Jump to content

Alpha 20 Dev Diary


madmole

Recommended Posts

Considering quests for traders,

can we get an option to preselect what tier we want to do,

and then get (1-5?) suggestions for that tier?

 

So we would have more choices whether to do a long/hard quest,

or just a shorter one that might even be en route to a direction I want to go anyway,

or just fitting better into the schedule 'til next hordenight.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, faatal said:

I don't know. It probably just picks one from choices or none and replaces the blocks in the area.

Not likely. Clothing would not change like you think. That is all one mesh and full textures. What might change is accessories being hidden, like a hat. provided the artists split them into separate objects.

So it is possible in current situation to add for example - some zombies can respawn with backpack?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Like he said - these assets have to be part of the model to begin with.

 

Case in point: The attachments on a new gun like the auto shotgun are all part of the model. As a result they always fit exactly and are only toggled on/off as needed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Gazz said:

Like he said - these assets have to be part of the model to begin with.

 

Case in point: The attachments on a new gun like the auto shotgun are all part of the model. As a result they always fit exactly and are only toggled on/off as needed.

 

There are quite a few mods that don't alter the appearance of gear. Foregrips, retracting stocks, drum mags for guns like the AK (if I'm not mistaken), different grips for tools, etc. Will visual variety when adding different attachments to your gear be expanded upon in the future?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Gazz said:

Like he said - these assets have to be part of the model to begin with.

 

Case in point: The attachments on a new gun like the auto shotgun are all part of the model. As a result they always fit exactly and are only toggled on/off as needed.

Okay but it is to possible to be 2 "this same thing" on model like 3 types of mags and turn on only actually used and turn off rest of them being in this same place?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

By far the two things im most excited for in A20 are the new RWG features and the new model for the AK47. Also fun pimps this is just a suggestion but it would be cool if the pitch of the current AK loading sound was lowered a little bit cause it would sound cooler... at least in my opinion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is there still work being done on slowing down the loot progression? And decreasing the amount of ammo found? There’s hardly a need to craft it. Using a gun should be a last resort because of limited ammo in loot rather than a primary weapon because you don’t have to worry about ever running out of bullets. I’m hoping 7 days doesn’t slide over into the FPS category some day.
 

All that being said this is the most original game ever created and after over 2000 hours I find it just as fun as hour one. Keep up the great work.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@faatal I've got a couple of sexy questions about mods and settings:

 

1. Is there a storage mod for vehicles planned for a20 (or later)?

 

 

2. Are there any other mods planned (or designed) specifically for tools ? Like improved tool speed or more "wrenching" damage (scavenging).

 

3. A while ago you totally promised to look at the new game settings and improve things like days with 240,480 etc mins, more finer/varied range for things like horde settings, loot and xp amount (1000% YAY), airdrop frequency or even newer stuff regarding Zd hp and mystical things like that (extremely made-up feature, lol) BUT you also said that it needs UI changes. So.... the question is: are some of those "more option" tweaks going to make it into a20 or is it just the one and only "feral sense option" for now ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What are the chances of getting some different map icons for the different shops? Like a book icon we can use to mark off crackabook, pistol icon for shotgun messiah, hammer icon for working stiff tools. We already have the tower icon to mark off the skyscrapers, so would be nice to have the others.

  • Like 14
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, hotpoon said:

What are the chances of getting some different map icons for the different shops? Like a book icon we can use to mark off crackabook, pistol icon for shotgun messiah, hammer icon for working stiff tools. We already have the tower icon to mark off the skyscrapers, so would be nice to have the others.

 

Similarly, it would be nice to have a quick menu to stamp a POI's "status", such as "looted", "check this out", "partially looted", etc. (only one status active at a time).  Either text or icons, I don't care, as long as I get an easier way to note my progress on the map.  :p

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Maharin said:

 

Similarly, it would be nice to have a quick menu to stamp a POI's "status", such as "looted", "check this out", "partially looted", etc. (only one status active at a time).  Either text or icons, I don't care, as long as I get an easier way to note my progress on the map.  :p

And maybe icon "danger zone "  and first letter of resources like : Iron - i , Pottassium - P , LEAD - L , Oil - O , coal - C

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, bloodmoth13 said:

what about a Flamethrower?

Id love a flamethrower... and a tesla coil! could be the final upgrade for stun baton.

I think they already said they wont do it and they didnt want to add more gun trees.

Would love it though, flamer tree could be

  1. Spray can and lighter
  2. watergun with lighter
  3. proper flame thrower
  4. bigger flame thrower

tesla line could just be pipe baton, stun baton, tesla coil

 

a man can dream.

I feel like a flamethrower would fit in into the Demolition expert class 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Adam the Waster said:

I can't tell if this is bless or cursed!

SO ALL OF THEM!
ImageImageImage
i love that pipe SMG and the new M60!

LOOKS LIKE PURE HOMEMADE JUNK BUT I LOVE IT THE PIPE SMG IS GIVING ME SOME MP40 vibs!

They  hurt my lovely m60! how they could something like that! .... i must talk with them. Very serious  < 80' action movies vibs >.

But srly this shovel thing make me sick . junk revolver cool. Junk smg cool.  shotgun? cool but rly what the .... is wrong with MP5 AND M60. I had bad day and this make it even worst XD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

How possible is it to see a functional water mechanic in the game? As in you cross a river, and it has real currents that will sweep you further down, or if zombies trail you, the river will sweep them away? If Mojang can do it, I KNOW you guys are capable, lol. Also, is there any thoughts on more variety of our weapon Optics/Scopes? Like, COD variety of attachments? Would be AMAZING with more gun modifications, especially the scopes, or alternate iron sights.

Edited by Mr Lucky (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@faatal, sorry to bother you again with questions about UE. How would the game change if it was on UE5? And I'm not just talking about graphics, but for example about the speed and ease of use, other programming languages, other tools, and so on. How would this affect the content, gameplay, and release speed of new versions? ( And it's a pity that Epic didn't make MetaZombie😅 )

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@faatal Quick questions :  1. will be some new POI underground like mines , collapsed tunnel, new caves , buried body pits  etc?

2. will be new "outbreak"  props  like: dead soldiers ,  skeletons on desert , road sights about evac , posters , metal barriers , "furniture" barricades ( for example bed with chairs and cabinet on stairs) , drawing on walls , broken military jeep , destroyed plane,  concrete barricade on road etc?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, StrongWolf said:

So does this mean no more hot nurse zombie?

@Adam the Waster Used have a bunch of snaps from the live streams for the A20 dev from the endish of last year but it seems the forum's storage ate allot of those. The new nurse is blond with blue scrubs and has her jaw half hanging off.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, hiemfire said:

@Adam the Waster Used have a bunch of snaps from the live streams for the A20 dev from the endish of last year but it seems the forum's storage ate allot of those. The new nurse is blond with blue scrubs and has her jaw half hanging off.

i cleaned my laptop and they are all gone!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

i cleaned my laptop and they are all gone!

So this mean we need new steams asap XD btw what do you wish as another TFP game be? another sandbox ,rpg , rts or snowdog strip club simulator? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Kirill_226RUS said:

@faatal, sorry to bother you again with questions about UE. How would the game change if it was on UE5? And I'm not just talking about graphics, but for example about the speed and ease of use, other programming languages, other tools, and so on. How would this affect the content, gameplay, and release speed of new versions? ( And it's a pity that Epic didn't make MetaZombie😅 )

 

It might be better or not. UE5 would not just make the game magically better.

 

The code would probably be c++ and might run a bit faster, but c# compilers have been making good improvements, so probably about the same.

 

Release speed would be really slow, since we would have to learn a whole lot of new tech and redo a ton of work. ;)

6 hours ago, Matt115 said:

@faatal Quick questions :  1. will be some new POI underground like mines , collapsed tunnel, new caves , buried body pits  etc?

2. will be new "outbreak"  props  like: dead soldiers ,  skeletons on desert , road sights about evac , posters , metal barriers , "furniture" barricades ( for example bed with chairs and cabinet on stairs) , drawing on walls , broken military jeep , destroyed plane,  concrete barricade on road etc?

1 Don't know what they are planning.

2 Sure, but I doubt it will be your list.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...