A20 Developer Diary Discussions

Roland

39 minutes ago, KindaCringe said:

tbf, this is an alpha game with less then one big update a year at this point. I love the game but there are some expectations for updates when you have a game in Alpha stage, although the game really is in Beta state at this moment.

You can't just stamp the word "beta" onto whatever you want based on your abritrary expectations of what that means. The devs have an internal roadmap which includes a beta stage. This game is in alpha. That's why we're in Alpha 19.5 and not beta 1.0 or whatever version system the devs will adopt for that stage.

1 hour ago, KindaCringe said:

tbf, this is an alpha game with less then one big update a year at this point. I love the game but there are some expectations for updates when you have a game in Alpha stage, although the game really is in Beta state at this moment.

Ah, the beta with the RWG overhaul. Lets call this a bug fix. 😁

and the vehicles mods are balancing fixes

8 hours ago, KindaCringe said:

there are some expectations for updates when you have a game in Alpha stage

The solution is to adjust your expectations to align with the reality of what the developers are doing because your expectations can't change a blasted thing. Leave the game alone for awhile and go play something else and then return. That is something you can control that can have a positive effect on your enjoyment of the game. There is no expectation from the developers that players must stay glued to this one game racking up 1000s of hours and burning out before the game ever reaches gold. If you are done with A19 then go do other things until A20 releases whenever that is and then come back. Their release schedule is their own and there is no feedback from anyone on earth not on their team that will make them change their schedule from what it is. 

14 hours ago, Outlaw_187 said:

Now this would be badass. Ive been watching Guns, Nerds, & Steel's vanguard series. He is playing with the compo pack with all the user created POI's & some of them just look simply amazing. The creativity is truly inspiring. I'm not huge on building fancy structures but it makes me want to try. 

I can just imagine some of the cool zombies people will come up with. There was some neat looking ones in the war of the walkers.

I just like the HD created zombies the Pimps have come up with & looking forward to the new & improved ones. Just hope there's more. 

Wanna re-enact the end of zombieland when he's going to save little Rock & witchita (spelling) & runs into the "well look at this f'ing clown" 🧟🤡

Holy sh*t, there's an idea for a POI...a damn carnival/amusement park!!

I want a clown zombie dammit!

I want it to have squeaky shoes

I want it to explode when dead in glitter or make a squeaky horn sound.

I have been shot down with my suggestion.

Also: I could care less about Bandits, I really want a steam workshop setup like said earlier find mod or frefab push subscribe and everything just works. Bonus if a dedicated server could push the mods to the clients like Conan Exiles works.

9 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

its not really a Redesign. more of a 

Level 1 and 2 type thing. kinda like the burned zombie

well every change in looks is redesign. even if you change a 1 hair in model it will be redesign

Traveling to different worlds 7 Days To Die, I realized one thing: no matter how huge the variety of buildings in the game, over time they will begin to repeat. Because of this, it is quite difficult to navigate the random world, since it does not have something like attractions, each city looks like the one in which you have already been.

In order to fix this, it seems to me, it is enough to create several unique locations of medium and large size, which the world generator could place in the game world just once.

And for maps of different sizes, the number of such unique buildings could be different.
For 6k - 30 unique buildings
For 8k - 50
etc

It can be some kind of statues, huge monuments, or something else that is not necessarily of interest for research. Such locations should act as simple landmarks.
And if each city has several unique locations, then the cities will also become unique.

In general, I believe that for the world generator, some buildings should be marked as ones that it can only use once.

What do you think about this?

1 hour ago, Rabbitslovecactus said:

I also hope the permadeath mode will be added as a menu/game option. 

I agree, and I asked about this some time ago and the general response was “you can always just choose to not continue the game”, so I doubt it will be added as an vanilla option :( 

1 hour ago, Survager said:

Traveling to different worlds 7 Days To Die, I realized one thing: no matter how huge the variety of buildings in the game, over time they will begin to repeat. Because of this, it is quite difficult to navigate the random world, since it does not have something like attractions, each city looks like the one in which you have already been.

In order to fix this, it seems to me, it is enough to create several unique locations of medium and large size, which the world generator could place in the game world just once.

And for maps of different sizes, the number of such unique buildings could be different.
For 6k - 30 unique buildings
For 8k - 50
etc

It can be some kind of statues, huge monuments, or something else that is not necessarily of interest for research. Such locations should act as simple landmarks.
And if each city has several unique locations, then the cities will also become unique.

In general, I believe that for the world generator, some buildings should be marked as ones that it can only use once.

What do you think about this?

I`d rather see more tree models and even more detailed foliage rather than more statues...

2 hours ago, bachgaman said:

but in life you do not meet clowns on the street, in life you only meet Festering Corpse Departed Woman and Infected Mother

& The occasional bloated cop who spits at you & blows up wrecking stuff around him after taking too much damage!