Alpha 20 Dev Diary

4 hours ago, khzmusik said:

Do any of these visually change the vehicles? Or are they similar to tools in workstations, that just affect functionality but aren't visible on the models themselves?

I'm asking because, back when vehicle mods were first introduced to us, it sounded like they would introduce something like player clothing but for vehicles. Like, the "cow catcher" on the front of the 4x4 wouldn't be there originally, it would be a mod.

If that is being worked on for vehicles, it might mean that progress is being made on replacing UMA for players. So I'm genuinely curious.

No visual changes other than the cosmetic mods (dyes) tint parts of the vehicle. The headlight mod does make more light.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, faatal said:

Some of them.

Storage changes are not trivial. Maybe after a20.

I have a couple of questions:

1. What is the "Super Charger" mod and what does it do exactly? 

2. Is there any mod planned to make climbing moderate hills/ slopes easier ?

4 hours ago, faatal said:

No visual changes other than the cosmetic mods (dyes) tint parts of the vehicle. The headlight mod does make more light.

That's a bummer... visual changes to the vehicle when you add mods are not only for aesthetics, they also give to us (players) a sense of progression and attainment IMO.

I understand it's a LOT of work, so I won't complain, I'm just saying it should be added in the future since it's not only nice to have but also good for better immersion.

• Sympathy 1
48 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

That's a bummer... visual changes to the vehicle when you add mods are not only for aesthetics, they also give to us (players) a sense of progression and attainment IMO.

I understand it's a LOT of work, so I won't complain, I'm just saying it should be added in the future since it's not only nice to have but also good for better immersion.

We should get the ability to capture and tame wild vehicles too. And train them to higher levels. I believe that gives us players a sense of progression and attainment too. Also it would be cool to have npc leaders in each town  that  give us medals when defeated.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Knuckle Rub 2
5 hours ago, Blake_ said:

I have a couple of questions:

1. What is the "Super Charger" mod and what does it do exactly? 

2. Is there any mod planned to make climbing moderate hills/ slopes easier ?

seeing as a supercharger increases power i guess you second question is answered by your first...  expect fuel consumption to increase with a supercharger....

20 hours ago, faatal said:

These are the planned vehicle mods:

Fuel Saver - Works

Off Road Headlights - Works

Super Charger -  Works

Expanded Seat - TODO

Reserve Fuel Tank - Working on today

None of them are fully done, since they still need icons, schematics and put in loot lists.

Drone should be in a20.

Could you expand on the expanded seat. For instance does that mean we can finally take a passenger on the motorcycle and pop a couple more people in back of the 4x4? Will it also affect the minibike? Bicycle I can see staying as single seater...

1 hour ago, Gamida said:

Could you expand on the expanded seat. For instance does that mean we can finally take a passenger on the motorcycle and pop a couple more people in back of the 4x4? Will it also affect the minibike? Bicycle I can see staying as single seater...

Would be great if we could have a max of 8 people fit on a single bicycle... 😜

23 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Would be great if we could have a max of 8 people fit on a single bicycle... 😜

lol do I see a circus mod in the future. Would work perfect with the horn we have now.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, pregnable said:

I dare you to share more information on the clothing sets that have not been discussed yet, unless you are scared...

Plant fiber set being viable when high enough quality sounded interesting. 

Sure. I know exactly nothing about what they have planned. ;)

23 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

How about a spikes mod for increased damage against entities? :)

So how will the mod design work exactly? Will there be a progression system where the minibike can hold more mod(s) than a bike, a motorcycle more than the minibike, and so on?

the Minibike should look like a Bike but. Has a Motor 

And spikes would be cool. 

some more offensive parts of vehicles would be nice.

Spike: Easy deal bleed and Deal damage
Wedge: knocks enemies and other Vehicles Away and adds armor. 

Motor Blades: Want to make a Super lawn mower but for zombies?  Sure, uses more fuel and power.