Alpha 20 Dev Diary

madmole

37 minutes ago, DanLW said:

I wonder if the script isn't doing a stealth check?  (Or maybe it is but isn't working?). I would make it so that a room wouldn't wake up if stealth was above the rooms threshold.  The stealth required would be based on zombie level.  Rooms with higher level Zs would require higher stealth to not wake up.

BUT I would also make it so that if the player messes up, there is a good chance the whole POI could wake up.  Sneaking deep into a large POI only to have everything wake up toward the end could make for some heart pounding moments, especially for those underground ones with only one way out!

It's not a script. Some sleeper areas are configured to wake up the sleepers as soon as someone enters it.

20 hours ago, Roland said:

He just posted that there is a minimum of 32. But that number will rise and fall over the next few weeks. Better to trust an emoji countdown than a MF countdown...

Where is this Emoji countdown you refer to.  Is it on some double secret internal page?

🤣

Question why the heck can you guys all use MFS and i upload one picture of it to a rude post.

I get placed in watch for each post?

Middle Finger Salute. ( MFS )

I see a lot of people posting it and i post it once and i get punished?

Whats up you hate Canadiens or have something against Native Americans?

Or am i missing something?

I am not going back 100 pages to find out either.

50 minutes ago, wicketness said:

Question why the heck can you guys all use MFS and i upload one picture of it to a rude post.

I get placed in watch for each post?

Middle Finger Salute. ( MFS )

I see a lot of people posting it and i post it once and i get punished?

Whats up you hate Canadiens or have something against Native Americans?

Or am i missing something?

I am not going back 100 pages to find out either.

MFs stand for Must Fix bugs which is how it has predominantly been used. Some people joke about what else MF could stand for but nobody posted a picture actually showing the gesture or having it spelled out and to at least two moderators it seemed it was also part of an angry retort to someone else's post so....flaming.  Any time anyone gets an infraction for any reason their account gets a cooldown period of a day or two where any further posts must be approved before they show up because some people react to an infraction point initially with a burn the world attitude. Discussing moderation publicly disrupts the forum so if you have further questions or need further explanation please PM a moderator.

14 hours ago, khzmusik said:

As a professional programmer, that was not the wrong interpretation. :) There have been numerous times where our team was getting ready for a release, only for QA to find bugs that we caused when we fixed other bugs, and those new bugs were an order of magnitude more than the bugs we fixed. Really made CAB meetings exciting.

As far as the literal number goes, I was assuming MF bugs were the same as "Highest" plus "High" bugs, and the rest were "nice to have, but don't hold up a release" bugs.

It was the wrong interpretation of those numbers. Having 100 bugs and then having 32. Apples to oranges comparison, since they were different stats.

Edited by faatal (see edit history)

11 hours ago, Khalagar said:

Your video is likely on a lower difficulty than mine, and you seem to have exp turned up. You used the stun baton against a couple of basic zombies and still had to kite and struggle, spawn those same zombies and try the same test with a fully perked level 6 steel club, you'll 1-2 shot them and be done in a fraction of the time without needing to kite.  The baton wasn't really doing anything for you there that a steel axe wouldn't have done, probably done easier as well. Steel axe did pretty well in my tests of all the weapons actually

That's not my video.  If it had been, I would have broken out my guns a lot sooner when I realized I was going against specials and radiated zombies in that area...or go back over the wall to try to string them out.  That was a bad situation for the player as turrets were not placed in good spots and totally ignored after they were initially placed.  Not playing to the strengths of Int build / equipment and not accounting for the weaknesses.  Sure fully perk steel club would have kept the player alive and survived it, but that is because that tree is geared towards the starting player and the strengths are there to overcome mistakes the player makes.

Is a fully perked steel club easier to use than a knife or a stun baton?  Sure, nobody is going to argue that.  But why does the Int attributes or Agility attributes have to be on par with the strength attributes?  If everything must be on the same level, then they should just eliminate everything else as it wouldn't matter what choices you make in the game.

You can survive with agility builds and int builds, as long as you play smart.  The difference in those builds is that they are less forgiving if the player makes mistakes.

@faatal Isn't it you and Steven on the stream tonight? I won't be attending due to living  parsecs away from that time zone , but all my gamer luck to you, for AI programmers shall not die on an actual gameplay.... right? 

I wish you guys a nice evening, your dev streams are always fun to watch ! 

1 hour ago, unholyjoe said:

are you serious!?

:)

Only i can be serious on this forum ! and..... can anyone send me newsstands screens from A20 ?  😭 😭    because after watching cod vanguard gameplay... i  almost lost my mind. Can anyone explain how 7dtd looks more realistic that cod?? damn 

7DTD - 25$ - you will get fun, you can see nice toilets, you can get nice hunting rifle and make your own ww1 ( well zombies good  suit's too ww1)  mod if you can make mods, talk with nice girl and create good looking bunker

COD - 70$ - STG have 12 ammo and almost everyone have modifated gun... in campaign.no mods, tons of paid skins....

Pls TFP if you evere decided to make ww2 make first play cod to know how to not making games. 

I think i will spend rest of this night looking for skeletons , newsstands and perfects arts how camp for bandits would looks like. So good night and.... don't forget guys to drink grandpa's moonshine 

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Blake_ said:

@faatal Isn't it you and Steven on the stream tonight? I won't be attending due to living  parsecs away from that time zone , but all my gamer luck to you, for AI programmers shall not die on an actual gameplay.... right? 

I wish you guys a nice evening, your dev streams are always fun to watch ! 

Yes.

Staying alive will not be my top priority. Having fun will be.

I do have a request/suggestion. I like to play random horde nights. Is there any way there could be an option to turn off the blood moon warning? 

Currently the options are morning (noon) and evening (1800). I would like the option to just turn it off & only know it's a blood moon by the red sky & crackling of thunder.

Would be a cool "oh sh*t, I better get my ass home & prepare" kinda thing.

Edited by Outlaw_187 (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Outlaw_187 said:

I do have a request/suggestion. I like to play random horde nights. Is there any way there could be an option to turn off the blood moon warning? 

Currently the options are morning (noon) and evening (1800). I would like the option to just turn it off & only know it's a blood moon by the red sky & crackling of thunder.

I can enter the option 'Disabled' at 'Blood Moon Warning', which won't turn the letters red and thus won't create a warning. The option can be accessed by pressing the LEFT arrow in the setting

2 hours ago, Outlaw_187 said:

You can already do this.

Or just set it to evening, because that's when the thunder starts to tell you the bloodmoon is incoming anyways.