A20 Developer Diary Discussions

Roland

On 7/4/2021 at 2:52 PM, Fanatical_Meat said:

They say otherwise but I agree. Simply a normal early access thing. Majority of interested buyer have bought.

However I want to state what I have said before. Even if the game went gold and released next week it is totally worth the $7.50 sale price it currently sells for and have totally been worth the $20 or so I spent on it.

I agree as well. I bought it on PS4 back when it released, paid like $23 or so, totally worth it. Hell I'll buy it again on console if it ever re-releases to it's "final state" or "gold"...whenever that happens.

Then when I moved to PC, I didn't catch it on sale, but still well worth the $25 price tag. 

I'll be honest, I'm ok if it stays in Alpha forever. It's like we get a new game every time. 

Man I totally get the fact that the football player & cheerleader have limited areas of where they "belong" but I really hope they are replaced by other zombies of some type.

I mean the more variety the better in my opinion. Hell bring the Hawaiian dude back since he changed to the fat blob dude & he's gonna eventually be the gasser if I remember correctly. 

Not trying to be a complainer, I f'ing love this game. Just want as many zombies to kill as possible. I'm not even super excited about bandits to be honest. That's what we kill our friends for on pvp!

Edited by Outlaw_187 (see edit history)

56 minutes ago, Outlaw_187 said:

Man I totally get the fact that the football player & cheerleader have limited areas of where they "belong" but I really hope they are replaced by other zombies of some type.

I mean the more variety the better in my opinion. Hell bring the Hawaiian dude back since he changed to the fat blob dude & he's gonna eventually be the gasser if I remember correctly. 

Not trying to be a complainer, I f'ing love this game. Just want as many zombies to kill as possible. I'm not even super excited about bandits to be honest. That's what we kill our friends for on pvp!

7dtd.png.6ba1b322d48c2a069c7c90067235109a.png

1 hour ago, Outlaw_187 said:

Of course this is the day I found a total of 16 football players in POI's, which is 16 more than I have found in the entirety of A19. It's as if the game is giving them to me as a fond farewell or something. 😜

6 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

Calling it, 7 Days To Die will become the chess of video games, except 7 Days is infinitely more fun. Lol

well chess have some spin off XD atomic chess , 960 , Gliński's chess , capablanka etc XD so 7dtd need them too !  I have even few propositions :

cartoon 7dtd - 7dtd with funny skins like fortnite , dances , funny weapons etc 

7htd - darker setting - zombie children , rotting corpses everywhere , you must keep you clean or you will get infection , it almost always creepy dark, whispers everywhere - more edgy  means better

7 days in normandy - 7 days in ww2 setting - take your good thompson and fight with undead on omaha beach !

7 years to die - yo play as 7 yo boy and you try to survive zombie outbrake - so be sneaky and craft sligshot to surviva another day with mr teddy! 

70 years to die - you think you old years will be quiet and boring, but zombie outbreak happens so now you can get flashback from vietnam. no running , you hit weak but you have big arsenal in you starting home so let's roll!

17 years to die - yo play as emo 17 yo girl - try to keep your character focused on cutting zombie not herself. well you are so pale and slim so zombie sometimes mistake you with another zombie so it will allow you to survive for.. whatevere this not have sense... just like life... 💀

7 darkest day to die - 7dtd but in medieval- well halabards at least are better that sledgehammer but everything is expensive 

7000 days to die - 7dtd but on alien  planet - aliens, zombie colonists and man eating plants!

crossovers - payday 2 : 7 dtd - 7 days of heist - your team are going to rob the duke - famouse criminal boss but zombie outbrake beggins and everything going wrong

dying light and 7dtd : typical 7dtd buut in haram - and night are more dangerouse !

So options are endless . you don't need to pay me for this  ideas i done this volunteary . just add me to credits in spin off . you are welcome XD 

2 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

Of course this is the day I found a total of 16 football players in POI's, which is 16 more than I have found in the entirety of A19. It's as if the game is giving them to me as a fond farewell or something. 😜

i will write this same thing as always : there is not enough zombie variants so i can spend a day making descriptions how they could looks like , how to work where can they suit etc if it can help   😭😭

13 hours ago, Roland said:

...to anyone paying attention you can see many implemented features that will directly lead to bandits.

Aye, clearly the introduction of cigars was a dead-giveaway.

-Morloc

On 7/3/2021 at 4:26 AM, Outlaw_187 said:

I know we aren't supposed to talk about the "m" word on here but I gotta say I've been experimenting with them, war of the walkers, gna, etc...and I gotta say, I much prefer vanilla. 

Once 7 Days goes gold and the Fun Pimps abandon it, I expect some really fantastic mods to come out and keep this game alive for another decade. But right now it's hard for modders to deal with a game that isn't feature locked and has constantly changing code with every update. I think Steam Workshop support when it comes will be huge too, making it easy for players to just subscribe to new POIs, vehicles, enemies, etc.

44 minutes ago, mr.devolver said:

Stop teasing, and finally tell us which sequel!

NAH SPINNOFF  first ! 

10 minutes ago, Morloc said:

Aye, clearly the introduction of cigars was a dead-giveaway.

-Morloc

nah he mean bandana !

3 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

nah he mean bandana !

I was awarded the title "conspiracy theorist" by meganoth just yesterday and you're already trying to steal that title from me? Stop! Clothes have nothing to do with the future implementation of bandits, even though the op states something different. PERIOD.

32 minutes ago, mr.devolver said:

I was awarded the title "conspiracy theorist" by meganoth just yesterday and you're already trying to steal that title from me? Stop! Clothes have nothing to do with the future implementation of bandits, even though the op states something different. PERIOD.

nope , i'm this guy who want more zombie .  but honestly - bandits often wears bandana like  in far cry so. i'm 100% sure that at least one of 18 bandits model will have bandana 

27 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

nope , i'm this guy who want more zombie .  but honestly - bandits often wears bandana like  in far cry so. i'm 100% sure that at least one of 18 bandits model will have bandana 

...and you will be getting more zombies. TFP will call them "bandits" to hoodwink you into believing there is a new feature.

In reality there will be 18 new zombies, many of them will act like cops but their spit is louder and does a **lot** more damage. They may be a little more organized, I hope you watched "Warm Bodies" before so you are not too surprised about that.

😁

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

11 minutes ago, meganoth said:

...and you will be getting more zombies. TFP will call them "bandits" to hoodwink you into believing there is a new feature. In reality they are 18 new zombies that mostly act like cops but their spit is louder and does a **lot** more damage. They may be a little more organized, I hope you watched "Warm Bodies" before so you are not too surprised about that.

😁

<angry richtofen voices> NEIN NEIN NEIN! ZOMBIE DON'T SPEAK . well do you know they hunger mod to hl1 ? everything is funny until you meet zombies with guns xd this is just annoing. zombie have wounds , destoyed clothes etc bandits use melee weapons  ok. i will make it diffrent - we take minecraft - pillager is a human ( or something similiar to human ) with crossbow - just more powerful skeleton. zombies are zombies but drowned are tottaly game changer. so   virgin bandits VS CHAD ZOMBIES 

you want bandits? okay 

but give me more zombies! that is all i ever wanted ( this is refrence)

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)

Jumping zombies - look stupid. Maybe replace (where possible) the jump function with climbing? ... it would look creepy... imagine: they do not jump, but climb to a low platform. (i don't mean to completely remove the jumps)

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

28 minutes ago, n2n1 said:

Jumping zombies - look stupid. Maybe replace (where possible) the jump function with climbing? ... it would look creepy... imagine: they do not jump, but climb to a low platform. (i don't mean to completely remove the jumps)

They used to climb and it was not creepy.

1 hour ago, unholyjoe said:

none other than still in surgery. they had to knock her out tho as she kept screaming and its hard to work when her friends come running. :)

true story

well hm... so we can change her name into siren. Good.

6 hours ago, n2n1 said:

As it was said he used to climb and wasn't creepy and wasn't very satisfying to have a mechanic that was useless as it took day one blocks to prevent him from climbing. Might be some other reasons why it got changed as well but can't remember or I'm mistaken. 

Want to add yes you can still block him with day one blocks but takes way more blocks and effort.

Edited by crazywildfire (see edit history)

13 hours ago, Lemmers said:

................I think Steam Workshop support when it comes will be huge too, making it easy for players to just subscribe to new POIs, vehicles, enemies, etc.

Now this would be badass. Ive been watching Guns, Nerds, & Steel's vanguard series. He is playing with the compo pack with all the user created POI's & some of them just look simply amazing. The creativity is truly inspiring. I'm not huge on building fancy structures but it makes me want to try. 

I can just imagine some of the cool zombies people will come up with. There was some neat looking ones in the war of the walkers.

I just like the HD created zombies the Pimps have come up with & looking forward to the new & improved ones. Just hope there's more. 

Wanna re-enact the end of zombieland when he's going to save little Rock & witchita (spelling) & runs into the "well look at this f'ing clown" 🧟🤡

Holy sh*t, there's an idea for a POI...a damn carnival/amusement park!!

2 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

Yeah, right! We've got places to be, thing to do, guys! Hurry up! :typing::whip:

tbf, this is an alpha game with less then one big update a year at this point. I love the game but there are some expectations for updates when you have a game in Alpha stage, although the game really is in Beta state at this moment.