A20 Developer Diary Discussions

Roland

On 5/25/2021 at 9:42 AM, Matt115 said:

And maybe icon "danger zone "  and first letter of resources like : Iron - i , Pottassium - P , LEAD - L , Oil - O , coal - C

I can't imagine that being more convenient if I had a really long list of different icons to scroll through and pick the right one from, instead of using the already implemented "mine/cave-icon" and just type in the corresponding letter into the text box.

The text box though is too limited/short sometimes, (8 digits?) so you always have to use abbreviations like "Fe 3" for "there are three "surface-boulders" of iron close together"

So yeah, that whole system hopefully gets some love, but I'm not a fan of long/overloaded (drop-down-) lists.

18 minutes ago, meilodasreh said:

I even count four of them

I have a big thing for words, particularly when someone speaks or writes without preparing.

less than three months seems likely, maybe a small delay takes it past three months. Over that is unthinkable.

The maybe & possibly part are key. Maybe is a soft vague commitment, possibly is an unconscious cover your ass statement.

5 minutes ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

I have a big thing for words, particularly when someone speaks or writes without preparing.

less than three months seems likely, maybe a small delay takes it past three months. Over that is unthinkable.

The maybe & possibly part are key. Maybe is a soft vague commitment, possibly is an unconscious cover your ass statement.

A-ha. And was he consciously lying or unconsciously serious about the "never pooped my pants" part?

46 minutes ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

You just dropped a huge hint.

I'm pretty sure he lied and the answer is "when it's done". Particularly when you realize he said it may be less than 3 months, more than three months, but not exactly three months.

44 minutes ago, dcsobral said:

I'm pretty sure he lied and the answer is "when it's done". Particularly when you realize he said it may be less than 3 months, more than three months, but not exactly three months.

Lol. Yous guys crack me up. Exactly 3 months from the day i said that would be really low odds. That leaves us with a 99.5% chance it is more or less than 3 months.

50 minutes ago, meilodasreh said:

A-ha. And was he consciously lying or unconsciously serious about the "never pooped my pants" part?

Well, I was counting since adulthood.

1 hour ago, faatal said:

Lol. Yous guys crack me up. Exactly 3 months from the day i said that would be really low odds. That leaves us with a 99.5% chance it is more or less than 3 months.

Well, I was counting since adulthood.

Well i think the best joke ever could be if you decided exactly after 3 months small update like : add only " a new roadsign" model as A20 and everyhing from A20 put into A21 XD 

Just now, Matt115 said:

They  hurt my lovely m60! how they could something like that! .... i must talk with them. Very serious  < 80' action movies vibs >.

But srly this shovel thing make me sick . junk revolver cool. Junk smg cool.  shotgun? cool but rly what the .... is wrong with MP5 AND M60. I had bad day and this make it even worst XD

i love it!

the m60 then looked like you got it out of a Rambo Warehouse and slapped a knife on front. the game is set in the future and i don't think M60s are as common as in the 60s, 70s and 80s.

and the makeshift looks is. *Chef Kiss* Perfect

Just now, Adam the Waster said:

i love it!

the m60 then looked like you got it out of a Rambo Warehouse and slapped a knife on front. the game is set in the future and i don't think M60s are as common as in the 60s, 70s and 80s.

and the makeshift looks is. *Chef Kiss* Perfect

Well  on east guys still running with MG34 , MG42 , maxims , k98 , brens , polish scorpions etc and it still looks as new. Plis let 7DTD be something beetwen walking dead , dawn of living dead and l4d2 not something like rage or mad max  xd. Rambo could just put bipod scope and that's it . knife o hmg looks so XD i understand on ak 47 ( btw why in 7dtd is ak and there is no m14 , AR15 , scar , scorpion evo , AA12 , SAW , or just thompson but we have somehow AK47 XD ) hunting rifle even on shotgun but plis not on m60. IF ANYONE HERE ME PLIS PUT JUST M1 GARAND , M14 AND ANOTHER GOOD AMERICAN OLD CLASSIC STUFF.  

28 minutes ago, Mr Lucky said:

How possible is it to see a functional water mechanic in the game? As in you cross a river, and it has real currents that will sweep you further down, or if zombies trail you, the river will sweep them away? If Mojang can do it, I KNOW you guys are capable, lol. Also, is there any thoughts on more variety of our weapon Optics/Scopes? Like, COD variety of attachments? Would be AMAZING with more gun modifications, especially the scopes, or alternate iron sights.

Gonna guess too much of a performance hit and too many labor hours to make something work that will be used once or maybe twice per game.

Scopes could probably be done easily.

3 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

I can't tell if this is bless or cursed!

SO ALL OF THEM!
ImageImageImage
i love that pipe SMG and the new M60!

LOOKS LIKE PURE HOMEMADE JUNK BUT I LOVE IT THE PIPE SMG IS GIVING ME SOME MP40 vibs!

ONE NIT PICK i have! is the Magnum. 

over all the other guns Even now with even the tier 3 guns having a Light makeshift look. the Magnum looks like it came Just out of the Factory!

same for the Pistol. 

Spoiler

980735586_Screenshot(46).thumb.png.4e34d17a4dc4d79e0c586afd371c6a52.png
also i think the double barrel would look nice if it... well... Looked like this

sense its kinda odd to add a Sawed off Barrel... too a Sawed off shotgun

1 hour ago, Adam the Waster said:

over all the other guns Even now with even the tier 3 guns having a Light makeshift look. the Magnum looks like it came Just out of the Factory!

same for the Pistol. 

Reveal hidden contents

also i think the double barrel would look nice if it... well... Looked like this

Nah man, if we have a sawed off barrel for our sawed off shotgun we get an even shorter barrel.

I will say what I do hope that the Shotgun will get revamped with new visuals, cuz I only use the shotgun.

18 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

I feel like a flamethrower would fit in into the Demolition expert class 

thats in perception right? I dont see a flamethrower suiting perception but i dont think explosives suit it either... probably endurance or strength (because fire fighters are strong)

9 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

same for the Pistol. 

Hide contents

Well this good :  a lot of guns would be in military bases shops bunkers etc so " fabric" guns looks more logical that  stuff from mad max

8 hours ago, Nimajneb10 said:

Nah man, if we have a sawed off barrel for our sawed off shotgun we get an even shorter barrel.

I will say what I do hope that the Shotgun will get revamped with new visuals, cuz I only use the shotgun.

thats the point. that would look stupid 
How Killing Them Softly Micro Shotgun Works In Real-Life And Yes, It Works!  | SHOUTS

32 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

Well this good :  a lot of guns would be in military bases shops bunkers etc so " fabric" guns looks more logical that  stuff from mad max

ture but to fit in the theme with every other gun,

at least add a bit of rust, maybe some Tape, wooden grip, etc

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

10 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

How Killing Them Softly Micro Shotgun Works In Real-Life And Yes, It Works!  | SHOUTS

This guns looks so good if they want to make game about killer who is trying make civil war in 1930 by kiling police politics etc  XD  but it not suit into 7dtd

10 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

ture but to fit in the theme with every other gun,

at least add a bit of rust, maybe some Tape, wooden grip, etc

i don't think so : ak 47 pistol or normal shotgun can looks like  something created by surviviors bandits etc but autoshotgun , military sniper rifle or m60 should looks almost new as taken from secret military base - no rust etc just putted from  metal crate

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)

18 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

This guns looks so good if they want to make game about killer who is trying make civil war in 1930 by kiling police politics etc  XD  but it not suit into 7dtd

i don't think so : ak 47 pistol or normal shotgun can looks like  something created by surviviors bandits etc but autoshotgun , military sniper rifle or m60 should looks almost new as taken from secret military base - no rust etc just putted from  metal crate

not really. the autoshot gun has Tape, same for the sniper

Spoiler

Auto shotgun has tape, a Spring Stock and wood
7 Days to Die Official on Twitter: "Here is the concept art of the upcoming Auto  Shotgun for Alpha 19 in 7 Days to Die. #7daystodie… "

Sniper has some crude metalwork, tape, wood, and a crappy stock!
7 Days to Die Official on Twitter: "Here is the new top tier sniper rifle  coming to Alpha 19! #7daystodie… "
TAR has a Makeshift stock, rusty metal, and cloth 

Well i'm so sad because 7DTD in my opinion going into something like Zombieland . Before it looks more like dawn of the dead or 27 days later . Now it looks less serious. Well i fell kinda dissaponted - when 7dtd was put on steam it looks more " grimdark realistic minecraft focused on zombie ". Now it's looks more like far cry new dawn" it is post apo but colourfull and cool" . I know they can do what they want it is their game but well i can say what i thing about it. I have this same problem with cod. Zombie on WAW were more "serious, kinda creepy " scientist stuff - 115 is source of energy for zombies guns etd but in future games it changes on "multiverse magic stuff" . This models of guns looks rly good i see someone was working hard on this but it dont's suit in my opinion to 7dtd more into rage

Just now, Matt115 said:

Well i'm so sad because 7DTD in my opinion going into something like Zombieland . Before it looks more like dawn of the dead or 27 days later . Now it looks less serious. Well i fell kinda dissaponted - when 7dtd was put on steam it looks more " grimdark realistic minecraft focused on zombie ". Now it's looks more like far cry new dawn" it is post apo but colourfull and cool" . I know they can do what they want it is their game but well i can say what i thing about it. I have this same problem with cod. Zombie on WAW were more "serious, kinda creepy " scientist stuff - 115 is source of energy for zombies guns etd but in future games it changes on "multiverse magic stuff" . This models of guns looks rly good i see someone was working hard on this but it dont's suit in my opinion to 7dtd more into rage

i would not say that. the guns just have a theme now, and don't look like they where made right out of the Factory

26 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

not really. the autoshot gun has Tape, same for the sniper

Hide contents

Auto shotgun has tape, a Spring Stock and wood
7 Days to Die Official on Twitter: "Here is the concept art of the upcoming Auto  Shotgun for Alpha 19 in 7 Days to Die. #7daystodie… "

Sniper has some crude metalwork, tape, wood, and a crappy stock!
7 Days to Die Official on Twitter: "Here is the new top tier sniper rifle  coming to Alpha 19! #7daystodie… "
TAR has a Makeshift stock, rusty metal, and cloth 

22 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

i would not say that. the guns just have a theme now, and don't look like they where made right out of the Factory

Well i was talking about how should sniper and auto looks like - new stuff from military warehouse.  Well everything in my opinion have a some "influnce " on setting. COD WW2 in first mission - beach , everywhere dead bodies , cuted arms, screams etc and you find ppsh in hands of dead german soldiers and it started to be ruined . Small detail but  it can kill "vibs". So ok - smg , pistolet and shotgun suited but magnum sniper , m60 and auto should looks as new "standard" stuff

Btw TFP doing good job and  appreciate it but i just don't agree with their decide how they are changing setting. Ofc they can do what do want because they are doing this game .

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)