madmole

Alpha 20 Dev Diary

46 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

Problem is they can't / don't have a power attack... otherwise you already can use tools as weapons.

Have you ever tried using a T6 wrench as a weapon? I'm telling you, it's got a pretty decent blunt damage!

Tools without repair function do list power attack damage...

55 minutes ago, Catdaddy said:

Tools without repair function do list power attack damage...

Actually you're right, Pickaxes and Axes can power attack... so I guess in that case it could be done.

Edited by Jost Amman (see edit history)

I finished watching the A20 stream on Wednesday, but I didn't see any relevant changes, everything they want to introduce as new already exists with the mods.

You need to utilise holding your breath and make an underwater biome with buildings submerged With boats or canoes

28 minutes ago, Gouki said:

I finished watching the A20 stream on Wednesday, but I didn't see any relevant changes, everything they want to introduce as new already exists with the mods.

Then go play with mods?

Just now, Jost Amman said:

Then go play with mods?

Yes, I play with mods, they give a little more life to the game, why be waiting, if in the end they introduce it to the main game, in a different way, but they do.
Regards

38 minutes ago, Gouki said:

Yes, I play with mods, they give a little more life to the game, why be waiting, if in the end they introduce it to the main game, in a different way, but they do.
Regards

Personally I never play with mods. I tried them but I never find one "reasonable" enough to feel like vanilla. What I mean is that vanilla, even when still in need of some balancing, feels way more "professional" than whatever good/great mods are out there. I already said this before (I think on Steam): modders are great, sure, but the problem is they can't feel the pressure the devs have on their own game to not screw up, so they often go too far or let some very weird stuff slip into their mods. :noidea:

• Thanks 2

My only dream is that Madmole makes pink dye like this:

https://culturehustle.com/products/pink-50g-powdered-paint-by-stuart-semple

• Haha 1

Do you guys have any plans for VR in the future? I remember reading about it in the kickstarter but I have not seen an update since. Cheers!

backers.png

vr support.png

• Dislike 1

8 hours ago, Madingus said:

Do you guys have any plans for VR in the future? I remember reading about it in the kickstarter but I have not seen an update since. Cheers!

backers.png

vr support.png

Should have watch the pt2 stream 

+1 for the radio idea.

However, I know TFP already have a plot in mind for the game.  But I always thought that having ultra rare parts for a radio would be great for am endgame strategy.  Once you get all the parts and are happy with ending the current playthrough, you use the radio to get rescued and the end credits roll.

Kinda like Minecraft... You can play forever, but if you want you can kill the Ender dragon and have that sense of accomplishment of having beat the game.

Hey, that supply plane has to he coming from somewhere!

Edited by DanLW
Spelling erers (see edit history)

22 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

Problem is they can't / don't have a power attack... otherwise you already can use tools as weapons.

Have you ever tried using a T6 wrench as a weapon? I'm telling you, it's got a pretty decent blunt damage!

I've swung one at them before, same with the pick axe. Yes they can do decent damage in a pinch but would be nice to use as actual weapons, like dealing real damage such as the steel club or steel sledgehammer. 

I realize it can be done regardless, just saying though. 

5 minutes ago, Outlaw_187 said:

I've swung one at them before, same with the pick axe. Yes they can do decent damage in a pinch but would be nice to use as actual weapons, like dealing real damage such as the steel club or steel sledgehammer. 

I realize it can be done regardless, just saying though. 

This is done on purpose, for balance. If the axe was as good as other melee weapons but ALSO saving a slot, why even implement other melee weapons, nobody would be using them anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, meganoth said:

This is done on purpose, for balance. If the axe was as good as other melee weapons but ALSO saving a slot, why even implement other melee weapons, nobody would be using them anyway.

Well when they add Ents into the game in alpha 21 i can see axes having a bonus damage against them, as well as molotovs and other fire sources.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Maxley said:

Well when they add Ents into the game in alpha 21 i can see axes having a bonus damage against them, as well as molotovs and other fire sources.

They're not going to add Ents, sorry, Unity has an Entity limit that's already been reached. :heh: