Alpha 20 Dev Diary

madmole

3 minutes ago, Roland said:

They almost made it for this weekend. It was just a bit too much to do especially considering getting the changelog document finished. I think that the first or second weekend in December are a reasonable bet but for sure it could always get pushed back again. Nature of the beast.

I made a bet with someone for 5 dollars that A20 would come out sometime in January. Is there any way you could pull some strings, maybe intentionally create a MF bug or two that might take a week or two to finish? ;)

2 minutes ago, unholyjoe said:

<runs off to redo xml to lower it even more>

This has gotten me curious though. Will pistols and hunting knives be removed from the loot table of toilets? I love the reference, but it can throw balance out of whack...

Also, just an inconsistency I've found. The traders sell every food type AFAIK, except for pumpkin-related recipes. An oversight perhaps? :)

Edited by MechanicalLens (see edit history)

18 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Read his message again.

The possible streamer weekend dates in December are as follows:

1) 4-5 December

2) 11-12 December

3) 18-19 December

4) 25-26 December

It could still be pushed to January or even February+ of next year, so take that into account.

It'll be done when it's done.

now i can ALWAYS be wrong BUT.... :)

bandicam 2021-11-15 14-23-57-923.jpg

37 minutes ago, Roland said:

The team meeting finished up this morning and the decision was made to not try and crunch and force the release this weekend. The new goal is the first part of December since we have the Thanksgiving holiday taking out a significant portion of the team for the following weekend.

On a side note, I'm selling pitchforks and torches on the cheap. Message me privately for a good deal.

Is this real or just a joke?? Can you re-post this on Steam? :suspicious:

1 hour ago, Jost Amman said:

Will you, at some point, work also on activating physics vs. explosions for vehicles?

I remember one of the streams where they tried to blow up the 4x4 with sticks of dynamite, but it wouldn't budge.

I was in that stream. Probably someday, but low priority.

I'm glad they've said it's not happening early anyway and also glad no one is crunching and they get to celebrate thanksgiving too.

I'm sure there'll be some pitchfork BS but to be honest, if you really want to play something riddled with bugs the GTA trilogy remaster just came out. Should be bugs enough for everyone in there

27 minutes ago, Roland said:

They almost made it for this weekend. It was just a bit too much to do especially considering getting the changelog document finished. I think that the first or second weekend in December are a reasonable bet but for sure it could always get pushed back again. Nature of the beast.

Yes, we are close, but at it minimum it will take this entire week and maybe the weekend to clean out the high MFs (LOL). Then there has to be solid (days of) testing time, because there will be things we missed that need a few more fixes. I and no doubt others will be testing through Thanksgiving weekend, so it will actually get more testing that way.

4 minutes ago, Doomofman said:

I'm glad they've said it's not happening early anyway and also glad no one is crunching and they get to celebrate thanksgiving too.

I'm sure there'll be some pitchfork BS but to be honest, if you really want to play something riddled with bugs the GTA trilogy remaster just came out. Should be bugs enough for everyone in there

There is plenty of crunching going on. I logged 73 hours last week (I track my hours every day), which may be the most in a week of any game I've ever worked on. I don't mind. I love this game. Rest will come later.

14 minutes ago, faatal said:

There is plenty of crunching going on. I logged 73 hours last week (I track my hours every day), which may be the most in a week of any game I've ever worked on. I don't mind. I love this game. Rest will come later.

Sorry to hear that. It's great you love the game but take care of yourself. The level headed amongst us don't mind when it comes out

15 minutes ago, faatal said:

Can you feel that? The hairs standing up on the back of your neck. You can just imagine someone is out there with hands on the keys ready to type that they have played way more hours of the game last week than you have worked. They are struggling not to but it is so hard............

1 hour ago, Roland said:

The team meeting finished up this morning and the decision was made to not try and crunch and force the release this weekend. The new goal is the first part of December since we have the Thanksgiving holiday taking out a significant portion of the team for the following weekend.

On a side note, I'm selling pitchforks and torches on the cheap. Message me privately for a good deal.

I can understand this and live with that. Those are legitimate reasons and im glad to see that there's still employers who dont rush their staff to the limit to release stuff yesterday ago. I went through this earlier in my life and now i see great value in taking time to do things right once instead of pushing it and having to fix it countless times afterward.

Edited by Kyonshi (see edit history)

EVERYONE, is silly for thinking we are getting A20 any time "SOON™".

The Pretzel Truck has been stolen and everything has been found eaten.

It is gonna take MONTHS to get things back to the levels they were before.

News from my source says not till January or February.

The team is just too small to push things out that fast, so now we wait.

Edited by Crater Creator
off topic/discussion of moderation (see edit history)

8 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

Funny Kuosimodo likes a majority of my posts.  They disliked one or two of mine, but I see a lot more likes than thumbs down.

Because you argue with me. Check it out. This is exactly what I am talking about. So you can thank me for the likes!😋

13 hours ago, bachgaman said:

Well, yes, because someone is arguing with me. Therefore, at maybe half of his reactions is not dislikes.

4 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

@Roland Just my take, but perhaps it would be a wiser idea to change the target release date on the first page from "First part of December" to "December-January"? Otherwise quite a many people might take December as gospel. :)

My take is that next weekend could have seen a release. But they dont wanna impose crunch hours for their staff. So this would have meant the weekend after, but then its Thanksgiving. So then it goes to early December. Its still makes sense for that period, if all goes well and things seems to go well, as i remember Joel recently stating that they fixed about 100 of those 127 bugs he mentioned some weeks ago.

Now this is still pure speculation and i of course cant have the last word on this. But personally, if it would have been January, i think they would have made it clear beforehand.

7 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

@Roland Just my take, but perhaps it would be a wiser idea to change the target release date on the first page from "First part of December" to "December-January"? Otherwise quite a many people might take December as gospel. :)

I'm not going to put January on that until it becomes a reality. Right now the reality points to first part of December.

They seriously need to just stop guessing.

I was hyped for A20 now it is just costing money lol.

Oh well i got a wicked host system in preparation for A20,

The FTP Trend is now 1.5 years per patch.

This is gonna be another A16.4 and scares meh.

On the plus side that means the game itself won't be finished for at least another 6 years.

We will be playing Elder Scrolls 6 before we get a completed game.

My grave stone will read " Died Waiting for 7 days to die to end the development cycle "
Maybe i should fire up 12 servers and take over the server section for fun. been years since all you saw was SMS Servers lol.

yeah that is what i am gonna do. multiple game servers for every single skill level from Noob to Master. might take 18 servers 0.o

Yes this is a Threat lol.

That's My Nickel.

Just Counted 23 game servers will do. means i only need to fire up 12 more.

Edited by wicketness (see edit history)

9 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Nice try, I hope you lose your January bet 😄