A20 Developer Diary Discussions

Roland

On 8/13/2021 at 8:02 PM, Xeen said:

@TFP

Would anyone care to take a stab at explaining CPU core utilization, specifically the maximum number of cores the game engine will utilize.
Also are there any improvements that could be made in the area of multi-core efficiency, specifically in the area of thread loading.

Thanks in advance.

This thread helped me with nailing slightly better performance on the 7DTD forum. Simply put, more CPU cores and threads do not necessarily mean better performance in the case of Unity Engine...

On 8/9/2021 at 4:49 PM, wolfarus said:

It was mentioned in an earlier post, but i did not see a reply, so i thought i'd ask as well: Is there any plans (or is it even a program-able possibility) to add in some sort of filter system for poi's that have been looted? Say for example: Poi's that have yet to have their main loot box opened (be it a reinforced chest or a gun safe) show up as normal on the map, but once the player has opened up the main loot box, the poi gets a red-x thru it, or maybe gets a tint change on the map, so it shows up as much darker then un-looted poi's?

This sounds like a pretty hefty amount of dev work for such a weird niche feature imo. You can just mark PoI you cleared by putting a couple of wood frames out in front and then drive around and know which ones are cleared or not.

18 minutes ago, Khalagar said:

This sounds like a pretty hefty amount of dev work for such a weird niche feature imo. You can just mark PoI you cleared by putting a couple of wood frames out in front and then drive around and know which ones are cleared or not.

I dont even go that far. i usually just break out the main door(s); done lol.

19 minutes ago, Darthjake said:

I love the mods that make a working stove, just wish you could hook it up to electricity, instead of still using wood.

?

The stoves in 7d2d are natural/lp gas fueled though. They have burners instead of coils. 

Derp = me. Double checked. They have coils.

CntStoveOldVer1Closed.png

Edited by hiemfire (see edit history)

23 hours ago, Guppycur said:

Well a long time ago, the pimps had the foresight to block areas off with radzones, then they can just un-rad them and add new features easily, or change anything they want on the main map... I do believe nav will get an update, otherwise, it will pale in comparison to Kinyajuu's RWG.  Which will be amazing.

You sir, are saying all the right stuff :D

3 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

what do hell? another one shoe only? fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu i hate asymmetry

I thought you liked more zombies? 😅

2 hours ago, Laz Man said:

I thought you liked more zombies? 😅

YES but uhhh one sock shoe or glove on hand make me feel uncomfortable  as hell so this news is for me like : you see beatiful girl - love at  first sight. you watch into her so beatiful eyes and... truck hit her changing her into flying flesh. this is how i fell now 😭  please give her second shoes or make her totaly barefoot . face good hands good, but this 1 thing create a real pain in my heart so @Laz Man please talk with someone who make this model or dunno @faatal to change this little detail to end my pointless surffering 😭

46 minutes ago, AndrewAA said:

I knew but it some strange 

It's the WHOLE point of these kinds of changes.

They have removed the Blunderbuss so that you don't need a separate recipe for BB ammo, and they can remove BB ammo from the loot tables everywhere.

Also, it's one less thing cluttering the inventory when you go around.

49 minutes ago, AndrewAA said:

I knew but it some strange

No, it's not. Pipe weapons in real life do use standard ammo.

6 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

It's the WHOLE point of these kinds of changes.

They have removed the Blunderbuss so that you don't need a separate recipe for BB ammo, and they can remove BB ammo from the loot tables everywhere.

Also, it's one less thing cluttering the inventory when you go around.

No, it's not. Pipe weapons in real life do use standard ammo.

not always sometimes can be used blackpowder and lead ball. it sound funny but on east they sometimes use even old blackpowder cannons . they are usefull againt buidling right?

1 hour ago, Matt115 said:

not always sometimes can be used blackpowder and lead ball. it sound funny but on east they sometimes use even old blackpowder cannons . they are usefull againt buidling right?

Yeah, whatever... my statement wasn't exclusive.

I'm just saying that pipe weapons DO use normal ammo IRL. ;) 

14 hours ago, AndrewAA said:

I have a question about pipe guns about ammo. They just use standart ammo? or in future versions u add new "self-made'' bullets?

Yes, they will use current gun ammo - 9mm, 7.62, shotgun. Blunderbuss ammo is getting removed.

2 hours ago, dcsobral said:

Random Gen questions:

1. Are there plans for wilderness tiles? Say, something like "house goes here, well or water tower goes here, one small crop here and one medium crop here", to be spawned in the wilderness?

2. And if there are no plans for that, would it work if someone created a rwg_tile_wilderness as a mod?

This. I miss cabins, survivor camps, and military bases spawning in the wild away from even dirt roads.

39 minutes ago, Rabbitslovecactus said:

Would be amazing if every map had a highway from the city to the map boundary that looked like this. Is that in the works? Would be great for car looting and also look really amazing!

See the source image

your shout to all on the forum for a super computer each lol 😛 the city would be great got to admit. but yeh i doubt this will happen. apart from the fact so many cars would bring to much loot complaints

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

46 minutes ago, BrunoFuturista said:

I have a question, since alpha 20 will receive pipe weapons and will remove the blunderbuss, will there be spsecific ammo for this ammo( some kind of low tier ammo like "makeshift pipe pistol ammo") like the blunderbuss ammo? 

ive been thinking abou this latly and it kind makes sence to make some makeshift ammo for the pipe weapons, not only add new tipes of ammo (low tier) but also an easy way to get ammo, i imagine the recipe being 1 gunpowder, 1 scrap metal and 1 paper or wood, imagine wood casing, that would be quite interesting.

but for now thats my teory, back to the question, would anithing like that be added in alpha 20?

No.  Pipe weapons will use the ammo already in the game.  One of the points of making the pipe weapons is to get rid of special ammo like the blunderbuss ammo.

Edited by BFT2020 (see edit history)

• Crater Creator changed the title to A20 Developer Diary Discussions
  • Roland unpinned this topic