A20 Developer Diary Discussions

Roland

41 minutes ago, Blake_ said:

Hello, @madmole . What can you tell us about RWG in regards of rivers, waterfalls, "random landscape loot locations/ secret places" (I think those were said to be a thing?) and other stuff, like the general "feeling" of the generation as compared to A19? Gameplay tales also welcomed 😛

Rivers and waterfalls would probably require the water overhaul which was confirmed to be postponed to A21.

@Roland: Any updates to the first post? It's been a while.

On 7/4/2021 at 2:52 PM, Fanatical_Meat said:

They say otherwise but I agree. Simply a normal early access thing. Majority of interested buyer have bought.

However I want to state what I have said before. Even if the game went gold and released next week it is totally worth the $7.50 sale price it currently sells for and have totally been worth the $20 or so I spent on it.

This game was worth the $30 (I think) that I paid for it twice.  Once for me, and once as a gift.  Out of all the games I've every purchased I've hands down gotten the most mileage out of this one.  There probably isn't even a close second.  The dedication of the team to keep iterating and evolving has been nothing short of awesome and unique.  I'm super excited to see what's coming down the pipe with other games that are in development.

On 7/4/2021 at 4:01 PM, Fanatical_Meat said:

They went to a21

Bandits are not coming in A20, nor in A21.

Read between the lines here in the roadmap in op:

19) Character Overhaul - Pushed to A21

• Outfits are another feature that will help build the foundation for the future implementation of bandits

So if something that is pushed to A21 comes with a description which says that it is the foundation for the future implementation of bandits, I think it's not that hard to predict that bandits are simply not coming in A21. What speaks for this theory is also that lately dev diary of every new Alpha starts with rich and ambitious feature list the most exciting parts of which almost always end up with the note "pushed to next Alpha" as they get closer to the release of the Alpha they are working on at that time.

On 7/4/2021 at 2:52 PM, Fanatical_Meat said:

They say otherwise but I agree. Simply a normal early access thing. Majority of interested buyer have bought.

However I want to state what I have said before. Even if the game went gold and released next week it is totally worth the $7.50 sale price it currently sells for and have totally been worth the $20 or so I spent on it.

I can’t remember how much I paid for this game, but definitely worth it for me also.  2,941 hours on record, easily my #1 game played on steam (#2 is Fallout 4 ar only 1,400 hours).  Not getting as many hours right now as I did when A19 was releases, but it is going against MW5 right now and I been a Mechie fan sinces the days of the first one and NetMech. 

23 minutes ago, mr.devolver said:

Bandits are not coming in A20, nor in A21.

Read between the lines here in the roadmap in op:

19) Character Overhaul - Pushed to A21

• Outfits are another feature that will help build the foundation for the future implementation of bandits

So if something that is pushed to A21 comes with a description which says that it is the foundation for the future implementation of bandits, I think it's not that hard to predict that bandits are simply not coming in A21. What speaks for this theory is also that lately dev diary of every new Alpha starts with rich and ambitious feature list the most exciting parts of which almost always end up with the note "pushed to next Alpha" as they get closer to the release of the Alpha they are working on at that time.

Thank you. We all felt a bit complacent without a good conspiracy theory cooking our minds 😁

Now to throw a small monkey wrench into your theory: I suspect the text "will help build..." was written when this feature was announced for A20 and nobody would have bothered to change it when it was postponed just to prevent some reading between the lines.

52 minutes ago, meganoth said:

Thank you. We all felt a bit complacent without a good conspiracy theory cooking our minds 😁

Now to throw a small monkey wrench into your theory: I suspect the text "will help build..." was written when this feature was announced for A20 and nobody would have bothered to change it when it was postponed just to prevent some reading between the lines.

Yeah yeah, maybe I should have added "I would love to be wrong" to help you keep your peace of mind, but we will see what the future holds, when that time comes.

The only consistency we’ve seen with bandits has been seeing them pushed to the “next” update. Just embrace the delay. 😀

4 hours ago, Junuxx said:

@Roland: Any updates to the first post? It's been a while.

yeah, I’ll update it this week and update the art gallery. Anything people feel should be added that has been revealed but not reflected?

36 minutes ago, Roland said:

The only consistency we’ve seen with bandits has been seeing them pushed to the “next” update. Just embrace the delay. 😀

yeah, I’ll update it this week and update the art gallery. Anything people feel should be added that has been revealed but not reflected?

The other consistency was that an alpha was always followed by another alpha. How can TFP ever break that vicious cycle ?

32 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

nah it it only 5 alpha delay 

Then you must have started playing with Alpha 15 because they had bandits on the load screen as a next feature as early as Alpha 7 or 8 and even semi-implemented them in Alpha 11 but then quickly withdrew until they could do them the way they envisioned. 

Bandits have been pushed to the next alpha for about 11 alphas now. I bet if someone returned to the game after not playing for the last 5-6 years their first question would be “So where are the bandits?” because that’s how long fans have been looking forward to them hopefully arriving in the next couple alphas….lol

But to anyone paying attention you can see many implemented features that will directly lead to bandits. So they are not just vapor. And when they do arrive it will be a whole new game. For free. 😀

33 minutes ago, Roland said:

Then you must have started playing with Alpha 15 because they had bandits on the load screen as a next feature as early as Alpha 7 or 8 and even semi-implemented them in Alpha 11 but then quickly withdrew until they could do them the way they envisioned. 

Bandits have been pushed to the next alpha for about 11 alphas now. I bet if someone returned to the game after not playing for the last 5-6 years their first question would be “So where are the bandits?” because that’s how long fans have been looking forward to them hopefully arriving in the next couple alphas….lol

But to anyone paying attention you can see many implemented features that will directly lead to bandits. So they are not just vapor. And when they do arrive it will be a whole new game. For free. 😀

well if i good  remember that near 16 or 17 madmole (probably?) posted some bandit models. well i don't thinks so - they will just be another types of mobs because don't have anything unique - we have zombies and animals now and bandits probably will be passive to animals and aggresive againt zombie. well  more change would be something like  big titan zombie in snk way ,variation about tank - you now it charging have big dmg and destroy everything or something like witch or lost girl from terraria - we have range zombie - fat cop and rest of zombie have melee like bandits.  game changer could be - bandit armored truck , bandit gyrocopter with m60 or granade thower. that's why we get human enemies only one time in cod zombie history (advance warfare- map carrier - atlas strike team).  honestly i know bandits were in kickstarter promise but i don't get it XD . dead rising people enemies were annoing this same in days gone or in dying light melee version. only zombie game not focused on story which need human enemies is nza 4 dead war - cult soldiers. ofc in eMotIonAL games like the last of us need them but these games are focused on people and zombie is small addon

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)

1 minute ago, Matt115 said:

nah it will be just like pillagers from minecraft

You don't understand, probably because you joined in 2020, that's fine, you will eventually find out what does "it feels like a whole new game" mean around these parts. :classic_laugh:

4 minutes ago, mr.devolver said:

You don't understand, probably because you joined in 2020, that's fine, you will eventually find out what does "it feels like a whole new game" mean around these parts. :classic_laugh:

well i bought this game i maybe 2014 or 2015 - before achievments - i remember when worlds looks like minecraft and we respawning near body and sometimes this body get a gun.  ofc few changes - graphic  food system or rotting of  corpses were wow but  number of zombie types are similiar we lost miner , nude walker etc so number of zombies is almost this same. if we get dunno 40 new zombie variants it could be totaly new game- even in l4d2 if you install hd mods and new zombie variants, guns models  ,better corpses give diffrents feelings. in l4d2 charger splliter wandering witches or jockey make something like " wow this rly good and change everything" but in nza3 you get zombies with guns and it was " this zombie shooting with gun? ok " but  panzer zombies were so good. i think melee bandits will be kinda well " speaking zombies". range bandits? it would depends on ai if they will be something new or human fat cop. i just don't undestand this hype

2 hours ago, mr.devolver said:

Also, the game will go gold in December 14 2015.

Omg, I can't believe this is our game xD.

Jokes aside, this time though. THIS time is better than the last one...

... and worse than the next 😛

"We'll probably just do an alpha release every two hours, that way I will have time for a couple of 30 squats series  between gameplays".

-madmole-

Edited by Blake_ (see edit history)

• Crater Creator changed the title to A20 Developer Diary Discussions
  • Roland unpinned this topic