Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

12 minutes ago, RhinoW said:

Damage is good as is in my opinion, however , i believe all objects in the game should have keyword labels (if they don't already) to determine % damage reduction with fists (weak), mid and high tier damaging weapon/entity. Concrete should have significant damage reduction against weaker things, currently it is completely overwhelmed by anything more than 5 zombies attacking it. I'm all for strength in numbers, but not when zombies are strong on their own.

Wood/Cloth  0% damage reduction (current)
Iron -25% damage
Cobble -40% damage
Concrete -60% damage
Steel -80% damage

Bonus health is good against a single opponent, but damage reduction would be good for normal zombie hordes and long term stability.
And then you have bruisers and the demolishers that would ignore the damage reduction, making the extra block health do its part.

Currently the only thing (at least from what I could tell) that differentiates a concrete block from a wooden block, is the extra hit points.

Result would be that in later horde nights basic zombies could be practically ignored as they would do almost no damage to your structures. This simple strategy would be very effective then: Kill only higher level zombies and let the basic zombies alive.

meganoth

meganoth

2 minutes ago, RhinoW said:

Damage is good as is in my opinion, however , i believe all objects in the game should have keyword labels (if they don't already) to determine % damage reduction with fists (weak), mid and high tier damaging weapon/entity. Concrete should have significant damage reduction against weaker things, currently it is completely overwhelmed by anything more than 5 zombies attacking it. I'm all for strength in numbers, but not when zombies are strong on their own.

Wood/Cloth  0% damage reduction (current)
Iron -25% damage
Cobble -40% damage
Concrete -60% damage
Steel -80% damage

Bonus health is good against a single opponent, but damage reduction would be good for normal zombie hordes and long term stability.
And then you have bruisers and the demolishers that would ignore the damage reduction, making the extra block health do its part.

Currently the only thing (at least from what I could tell) that differentiates a concrete block from a wooden block, is the extra hit points.

Result would be that in later horde nights basic zombies could be practically ignored as they would do almost no damage to your structures. This simple strategy would be very effective now: Kill only higher level zombies and let the basic zombies alive.