Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

2 hours ago, samljer said:

@faatal @madmole

Would it be possible to have the quests randomly selected based on POI and not distance?

Right now, it seems you always get the same few quests, same buildings. say (skyscraper_02 and skyscraper_01) for say "Jen"

go to a different trader, and you get a different set, but always the same for each trader. (Hospital and waterworks) for "hugh"

also, allowing hand-ins for non-retrieve quests to any trader would also be cool.

we play 8k maps almost exclusively and once you do a few you always get the same quests at the same spots for the same, same, same, etc.

I just think having the quests randomly chosen  based on what they are, and not where they are would open the map up a whole lot more.

For obvious reasons this could (probably should) be a feature limited to Tier4 and Tier5.

The biggest problem is that there are only about 5 or 6 tier5 buildings at all, repetition is unavoidable currently. But the quest system in A20 is getting an overhaul so that you can select quests from all tiers in end game.

And I hope the RWG overhaul will make denser cities possible again which could lead to all tier5 buildings available in a big city

Other peoples thoughts as well pls?

I wish they would add this to Unity.

I use Unity too, would love this added.

FidelityFX is coming to Unity, AMD announced them as one of their partners. But according to Faatal 7d2d uses an older mode of operation that won't get upgraded with FFX. So probably no luck for 7D2D

EDIT: Here's the link:

meganoth

meganoth

1 hour ago, samljer said:

@faatal @madmole

Would it be possible to have the quests randomly selected based on POI and not distance?

Right now, it seems you always get the same few quests, same buildings. say (skyscraper_02 and skyscraper_01) for say "Jen"

go to a different trader, and you get a different set, but always the same for each trader. (Hospital and waterworks) for "hugh"

also, allowing hand-ins for non-retrieve quests to any trader would also be cool.

we play 8k maps almost exclusively and once you do a few you always get the same quests at the same spots for the same, same, same, etc.

I just think having the quests randomly chosen  based on what they are, and not where they are would open the map up a whole lot more.

For obvious reasons this could (probably should) be a feature limited to Tier4 and Tier5.

The biggest problem is that there are only about 5 or 6 tier5 buildings at all, repetition is unavoidable currently. But the quest system in A20 is getting an overhaul so that you can select quests from all tiers in end game.

And I hope the RWG overhaul will make denser cities possible again which could lead to all tier5 buildings available in a big city

1 hour ago, samljer said:

Other peoples thoughts as well pls?

I wish they would add this to Unity.

I use Unity too, would love this added.

FidelityFX is coming to Unity, AMD announced them as one of their partners. But according to Faatal 7d2d uses an older mode of operation that won't get upgraded with FFX. So probably no luck for 7D2D