A20 Developer Diary Discussions

Roland

58 minutes ago, meganoth said:

And are you ready to make just one path through that house? Where will the loot room be?

It could also be a remnant, though that would be unwise. It would leave room for attack in multiple directions.

Just now, Adam the Waster said:

the fact that the DR is not updated really bugs me

That's the updated hoodie zombie; the businessman has already been updated in A19

1 minute ago, MechanicalLens said:

It could also be a remnant, though that would be unwise. It would leave room for attack in multiple directions.

That's the updated hoodie zombie; the businessman has already been updated in A19

no but in the main pic with the shotgun, next to the Lumberjack the Lab worker is their but not updated

Just now, Adam the Waster said:

no but in the main pic with the shotgun, next to the Lumberjack the Lab worker is their but not updated

203193466_10222779162881348_6385188561312402980_n.png

1 hour ago, dcsobral said:

It's going to be a base, not a POI. I think more to the point, will it be a main base, a horde base or a combo?

Family: “why is there a metal cage on the roof and a big submarine door leading to it? Why is ther just a campfire on the floor in the kitchen with no ventilation even though we have an oven… wait, it’s not hooked up?  Why does the 1 bedroom room just have bedrolls with our names on them all over the floor…. And … a box with a crossbow?”

You: “yes. This is all built according to a very specific plan. Now put these 125 chunks of meat into that box. No, it won’t go bad. Here’s an axe made from a rock and a tree branch, go mow the lawn with it”

Edited by doughphunghus (see edit history)

28 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

The zombies that have yet to be updated are the spider zombie, the soldier, the female lab assistant, and the farmer with the facial hair and blue overalls.

Lab assistant? I always say her as a doctor. Could be a scientist too, but she shows up on red cross-marked (but not) locations. Her internal name is zombieLab, but why would she be an assistant?

Details, details. Zombie lab then.

I named her "assistant" a while back because initially I thought her to be a lesser designation of nurse. Then I encountered her in less medical based POI's, like the bunker underneath Wayne Manor, but the name stuck. Old habits die hard.

56 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

The zombies that have yet to be updated are the spider zombie, the soldier, the female lab assistant, and the farmer with the facial hair and blue overalls.

I'm sure they said the farmer is getting removed. I might be wrong on that.

Screamer and Wight need updating too.

1 hour ago, doughphunghus said:

Family: “why is there a metal cage on the roof and a big submarine door leading to it? Why is ther just a campfire on the floor in the kitchen with no ventilation even though we have an oven… wait, it’s not hooked up?  Why does the 1 bedroom room just have bedrolls with our names on them all over the floor…. And … a box with a crossbow?”

You: “yes. This is all built according to a very specific plan. Now put these 125 chunks of meat into that box. No, it won’t go bad. Here’s an axe made from a rock and a tree branch, go mow the lawn with it”

Mind you, the best lawn mower in the game is the knife (bone, iron, doesn't matter).

Enhancing... (ugh, I hate that word when the results are horrible, but you know what I was trying to do :P)

1hVh6nb.png

Now keep in mind the details (as you can see by looking at the faces we have already seen in game) can be misleading, because they are created by AI, but I like the idea of having more details when zooming a very small image to make a better picture in mind that might be closer to reality...

This new fella kinda looks like a mixture of the guy in blue shirt and old skater, but then again that could be a wrong interpretation of the details here.

Edited by mr.devolver (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, mr.devolver said:

Enhancing... (ugh, I hate that word when the results are horrible, but you know what I was trying to do :P)

1hVh6nb.png

Now keep in mind the details (as you can see by looking at the faces we have already seen in game) can be misleading, because they are created by AI, but I like the idea of having more details when zooming a very small image to make a better picture in mind that might be closer to reality...

This new fella kinda looks like a mixture of the guy in blue shirt and old skater, but then again that could be a wrong interpretation of the details here.

That's the skater.

37 minutes ago, Holmes108 said:

Yes please!

I originally found and played this game to death on the Xbox. I've only recently started playing on the PC, and am having a blast. But I was kinda shocked that the controller support is so much worse than it was on that old, abandoned version. 

I realize it was a different team, but it was still surprising, as the work has already (in a sense) been done! I find controlling my character is just fine with the controller, but the other stuff, navigating menus, the map, etc could come a long way still. 

I'm also still hoping we bring this game back to the Consoles in it's new form though too. Big fan. 

I never saw the console version in action, are the menues and map there different than on PC (arrangement, or more lists instead of buttons, that kind of stuff) or is just the navigation with controllers somehow smoother (better use of the controller buttons for example, or more inuitive cursor movement) ?

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

58 minutes ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

@faatal

@madmole

How about throwing us a bone and giving a release estimate.

Everyone else this will be just an estimate not a promise so calm down.

They won't give a date until they have a firm release date.

Because no matter how much they say it is just an estimate, some people will take it as Gospel and just being 1 hour late will be blasphemy / burn in hell attitudes.

46 minutes ago, meganoth said:

I never saw the console version in action, are the menues and map there different than on PC (arrangement, or more lists instead of buttons, that kind of stuff) or is just the navigation with controllers somehow smoother (better use of the controller buttons for example, or more inuitive cursor movement) ?

The menus were definitely the same, but it's been so long I honestly don't remember exactly how the console handled it, be it with a free moving cursor, or if it just handled jumping the cursor around better.

Edited by Holmes108 (see edit history)

9 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

I'm sure they said the farmer is getting removed. I might be wrong on that.

Screamer and Wight need updating too.

Screamer is already updated for A20. Football zombie and cheerleader are removed. The cowboy is most likely getting the axe as well. As for the farmer, going staying, don't mind. :)

Forgot about the Wight, thanks.

12 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Also, if you play the navezgane map, there was a bug where the player would never get any quests in the town where all of the skyscrapers were located.

This was fixed but don't recall if in A19 or A20.  Will go look.

Yep, this is the problem. a few problems actually.

Going to other traders doesnt help.

Sorry, TFPs. You chose the betamax over the casette tape. The laserdisk over VHS.  HD DVD instead of the blu ray. 

In the winning corner, we have a voxel world, procedurally generated engine with better physics than I've ever seen before and looking much, much nicer than probably anything I've seen as well, we have:

13 minutes ago, ZombieHorde said:

Sorry, TFPs. You chose the betamax over the casette tape. The laserdisk over VHS.  HD DVD instead of the blu ray. 

In the winning corner, we have a voxel world, procedurally generated engine with better physics than I've ever seen before and looking much, much nicer than probably anything I've seen as well, we have:

Yeah! Instead of saying that TFP makes a great game and became pioneers in some sense, let's praise the demo version of something, which shows 5% of 7 Days to die and which could not have appeared 8 years ago when TFP embarked on this difficult path. Great job, my friend. Great job! 😉