Alpha 20 Dev Diary

madmole

3 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Bacon and eggs seem to easy to make for a recipe?  Just rename it to gluten free bacon and egg pie and update its icon.  Immersion resolved....😁

...or Pristine Bacon & Eggs (poached & un charred lol)

But were the eggs pasture raised and the pigs forage fed for optimal omega 3 fats?  That omega 6 fat is what brought on the zombie infections.

hey i dont really have much options as to how i would go about asking is there any way to increase the amount of towns generated in rwg past the capped limit so i thought i would ask it here: in the rwg.xml file i generated 2 10k worlds one with the default values with towns being set to many which i believe is 4? then in the next modified 10k world i set it to the value 10 and i noticed in the generation that it said generating 50 towns or something like that but in the end both worlds had the same amount of towns so i am wondering is that a hard coded limit or is there any way to bypass this and

generate as much towns as i would like and or cities 

any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Callum123456789 (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, Callum123456789 said:

hey i dont really have much options as to how i would go about asking is there any way to increase the amount of towns generated in rwg past the capped limit so i thought i would ask it here: in the rwg.xml file i generated 2 10k worlds one with the default values with towns being set to many which i believe is 4? then in the next modified 10k world i set it to the value 10 and i noticed in the generation that it said generating 50 towns or something like that but in the end both worlds had the same amount of towns so i am wondering is that a hard coded limit or is there any way to bypass this and generate as much towns as i would like and or cities 

There should be min/max tile variables listed in the rwgmixer files for 6k/8k/10k world sizes that you can mess around with.

Be warned though, modifying these values can seriously impact performance.

Edited by Laz Man (see edit history)

5 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

There should be min/max tile variables listed in the rwgmixer files for 6k/8k/10k world sizes that you can mess around with.

i like  to test things i know all the consequences of modifying things thanks for the info and ill let you know if modifying the tiles min and max values

2 hours ago, Laz Man said:

it works but then it will only spawn in like 2 or 3 cities which is odd overall im seeing positive results and suprisingly minimal fps loss i have generated a mega city with atleast 200 tiles and my fps seems completely fine 

4 minutes ago, LastTugBoat243 said:

I loved learn by doing. Hope they bring that back.

lbd is good and bad i love it but i also dont its complicated i miss it sometimes too but i think mods will cover this e.g. darkness falls both perk systems have their ups and downs

1 minute ago, Laz Man said:

Unless those 2 to 3 towns took up all of the real estate of the map? :p

they sure did ill post a screen shot soon

Sorry to write here, I don't know where else to ask for this...

@Roland Yesterday I filed a bug report in the proper section, but I realized I didn't fill in the "expected result" part. So I decided to edit my report, but I realized it's not possible! Why? Could you enable the possibility to edit bug reports in the future? Currently, you have to get it right the first time or you're in trouble, because you may have mistyped something or completely missed something that is fundamental for the report to be valid.

Thank you :yo:

21 hours ago, Morloc said:

Why would there be a "frontier bacon" recipe in a pre-apocalypse kitchen cupboard?

Maybe in a handbook at a military survivor school? Admittedly, probably not a recipe for bacon, but I remember being shown how to make sun dried rabbit jerky during a day of survival training for cadets.

On 1/11/2022 at 9:13 AM, Morloc said:

Why would there be a "frontier bacon" recipe in a pre-apocalypse kitchen cupboard?

-Arch Necromancer Morloc 💀

Or maybe it was written POST-apocalypse by other, earlier survivors trying to help their clan make some breakfast?  Nobody knows how long the apocalypse has been around when the game starts, but since there are organized clans it's safe to assume more than a few years have passed.

2 hours ago, zztong said:

Maybe in a handbook at a military survivor school?

Sure, but that'd be special loot from a rare POI. We play in a world where we have to work at finding jars to hold water, or the uncommon intact cooking pot. The recipes are mostly just gates for game balance. I'm having fun with the idea that we need instructions on how to make something as simple as bacon & eggs.

If we wanted to be more logical, but less convenient, we could have a book or perk in the cooking tree which allowed for Butchering with everything involving meat (perhaps the exception of Charred Meat) gated behind it. Butchering Book or Perk needed to make those recipes even if you know them. B&E could be a "freebee" when you gain the skill/read the book.

19 minutes ago, Ricowan said:

Or maybe it was written POST-apocalypse by other, earlier survivors trying to help their clan make some breakfast?  Nobody knows how long the apocalypse has been around when the game starts, but since there are organized clans it's safe to assume more than a few years have passed.

When we get to the point where we need to slaughter pigs ourselves to survive, nobody's going to need to write down the process. Everyone involved will learn first-hand, and remember it vividly.

-Arch Necromancer Morloc 💀

So I'm not seeing this enough or repeatable enough to do a bug report but today was yet another occasion where I came upon a POI with the back door already open making it a straight simple down the ladder to the treasure room.  Today was in in house_old_victorian_01.  I did my quick walk around and noticed the vaultHatch was open.

Edited by Red Eagle LXIX (see edit history)

11 minutes ago, Red Eagle LXIX said:

So I'm not seeing this enough or repeatable enough to do a bug report but today was yet another occasion where I came upon a POI with the back door already open making it a straight simple down the ladder to the treasure room.  Today was in in house_old_victorian_01.  I did my quick walk around and noticed the vaultHatch was open.

Saw this the other day in one of my savegames, I guess a Pimp forgot to close it.

They better send one out there to fix this mistake. 

16 hours ago, Callum123456789 said:

now this is epic look at this bigass city lol i missed these when hub city got removed in a17

image.thumb.png.ffd8e6e8b4398780a6997f3aa016b583.png

"I love the new cities in a20 but wish the cities were packed a lot closer or were built to be like a huge downtown district tight and cramped." :)

16 hours ago, Callum123456789 said:

Edited by LastTugBoat243 (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Red Eagle LXIX said:

Thanks for posting the poi name, Red.  I have one in my current game so after saving I teleported there (have not even come close to approaching it 'naturally') and the hatch is closed and locked.  (I have 12 mods going - 3 yours (thanks! - although I do tweak) - but none affect generation other than your RWG sizes one, but I used 10k anyways for this run through.)

I just checked 2 other A20 game runs (no mods for either) and both of those also have hatch closed and locked.  I also remember my first run (I deleted the saves for it) and that was my 5th or 6th poi and it was definitely closed and locked.  (I had a base right across the 'rear' street from it...)

Edited by Quantum Blue
Update (see edit history)

This is a bit off-topic, but I'll throw it here anyway,,, in my current run I'm going perception and using a spear. I've noticed that when I charge the zeds, and thrust the spear into them while running,  It looks like I do more damage and/or get more easily a dismemberment. Maybe I'm imagining things, but does anyone know if there is any bonus applied to "running attacks" (that old perk from a few alphas ago called "Charging Bull" comes to my mind). Thanks

34 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

This is a bit off-topic, but I'll throw it here anyway,,, in my current run I'm going perception and using a spear. I've noticed that when I charge the zeds, and thrust the spear into them while running,  It looks like I do more damage and/or get more easily a dismemberment. Maybe I'm imagining things, but does anyone know if there is any bonus applied to "running attacks" (that old perk from a few alphas ago called "Charging Bull" comes to my mind). Thanks

Well with brawling and that one brawling book...I do charge and punch zombies for more "knockback" but it sure seems to pop a lot of heads when I run into them like that...dont know if its the perk from that book or not!

40 minutes ago, Demonoid74 said:

Well with brawling and that one brawling book...I do charge and punch zombies for more "knockback" but it sure seems to pop a lot of heads when I run into them like that...dont know if its the perk from that book or not!

The Humungus' buff

6 hours ago, Red Eagle LXIX said:

i reported the back door issue. the hatch is tagged and tied to the switch below and is locked in my builds in editor, playtest and in navezgane.

sorry :)

A21.0_2022-01-12_16-45-23.jpg

41 minutes ago, unholyjoe said:

i reported the back door issue. the hatch is tagged and tied to the switch below and is locked in my builds in editor, playtest and in navezgane.

sorry :)

Exactly my point it isn't repeatable enough.  It is as if sometimes a POI will load wrong and the door ends up in the wrong state.  I've been through this very same POI on this map at a different location and it was correctly closed.   Just something to watch for.