A20 Developer Diary Discussions

Roland

Just now, Roland said:

Hmmm...I wonder if the lights are working in that Pass-n-Gas...? Might need a tweak to the generator. Maybe someone will send somebody over there to do a service call...

Looking forwards to doing the quest you mention. I did have to go back and edit my post though. The gas station in faatal's teaser image is in game, just not where dcsobral thought it was. They were right and I was wrong, it isn't new for A20.

7 minutes ago, Roland said:

Or is it?

There have been many POI's updated that you can't judge a book by its cover. I really can't say for certain whether you both might be right. Same but still new.

@Roland but i hope there will be a lot of skeletons or i will make a petition ( inside joke you know reference)

18 minutes ago, Roland said:

Never let an inside joke outside by explaining it in a parenthetical!!

That's like only wearing one shoe!!

BTW  HOW @madmole COULD ACCEPT ZOMBIES WITH ONE SHOE ONLY??? THIS IS WRONG AHHHH I NEED NOW FIND MY FOLDER WITH PICTURES OF NEWSSTANDS THX FOR THAT! 

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)

2 hours ago, hiemfire said:

This is the one where you described. Doesn't match.

First in the spoiler does match it, it's the one across the street from the mountaintop mansion's driveway. West of Huge.

Ah, indeed. The one you said doesn't match is the one I was thinking of. The one that does match is on the north-south road starting on the working stiffs north of jen, passing to the west of the farm, and then into the snow, right? I remember going there often to check that vending machine, now that I see it.

1 hour ago, Matt115 said:

BTW  HOW @madmole COULD ACCEPT ZOMBIES WITH ONE SHOE ONLY??? THIS IS WRONG AHHHH I NEED NOW FIND MY FOLDER WITH PICTURES OF NEWSSTANDS THX FOR THAT! 

Hey, who knows? Maybe one of the first signs of the infection is people taking out one of their shoes and we'll find these shoes looting things everywhere.

1 hour ago, dcsobral said:

Ah, indeed. The one you said doesn't match is the one I was thinking of. The one that does match is on the north-south road starting on the working stiffs north of jen, passing to the west of the farm, and then into the snow, right? I remember going there often to check that vending machine, now that I see it.

Hey, who knows? Maybe one of the first signs of the infection is people taking out one of their shoes and we'll find these shoes looting things everywhere.

OH DEAR : @dcsobral no you started so here we go with ! MATT'INSANE THEORY!

1. in every sitation (expect hazmat guy what the hell happed to this dude?) zombie have with open shoe ( i mean without laces). but always without socks that's mean they just lost them. socks could prevent lost a shoe. and why not both shoes? we in some situtation both shoes are gone.

2. no no no. let see - witch in l4d2 is barefoot because it is too hot for here - fever. hunter is barefoot because mutation make his feet bigger ( charger is a prove on this), dying light screamer probably have this same problem as witch

Conclusion? 

THEY DID ONLY TO MAKE ME SUFFEER @Laz Man AND @Jugginator PLEASE LETS TALK WITH DEVS ABOUT THIS : GIVE THEM SECOND SHOE OR TAKE THEM BOTH. AFTER... AFTER.... EVEN THIS IS HARD TO TALK ABOUT THIS... BUT... MY BOTH FAVORITE NEWSSTANDS ARE GONE. AND NOBODY HANGS SKELETONS NEAR HALLOWEN 😭

11 minutes ago, unholyjoe said:

i'll break it down a tad bit more.  :)bandicam 2021-08-27 14-05-45-890.jpg

key word here (SOME)                                                                     key word here (ALL)

good , btw in theory all canals could be dry ; you know nuklear explosions were nearby so a lot of  water just evaporated

1 hour ago, unholyjoe said:

i'll break it down a tad bit more.  :)bandicam 2021-08-27 14-05-45-890.jpg

key word here (SOME)                                                                     key word here (ALL)

What unholyjoe is secretly hiding from us is that there will be a quest to fill the canals. With the bucket. 🤣

13 hours ago, faatal said:

1 Looks great, but I was not playing the game. Just flying around

2 Not much. Crouching would be the main one

3 Crouching helps there, but there is a bug with them swiping as they walk

4 Hard to compare since there are other general optimizations that make up for it

5 May be better since chunk mesh/collider creation is faster

6 I was checking that optimization/cleanup to biome decoration code did not have errors

7 Seems fine to me

8 Should be the same

9 Same?

10 Don't think so

11 Probably tweaks to some, but a lot of different assets have LODs with separate settings

12 It should be used at some point

a20b156RWGSnowCityDowntown.jpg

OMG @faatal PLEASE CAN YOU SHOW NEWSSTAND CLOSER??? PLEASE PLEAS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I LOVE NEWSSTAND I WANT TO SEE IT BETTER PLEASE @Roland @unholyjoe @Jugginator @Jost Amman @meganoth i need your support guys you know how much i love newsstands!!

Maybe there is skeleton inside!! 

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)

17 minutes ago, hiemfire said:

The one in front of the post office? At least it looks like a post office to me. Might be a police station.

a20b156RWGSnowCityDowntown.thumb.jpg.fd4

You see "news stand", I see burrito shack. :D 

NO ,THIS IS NEWSSTAND YOU HERETIC! I THINK YOU NEVER EXPERIENCES A PERFECTION ON NEWSSTAND!!!!!!!!! THEY ARE SO BEATIFULL AND THEY CAN MAKE YOU FEEL SAFE ^^ MY LOVELY NEWSSTANDS YEEZ. SRY THEY ONE OF THE POSITIVE THINGS IN MY LIFE SO YOU KNOW HOW MY LIVE IS DARK XD

23 hours ago, Matt115 said:

OMG @faatal PLEASE CAN YOU SHOW NEWSSTAND CLOSER??? PLEASE PLEAS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I LOVE NEWSSTAND I WANT TO SEE IT BETTER PLEASE @Roland @unholyjoe @Jugginator @Jost Amman @meganoth i need your support guys you know how much i love newsstands!!

Maybe there is skeleton inside!! 

I think there is a skeleton inside. However, he is only wearing.....one.....shoe!!!!! 😜