Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Crater Creator

Crater Creator

13 hours ago, BobbyLee298 said:

I wasnt talking about the drone, im talking about eather repurpose the Land claim block to do this or make a station, you can still use a nail gun obviously because this feature is for later game. 

Ya i probably is alot of programming but thats what happens when you make a game, heck if were waiting 2 years anyway i can wait another 2 months for a feature that would improve the building part of gameplay, and its a optional feature that im sure every person who says they wont use it, would at some point.

And if ya really hate it, you can always use a nailgun to fix the 200 blocks even the ones out of sight

Okay then, scratch AI & animation.  For the easiest way to get this feature, I would propose this design:

• Blocks within your land claim with less than full HP are tracked in a list, which is updated any time a block within your land claim is damaged or repaired.  If this is not performant, then exclude terrain blocks.
  • If your land claim block itself is at full HP, then every time you hit it with a repair tool, repair material is deducted from your inventory and 'converted' to a proportional amount of added HP, distributed among all blocks in the list that take that repair material.  The conversion rate is the same as if blocks were repaired directly.
  • So that new UI isn't needed, there's just one repair algorithm.  The list of blocks is sorted by descending order of max HP, and within those categories sorted by descending order of missing HP.  For example, that means for a heavily damaged base, the first hits of your repair tool will deduct 10 wood per hit and go to repairing damaged wooden frames (50 HP), then the next hits will deduct 10 wood per hit and go to repairing damaged wood blocks (200 HP), then the next hits will deduct 10 iron per hit and go to repairing damaged scrap iron sheets (300 HP), and so on.
  • Importantly, the converted repair value can overflow from one block to the next block in the list of the same material, so that you get the full value of your repair material.

This may not be performant though, even if optimized, so I still think a paintbrush-style repair tool that can touch multiple blocks per click has potential.

Crater Creator

Crater Creator

12 hours ago, BobbyLee298 said:

I wasnt talking about the drone, im talking about eather repurpose the Land claim block to do this or make a station, you can still use a nail gun obviously because this feature is for later game. 

Ya i probably is alot of programming but thats what happens when you make a game, heck if were waiting 2 years anyway i can wait another 2 months for a feature that would improve the building part of gameplay, and its a optional feature that im sure every person who says they wont use it, would at some point.

And if ya really hate it, you can always use a nailgun to fix the 200 blocks even the ones out of sight

Okay then, scratch AI & animation.  For the easiest way to get this feature, I would propose this design:

• Blocks within your land claim with less than full HP are tracked in a list, which is updated any time a block within your land claim is damaged or repaired.  If this is not performant, then exclude terrain blocks.
  • If your land claim block itself is at full HP, then every time you hit it with a repair tool, repair material is deducted from your inventory and 'converted' to a proportional amount of added HP, distributed among all blocks in the list that take that repair material.  The conversion rate is the same as if blocks were repaired directly.
  • So that new UI isn't needed, there's just one repair algorithm.  The list of blocks is sorted by descending order of max HP.  For example, that means for a heavily damaged base, the first hits of your repair tool will deduct 10 wood per hit and go to repairing damaged wooden frames (50 HP), then the next hits will deduct 10 wood per hit and go to repairing damaged wood blocks (200 HP), then the next hits will deduct 10 iron per hit and go to repairing damaged scrap iron sheets (300 HP), and so on.

This may not be performant though, even if optimized, so I still think a paintbrush-style repair tool that can touch multiple blocks per click has potential.