A20 Developer Diary Discussions

Roland

14 hours ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

Maybe, I assumed it had something to do with their path finding and the future thing allowing zombies to fit into one block openings.

To this day I am convinced I read a post from madmole saying the reason that one block egress was removed was if zombies can't do it then players shouldn't be able to do it. If it is going to be reinstated for zombies then it should be for the players as well.

2 hours ago, Matt115 said:

I mean you have parents right? Like Anakin was luke's father  , Tywin was Tyrion father so you just don't find a point of this joke  because now matter how old you are you are still someone child right? XD  well we always joking use to it, like we are joking about snowdog being pervert XD 

Wait? That is suppose to be a joke? Did anyone tell SnowDog?

36 minutes ago, Gamida said:

To this day I am convinced I read a post from madmole saying the reason that one block egress was removed was if zombies can't do it then players shouldn't be able to do it. If it is going to be reinstated for zombies then it should be for the players as well.

But it won't. The problem is, as soon as you allow players to squeeze through one block the designers will have to re-check every single POI for unexpected new "shortcuts".

That would take tons of dev/designer time which they don't have before beta.

27 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

But it won't. The problem is, as soon as you allow players to squeeze through one block the designers will have to re-check every single POI for unexpected new "shortcuts".

I have no idea what you have said above. I am just saying that it was once part of the game and it was took out not (as far as I know) for the reason you stated but because they stopped zombies doing it so players shouldn't be able to do it.

If it was to save some ram or resources or what not I don't know then that is fine. I am just saying what ever the reason they took it out they must have overcome as they are seemingly going to add it back.

As for players getting through one block holes and having to check for unexpected new shortcuts, how is that different from zombies breaking a single block and making a new unexpected shortcut.  Are shortcuts made by zombies and players different? What is bad for the goose is bad for the gander as far as I would think.

Again, just commenting on it being removed for a simple reason and now only being added back for zombies.

1 minute ago, Gamida said:

I have no idea what you have said above. I am just saying that it was once part of the game and it was took out not (as far as I know) for the reason you stated but because they stopped zombies doing it so players shouldn't be able to do it.

If it was to save some ram or resources or what not I don't know then that is fine. I am just saying what ever the reason they took it out they must have overcome as they are seemingly going to add it back.

As for players getting through one block holes and having to check for unexpected new shortcuts, how is that different from zombies breaking a single block and making a new unexpected shortcut.  Are shortcuts made by zombies and players different? What is bad for the goose is bad for the gander as far as I would think.

Again, just commenting on it being removed for a simple reason and now only being added back for zombies.

well because zombie are stupid  can use guns etc so i belive they could be stupid enough to make hole bigger that crawl by small hole . Btw a lot of  POI'S have single small hole in some places so few of them should be redesigne if they want to add this xd

2 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

well because zombie are stupid  can use guns etc so i belive they could be stupid enough to make hole bigger that crawl by small hole . Btw a lot of  POI'S have single small hole in some places so few of them should be redesigne if they want to add this xd

I also have no idea what you mean by this. Do you mean they would make a single hole bigger to get in? That would make it a 2 block hole.

Am thinking this could be a touchy subject so I may step back through the hole I came in (yes, 2 block hole :D ) and wait until they actually add it to see what is going on.

1 hour ago, Gamida said:

I wasn't talking about the reason why they took it out before, I'm talking about why it's very difficult for them to re-add it now for players.

1 hour ago, Gamida said:

I also have no idea what you mean by this. Do you mean they would make a single hole bigger to get in? That would make it a 2 block hole.

Am thinking this could be a touchy subject so I may step back through the hole I came in (yes, 2 block hole :D ) and wait until they actually add it to see what is going on.

2 block and 1 block hole is a big  diffrence -   1 block is 15 sec to destroy for example . and we have something like :  Z BBB P it mean you have 45 until they get inside but 2 block hole make it longer in to 1,5 and let you shoot trought a hole when zombie is trying to get inside.   What i mean by small hole?  imagine small POI like house 10X10X5 with stairs and in one wall is a hole - they get inside and you woudn't even know where they  came from . I had situation when dogs made small hole under stairs  under wall like WWWWWWW

WWWWWW S

WWWWWSSS

WWWWSSSS

WWSSSSSSSS

W S H SSSSSS 

We found it after 3 blood moon ;/

3 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

The folks who want to get to the loot room faster already do and they always will.    Unless they make poi's non destructible by players it will never change.

2 hours ago, Ladarian said:

The folks who want to get to the loot room faster already do and they always will.    Unless they make poi's non destructible by players it will never change.

Doesn't really matter. That's not the point.

If TFP used your logic, they wouldn't have put ANY path in the "dungeon" POIs.

They place obstacles in the path so that whoever enjoys that type of "adventure" can play it like a dungeon.

Doesn't really matter. That's not the point.

If TFP used your logic, they wouldn't have put ANY path in the "dungeon" POIs.

They place obstacles in the path so that whoever enjoys that type of "adventure" can play it like a dungeon.

Well you have good point  and you gave me idea : collapsed road tunnel with loot inside but first you need you to destroy rubble to get inside

4 hours ago, Matt115 said:

Well you have good point  and you gave me idea : collapsed road tunnel with loot inside but first you need you to destroy rubble to get inside

Sort of like the collapsed building in the ghost town in the southern part of Navezgane's desert?

25 minutes ago, FA_Q2 said:

The op states there are over a 100 new POI's coming.  That is awesome but somewhat unclear.  I do not know how many we have now but I would think that means you are doubling what we have valuable now or am I underestimating the number of poi that are currently in the game?  Anyone know how many there are now?

Are some of those T5 type POI's too?  If every other POI is a new one for me to explore, that is going to fundamentally change my game experience, almost like playing the first time!

If memory serves, there's somewhere between 300-400 different POIs as of A19. So it's not quite doubling what we have now, but it's still a huge increase. It's also possible that some of the old POIs are being reworked to meet the new standards, but I'm not sure if those count as "new" or not. Either way, I'm really excited to see what the level designers have come up with, hoping we can get another stream in the not-too-distant future!

1 hour ago, EggsAisle said:

If memory serves, there's somewhere between 300-400 different POIs as of A19. So it's not quite doubling what we have now, but it's still a huge increase. It's also possible that some of the old POIs are being reworked to meet the new standards, but I'm not sure if those count as "new" or not. Either way, I'm really excited to see what the level designers have come up with, hoping we can get another stream in the not-too-distant future!

I hope the designers will also rethink and make more natural (I don't know how) the auto-trigger rooms.

They're spoiling part of the fun for stealth players.

I hope the designers will also rethink and make more natural (I don't know how) the auto-trigger rooms.

Not again! This was already discussed to death. Now I'm gonna say "Not all stealth players" and we get stuck in a time loop 😉

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

8 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

There, I fixed it for ya. :)

I'm trying to be positive . this very unsual state of my mind XD

6 hours ago, hiemfire said:

Sort of like the collapsed building in the ghost town in the southern part of Navezgane's desert?

Yep but  mixed with collapsed skyscraper , tunnel etc . Point of this bulding is to clean your path to room with stuff

4 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

55 minutes ago, meganoth said:

Not again! This was already discussed to death. Now I'm gonna say "Not all stealth players" and we get stuck in a time loop 😉

well it can be easy fixed by making clear rules like : 1.  you want to stealth you need clothes and go barefoot or with five fingers shoes or indian moccasines.

2. What can triggered zombies in this same POI ? :

broken glass - if you step on it in shoes it make  noice and trigger zombie in this same POI  . barefoot  this but you get bleeding

rubbish  this same thing but without bleeding

Fake floors ( it will make noice when you step on it) this same 

So to avoid detected you must destroy it first ( well it will be easier that implementing puting it ).

Door are offten closed so you need to pickpocking it because hiting it with axe or pickaxe will make a noise and triggered zombies. Some doors have alarm on it ( in bank shop lab etc) and will triggered alarm when it is hitted respawning zombie horde. 

3. what can triggered zombie horde?

- random respawning sleeping screamer and screamerina ( this is starved versions of screamer - less hp , more destroyed clothes  more dirt on hands and feet). - you must to eliminate her fast or she will call for help

- doors with alarm 

- explosions  (like some places have a lot of  barrels - you need to kill zombies before they will make explosion)

- collapsing ( some POI have fake floor but it works diffrent - when it's broke it cause collapsing of some part of building )

2 hours ago, meganoth said:

Not again! This was already discussed to death. Now I'm gonna say "Not all stealth players" and we get stuck in a time loop

Sure, keep ignoring the problem unless you have a 100% accurate statistics about that... sounds like what politicians do.

Are you one? 😉

34 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

Sure, keep ignoring the problem unless you have a 100% accurate statistics about that... sounds like what politicians do.

Are you one? 😉

I know for sure I died at least once because of it. And that is not neccesarily wrong. The same can happen with mines in the wasteland or around military camps, floor traps and surprises like on the first seventh day in any new 7days gamers life.

I am a candidate for the Zombie Rehabilitation Party and I will defend their right to get a fair chance in fights and eat people. Zombies are supressed everywhere. Look around, do you see any zombie being CEO of a top500 company? Have you seen the wages they get? How difficult it is for them to rent a house or just a social security number? There is a lot of discrimination here. Vote ZRP, we care.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Jost Amman said:

Are you one? 😉

40 minutes ago, meganoth said:

I know for sure I died at least once because of it. And that is not neccesarily wrong. The same can happen with mines in the wasteland or around military camps, floor traps and surprises like on the first seventh day in any new 7days gamers life.

I am a candidate for the Zombie Rehabilitation Party and I will defend their right to get a fair chance in fights and eat people. Zombies are supressed everywhere. Look around, do you see any zombie being CEO of a top500 company? Have you seen the wages they get? How difficult it is for them to rent a house or just a social security number? There is a lot of discrimination here. Vote ZRP, we care.

I NEED POPCORN NOW ! 

MAKE 7DTD 2 AS MIX OF  7DTD AND ASSASIN CREED AND HORIZON ZERO DAWN . ELIMATE ALL HORDES OF ZOMBIE USING BOW TO BE QUIET FOR ALL COST ! MAKE NEVEZGANE FREE FROM ZOMBIE . BE SILENT BE DEADLY , DON;T BE ZOMBIE XD 

• Crater Creator changed the title to A20 Developer Diary Discussions
  • Roland unpinned this topic