Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
MechanicalLens

MechanicalLens

2 hours ago, ClanPsi said:

I agree with this point completely.  Melee in general is absolutely awful, with the sole exception being the sledge which is just barely decent once you max out every single relevant melee perk. 

I also believe that the best gear in the game should only be available through crafting, NOT looting.  Level 6 gear should be a max-rank ability for each perk, and there should be super rare looted materials (rarer than L6 gear drops that are in the game presently) required to craft each piece.

The game needs to be better tiered as well.  I shouldn't be finding L6 AKs on the second day and L6 auto shotguns in week 2, that's just stupid.

1. In your opinion melee is generally awful.

2. I'm not judging here, but I cannot for the life of me understand why some people find it's more rewarding to grab a handful of common materials out of their storage and craft the best gear in the game rather than going outside and looting.

3. Have you played Alpha 19? If so, you'd know that this statement couldn't be further from the truth. Unless you're talking about trader quest rewards; those will be properly balanced in A20.

MechanicalLens

MechanicalLens

1 hour ago, ClanPsi said:

I agree with this point completely.  Melee in general is absolutely awful, with the sole exception being the sledge which is just barely decent once you max out every single relevant melee perk. 

I also believe that the best gear in the game should only be available through crafting, NOT looting.  Level 6 gear should be a max-rank ability for each perk, and there should be super rare looted materials (rarer than L6 gear drops that are in the game presently) required to craft each piece.

The game needs to be better tiered as well.  I shouldn't be finding L6 AKs on the second day and L6 auto shotguns in week 2, that's just stupid.

1. In your opinion melee is generally awful. Or should I say, through the lack of your ability to melee?

2. I'm not judging here, but I cannot for the life of me understand why some people find it's more rewarding to grab a handful of common materials out of their storage and craft the best gear in the game rather than going outside and looting.

3. Have you played Alpha 19? If so, you'd know that this statement couldn't be further from the truth. Unless you're talking about trader quest rewards; those will be properly balanced in A20.