Jump to content

Developer Diary Discussions


Roland

Recommended Posts

And I'm back and I'm not banned nor was my account suspended. Your soft side is showing @Roland. Might want to step up your game a little.

Or is this a subtle way of you acknowledging my relevance?

1 hour ago, Astronomical said:

Aw sounds like somebody's having a bad day? Don't worry bud maybe tomorrow will be better!

Whether you like it or not, this is my character from now on. So get used to it.

So tell me @Astronomical, you got family? Close family, perhaps?

Edited by MechanicalLens (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

And I'm back and I'm not banned nor was my account suspended. Your soft side is showing @Roland. Might want to step up your game a little.

Or is this a subtle way of you acknowledging my relevance?

Tell me why you should have been banned and I'll consider it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

@Kandrathe: this is not Factorio! :lol:

If people run 60 forges ( I thought 10 was over the top) maybe it is...   ☺️  Brass knobs, trophies, radiators melting in the forge is a pain.  I run out of space for low stacking items like radiators, and end up spending game time planning out how to not build a backlog.  I really would rather be mining, or killing zombies.  Not babysitting my forges, or mixers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Kandrathe said:

If people run 60 forges ( I thought 10 was over the top) maybe it is...   ☺️  Brass knobs, trophies, radiators melting in the forge is a pain.  I run out of space for low stacking items like radiators, and end up spending game time planning out how to not build a backlog.  I really would rather be mining, or killing zombies.  Not babysitting my forges, or mixers.

I don't know... I've built fairly big bases and never needed more than two forges.

 

That's the same reason I refunded Satisafactory on Steam... for me, it was all chores and no fun gameplay.

Fortunately there's 7D2D to make up for it! 😁

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

So tell me @Astronomical, you got family? Close family, perhaps?

Wh... what's that supposed to mean!? 😬

 

3 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

That's the same reason I refunded Satisafactory on Steam... for me, it was all chores and no fun gameplay.

Fortunately there's 7D2D to make up for it! 😁

Yeah more like Disatisfactory amiright? 😃

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Astronomical said:

Wh... what's that supposed to mean!? 😬

 

Yeah more like Disatisfactory amiright? 😃

1. I have a feeling that 2021 will be much like 2020 I'm afraid. I would suggest you keep a close eye on them... from afar, of course.

 

2. It's on Steam? Good to know. Not fun? Good to know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/14/2020 at 4:53 AM, khzmusik said:

And is now here...

 

Just so we know - are there going to be more A19 patches, or is this it until A20? Asking for a friend who is me.

 

EDIT: Not asking for a timeline or release dates or anything, just want to know what to expect. Personally, I just want to know if I can start a new game and reach level 100 before A20 exp drops.

Based on past releases, you uave plenty of time.  Id be very (pleasantly) suprised if A20exp dropped before April 2021.  If it dropped befoee July, Id still he suprised.  Especially considering the scope of the given roadmap.  Last half of next year seems a safe bet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DanLW said:

Based on past releases, you uave plenty of time.  Id be very (pleasantly) suprised if A20exp dropped before April 2021.  If it dropped befoee July, Id still he suprised.  Especially considering the scope of the given roadmap.  Last half of next year seems a safe bet.

I don't think so. The team that's now working on 7D2D is not the same team we had a few years back.

Now we have 2 AI guys, several Art guys (modeling, texture and so on...), several Design guys, Madmole can focus mainly on the general picture.

The only real bottlenecks I see are Gazz (who's the only one working on tying everything up in the XML) and (I think) Robert, who's working on RNG.

  • Like 1
  • Have a Cookie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

I don't think so. The team that's now working on 7D2D is not the same team we had a few years back.

Now we have 2 AI guys, several Art guys (modeling, texture and so on...), several Design guys, Madmole can focus mainly on the general picture.

The only real bottlenecks I see are Gazz (who's the only one working on tying everything up in the XML) and (I think) Robert, who's working on RNG.

June 2021 for experimental sounds good enough for me AT the earliest. Gazz's work is quite extensive, I just hope that he gets help ordering all the stuff for the shape menu. Hooking up that system is more time consuming  than, well, playing 7dtd.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

I don't think so. The team that's now working on 7D2D is not the same team we had a few years back.

Now we have 2 AI guys, several Art guys (modeling, texture and so on...), several Design guys, Madmole can focus mainly on the general picture.

The only real bottlenecks I see are Gazz (who's the only one working on tying everything up in the XML) and (I think) Robert, who's working on RNG.

Another bottleneck is Blake_ who is working on potato-testing. 😃

 

2 hours ago, Khalagar said:

So for A20, question about the Pipe weapons. There's a pipe equivalent for everything besides  the Junk line. Will there be some kind of Junk Pipe weapon added? ATM there is no stone age weapon for the int line, and a Pipe Baton will be nice but will still leave the Int tree a weapon behind the others. You  can craft a stone sledge and will have a pipe shotgun, for example, giving strength 2 tier 0 weapons while Int will only have the Pipe baton

 

 

I always had the impression that the INT player is supposed to be the guy that uses all the other weapons unskilled plus skilled junk turrets.

 

In early game he is practically as unskilled as anyone else in weapons (more or less), so even without turret there is not much of a difference.

 

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Roland pinned this topic
  • Roland unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...