Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
3 hours ago, Roland said:

"We already know our game is successful and we aren't measuring success in terms of any other game. Of course we celebrate milestones like 39K concurrent players and being in the top 100"

"We are streamlining and polishing."

But I doubt you'd have that surging milestone in concurrent players though if the core game wasn't made to be more grindy. Skyrim is a streamlined experience because you can jump on a forge to get restoration to 40 anytime you want, that's the definition of streamlined is it not? What you guys did was added more barriers to leveling and loot progression to drag it out for each player, and that led to more concurrent players because it takes more time now for players to get the same amount of satisfaction and fulfillment that they used to get. Before, 70 day runs were the average, and people just wanted to find new seeds run after run, base up in new POI's (Although you guys left the MD5 error unfixed for a year), and look for cool environments in RWG, get different loot every run, and have new weapons and mechanics and better graphics with time. Now most people just play until day 30, maybe character level 60-80, then try a new attribute in a new world with a new character. It definitely doesn't promote long-term investment in its current build. A16 was so good for long-term investment, but yeah obviously you guys left glaring bugs in it that gave it a horrible reputation on consoles and as a result on PC too, so you quickly scrambled to reinvent your game to stop the bad PR and pretend you had the solution all along. All you really had to do was build on A16 with these new weapons and perks without adding attributes and making the gameplay experience less streamlined. 

I know you guys feel like you have it figured out and I know it can't be changed. I'm just explaining why you guys are deluded in thinking so and I'm coming across as rude but I'm just being objective. A longer experience is not streamlining, and concurrent players just means you've created a game formula that denies people long term fulfillment. A16 was better for that, minus the state of the animations and everything else. Like I said, the soul is kind of gone. And it's simple deduction that the Telltale fiasco had everything to do with you guys reinventing the game. You're running a business, make your paper. Not here to judge that, just here to say you guys shouldn't throw away the old progression system entirely. It's a mistake. It should be preserved, even as a toggle option in the world-creation menu. Everybody who voted that they liked A17 better were just the people who stuck around after you changed it, them and anybody new who came after the changes. Nobody voted who preferred A16... I certainly didn't, because they, and I, were gone for a while. After the poor console port, the Telltale situation, and you guys dramatically changing the experience on PC with the attribute system, a lot of people just left for a while and felt it was going under. Votes don't mean much when you're only surrounded by supporters. Now, for the graphics, I deal with the new attribute system, but my disappointment is a constant thing. It used to truly feel better to play this game, it was the difference between crack and coke. Now it's crack

36 minutes ago, Roland said:

"We already know our game is successful and we aren't measuring success in terms of any other game. Of course we celebrate milestones like 39K concurrent players and being in the top 100"

But I doubt you'd have that surging milestone in concurrent players though if the core game wasn't made to be more grindy. Skyrim is a streamlined experience because you can jump on a forge to get restoration to 40 anytime you want, that's the definition of streamlined is it not? What you guys did was added more barriers to leveling and loot progression to drag it out for each player, and that led to more concurrent players because it takes more time now for players to get the same amount of satisfaction and fulfillment that they used to get. Before, 70 day runs were the average, and people just wanted to find new seeds run after run, base up in new POI's, and look for cool environments in RWG, get different loot every run, and have new weapons and mechanics and better graphics with time. A16 was so good but yeah obviously you guys left glaring bugs in it that gave it a horrible reputation on consoles and as a result on PC too, so you quickly scrambled to reinvent your game to stop the bad PR and pretend you had the solution all along. All you really had to do was build on A16 with these new weapons and perks without adding attributes and making the gameplay experience less streamlined. 

I know you guys feel like you have it figured out and I know it can't be changed. I'm just explaining why you guys are deluded in thinking so and I'm coming across as rude but I'm just being objective. A longer experience is not streamlining, and concurrent players just means you've created a game formula that denies people long term fulfillment. A16 was better for that, minus the state of the animations and everything else. Like I said, the soul is kind of gone. And it's simple deduction that the Telltale fiasco had everything to do with you guys reinventing the game. You're running a business, make your paper. Not here to judge that, just here to say you guys shouldn't throw away the old progression system entirely. It's a mistake. It should be preserved, even as a toggle option in the world-creation menu. Everybody who voted that they liked A17 better were just the people who stuck around after you changed it, them and anybody new who came after the changes. Nobody voted who preferred A16... I certainly didn't, because they, and I, were gone for a while. After the poor console port, the Telltale situation, and you guys dramatically changing the experience on PC with the attribute system, a lot of people just left for a while and felt it was going under. Votes don't mean much when you're only surrounded by supporters. Now, for the graphics, I deal with the new attribute system, but my disappointment is a constant thing. It used to truly feel better to play this game, it was the difference between crack and coke. Now it's crack

35 minutes ago, Roland said:

But I doubt you'd have that surging milestone in concurrent players though if the core game wasn't made to be more grindy. Skyrim is a streamlined experience because you can jump on a forge to get restoration to 40 anytime you want, that's the definition of streamlined is it not? What you guys did was added more barriers to leveling and loot progression to drag it out for each player, and that led to more concurrent players because it takes more time now for players to get the same amount of satisfaction and fulfillment that they used to get. Before, 70 day runs were the average, and people just wanted to find new seeds run after run, base up in new POI's, and look for cool environments in RWG, get different loot every run, and have new weapons and mechanics and better graphics with time. A16 was so good but yeah obviously you guys left glaring bugs in it that gave it a horrible reputation on consoles and as a result on PC too, so you quickly scrambled to reinvent your game to stop the bad PR and pretend you had the solution all along. All you really had to do was build on A16 with these new weapons and perks without adding attributes and making the gameplay experience less streamlined. 

I know you guys feel like you have it figured out and I know it can't be changed. I'm just explaining why you guys are deluded in thinking so and I'm coming across as rude but I'm just being objective. A longer experience is not streamlining, and concurrent players just means you've created a game formula that denies people long term fulfillment. A16 was better for that, minus the state of the animations and everything else. Like I said, the soul is kind of gone. And it's simple deduction that the Telltale fiasco had everything to do with you guys reinventing the game. You're running a business, make your paper. Not here to judge that, just here to say you guys shouldn't throw away the old progression system entirely. It's a mistake. It should be preserved, even as a toggle option in the world-creation menu. Everybody who voted that they liked A17 better were just the people who stuck around after you changed it, them and anybody new who came after the changes. Nobody voted who preferred A16... I certainly didn't, because they, and I, were gone for a while. After the poor console port, the Telltale situation, and you guys dramatically changing the experience on PC with the attribute system, a lot of people just left for a while and felt it was going under. Now, for the graphics, I deal with the new attribute system, but my disappointment is a constant thing. It used to truly feel better to play this game, it was the difference between crack and coke. Now it's crack

32 minutes ago, Roland said:

I know you guys feel like you have it figured out and I know it can't be changed. I'm just explaining why you guys are deluded in thinking so and I'm coming across as rude but I'm just being objective. A longer experience is not streamlining, and concurrent players just means you've created a game formula that denies people long term fulfillment. A16 was better for that, minus the state of the animations and everything else. Like I said, the soul is kind of gone. And it's simple deduction that the Telltale fiasco had everything to do with you guys reinventing the game. You're running a business, make your paper. Not here to judge that, just here to say you guys shouldn't throw away the old progression system entirely. It's a mistake. It should be preserved, even as a toggle option in the world-creation menu. Everybody who voted that they liked A17 better were just the people who stuck around after you changed it, them and anybody new who came after the changes. Nobody voted who preferred A16... Because they were gone. After the poor console port, the Telltale situation, and you guys dramatically changing the experience on PC with the attribute system, a lot of people just left for a while. Now for the graphics I deal with the new system, but my disappointment is a constant thing. It used to truly feel better to play this game, it was the difference between crack and coke. Now it's crack

29 minutes ago, Roland said:

I know you guys feel like you have it figured out and I know it can't be changed. I'm just explaining why you guys are deluded in thinking so and I'm coming across as rude but I'm just being objective. A longer experience is not streamlining, and concurrent players just means you've created a game formula that denies people long term fulfillment. A16 was better for that, minus the state of the animations and everything else. Like I said, the soul is kind of gone. And it's simple deduction that the Telltale fiasco had everything to do with you guys reinventing the game. You're running a business, make your paper. Not here to judge that, just here to say you guys shouldn't throw away the old progression system entirely. It's a mistake. It should be preserved, even as a toggle option in the world-creation menu. Everybody who voted that they liked A17 better were just the people who stuck around after you changed it, them and anybody new who came after the changes. Nobody voted who preferred A16... Because they were gone. After the poor console port, the Telltale situation, and you guys dramatically changing the experience on PC with the attribute system, a lot of people just left for a while. Now for the graphics I deal with the new system, but my disappointment is a constant thing. It used to truly feel better to play this game, it was the difference between crack and coke. Now it's crack.

29 minutes ago, Roland said:

I know you guys feel like you have it figured out and I know it can't be changed. I'm just explaining why you guys are deluded in thinking so and I'm coming across as rude but I'm just being objective. A longer experience is not streamlining, and concurrent players just means you've created a game formula that denies people long term fulfillment. A16 was better for that, minus the state of the animations and everything else. Like I said, the soul is kind of gone. And it's simple deduction that the Telltale fiasco had everything to do with you guys reinventing the game. You're running a business, make your paper. Not here to judge that, just here to say you guys shouldn't throw away the old progression system. It's a mistake. It should be preserved, even as a toggle option in the world-creation menu. 

28 minutes ago, Roland said:

I know you guys feel like you have it figured out and I know it can't be changed. I'm just explaining why you guys are deluded in thinking so and I'm coming across as rude but I'm just being objective. A longer experience is not streamlining, and concurrent players just means you've created a game formula that denies people long term fulfillment. A16 was better for that, minus the state of the animations and everything else. Like I said, the soul is kind of gone. And it's simple deduction that the Telltale fiasco had everything to do with you guys reinventing the game. You're running a business, make your paper. Not here to judge that, just here to say you guys shouldn't throw away the old progression system. It's a mistake. It should be preserved, even as a toggle option. 

28 minutes ago, Roland said:

I know you guys feel like you have it figured out and I know it can't be changed. I'm just explaining why you guys are deluded in thinking so and I'm coming across as rude but I'm just being objective. A longer experience is not streamlining and concurrent players just means you've created a game formula that denies people long term fulfillment. A16 was better for that, minus the state of the animations and everything else. Like I said, the soul is kind of gone. And it's simple deduction that the Telltale fiasco had everything to do with you guys reinventing the game. You're running a business, make your paper. Not here to judge that, just here to say you guys shouldn't throw away the old progression system. It's a mistake. It should be preserved, even as a toggle option. 

27 minutes ago, Roland said:

I know you guys feel like you have it figured out and I know it can't be changed. I'm just explaining why you guys are deluded in thinking so and I'm coming across as rude but I'm just being objective. A longer experience is not streamlining and concurrent players just means you've created a game formula that denies people long term fulfillment. A16 was better for that, minus the state of the animations and everything else. Like I said, the soul is kind of gone. And it's simple deduction that the Telltale fiasco had everything to do with you guys reinventing the game. You're running a business, make your paper. Not here to judge that, just here to say you guys shouldn't throw away the old progression system. It's a mistake.

25 minutes ago, Roland said:

I know you guys feel like you have it figured out and I know it can't be changed. I'm just explaining why you guys are deluded in thinking so and I'm coming across as rude but I'm just being objective. A longer experience is not streamlining and concurrent players just means you've created a game formula that denies people long term fulfillment. A16 was better for that, minus the state of the animations and everything else. Like I said, the soul is kind of gone. And it's simple deduction that the Telltale fiasco had everything to do with you guys reinventing the game. 

24 minutes ago, Roland said:

I know you guys feel like you have it figured out and I know it can't be changed. I'm just explaining why you guys are deluded in thinking so and I'm coming across as rude but I'm just being objective

14 minutes ago, Roland said:

I know you guys feel like you have it figured out and I know it can't be changed. I'm just explaining why you guys are deluded in thinking so and I'm coming across as rude but I'm just being objective