A20 Developer Diary Discussions

Roland

1 hour ago, Roland said:

There is a pipe machine gun.

Crossbows are unchanged I believe.

The pipe rifle is single shot and uses the same caliber as the hunting rifle. It is less powerful than the hunting rifle and can be scavenged Day 1 whereas the hunting rifle won't show up until later.

so it will take the role of the hunting rifle as the single shot rifle?

and is the hunting rifle going to be the same or going to act different? like a Real hunting rifle 
(by that i mean it can hold more then 1 shot lol)  

thank you for your response. i feel "SPECIAL"

Also cool! a pipe AR

1 hour ago, Matt115 said:

YOU ARE ALIVE  that's good because i have some ideas.....

come on leave that man alone too. 

I must be honest here. I don't really feel to excited about "primitive guns." There are not any real reasons to have one. Although they are cool looking, the fact that I will have something better via buying a real gun from the trader or finding one early enough to make the primitive guns obsolete and rather useless. This is just me, of course, but I would rather have seen something different in this place such as a golf club, or crowbar, or some other additions...feels like for the hype these primitive guns are getting, they will not be useful for long enough to justify them really...am I wrong here? Does this make sense?

On the other hand, the scenery is looking great. I am incredibly excited to stem into the next generation of this world. Soon, I hope.

I wish these guys could start to get a little more specific on all their "details coming" items. I'm curious to know approximately how many more POIs they plan on inserting into the world. along with many, many other things as well.

18 minutes ago, ErikH5027 said:

I must be honest here. I don't really feel to excited about "primitive guns." There are not any real reasons to have one

They are taking the place of the Blunderbus so that instead of finding only a blunderbus, club, wooden spear, or stone hammer in containers you will also find pipe pistols, rifles, shotguns, machine guns, and batons (minus blunderbusses). There is a huge variety of early game weapons that will key into the perks you are taking. 

You won’t be able to find weapons to obsolete those in the beginning. The traders are being adjusted to match your gamestage in what they sell and their prices are going up. 

Eventually, the only way to get an early T1 or higher weapon during the first few days will be to walk into the wasteland and try to survive long enough to scavenge a weapons box there. 

So there will definitely be a place for them and after a year of having the blundie, it is a breath of fresh air to have such a variety of new weapons. It’s exciting to get one and use it.  The hype is justified. 

24 minutes ago, ErikH5027 said:

I must be honest here. I don't really feel to excited about "primitive guns." There are not any real reasons to have one. Although they are cool looking, the fact that I will have something better via buying a real gun from the trader or finding one early enough to make the primitive guns obsolete and rather useless. This is just me, of course, but I would rather have seen something different in this place such as a golf club, or crowbar, or some other additions...feels like for the hype these primitive guns are getting, they will not be useful for long enough to justify them really...am I wrong here? Does this make sense?

On the other hand, the scenery is looking great. I am incredibly excited to stem into the next generation of this world. Soon, I hope.

I wish these guys could start to get a little more specific on all their "details coming" items. I'm curious to know approximately how many more POIs they plan on inserting into the world. along with many, many other things as well.

As long as they provide a reason in the lore on why do we have primitive weapons in the world (for example, a guy/group makes them); then I'm ok with them and with anything else. 

14 minutes ago, ErikH5027 said:

Thank you for the clarification on the pipe weapons. Although, now I'm not so thrilled about the gamestage justifying everything I can do or will ever find. 

Well, it technically isn't something that any of us should be thinking about. It is simply the engine by which the world progresses. Primitive weaponry is common and everywhere at first and zombies are run of the mill common infected. As time goes on you become better at scavenging and recognizing what is salvageable so something you would have ignored when you were inexperienced you now take and get it working. At the same time the zombie plague continues to mutate and worse enemies start appearing.

Even before gamestage was a thing it was the same sort of progression but more based on the day of the save game. For Joe regular player who does not come to the forums and who does not look into the coding, they aren't going to have a clue about gamestage. All they will know is that as time goes on the things they find are getting better and the enemies are getting tougher and the blood moon horde is lasting longer.

And what adventure/RPG game doesn't have some sort of progression in difficulty/rewards/new content as time in the game advances? Gamestage is simply the engine the devs have chosen to run that progression instead of straight day of the game.

17 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

You know the thug zombie is more serious now that he has unzipped his hoody.....

You've got to stop taking photos of me. I WILL enforce that restraining order...

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

so it will take the role of the hunting rifle as the single shot rifle?

and is the hunting rifle going to be the same or going to act different? like a Real hunting rifle 
(by that i mean it can hold more then 1 shot lol)  

thank you for your response. i feel "SPECIAL"

Also cool! a pipe AR

come on leave that man alone too. 

fineeee

33 minutes ago, Roland said:

They are taking the place of the Blunderbus so that instead of finding only a blunderbus, club, wooden spear, or stone hammer in containers you will also find pipe pistols, rifles, shotguns, machine guns, and batons (minus blunderbusses). There is a huge variety of early game weapons that will key into the perks you are taking. 

You won’t be able to find weapons to obsolete those in the beginning. The traders are being adjusted to match your gamestage in what they sell and their prices are going up. 

Eventually, the only way to get an early T1 or higher weapon during the first few days will be to walk into the wasteland and try to survive long enough to scavenge a weapons box there. 

So there will definitely be a place for them and after a year of having the blundie, it is a breath of fresh air to have such a variety of new weapons. It’s exciting to get one and use it.  The hype is justified. 

Well they will "special" ammo like blunderbus? If yeah this will be cool if not using junks guns will be quiet pointless because will be better safe ammo for normal guns

49 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

fineeee

Well they will "special" ammo like blunderbus? If yeah this will be cool if not using junks guns will be quiet pointless because will be better safe ammo for normal guns

no they will use existing ammo.

fineeee

In A19, players would start accumulating ammo but have no weapons to use them during the early game.  In A20, with the introduction of pipe guns , players will be able to use their accumulated ammo sooner.

Will be interesting to see how they balance the game with this change as it potentially can make the early game alot easier.

1 minute ago, Laz Man said:

In A19, players would start accumulating ammo but have no weapons to use them during the early game.  In A20, with the introduction of pipe guns , players will be able to use their accumulated ammo sooner.

Will be interesting to see how they balance the game with this change as it potentially can make the early game alot easier.

Well i think i was good like first you just have ammo to keep in box and when you have gun you put it there too and wait for blood moon. Well guns should be quiet rare

4 hours ago, Matt115 said:

@Adam the Waster i understand you made a kid but what do #!$# you were doing in Brazil? 

Drugs

1 hour ago, Roland said:

You've got to stop taking photos of me. I WILL enforce that restraining order...

you kinda ugly. i always though you would look like Robert Patrick

fineeee

my guess is they will just uses the base or special ammo! 

42 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

you crazy,

i find guns on DAY 1

or at least i buy them

9 hours ago, Blake_ said:

Oh, that would be cool and consistent with the other melee weapons.

Here, I just found the 3rd tier stun baton:

Hide contents

1858699007_3rdtierstunbaton.jpg.1d4a62add6844580fe1a2d5ab6211a7b.jpg

its really weird —- my wife must be a fan of this game.  Found a tier 3 stun baton in her night stand.

• Crater Creator changed the title to A20 Developer Diary Discussions
  • Roland unpinned this topic