A20 Developer Diary Discussions

Roland

Game dev takes time 🤷‍♂️
for real though, 7D2D is a incredibly ambitious project and has a ****-ton of moving parts, that’s gonna take a long time, especially with this having been TFP’s inaugural game.

this is exactly the reason i still want TFP to write a book about developing the game, there isn’t a dev out there that wouldn’t gain a lot from reading it.

On 5/16/2021 at 4:47 AM, bdubyah said:

I love this addition. Makes no sense that every zed in every house is just chilling in a closet or on the roof. I honestly hope the wandering sleepers become the most common.

It would certainly make the zombies feel more natural if you snuck into an area and saw a few wandering around, doing their normal zombie routine instead of literally "sleeping" until the player triggers them into rage mode. It's the difference between a world feeling alive, and feeling like you're just playing through scripted events.

6 hours ago, Roland said:

@Adam the Waster, your Mom has found her way into the forum again...

There can only be one!

7 hours ago, Yan Lelis said:

Hello guys, i'm brazillian, i created this account only to say how much @Adam the Waster is amazing, with picture of Flapjack, Captain k'nuckles SO IN LOVE WITH THIS ❤️spacer.png

Ok this is kinda scaring me. lmao

Just now, bachgaman said:

Street looks cool, but the zombie... what's with his face? Does it glow from the inside? Is it a zombie or a demon?

no its the flash light

25 minutes ago, SnowDog1942 said:

This random gen would  not make a good mistress, its very..... flat

thats cuz its a city lol there are no hills LOL

5 hours ago, hotpoon said:

Really looking forward to seeing these wandering sleepers. I miss the constant moving zombies from A15. A16's combo of sleepers and movers was great too, but right now the world seems too quiet and lonely with all the zombies sleeping in cupboards and rafters.  

Not coming until at least Alpha 21. 😜

Just now, Adam the Waster said:

i hope my add a crawler like corpses

where its Super rotten

hell maybe even a skeleton model, covered in blood and all that fun yummy stuff

And put skeletons somewhere like caves , collapsed tunnels itd  

Adam throw D6 to try convince @faatal

1 minute ago, beerfly said:

Really like how the red guy in the pedestrian traffic light looks like a zombie itself. Also, the vehicles on the road and the pavements additions are awesome.. It is cool that the school bus is now part of the street vehicles, not only be in front of the schools. New zed is cool, too. He is definitely gonna have fun with all of our new weapons 🤠

Will the street lights have this blinking sort of glitch effect btw ? The creepy one ? 

I STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT ROLE THE GUN WILL BE!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

2 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

I STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT ROLE THE GUN WILL BE!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

BUT! i do hope we can fire the lever action like the ones in Red dead. 

3 minutes ago, beerfly said:

Really like how the red guy in the pedestrian traffic light looks like a zombie itself. Also, the vehicles on the road and the pavements additions are awesome.. It is cool that the school bus is now part of the street vehicles, not only be in front of the schools. New zed is cool, too. He is definitely gonna have fun with all of our new weapons 🤠

Will the street lights have this blinking sort of glitch effect btw ? The creepy one ? 

Well i hope they are another  cars models tooo , well every thing looks greate but "rubbish" now looks like something from game produced in  2002 

@Roland good day to you sir. I was wondering if you would be able to answer a doubt of mine for a20. The OP says that 4 primitive weapons are coming in this next alpha, yet they leave a few weapons without primitive tier. Can you fill in the blanks and confirm (or deny) such claims ?

Primitive pistol- pistol- magnum- d. eagle.

Primitive rifle- hunting rifle-marksman rifle- sniper rifle

Primitive shotgun- double barrel shotgun- pump shotgun-auto shotgun

Primitive baton- baton -R. sledge- R.turret

1- What about Automatic weapons?

???????-AK 47- Assault Rifle- M60

I think I heard something about a primitive M60. Or is it a primitive automatic weapon akin to a crappy version of the AK?.

2- Are Crossbows getting a third or fourth model or are they staying put with just the 2 versions?

1 minute ago, Blake_ said:

@Roland good day to you sir. I was wondering if you would be able to answer a doubt of mine for a20. The OP says that 4 primitive weapons are coming in this next alpha, yet they leave a few weapons without primitive tier. Can you fill in the blanks and confirm (or deny) such claims ?

I think I heard something about a primitive M60. Or is it a primitive automatic weapon akin to a crappy version of the AK?.

2- Are Crossbows getting a third or fourth model or are they staying put with just the 2 versions?

just add sten XD this guns are just pimps connected each others

1 minute ago, Blake_ said:

I think the Baton thing is going to go like 
Pipe Baton- Stun baton- ????? baton

and the robots will go. 
Sledge- Turret- drone

and i think it would be cool if Crossbows were more like the repeating ones. becauses they are just a bow but able to shoot in water and more damage... thats it

No clue about the AR though

1 minute ago, Adam the Waster said:

and the robots will go. 
Sledge- Turret- drone

and i think it would be cool if Crossbows were more like the repeating ones. becauses they are just a bow but able to shoot in water and more damage... thats it

No clue about the AR though

primitive medival sport  and hunting crossbow

4 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

Oh, that would be cool and consistent with the other melee weapons.

Here, I just found the 3rd tier stun baton:

Spoiler

1858699007_3rdtierstunbaton.jpg.1d4a62add6844580fe1a2d5ab6211a7b.jpg

1 hour ago, bachgaman said:

Street looks cool, but the zombie... what's with his face? Does it glow from the inside? Is it a zombie or a demon?

1. the streets do look cool now.

2. face looks good, he is shribbling up from being infected probably.

3. that glow is from the dev's lighted helmet most likely to showcase facial features.

4. demon... haha nope, but he is a feral zombie hence the yellow eyes and night time when they have greater chance to come out and play.

he looks much better now,  that drab grey hooded jacket just wasnt scary,,, now he looks sinister... like he is up to something no good.

1 hour ago, Blake_ said:

There is a pipe machine gun.

Crossbows are unchanged I believe.

3 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

I still don't get the role of the Pipe rifle @faatal

it looks like a Single shot, and it would make sense if it was sense its makeshift. and it does not have many of the parts of the lever action. like that bottom part close to the hand. that is not on the prim lever action Art. 

and if its not a Single shot, what role will the hunting rifle surve? 

or will this gun uses a lesser caliber like 9mm???? 

The pipe rifle is single shot and uses the same caliber as the hunting rifle. It is less powerful than the hunting rifle and can be scavenged Day 1 whereas the hunting rifle won't show up until later.

3 hours ago, SnowDog1942 said:

This random gen would  not make a good mistress, its very..... flat

In this context flat is very very very very good. The random worlds look unbelievably good now--Especially cities and their surrounding environs. When you come out of the mountains and into the flats it is basically like a biome change. There is now meadowy forest and mountain forest that as far as I'm concerned count as two separate biomes as far as look and feel. As you can see in the recent screenshots, the urban pois tile together extremely well to create natural and well decorated intersections and city blocks. There are main city streets as well as back alleys and...more.  Wasteland cities are especially getting a big upgrade with all the wasteland themed POI's and features they've done. There are many new places to explore and quite a few of them will be for when you've progressed enough in the game to be able to survive in the wasteland biome so you won't be devouring the new content within the first couple hours of playing. (unless you fly around in Godmode like a turd blossom)

• Crater Creator changed the title to A20 Developer Diary Discussions
  • Roland unpinned this topic