A20 Developer Diary Discussions

Roland

2 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Sounds good.

Question, have you ever encountered a (permanent) rendering problem where all faraway POI's (or about 100 meters in distance and beyond) have their textures reduced to a completely flat white texture that flickers continuously? I've been experiencing this for a while, so I don't know if there is a fix for it other than deleting all of my files and completely reinstalling my game.

I would check to see if there is an update for your graphics card. Sometimes your automatic installer doesn't update your card automatically.

3 minutes ago, Roland said:

I would check to see if there is an update for your graphics card. Sometimes your automatic installer doesn't update your card automatically.

Indeed there was an update pending. :) Hopefully this solves my predicament.

That would also explain why Discord and Skyrim have been bugging out for me lately, graphics wise.

No luck. I suppose I'll just have to deal then.

From here, you should post a thread in the support forum with your output log attached. Missing or failing textures means there is some issue with how your graphics card is interacting with the game. It could be game side as in missing textures which could be handled by doing a full clean and then verifying your files. Or it could be a failure of some kind with your graphic card or lack of memory. Your output log will give info on your memory and gc driver.

But if you want to try first opening the game launcher when you first start the game and then select the tools tab and select Clean and then check all boxes and clean up your registry and then go into steam and verify the integrity of your files that would be a good place to start. After doing that start a new game and if the problem still exists upload the output log for that most recent play and start a thread in support.

3 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

It only seems to be occurring with KingGen enabled.

Edit: Attempted a KingGen world without mods, everything seems to be fine. There's probably a mod conflict somewhere, perhaps with Romero mod or something.

er...yes...removing all mods and testing in Vanilla is also an often fruitful avenue. When you add the mods back in do them one at a time and test to isolate the one causing the texture flicker.

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

13 minutes ago, Roland said:

From here, you should post a thread in the support forum with your output log attached. Missing or failing textures means there is some issue with how your graphics card is interacting with the game. It could be game side as in missing textures which could be handled by doing a full clean and then verifying your files. Or it could be a failure of some kind with your graphic card or lack of memory. Your output log will give info on your memory and gc driver.

But if you want to try first opening the game launcher when you first start the game and then select the tools tab and select Clean and then check all boxes and clean up your registry and then go into steam and verify the integrity of your files that would be a good place to start. After doing that start a new game and if the problem still exists upload the output log for that most recent play and start a thread in support.

er...yes...removing all mods and testing in Vanilla is also an often fruitful avenue. When you add the mods back in do them one at a time and test to isolate the one causing the texture flicker.

I've isolated it down to Romero mod and solely Romero mod. There are plenty of conflicts going on in the console menu, not to mention a key mod that is alongside Romero hasn't been updated since 19.3... Which I find odd since I'm seeing some content creators playing with Romero on current versions of 7D2D. Unless I look into it further there's nothing I can do, but that's alright, I'll live. :)

3 hours ago, JCrook1028 said:

Yes you can assume, but again you'd be wrong. I've bought it 3 times, one for me, one for my daughter and one for her friend so they can play together. Stop assuming and making things up.

so you buy it for some not for yourself 3 times right? i "bough" red faction 2 times - first with newspapper and 2 time with pack on steam. so i bough it 1 time - my friend bough a rayman 3 and another time he bough it again with pack for himself. so i'm correct you can't buy for yourself on steam few times- for friends yes but not for yourself

I did, but was just verifying since it was so little and didnt really affect the game itself.

dont get me wrong, I am not belittling their work, this may have been a large amount of work and needed. just I didnt notice anything to the core game itself. therefore I wont feel the need to restart in order to get an appreciation to core game changes no matter how small

Edited by wolfbain5 (see edit history)

1 hour ago, wolfbain5 said:

I did, but was just verifying since it was so little and didnt really affect the game itself.

dont get me wrong, I am not belittling their work, this may have been a large amount of work and needed. just I didnt notice anything to the core game itself. therefore I wont feel the need to restart in order to get an appreciation to core game changes no matter how small

No one is holding a gun to your head you know. If you don't want to update, then don't update. :)

10 minutes ago, Hyperbolt said:

Question! Will the pipe weapons have their own primitive ammo, like the blunderbuss, or will they use the standard ammo that the higher tiered guns use? 

Can't find the exact post/statement to verify right now,

but I'm pretty sure it was said they would use the same ammo as the corresponding higher tiers.

7 hours ago, wolfbain5 said:

Alpha 19 is not being in development anymore, it is practically finished (AFAIK). A further version A19.6 just means that some bugfixes were backported from A20 because they were deemed a little too critical to be left alone in a stable version.

In this case twitch integretation was a very recent addition, it was added in 19.3(?) not 19.0). Therefore it had much less time to mature than the other features in A19 and probably still had critical bugs. Especially because bugs on twitch integration are very public affairs.

11 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

thx :)

you're welcome.

I wasn't sure you really meant that one, because I can't see anything really impressive in that "poi" 

...but I'm not that involved into archtitecture to judge, so no need to further explanation, just be happy with it and let me see it as 4 poles with flat roof and no walls, as I clearly have no inspiration.

Edited by meilodasreh (see edit history)

4 minutes ago, meilodasreh said:

you're welcome.

I wasn't sure you really meant that one, because I can't see anything really impressive in that "poi" 

...but I'm not that involved into archtitecture to judge, so no need to further explanation, just be happy with it and let me see it as 4 poles with flat roof and no walls, as I clearly have no inspiration.

well honestly i want to show it someone as inspiration. btw honestly i would be more happy if they  add a small newsstand that uber big skyscraper or laboratory. honesty - small so can be in a lot of places in city , source of books newspaper and food and (for me) give positve vibes. 

9 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

they worst idea ever xd it will make pipe weapons pointless

How so?  You can make pipe weapons a lot sooner than the other weapons that use the same ammo.  I don't rush to find a weapon at the traders on Day 1 and looting at that early of a game stage, I am going to be very lucky to find a Q1 pistol in the toliets.  With a pipe weapon, I can use that 9mm or 7.62mm ammo I find early on if I find myself in a bit of a jam.

1 minute ago, BFT2020 said:

How so?  You can make pipe weapons a lot sooner than the other weapons that use the same ammo.  I don't rush to find a weapon at the traders on Day 1 and looting at that early of a game stage, I am going to be very lucky to find a Q1 pistol in the toliets.  With a pipe weapon, I can use that 9mm or 7.62mm ammo I find early on if I find myself in a bit of a jam.

that's a point: not use it a guns until you find usefull enough to not wasting ammo . usually i have situations like : sledgehammer + blundergass as stunner or crossbow outside and keep guns in crate. and when is a  day 7 a have a tone of ammo 1-2 stack of 9mm and some shells to use on blood moon. after blood moon  i don't have much ammo  so i usually only take shotgun for birds and dogs and crossbow and hammer for rest . and collectin ammo for another blood moon