A20 Developer Diary Discussions

Roland

4 minutes ago, JCrook1028 said:

So, where did you get this metric for the 7dtd Twitch audience? or did you simply make it up? Citation needed or info useless and ignored.

Even if the metric is correct, I think that the assumptions, conclusions, and speculations about what it all means can safely be ignored anyway. There is no downside to attracting 16-24 y.0. gamers to this game through them watching Twitch. It is all upside.

1 minute ago, Roland said:

Even if the metric is correct, I think that the assumptions, conclusions, and speculations about what it all means can safely be ignored anyway. There is no downside to attracting 16-24 y.0. gamers to this game through them watching Twitch. It is all upside.

Agreed. It kinda makes me insane tho when people just throw out garbage and invented statistics to falsely back a point their trying to make.

5 minutes ago, JCrook1028 said:

So, where did you get this metric for the 7dtd Twitch audience? or did you simply make it up? Citation needed or info useless and ignored.

Is it so important? Google then if you think so

1 minute ago, JCrook1028 said:

Agreed. It kinda makes me insane tho when people just throw out garbage and invented statistics to falsely back a point their trying to make.

Actually this age has no weight in the argument, but you are hooked lol. Apparently it hurt you

7 hours ago, mstdv inc said:

I would like to express my respect to @faatal for the optimization upgrade in 19.5.
avg indicators increased by 20-25%, and 1% and 0.1% became from 2 to 5 times better.I am very happy!)My PC is very happy, thank you!

Who noticed in A19.5 b1-b50
50?50 builds!!Amazing

i have not booted up 7dtd on my pc in awhile but kinda scared too TBH

with my luck it would go BOOM!
Hell my new xbox Runs better then my PC XD. at least i can run Ark on 60 to 50 FPS 

i can't wait for REAL 7DTD to come to console!, granted ill be like 32 by that time but god damn it will be worth the wait!  

11 minutes ago, ErikH5027 said:

So what exactly is coming to A20? Almost half of everything on the list claims that it will not ship in A20...

Here is a half-assed list of what I feel most of the players would want, content wise at least.

NPCs

More zombie varieties.

more items/special items

weapons

a story of some sort

more workstations

better immersion purpose additions

more pois.

more vehicles.

basically more options to customize their experience

I know there are plenty more

(anyone please feel free to add to this)

Can any of this be confirmed or denied as far as coming to A20/A21 or ever?

I know this is also a cliche question, but when can we expect anything new? Are we getting closer to a release of A20. 1 week, 2 months, 6 months, a year?

Please do not take any of this as @%$#ing or griping. I love this game. It's is pretty much all I play. I started on the console (we all know what happened there) and then because of the console issues, I basically spent about $2000 just to play this game on PC. I don't regret that. And I'm not going anywhere. But would love to hear some relevant information about new content.

Thanks for any and all responses, especially from any dev confirmed or denied information.

Erik

Hi Erik, welcome aboard to the PC world.  Have you visited TFP Twitter account yet? Lots of cool tidbits there of things being worked on for A20.  There are also some A20 details mentioned in the recent twitch integration streams where MM and Rick attended.

1 minute ago, Laz Man said:

Hi Erik, welcome aboard to the PC world.  Have you visited TFP Twitter account yet? Lots of cool tidbits there of things being worked on for A20.  There are also some A20 details mentioned in the recent twitch integration streams where MM and Rick attended.

or he can look my A20 pics :D

(many are missing though! Damn laptop)

9 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

I dont think I ever recieved an official welcome.  😕

I watched the Twitch Integration thing. I don't really understand it, but I am not a streamer or anything like that. Nor do I really know what Twitch is. I am just a guy who loves this game and constantly looking for more content. Some of the recent pics I have seen on this thread look pretty sweet. Partly what I wanna know is when I can play it (Don't we all right?) Along with that, I thought this was the official news thread for 7d2d. I am not a big fan of social media, so I don't have things like TikTok or FB or whatever the flavor is this week. I am no computer savvy by any means, TBH, I was fortunate enough to figure out how to download Steam and purchase the game and all that is involved with that, without too much trouble. So this means that whatever this Twitch integration is likely doesn't mean much to me personally, and that is OK. As far as the Twitter Account, I also do not have that so I do not think I can observe it without having an account. Maybe I am wrong, I will look.

Thanks for not giving me a hard time lol. Just want new/more content, and I want it now. HA

Also, I got the PC in Nov of last year. I'm grateful for the warm welcome, and I'm sorry more of you did not receive this. 😉

Small offtop but can anyone could why some many guys are so exited for twitch connection? I understand a streamers or guys from yt but most people will never use it. So it just cool addon to them and this is all. Maybe it can be controversial but kind true

2 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

why some many guys are so exited for twitch connection

because they like twitch and this will enhance their entertainment.

3 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

most people will never use it.

but those that do will be happy and it may increase the reach of the game on Twitch itself and bring in additional viewers. It was developed by one of the developers in his spare time so it did not supplant any other part of the game. Most people will also never use Insane Difficulty but there it is.

11 minutes ago, ErikH5027 said:

I watched the Twitch Integration thing. I don't really understand it, but I am not a streamer or anything like that. Nor do I really know what Twitch is. I am just a guy who loves this game and constantly looking for more content. Some of the recent pics I have seen on this thread look pretty sweet. Partly what I wanna know is when I can play it (Don't we all right?) Along with that, I thought this was the official news thread for 7d2d. I am not a big fan of social media, so I don't have things like TikTok or FB or whatever the flavor is this week. I am no computer savvy by any means, TBH, I was fortunate enough to figure out how to download Steam and purchase the game and all that is involved with that, without too much trouble. So this means that whatever this Twitch integration is likely doesn't mean much to me personally, and that is OK. As far as the Twitter Account, I also do not have that so I do not think I can observe it without having an account. Maybe I am wrong, I will look.

Thanks for not giving me a hard time lol. Just want new/more content, and I want it now. HA

Also, I got the PC in Nov of last year. I'm grateful for the warm welcome, and I'm sorry more of you did not receive this. 😉

No account needed to view.  Think of it like snippets of info. and pictures from the devs.  Ignore any of the posts about the Twitch integration if your not interested in it.

https://twitter.com/7DaystoDie

Just now, Roland said:

because they like twitch and this will enhance their entertainment.

but those that do will be happy and it may increase the reach of the game on Twitch itself and bring in additional viewers. It was developed by one of the developers in his spare time so it did not supplant any other part of the game. Most people will also never use Insane Difficulty but there it is.

If he did it in his spare time good enough . I can understand it on CS or Warzone. You know - people watch them, and buying skins , camoes because streamers do it to 

10 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

If he did it in his spare time good enough . I can understand it on CS or Warzone. You know - people watch them, and buying skins , camoes because streamers do it to 

Lathan (the developer who created it) is a streamer as well as a game developer so it was something he wanted for himself and created for himself and after he pitched it, the team felt it was good enough to go into the game so as to be natively available to all streamers.

When a developer wants to mod the game it often becomes a feature...

3 hours ago, Matt115 said:

Small offtop but can anyone could why some many guys are so exited for twitch connection? I understand a streamers or guys from yt but most people will never use it. So it just cool addon to them and this is all. Maybe it can be controversial but kind true

These people are happy with everything that is being done, relax🤪

25 minutes ago, bachgaman said:

These people are happy with everything that is being done, relax🤪

It’s not that we are happy with everything that’s being done. It’s that the particular items on YOUR list of grievances just don’t register as being priority concerns for some of us. Just different viewpoints and desires. 

7 hours ago, JCrook1028 said:

89.634% of people 8-97 years of age would agree with you 99.98456%

10 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

How will the Zombies can crawl through 1-meter hole Work? like if the wall has one block can they crawl through it? what half blocks?

Speaking of.  IIRC we were not able to crawl through a 1 block opening because if zombies couldn't we shouldn't. If they will be able to in future, will we, again, be able to?

9 hours ago, bachgaman said:

Is it so important? Google then if you think so

Good call. Let me see.

Oh, look! It's apparently the most asked question, too!  Aaand... there we have our answer: 73.6 %.

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.31f2d2250205870cf3b2f523c9c37371.jpg

5 hours ago, SnowDog1942 said:

Finally, someone appreciates me.  Thanks, I love you ;)  A/S/L ?

Hey i always remember about you. And you strip club too. Yes i will always write about it because... reasons? I guess btw i think every fifth alpha should have a good name like A20 : Dron and junk. A 25 : Bandit's lives A 30 :  A new hordes awakes!

6 hours ago, AtomicUs5000 said:

Could someone summarize what the "Wandering Sleepers" are (as listed in the A20/21 roadmap)?
... or direct me to where it was talked about, please.

I must have missed discussion about it, and I tried searching but couldn't find mention of it.

my guess is that zombies that are in POIs that move but they are sleeping

Just now, Adam the Waster said:

my guess is that zombies that are in POIs that move but they are sleeping

Kinda like sleep walking