A20 Developer Diary Discussions

Roland

19 hours ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

We will see....

you assume that there already is an unbreakable release day/date that he just doesn't want to tell.

Consider that game developers can't see into the future, and that many things can still happen that may cause a delay, even if there is a definite timeline today.

In fact, it is absolutely unpredictable how many weeks and months it will take, and whatever outcome there will be, whether your "reading" turns out to be right or wrong,

it will be an absolute fluke.

6 minutes ago, Trankitas said:

image.jpeg.dd201c623c5285f0b7a73e8ebd9b677d.jpeg

What about the new screamer skin?

Keep expectations in line with what was said, “better water (and I think better) water flow” or something similar.

Don’t expect tides or floods or water that washes building and zombies away.

Maybe expect a waterfall

Maybe expect water to drain out of a water tank that was broken.

1 minute ago, meilodasreh said:

you assume that there already is an unbreakable release day/date that he just doesn't want to tell.

Consider that game developers can't see into the future, and that many things can still happen that may cause a delay, even if there is a definite timeline today.

In fact, it is absolutely unpredictable how many weeks and months it will take, and whatever outcome there will be, whether your "reading" turns out to be right or wrong,

Of course it is predictable, one knows your staff levels and man hours available. Yes unexpected things may happen but that is why there is a range.

He gave an estimate with the answer, I have seen things like this happen all the time.

We will see.

8 minutes ago, Trankitas said:

image.jpeg.dd201c623c5285f0b7a73e8ebd9b677d.jpeg

What about the new screamer skin?

Sorry I had to kill your expectations considering water.

I am also very exited about the new "HD-screamer" and hope that they will showcase her in one of the streams. All the other new skins mentioned in the first post have already been shown, so there's a good chance they keep her as a surprise...hopefully they let her jump into the screen totally out of context and everybody poops his pants 😂

...oh wait, that would include me...ah whatever, might be worth it 😬

5 minutes ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

He gave an estimate with the answer, I have seen things like this happen all the time.

We will see.

Yes you are right, flukes happen all the time. 

8 minutes ago, meilodasreh said:

hopefully they let her jump into the screen totally out of context and everybody poops his pants 😂

...oh wait, that would include me...ah whatever, might be worth it 😬

That is actually a great idea, I still remember when the screamer first showed up after an update...I didn't followed the development of the game back then.
I would lie if I tell you I didn't screamed like a @%$#.

7 minutes ago, Trankitas said:

That is actually a great idea, I still remember when the screamer first showed up after an update...I didn't followed the development of the game back then.

Yeah, like in the K-fee commercials.

hooray, great idea, let's poop our pants.

Hopefully noone of the devs reads this and picks it up...wait, what was this thread about? ...oh-oh🙊

5 minutes ago, meilodasreh said:

Yeah, like in the K-fee commercials.

hooray, great idea, let's poop our pants.

Hopefully noone of the devs reads this and picks it up...wait, what was this thread about? ...oh-oh🙊

Now i have strong deja vu because someone was posting about it and one dev wrote something about it XD

16 minutes ago, Trankitas said:

Well i wait for new screamer to :)  i hope it looks more slimer and ragged

22 minutes ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

I miss the old background whispers and strange sounds plus the occasional dog barking in the distance.

Yeah it was good , @faatal their is a chance to add something like that again in A21? in Places like bunkers , old mines etc but more like easter egg like screams and crying from far, random sound of  shots etc 

1 hour ago, meilodasreh said:

Indeed. Software development is like cricket: you can tell when it's going to start, and how long you expect it to be, but you can never be sure when it's going to end.

24 minutes ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

I miss the old background whispers and strange sounds plus the occasional dog barking in the distance.

Yeah hope they add in some creepy soundtracks like that banjo that plays in the wasteland can be a Base soundtrack

2 hours ago, Trankitas said:

Hey guys, long time no see.

Is there any water overhaul progress to show? :)

I hope everyone is doing great.

im now into crappy photoshop :D

1 minute ago, Adam the Waster said:

Yeah hope they add in some creepy soundtracks like that banjo that plays in the wasteland can be a Base soundtrack

im now into crappy photoshop :D

Adam you know what? it could so good XD but random shoots , screams , sirens , explosions in distance can be rly something . So use your charisma and convice them XD

30 minutes ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

I love the compass. More practical because it's close to the ground, and easier to tell when you are going straight in a cardinal direction. 

1 hour ago, Kirill_226RUS said:

@faatal, sorry to bother you again with questions about UE. How would the game change if it was on UE5? And I'm not just talking about graphics, but for example about the speed and ease of use, other programming languages, other tools, and so on. How would this affect the content, gameplay, and release speed of new versions? ( And it's a pity that Epic didn't make MetaZombie😅 )

Well it could be " easier " to create addon to MetaHuman with wounds ragged clothes that make model from begginig. Well i hope another game will bo on UE5

Sure a newer game engine would probably be great provided:

we all understand it will greatly delay development 

we all understand there could be unforeseen difficulties.

there would be game changes.

Just doesn’t seem like the right time to make such a major change.

Maybe whatever secret new game @madmole is working on will be an Unreal 5 game.

1 hour ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

I agree.

Strange/spooky sounds are atm bound to just the wasteland, I would love some more in other biomes, fitting the scenery (like cracking wood and crusted snow gnash in the snow biome)

But ambient sound improvement is a point on the A20 list, so it will get some love (fingers crossed).

The whispering blabla got annoying pretty fast, so I don't miss that.

The dog bark has become part of the blunderbuss firing sound, noone knows why. 😄

50 minutes ago, Morloc said:

Did someone say "MetaHuman with...ragged clothes"!??

Wonder Woman GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

-Morloc

Morloc.. well  this clothes are  ragged not enough it would be more Vin from mistborn or Kvothe from name of the wind 

• Crater Creator changed the title to A20 Developer Diary Discussions
  • Roland unpinned this topic