Jump to content

Developer Diary Discussions


Roland

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, SnowDog1942 said:

Will A20 be possible to play naked?

Well, sure. After all of 2020 are you still not comfortable sitting down naked in front of your computer to play a game???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DanLW said:

Interesting point.  So essentially A20 is a huge polish pass where the only gameplay changing things being added are the features that have proved difficult, and the rest is simply bringing the game up to 2021 (or perhaps 2022) standards.

 

Not quite. A20 still has new features (vehicle parts, shape menue, pipe weapons) and the usual redesign of placeholders or parts that seemed not ready for release (RWG). But more and more parts are made of cement that is slowly drying in the sun. Someone might still round the edges or put a cable canal into that cement, but generally those parts are largely what you will see in the release version as well.

 

Whether someone considers new features that are still on the agenda as game changing or just filling in the blanks (like the pipe weapons are for the weapon system) is in the eye of the beholder....

 

2 hours ago, DanLW said:

 

I do agree, at this point stop making major changes to fundamental gameplay and get the game looking and performing nice and get the rest of the features in.  And hopefully with A22 water will finally be fixed and bandits will be in along with story mode.

 

...There could even be fundamental changes to gameplay if one of the new features leads to this. Yes, bandits and story will essentially shut down any new featureitis, but until then developers not involved in bandit work will surely add stuff that is high on the wanted list.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, dcsobral said:

Here's something that I find disappointing in the current feature list is that there isn't anything on it that will change how the game is played. Maybe I got spoiled by older alphas, but I really miss it. Maybe the feral sense will provide it, but I don't have my hopes up from what was said about it.

 

love that random gen is being addressed, new POIs is cool, the prefab-inside-prefab thing Shawn mentioned is cool, I love the new art, the shape system is looking like a dream come true, pipe weapons are welcome, but it looks like combat will feel the same, looting will feel the same and horde night will feel the same. 

 

It depends on what you like about the game. If you like building highly creative bases and designing POI's then for that aspect of gameplay it really is going to be a dramatic improvement and "whole new game".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Roland said:

 

It depends on what you like about the game. If you like building highly creative bases and designing POI's then for that aspect of gameplay it really is going to be a dramatic improvement and "whole new game".

well even a respawn place can change a lot - good location - you can find very fast good place for base , maybe near water etc so it will be quiet easy and calm game. but sometimes when rng is bad it is fight for you life

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Demonoid74 said:

All the skeletons are in Madmole's closet...shhhh

honestly if in next alpha won't be complete skeleton it will make a reboot of one historical event : great depression 😭 😭  pls bring me skeletons 💀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Matt115 said:

honestly if in next alpha won't be complete skeleton it will make a reboot of one historical event : great depression 😭 😭  pls bring me skeletons 💀

Curios, how does skeletons fall in the 7d2d universe?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Greetings, I have a pretty old question, but one that is really important to me. How likely do you think it is that Alpha 20 is going to be released this August @faatal? I know you guys hate such questions, but with an answer I could decide wether to start a new game now or just wait. Thanks in advance. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BFT2020 said:

Curios, how does skeletons fall in the 7d2d universe?

oh boy here we go :  

1. doesn't mean them as enemy but as prop

2. well suits in places like ghost town , desert  caves , old buildings and in some closed places ( like some stuck there and die).

3. we have "fresh" eaten corpses but i mean old corpse of some who don't die killed by zombies

remains skeleton bone big pack 3d model by olegshuldyakov | 3DOcean

 

this is example what i mean 

  • Dislike 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Arcadia666 said:

Greetings, I have a pretty old question, but one that is really important to me. How likely do you think it is that Alpha 20 is going to be released this August @faatal? I know you guys hate such questions, but with an answer I could decide wether to start a new game now or just wait. Thanks in advance. 

Start a new game. They haven't even started doing Dev Streams. August is 99% not gonna happen.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Start a new game using the mod launcher and then you can continue that game even while checking out the experimental versions whenever they become available. Experimental versions aren’t great for a long term game anyway so even if it were to drop in August, you wouldn’t really be ready to start a new long term A20 game until October. So having a long term A19 game on the mod launcher while checking out the new features of A20 on Steam is the best method and you could start now with a new long term A19 game. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Roland said:

Start a new game using the mod launcher and then you can continue that game even while checking out the experimental versions whenever they become available. Experimental versions aren’t great for a long term game anyway so even if it were to drop in August, you wouldn’t really be ready to start a new long term A20 game until October. So having a long term A19 game on the mod launcher while checking out the new features of A20 on Steam is the best method and you could start now with a new long term A19 game. 

 

All of that is true, except the part when you say "experimental versions aren't great for a long term game". That doesn't apply to 19.4; 19.5 19.6 and 19.7 as they are perfectly safe for a long term game even dragged all the way from 19.2. 

 

I noticed some oversights in the backporting (some blue fuseboxes have a "press e to activate" from the generator quest; also there's a searchable tree that can spawn anywhere that comes from the new hidden RWG places...etc)... but nothing serious at all and dragging versions at this point is harmless for a long term a19 start.

Edited by Blake_ (see edit history)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Blake_ said:

 

All of that is true, except the part when you say "experimental version aren't great for a long term game". That doesn't apply to 19.4; 19.5 19.6 and 19.7 as they are perfectly safe for a long term game even dragged all the way from 19.2. 

 

I noticed some oversights in the backporting (some blue fuseboxes have a "press e to activate" from the generator quest; also there's a searchable tree that can spawn anywhere that comes from the new hidden RWG places...etc)... but nothing serious at all and dragging versions at this point is harmless for a long term a19 start.

But Roland was referring to A20 experimental versions, so it would be a gamebreaker in that case...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My personal guess is that we'll be seeing A20 experimental somewhere around October and stable by November so TFP can take advantage of the Steam Autumn Sale.

 

Either that, or somewhere around Q1 2022. :) Let them take the time they need.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Fanatical_Meat said:

Personally I believe we will see an A20 experimental/highly unstable playable build by the end of August.

 

We have to launch the game first and see by ourselves, the game won`t be perfect at any sense as experimental build.

 

Devs have not planned any big changes in the game engine or mechanics. I`m pretty sure quite a few people have already tested the latest game build behind closed doors. Most of the confirmed changes deal with visual enhancements, game-stage/biome balance. Amazingly shocking blunderbuss is going to be replaced with more content. Better map generator with custom elements/objects created by PIMPs will be available, mods and so on. Only God, SKYNET, devs, and people involved know what is to be expected... something tells me we are already testing at least a chunk of stability for A20 with A19.5 version...

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, TWORDY said:

 

We have to launch the game first and see by ourselves, the game won`t be perfect at any sense as experimental build.

 

Devs have not planned any big changes in the game engine or mechanics. I`m pretty sure quite a few people have already tested the latest game build behind closed doors. Most of the confirmed changes deal with visual enhancements, game-stage/biome balance. Amazingly shocking blunderbuss is going to be replaced with more content. Better map generator with custom elements/objects created by PIMPs will be available, mods and so on. Only God, SKYNET, devs, and people involved know what is to be expected... something tells me we are already testing at least a chunk of stability for A20 with A19.5 version...

 

Dwayne-Johnson-Eyebrow-Raise-GIFs-Pictures.gif

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

Personally I believe we will see an A20 experimental/highly unstable playable build by the end of August.

please send me the winning loto numbers for june 2021. :)

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, unholyjoe said:

please send me the winning loto numbers for june 2021. :)

 

 

5 minutes ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

 

Sure

 

23:15:4:23:68:13

you both don't bother with timeline. last time when you done something like this snowdog won , bought tfp ( i won't tell details but it was a kinda hard deal in new vegas), and he change 7dtd into zombie porn tyccoon ( i know how it sound but it was one the most "normal" thing what he done)

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Roland unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...