Alpha 20 Dev Diary

madmole

42 minutes ago, wicketness said:

They seriously need to just stop guessing.

I was hyped for A20 now it is just costing money lol.

Oh well i got a wicked host system in preparation for A20,

The FTP Trend is now 1.5 years per patch.

How is this costing money?  I'm confused......

57 minutes ago, bachgaman said:

Because you argue with me. Check it out. This is exactly what I am talking about. So you can thank me for the likes!😋

I like to think that they give a thumbs down for toxic posts really.  The ones they did on mine where ones, after reflecting on them, I came off toxic when I didn't intend to.

Probably just speculating on my part, but the idea of me having an external moral compass to go with my internal just makes me feel better  😆

1 hour ago, faatal said:

There is plenty of crunching going on. I logged 73 hours last week (I track my hours every day), which may be the most in a week of any game I've ever worked on. I don't mind. I love this game. Rest will come later.

I love the dedication product of your love for this game. And I love the game too! Maybe because you love to love the game ! 

But wait just a sec, don't you feel like your love is lessened when those MF show up on your doorstep to spoil the kissing booth and bug the mood? 

Nevermind, the best part of it all is that you get to say that you spent the weekend with some MF.

15 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

How is this costing money?  I'm confused......

I like to think that they give a thumbs down for toxic posts really.  The ones they did on mine where ones, after reflecting on them, I came off toxic when I didn't intend to.

Probably just speculating on my part, but the idea of me having an external moral compass to go with my internal just makes me feel better  😆

I upgraded on the post A20 was releasing Halloween.

I don't rent game servers. I rent Bare Metal Hosts, currently $280 a month since Sept. 1st.

Knowing what we know now i could have waited 2 months and just saved up.

Just annoys me that they are constantly posting guesses build up the hype and delay month after month.

I love this game but i am here to rant and get it outta my system, I been hosting since 2014 and i spent a lot of money hosting 7 days to die. for my gaming group.

I just hate bad laggy servers, nothing gets done right unless you do it your self.

That's My Nickel.

torch-clipart-pitchfork-2-800x600-300x225.jpg

3 minutes ago, Eighmy_Lupin said:

Why don't you just build a sever pc? You could easily build one for like 2 or 3 months worth of that and run multiple servers on it.

Bad net at home?

my standards are too high and maximum net i can get is only 150 mbps upload.
I only rent 1 GBPS Networks now ( In/Out) 7dtd runs a lot better with one.

aside from my ranting i actually really care about what my supporters think about SMS Game servers.

I am here to vent and stir the pot TFP created.

pic5026399.webp

Edited by wicketness (see edit history)

57 minutes ago, wicketness said:

57 minutes ago, wicketness said:

I been hosting since 2014

Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Why on earth would you upgrade in anticipation of an experimental build anyway? Why not wait until experimental drops and then upgrade in anticipation of the stable release? You should definitely know after 7 years that release dates are never set in stone and they do change and are missed more often than not.

I'm sure enough about the current December date that I'm not going to go post December/January as was suggested but I wouldn't go spending a lot of money based on that date.

3 hours ago, Roland said:

Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Why on earth would you upgrade in anticipation of an experimental build anyway? Why not wait until experimental drops and then upgrade in anticipation of the stable release? You should definitely know after 7 years that release dates are never set in stone and they do change and are missed more often than not.

I'm sure enough about the current December date that I'm not going to go post December/January as was suggested but I wouldn't go spending a lot of money based on that date.

I know silly right.

I am sure i made this same statement multiple times just before Alpha releases.

I will now prebook my RANTS for A21.

now to make you rethink you server posting rules >:)

Muh hahahahahahaaaaaa!!!!!  Pretzels!

index.jpg

Edited by wicketness
wrong word (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Roland said:

The team meeting finished up this morning and the decision was made to not try and crunch and force the release this weekend.

What?!  I watched the dev stream!  The one where they all made blood oaths that A20 Stable would be out on time for Thanksgiving!  They were even standing around a server with every Downfall parody ever made wearing purple fedoras and chanting "Truinternadashadadupressure"

Have a great Thanksgiving!  I have another game I'm trying to beat before devoting another couple hundred hours to 7DTD anyway.

I'm mostly confused on how people can be mad when they made it so super obviously over the top clear that the "hoped for release dates" were . . . hopeful guesses lol

Like when Rick said "We might have this out by Halloween" Lathan immediately made a "wtf are you saying" face and started trying to temper expectations and be like 'uh yeah no I highly doubt that"

I was hoping it would be out this weekend, but the extent of my planning for it to be out was telling my friend "I sure hope it's out this weekend" while we were playing last night

Edited by Khalagar (see edit history)

3 часа назад BFT2020 сказал:

Мне нравится думать, что они действительно недооценивают токсичные сообщения. Те, что они сделали с моими, где после размышлений я стал токсичным, когда не собирался этого делать.

Возможно, я просто размышляю с моей стороны, но мысль о том, что у меня есть внешний моральный компас, который сочетается с моим внутренним, просто заставляет меня чувствовать себя лучше.  😆

You cannot claim that every post I post is toxic. But this kind of persecution is very toxic.

9 hours ago, POCKET951 said:

I think one of the big things about A20 with the new RWG  is to learn what the best locations/areas for food will be? will we find more in rural areas? or in cities?

We just don't have the knowledge to know the best way to handle food in A20 yet and we will learn when we get to play experimental

my guess is suburban/rural areas because that is where you will find animals for hunting as well as farms/barns

currently in A19 if you go into any kind of grocery store type POI you usually find very little food and a whole bunch of things that aren't food, which doesn't make sense

I thought I heard that TFP were using more location relevant loot in A20.   Or at least somebody talked about it.   Or I had a dream...  :)

On 11/13/2021 at 8:56 AM, Blake_ said:

3. Are there plans to limit hand held torch shadow casting from multiple players on multiplayer? I'm all for realism, but they cast too many sharp and glitchy shadows when it could be much more simple and epilepsy-free.

Fixed several bugs with it. Much cleaner now and light anim only moves 10% of the distance.

Edited by faatal (see edit history)

Ok,

Now i will do the thing from Canada and being from here.

I would like to formerly apologize and say i am Sorry for venting and acting out.

I have been a part of this community for many years.

I made my mistakes, and i made those mistakes again it seems 0.o

This could be a pattern i am not sure yet.

@Roland
I know every now and then i can get a bit Canadien on the forums lol, it's not my fault we can't have guns lol.

I can not guarantee i will behave just yet. But i am done ranting and plan on just being plain ol' oblivious to whatever.

Now you just take this thinga ajiger and push it harder then your last math test.

and now we have a thingy that does something lol.

the whole point is IF the COWS don't MOO they are not COWS!!!

torch-and-pitchfork.jpg

9 hours ago, wicketness said:

I don't rent game servers. I rent Bare Metal Hosts, currently $280 a month since Sept. 1st.

Just annoys me that they are constantly posting guesses build up the hype and delay month after month.

I love this game but i am here to rant and get it outta my system, I been hosting since 2014 and i spent a lot of money hosting 7 days to die. for my gaming group.

I just hate bad laggy servers, nothing gets done right unless you do it your self.

That's My Nickel.

torch-clipart-pitchfork-2-800x600-300x225.jpg

9 hours ago, wicketness said:

Now i am gonna go buy beer get drunk and get banned.

Need a new account anyways, and gives me something to do while we all wait another month.

*Incert Crying baby sound here*

I am salty Pretzel.

blogpost.jpeg

Nobody forced you to to rent server XD. this "addition" thing not connected with devs. So if you spend money to host game which is in alpha this is just only your fault  because - alpha = a lot of diffrent technical problems. This normal, well now even after "release" version can be not stable - cod, bf diablo etc.

7 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

Nobody forced you to to rent server XD. this "addition" thing not connected with devs. So if you spend money to host game which is in alpha this is just only your fault  because - alpha = a lot of diffrent technical problems. This normal, well now even after "release" version can be not stable - cod, bf diablo etc.

Yes, Sarcasm Is A Real Word. 0.O

12 hours ago, wicketness said:

That's My Nickel.

How many people can your server support online at the same time?
My server can only support about 15 people at present, and it will be completely delayed and stuck in two to three hours, causing players to drop in batches.
This seems to be a problem after A19.3

10 hours ago, bachgaman said:

You cannot claim that every post I post is toxic. But this kind of persecution is very toxic.

No and I really don't care about all of your posts.  I just noted that the thumbs down from them was for posts that I made that were toxic and I shouldn't have done that.

I have seen you been toxic against streamers, against developers, and against others in this forum.  But don't believe me, take a look at your own words just in the streamer thread alone in General discussion.  Pointing out what you have said in the past against others is not persecution or toxic, it's trying to get you to step back and understand that what you are typing is not very helpful or even nice to others.

it's just a bit of a shame that only hypocritical and greedy Twitch streamers will be able to play

it will not change the fact that most streamers are not sincere, play badly and do it only for the sake of profit. I don’t understand why people consume such blatantly low-quality content. Because others are doing it? Well, man is a herd animal

But I don’t care at all, even if they eat @%$#

Therefore, I condemn them. Most streamers are self-serving, fake and greedy lazy people

• Roland unpinned this topic
  • Roland locked this topic