A20 Developer Diary Discussions

Roland

8 minutes ago, v3tro said:

While I agree that there should be key bind options for HOLDE/TOGGLE ADS, I hope that hybrid is also an option as I prefer current ADS hybrid system. Hold for ADS or simply click for toggle. Easy to use and practical.

P.S. I  play competitive FPS games and wouldn't call current system terrible. Suits this game. 

Its not easy to use or practical though, its clunky and bad user interface. If some people like it, fine. If they want to leave it as an option or the default, fine. Just add the standard input method used by every other game, which feels much better. Please. I'm just asking for the option. I'm sure it is not very difficult and it would make many people happy. Thanks.

Every time that topic comes up, after a few pages - when the propositor has backpeddled enough on his initial statements; not ever acknowledging the backpeddling, mind you - it all boils down to "the human rights charta dictates that every choice I make has to result in the same dps by leveraging the same ( very low) level of executional commitment and involvement as a certain other choice. I hold this truth to be self-evident even where perceivedly underpowered choices also offer some of the greatest benefits in the fields of base building, base defense, mobility, medicine and getting to produce my own weapons, ammunition and tools in the first place - all of these ensuring my continued survival to a much higher degree than hitting someone in the head."

Seriously, looking at balance is not looking at one aspect arbitrarily chosen; the latter also being common to every argument ever uttered in favor of making INT god-like already.

Not saying one could or should not act upon it: I do not care.

I just mind the endlessly reiterating sloppy thinking presented.

3 hours ago, hiddenyak said:

Its not easy to use or practical though, its clunky and bad user interface. If some people like it, fine. If they want to leave it as an option or the default, fine. Just add the standard input method used by every other game, which feels much better. Please. I'm just asking for the option. I'm sure it is not very difficult and it would make many people happy. Thanks.

I keep trying to convey the same message in good faith, yeah it's HOLD/TOGGLE ADS. In 19.5 scoping/un-scoping seems updated and more responsive (on the acceptable level at least according to my cognition by quickly pressing the right mouse button) but still, I`m not a big fan of the hybrid system unless it's ON/OFF in the menus. I`m always opting for standards present in most of the released games nowadays. Devs should look into some of the systems to lose the feel of "wooden era mechanics" (the official jargon of PC masters) to the game at least when it comes to character movement, actions, and responsiveness... this is what I keep hearing from the people I play with. It's not an easy task to properly formulate or name what holds the game back.

3 hours ago, v3tro said:

While I agree that there should be key bind options for HOLDE/TOGGLE ADS, I hope that hybrid is also an option as I prefer current ADS hybrid system. Hold for ADS or simply click for toggle. Easy to use and practical.

P.S. I  play competitive FPS games and wouldn't call current system terrible. Suits this game. 

Might stay as a default system, but I would rather see more options available in the game menus. I believe nobody is trying to be overly hypercritical in pointing out what could be possibly done in order to reach more people.

12 hours ago, ShellHead said:

Looking at the chart, it looks like AGI and PER need a buff independent of STR and FOR needing nerfs.

i’m a little hesitant to say INT is in a good place because the AOE effect is from a consumable and not inherent to either the weapon or a mod. 

I agree that comsumables should not count. In a current game of mine I just can't find nerd tats. Maybe a bug, maybe bad luck, but I constantly make a round of the traders and they almost never have them. So they are nice but you can't depend on them, and definitely not if you want to use tats consistently and often.

i get the argument that INT can just use other stat’s weapons without needing the perk and i agree with it. That being said, that’s true of every stat, not just INT. STR can use rifles to cover their shotgun’s lack of range, PER can use pistols for more flexibility, etc.

Wrong. While you use the rifle your shotgun is NOT firing. Turrets can be used while shooting any weapon. EVEN shooting in a different direction, try that with your rifle+shotgun combo

So that argument doesn’t work so well by itself for saying INT is in a good place out of hand, you would have to make the argument that a fully perked set of turrets + an non-perked weapon is equivalent (taking into account the non raw dps benefits of the turrets and the reduced combat focus of the INT tree) to a fully perked ranged weapon of another perk, which i’m not really convinced of at the moment.

19 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

Cool, thanks. :)

I might start it earlier than expected, since I just deleted my 7D2D world on day 5... I haven't made it past that point since late A18.

I am restarting my game too.  Talking about it made me want to stop my Agility build at Day 25 and restart speccing into Int as my main.  Generating my map now  🙂

2 hours ago, meganoth said:

I agree that comsumables should not count. In a current game of mine I just can't find nerd tats. Maybe a bug, maybe bad luck, but I constantly make a round of the traders and they almost never have them. So they are nice but you can't depend on them, and definitely not if you want to use tats consistently and often.

Exactly, if it’s not consistently available then it can’t be fully factored in to balance analysis.

2 hours ago, meganoth said:

Wrong. While you use the rifle your shotgun is NOT firing. Turrets can be used while shooting any weapon. EVEN shooting in a different direction, try that with your rifle+shotgun combo

I was referring to equipping a rifle when the hordes were out of reach or when dealing with a cop zombie, in the next section I mentioned the unique benefits of the turrets and how that should be factored in. The point was that any stat build can use unperked weapons to fill holes in their tactics so the argument that INT specifically is fine because it can do that isn’t satisfactory by itself, which is why i said the point of comparison should be a fully perked set of turrets with an unperked weapon vs another stat’s fully perked weapon.

the reason I’m suggesting perked turrets is because the Robotics Inventor perk provides huge benefits to the turrets which, given the initial weakness of them, lets them be more accurately compared to other weapons.

It’s clear that the INT tree’s combat capabilities are weaker than the other trees and it’s also clear that direct combat isn’t intended to be INT’s strong suit, the question is are INT’s capabilities appropriately weaker or are they overly weak?

On 6/3/2021 at 8:50 PM, MechanicalLens said:

Ironically wouldn't a hazmat zombie be the least threatening of the lot? Their mouth, hands, and almost every part of their body is trapped inside the protective suit. 😛

So true, also this would be a great incentive for TFP to add a "jiggly bone" to this one. I for one totally see that gas mask being detached/torn on one side and it flopping in and out of the zombies face as he moves around :)

52 minutes ago, Sirillion said:

So true, also this would be a great incentive for TFP to add a "jiggly bone" to this one. I for one totally see that gas mask being detached/torn on one side and it flopping in and out of the zombies face as he moves around :)

How about boob physics for the stripper  zombie

9 minutes ago, hiemfire said:

Already has that.

7 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Somebody's been staring.

rly why do you care about it? i understand her skintone - it don't suit to rest of the zombie - is too health . I undestand if she was survior but stripper should looks like doctor xd

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

Not so crazy about the smaller lumber jack however if it makes the game run better or have the zombies path find better I am good with it

The only taller zombie now is the wight. That one will probably be downsized as well. *Shrug* I find the biker, big mamma, and now the lumberjack far less intimidating than before, but so be it.

1 hour ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

Not so crazy about the smaller lumber jack however if it makes the game run better or have the zombies path find better I am good with it

I think they wanted to make him more "proportional"

3 minutes ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

Maybe, I assumed it had something to do with their path finding and the future thing allowing zombies to fit into one block openings.

Rly they want to add something like that? yep everyday is worst that day before . Well maybe better will be just put path fiding like - doors first. No door? make a big hole. and everything will be fine but no. just small hole and 7 hours of making wall will be wortless . whatever 

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)

9 hours ago, Yan Lelis said:

I'm not a kid, I have 21 years old, and you are a xenophobic @%$# 🥵

@Adam the Waster I'm just joking man, wtf ? YOU'RE CRAZY GUY, THEY'RE ALL CRAZY

I mean you have parents right? Like Anakin was luke's father  , Tywin was Tyrion father so you just don't find a point of this joke  because now matter how old you are you are still someone child right? XD  well we always joking use to it, like we are joking about snowdog being pervert XD 

Hi everyone! I just wanted to say that the game is truly amazing and I can't wait for all the stuff that are going to be added. I started playing it last week and now I'm addicted 😀Managed to get two more friends into the game so that I can play with more of my friends. The new models for the zombies are looking fantastic!

27 minutes ago, Juui said:

Hi everyone! I just wanted to say that the game is truly amazing and I can't wait for all the stuff that are going to be added. I started playing it last week and now I'm addicted 😀Managed to get two more friends into the game so that I can play with more of my friends. The new models for the zombies are looking fantastic!

Glad you're having just a great time with it! :)

Man it's so refreshing to see a new face and not have them immediately be, erm, toxic incredibly passionate and outspoken (but maybe not in the best way). :)

Just now, MechanicalLens said:

Glad you're having just a great time with it! :)

Man it's so refreshing to see a new face and not have them immediately be, erm, toxic incredibly passionate and outspoken (but maybe not in the best way). :)

I belive that there is no need for toxic behaviour :) I'm a very simple girl haha
And I know that the devs are working hard both on the forum and the game. I keep checking the forum all the time for all the updates and I just thought that it is time to join and maybe say few words 😊

Just now, Juui said:

I belive that there is no need for toxic behaviour :) I'm a very simple girl haha
And I know that the devs are working hard both on the forum and the game. I keep checking the forum all the time for all the updates and I just thought that it is time to join and maybe say few words 😊

Obviously I did not get enough sleep because I'm hallucinating right now, I need a strong tea or something. 😜 Again, such a breath of fresh air! Amazing attitude! Cool, calm, collected. Keep it up! Lol

Again, I hope you're having loads of fun with the game! I personally believe in allowing people to figure things out for themselves, but if you have any questions, any one of us would be happy to answer in good time. 🙂 Hope you stick around! It's always good to have another voice of positive energy.

Just now, MechanicalLens said:

Obviously I did not get enough sleep because I'm hallucinating right now, I need a strong tea or something. 😜 Again, such a breath of fresh air! Amazing attitude! Cool, calm, collected. Keep it up! Lol

Again, I hope you're having loads of fun with the game! I personally believe in allowing people to figure things out for themselves, but if you have any questions, any one of us would be happy to answer in good time. 🙂 Hope you stick around! It's always good to have another voice of positive energy.

Haha, tea is always perfect, no matter the time of the day 😜
I will definitely stick around! With all the upcoming conmtent, there is no way that I'm leaving any time soon! And thank you for offering the help, if I ever get lost, I will make sure to reach out here 🥰