A20 Developer Diary Discussions

Roland

Hey, this is kind of a random question - but I have been scrolling through posts and I don't see anything related. (I apologize if it has been answered, though).

Is there ever any plans to visually add variations to the same zombie type? Like, we have the business man zombie - but, what if there was a way to change the color of his hair/skin, change suit type (or just color), variations in skin damage? It gets kind of odd when you have a bunch of the exact same looking zombie in front of you (like immersion breaking type odd).

Of course, I don't know how to technically achieve this - but I think it would vastly improve the game if this was possible. Thanks in advance!

P.S. When is A20 coming out? Release the kracken...

3 minutes ago, DividingByZero said:

Hey, this is kind of a random question - but I have been scrolling through posts and I don't see anything related. (I apologize if it has been answered, though).

Is there ever any plans to visually add variations to the same zombie type? Like, we have the business man zombie - but, what if there was a way to change the color of his hair/skin, change suit type (or just color), variations in skin damage? It gets kind of odd when you have a bunch of the exact same looking zombie in front of you (like immersion breaking type odd).

Of course, I don't know how to technically achieve this - but I think it would vastly improve the game if this was possible. Thanks in advance!

no. the variations of the same type of zombie has been done before in like 30000 Alphas ago and it didn't really work/run well. i wish it was not the case.

I think it would be nice if the zombies just had a "Random walk style" so they would cycle through the types of movement zombies have (not the spider zombie though)

and when its done. thats when A20 will come out   

1 hour ago, DividingByZero said:

There are no plans for random visual differences between same zombie types-- at least in A20. Beyond that just depends on how much overhead something like that would cost and what other fish there is to be fried.  Might need to add something for the youtubers like we did for the twitchers...

A20 will be out sometime in 2021 guaranteed. That's as specific as I am willing to get.

4 hours ago, DividingByZero said:

3 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

no. the variations of the same type of zombie has been done before in like 30000 Alphas ago and it didn't really work/run well. i wish it was not the case.

I think it would be nice if the zombies just had a "Random walk style" so they would cycle through the types of movement zombies have (not the spider zombie though)

2 hours ago, Roland said:

There are no plans for random visual differences between same zombie types-- at least in A20. Beyond that just depends on how much overhead something like that would cost and what other fish there is to be fried.  Might need to add something for the youtubers like we did for the twitchers...

A20 will be out sometime in 2021 guaranteed. That's as specific as I am willing to get.

Okay so i will make it short, unfortunatly engine don't support this so this cant be added without too much effort so there is no chance to be added.

Btw Roland i think this is a bad idea.  7dtd is not cod or overwatch , it must defense in other way that popular games like biding of issac  , among us or helltaker.  It need something more like herobrain from mc , eater egg like cod etc "some" type of meme which can make it more popular and bring more people to fandom. How? just put  bunker with 9999999 hp doors  put big indian skeleton  etc so create theories similar to the forest , minecraft or cod zombies. I think gametheory for example will make a some films about that

5 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

Okay so i will make it short, unfortunatly engine don't support this so this cant be added without too much effort so there is no chance to be added.

Btw Roland i think this is a bad idea.  7dtd is not cod or overwatch , it must defense in other way that popular games like biding of issac  , among us or helltaker.  It need something more like herobrain from mc , eater egg like cod etc "some" type of meme which can make it more popular and bring more people to fandom. How? just put  bunker with 9999999 hp doors  put big indian skeleton  etc so create theories similar to the forest , minecraft or cod zombies. I think gametheory for example will make a some films about that

Youre Bat Shit Insane GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

11 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

Go record yourself harvesting a mine with your wrench.

Meme city.

5 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

Different walk styles would be cool too.

Maybe the changes can be somewhat subtle too, they are bringing color shading to vehicles, could maybe be a similar method. 

anyways, I get why it is probably tricky.