most overpowered loot table in the game. I want to search it and see augers, gyrocopters and 4x4 trucks, stacks of money, you name it. 😜

9 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

The challenge there seems to be surviving long enough to build a decent mushroom/potato/corn farm and perk up to the vegetable stew recipe. My standard endgame food supply is 90% that anyways b/c you can mass produce them in batches every time you harvest your farm. Once you get to that point, the challenge would be limited to not forgetting about it and eating something meaty to clear up inventory space while looting.