Alpha 20 Dev Diary

madmole

5 hours ago, unholyjoe said:

but you wouldnt mind it if it was you doing the sniping at 90m away at the bandit! :)

equal rights for bandits and zombies

honestly : i some game like arma or bad games like delta ops you have sitation like : you walk at night sneaky and randomly you get head shot. yeeez. Ok i understand if it sniper  with good rifle training. No, this is just simple terrorist with scope in his eyes. so i hope there accuraty will be 60-70%

13 hours ago, littlegreen said:

@Roland @faatal

Guys, are there any future plans to enable super sampling for the game? Either DLSS or FFX-SR (preferably DLSS lol)

I know it is best to optimize as best as you can so that stuff like that is not needed at all, but I am struggling to display Ultra settings on anything above 1080p in high frame rate, and I happen to be running a 3080, so... super sampling maybe makes sense? 😇

EDIT:

OK, just to be clear - I'm not bragging about having a nice GPU, I'm asking a genuine question. Screen resolutions are ever increasing and DLSS is a very nice way to get around that, whilst at the same time keeping system requirements low - thus targeting a wider audience :)

With a 3080 you're cpu bound, any kind of upscaling would just make the image slightly worse at the same performance you're currently getting. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

45 minutes ago, Naz said:

With a 3080 you're cpu bound, any kind of upscaling would just make the image slightly worse at the same performance you're currently getting. 

I'm not quite sure that's the case at 3440x1440 ... besides, my CPU activity usually resides in the 70% usage area with browsers, Discord and a few other apps open in the background (streaming in Discord as well)... while playing the game.

The thing is, I get more than decent FPS during normal gameplay, but during horde nights with all the models and textures around the bases we build - especially during night, when light reflections factor in etc, frames very often dip down to below 60 which on a 144hz screen does not feel nice...

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1